SM OU I need help with this team, it looks off-balanced. Help me out, please?

Hello users, I've been using this team for a while now, and I'm not sure if it's the best set. I need to know if it's good. Could you help me out please? If so, it'd mean a lot. :]

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Tapu Koko is the runner-in for Pokemon on the team that need help, like Ferrothorn. Fighting types could mess up my set on Ferrothorn, and so Tapu Koko sweeps in and deals with the opponent using Dazzling Gleam. Grass Knot is used for ground types, like Garchomp and M-Swampert. Thunderbolt and Volt Switch are obviously Tapu Koko's most common moves as it wouldn't make sense to not run them. U-Turn is another option though, maybe?

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Lando-T is my Stealth Rock and hazard remover. I used the Smogon moveset, because it's very useful. The 252 HP and 240 Def help it live possibly more than one turn. Defog helps remove hazards like Stealth Rock, and (T-)Spikes. Earthquake, obviously so it can attack too. :)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is my stall Pokemon, with it's defensive EVs and Leech Seed, Leftovers combination. Protect helps it get that recovery and let it stall the opponent. Power Whip and Gyro Ball are it's attacking moves.

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Greninja, like, Tapu Koko, is a offensive, "sweep the opponent" kind of Pokemon. Expert belt helps it do more damage to the opponent. U-turn is for grass types like Kartana to avoid getting KO'd. If it stays in, Ice Beam is there to get rid of said grass types.

Volcarona @ Buginium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Volcarona is my Fire-type mon. I chose the Smogon set, but chose Giga Drain to regain HP. Buginium Z helps it with defensive mons that are super effective against Volcarona. Quiver Dance helps it set up.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Chansey is the defensive mon on my team, and I used the Smogon set because it's the best choice for my team. I can't really say anything else about it, but Heal Bell, curing the team of status conditions, like Greninja or Tapu Koko.

Threats:

Fighting Type mons could really hurt my team, because most of them are weak to Fighting types. Tapu Koko can't just come out and KO, most likely from Stealth Rocks. This happens almost every battle. Stealth Rocks, and then a magical Ice Type move appears out of thin air and KOs Lando-T. I really don't know how to fix this.

I really need help with this team, and I could really appreciate it.

Hey I'm gonna try rate this team bro, in general you do have some awareness on how to build a team but I see a lot of flaws which I'll point out now:

1. Chansey is an odd-ball here as only fits on stall or maybe as a niche on a more offensive team to eventually healing wish mid/late game.

2. You have E-belt greninja but you are running almost a standard Ash Gren set (minus ice beam and u turn). You need to be able to break common walls to you such as Ferro.

3. Volcarona just doesn't fit this team for the reason that you have no support for it. You have no hazard removal so it takes half on switch-in. You also have no way to muscle through stall effectively with a lack of wallbreaker.

4. On a team like this it is nice to have some speed control so I'm going to recommend a scarfer to deal with fast threats.

Ok so here are the changes I would recommend:

1. Remove Chansey and swap it for Mew who provides you with a medicham and lopunny switch in. I decided to put stealth rock on your mew simply because it appreciates not having to be poisoned if t-spikes are up. I have a standard set on mew except I've put Earth Power on it over WoW. This is mainly because heatran is such a threat to this new team.

2. I would change the Koko to the shuca berry set because it alleviates pressure off lando to weaken ground types. You have access to roost meaning you can consistently pressure the opposing team and stay healthy enough to check Hawlucha and Pinsir.

3. I would run bulky scarf landorus instead of the standard defensive one because you no longer need a SR. This set still checks physical offensive threats well whilst running defog for hazard control.

4. Next I would scrap this greninja set for a better wallbreaker which the team needs. I would run mega Medicham because it alleviates the stall problem though mega sableye will require some playing around to beat. I decided to opt for thunder punch over Zen headbutt mainly because it helps you break through sableye and other bulky water types if terrain is up. You do lose the pressure on venusaur. But it doesnt appreciate an coming in over and over on ice punch / HJK that much anyway. Plus with all the hazards you have it is pressured anyway.

5. Next I suggest running spikes on your ferrothorn over protect to pressure bulkier teams more. Kartana is a bit of an issue so I'm going to suggest something that might be a bit cheesy in the meta rn. I would change the ev spread to standard and run a chople berry in conjunction with Hidden power fire. This way you can OHKO Kartana and bait it in. The chople berry is also nice for getting a hit off on Lopunny and medicham as a last resort. You are also fairly weak to keldeo so the chople berry means you get a free power whip off which does min 83% assuming you don't miss ofc.

6. Finally while volcarona would now have the support it needs I would suggest running Heatran instead because it alleviates pressure off medicham against stall and balance. It also provides you with another 'lele check' and pressures bulky grass types you have some issues with. I would run the standard firium Z set.

Importable:

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Def / 176 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 136 HP / 128 Atk / 44 Def / 200 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

I hope this helps and ive tried not to take out too many of your original pokemon. This team is by no means perfect as you do have issues with kartana and heatran. And other fire types for that matter, so if you find a way to counter this feel free to change the team up. I personally don't like to use standard mons as much anymore so I'm sure someone else could think of a much better team for you. If anyone else has suggestions on this post do feel free to correct anything. Good luck building in the future bro and have fun.

I have quite a few suggestions, and most of them have to do with Tapu Koko and Greninja. Here they are:
One option is to replace either Tapu Koko or Greninja and replace one with a wall, not a stall. A stall protects basically absorbs hits, while walls could have somewhat of an offensive role, like Throh or Tyranitar (be sure to keep Greninja if you use Tyranitar to cover the weakness.), which are bulky, offensive mons.
Option number two: Take Greninja and (if you are in Showdown) give him his Battle Bond Abilty. Give him a multi-purpose role, like a cross of a revenge-killer, a lead, and a sweeper. Also, you can combine both Opt. 1 and 2 for a better outcome.
Option three. Completely remove the two mentioned mons (Koko and Greninja) and find better Pokemon to fit those roles.
Welp, that's it.

Hey mate, looks like a fun team you have here, though, like almost every team, it does have its flaws. I'm going to try not mention anything that Twilight did, as he provided a nice and thorough analysis, so I'm just going to try and tie up loose ends that I see. I will also be going off the assumption that you want a balance team that wants to force a lot of switches, as half your team is running U-Turn or Volt Switch.

1. Your team is destroyed by any physical wall: Chansey, Toxapex, Skarmory, and Celesteela to name a few. You desperately need a physical wall breaker, otherwise, you're going to be stalled to death. To fix this, get rid of your Chansey, you already have a wall in Ferrothorn, and replace it with either Mega Medicham or Mega Loppuny. Both are some of the most potent wall breakers in OU at the moment and would recommend just using the suggested move sets in the competitive Pokedex.

2.) I would agree that Greninja should be swapped, though I think it should be scarf Keldeo, as your team really needs the speed control and Keldo is one of the best scarfers in OU right now. I would again recommend the standard set with scald, though if you find that Toxapex is a problem for your team, run taunt instead and then switch out to someone that can handle it better if you don't want it to set up on the switch.

3.) Replace Volcarona with Hoopa-Unbound or Heatran. You can take the suggestions that Twilight gave you, but it acts as a great check to the fighting weakness that, unless you choose Mega Lopunny, your team does not have anymore. However, with said Heatran you add an extra fighting weakness. Honestly, you just need a special wall breaker, preferably without the weakness to SR. In the set below, it is the stallbreaker set.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

I know I kinda ripped this team to pieces, sorry about that, but I hope that my suggestions help and you are able to thrive. Feel free to make any of these changes or none of them if you prefer. I wish you the best of luck playing and building.

Hey there BetaDog! I like the team you have there, but it does struggle with quite a few things and does have some general issues that I will firstly mention, and then try to cover them. This is going to be a pretty thorough rate, so bare with me on that.

Overview:
The concept of pairing Chansey with offense is an interesting one, and one that had actually been seeing a bit of usage in SPL (disagreeing with Twilight on this one). This team, however, lacks a few things that a Chansey offense-team normally has and therefor makes it incredibly hard to actually keep it on the team. If you look at the replays that I will share below, you will notice that the teams have a certain amount of solidity to them, meaning that the teams are reliable in some way, shape, or form. And I do not see Landorus with both Stealth Rock and Defog as a reliable remover, to name just one example. I do think the team as a whole is not really fitted for Chansey, to be frank. The team also does not carry a solid Zygarde answer due to the fact that Hidden Power [Ice] is not being run on Landorus. Lastly, I do disagree with some sets on their own but that is going to explain that in detail later on.
What is your team weak to?
:
I am using this as a stall icon. The way of you breaking stall is close to zero. You cannot put stall on hold for long enough, nor can you break it properly, or force hazards. That in mind is making the stall match-up unbeatable versus anyone who remotely knows how to play with a stall team.
: The counterplay to Substitute Zygarde is literally zero, though if it comes in on either the Landorus, the Ferrothorn, or a Thunderbolt locked Tapu Koko as you have no real defensive Pokémon to counter it. Landorus could be one, but, as perviously stated, you do not run Hidden Power [Ice] on it to check, if not counter it.
: This Pokémon is also pretty threatning to your team. If it is Taunt, it disables your Chansey from recovering or healing. If it is specs it OHKO's/2HKO's everything as long as the player using that Pokémon gets the prediction right and Calm Mind is pretty much a late game auto-loss, since you cannot stop it from Calm Minding once your Tapu Koko is down.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
:
Tapu Bulu is one of the
resists, and probably the best one. The Grassy Terrain support is borderline needed for an upcomin major change. The fact that Ferrothorn's job of setting Spikes can easily be transferred to Greninja is great, so we do not have to worry about that too much either.
>
:
This change is trying to fix your remover problem. As I said in the overview section: I am not a fan of both Stealth Rock and Defog Landorus. Zapdos, on the other hand, gives you a reliable removal that is able to check various physical threats in the tier, including Hawlucha and Kartana. And getting of the Tapu Koko might sound like a stretch for you, but it is a way to cover a lot of the Pokémon you were weak to.
>
:
I originally wanted to keep the Chansey but I have chosen not to do so for a few reasons: Firstly, the weakness to Tapu Lele is not to overlook. Secondly, it is also a wish-passer, and the support is needed for the more offensive Pokémon on the team. Thirdly, it provides U-Turn support which is also nice for the Landorus, the breaker. I am going with the standard Sp Def spread here, since it is the most efficient, in my opinion.
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
With this change I was trying to accomplish having a rocker that can simultaneously break stall with enough support. Landorus can force the rocks versus Mega-Sableye if played right and bust through almost anything that stands in front of it. That would leave us with the set of Swords Dance|Earthquake|Stone Edge|Stealth Rock.
>
(
) : As I have previously mentioned in my change to Tangrowth, we can shift the Spikes to Greninja. To be completely honest, I am not a big fan of the inital set since it does not do much versus anything. Expert Belt is also just a waste of an item slot for this Pokémon. Choice Scarf works nicely, though, as it can set Spikes versus more offensive teams, and annoys fatter teams with U-Turn. Greninja's main role is the revenge-killer, however, so keep that in mind while playing versus faster teams. So, the moveset is going to be U-Turn|Spikes|Ice Beam|Low Kick.
>
(
)
: Since we have Landorus as the Z-Move user, we need to run some other set for Volcarona. I found the team pretty weak to Mega-Medicham so a defensive set was a logical solution to me. You can always fish for the burn with Flame Body. Once the Mega-Medicham is burned, it should be fine to deal with. Hidden Power [Ground] is being run for the sole purpose of checking Heatran. So the set I am going for is Quiver Dance|Fiery Dance|Roost|Hidden Power [Ground].
Conclusion:
The team before did have some major issues, and I am not saying that this team does not have issues either. It is weak to Mega Medicham for example, so you need to try to switch Volcarona in on it and hope for a burn. The team might also struggle with Heatran a decent amount. What I would normally do in that scenario is just to Low Kick it and hope that your opponent falls for the bait, or try to beat it with Volcarona. This team was quite hard to rate while keeping the theme of the team alive, if this rate does not appeal to you in any way, feel free to let me me know and just know that I was trying my best to make this team as good as possible. With all of that being said, good luck in your future endeavors!​

Resources:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)