Is there a need for a DW UU tier?

Should we make a DW UU tier?

• Total voters
I could post this in SQSA, but I feel that there's some decent discussion here.

So there is a DW OU tier, a BW OU tier, and a BW UU tier. The question is, is there a need to make a DW UU tier? Discuss whether or not this is necessary, whether or not we should make it, other questions about it. There's not a whole lot to this OP, so just post your thoughts on the DW tier and DW UU.

Yuggles

hey that second guy isn't too bad
I would just be afraid of the small UU userbase being split up further by the inclusion of a separate Dream World tier.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Would it be a tier with DW abilities for all Standard UU pokémon, or a UU list based on DW OU's usage stats?

Either way, I'd say no because of what Yuggles said, but maybe someone has an argument for it.

I personally dont think so, i wouldnt change much (Off the top of my head the only DW poke that is of any mention is sheer force nidoking) and it can be handled

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I personally dont think so, i wouldnt change much (Off the top of my head the only DW poke that is of any mention is sheer force nidoking) and it can be handled

If we give unreleased DW abilities to Standard UU pokémon: Addition of LightningRod Zapdos, Technician Roserade (meh), Volt Absorb Raikou, Magic Guard Alakazam, Cursed Body Froslass, Solar Power Charizard with Egg moves, Unaware Clefable, Imposter Ditto, No Guard Golurk, Truant Durant.

If we work with DW OU's usage list (less than 3.41% usage): Loss of Chansey, Arcanine, Suicune, Mamoswine, Zoroark; Addition of Solar Power Charizard with Egg moves, Terrakion, Latias, Magnezone, Deoxys-S, Virizion, Tornadus, Meloetta (heh), Shadow Tag Gothitelle, Prankster Volbeat, Sand Rush Sandslash.

Godshit, this is boring. And, of course, not final.

I would just be afraid of the small UU userbase being split up further by the inclusion of a separate Dream World tier.
This is exactly what I was going to say. I don't thing it'd be a bad idea if the UU population was the same as OU is.

While it could help us see what the metagame would be like in the future, I assume we will eventually see all DW abilities released, it would require there to be a substantial player base to test everything properly and to get meaningful statistics.

I don't think there will be enough players to warrant a separate tier and there will be little real benefit from it right now.

There are interesting stuff when you see DW abilities and stuff like Rotom W and Landorus and Terakion (???), sand seems to be a powerful strategy, Magnezone and Latias... Ok whats wrong whit this tier!?

The power level is great, but it seems like is gonna be a fun tier to play (when the appropriate bans are made), and it's a great way to play with some great pokes and their interesting abilities (like shadow tag Gothi)

Upstart

Copy Cat
No because
1.Spilt player base
2. Makes tiering a real hassle
3. As a result of the previous two slows the evolution of the metagame

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I don't like DW to begin with, but anyways:

1. UU for anything should be determined by stats for the appropriate OU. If there was to be one, it should not just be UU with DW abilities, because that is not how a real tier would be formed.
2. DW OU is not regulated, so usage is not really appropriate for using to determine such a tier.

So no, I do not think it should exist

We should probably let UU settle for a while (at least get past the first sound of suspect testing) before we start something as controversial as a DW tier.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If we give unreleased DW abilities to Standard UU pokémon: Addition of LightningRod Zapdos, Technician Roserade (meh), Volt Absorb Raikou, Magic Guard Alakazam, Cursed Body Froslass, Solar Power Charizard with Egg moves, Unaware Clefable, Imposter Ditto, No Guard Golurk, Truant Durant.

If we work with DW OU's usage list (less than 3.41% usage): Loss of Chansey, Arcanine, Suicune, Mamoswine, Zoroark; Addition of Solar Power Charizard with Egg moves, Terrakion, Latias, Magnezone, Deoxys-S, Virizion, Tornadus, Meloetta (heh), Shadow Tag Gothitelle, Prankster Volbeat, Sand Rush Sandslash.
Thank you for this list, it helps the discussion a lot. IMO it should be pasted into the OP.

DW UU wouldn't change too much but it would definitely make a difference. I just don't think UU is popular enough at the moment to split the player base. Dream World OU is an amazing metagame and I'm glad we decided to keep it, but applying it to UU is just too much.

I've always seen the DW tier as a 'sandbox', to test out Pokemon's Dream World abilities and see if it is broken or not(stuff like Shadow Tag Chandelure: quite meh in Wifi/Standard, but quite a boss in DW). I'm not sure how DW OU works here anyway, since I usually play on PO's server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)