SV OU JEALOUSY - DLC 2 ANNOUNCEMENT, CHECK PAGE 2. (GOT REQS THREE TIMES + PEAKED 1889 No. 50)

INTRO:
:sv/manaphy::sv/kingambit::sv/ribombee::sv/gholdengo::sv/iron-moth::sv/Ogerpon-wellspring:

Hey, I said I was going to be back in my last RMT, and boy...we are so back. When the DLC dropped, I noticed the new Webs setter Ribombee. Its high Speed tier allows it to be the almost the best Webs setter that you could ask for. I strapped on mons that I thought took advantage of Webs the most, and started testing. I made the rough draft of this team during the Ursaluna-Bloodmoon suspect test, but was unable to get reqs (26-0 then lost 5 in a row). Bloodmoon getting banned actually made this team better, so I decided to continue instead of scrapping it. From the failures of my reqs rose one of the best teams I ever made. This team has a way of controlling the pace of the game, as it controls Speed and forces predictable leads. It was fun farming Booster Energy mons and other HOs. I am very proud of this team, as this is a new peak for the teams I made as well as me being able to meet so many new people (hpdark). Hope you enjoy this, and I present to you, JEALOUSY.

I laddered on the account W2P, don't mind the GXE as I use that account for testing and have lost a lot. Thanks so much clerica for using this team for both Roaring Moon and Gliscor, they are a super star.
elo.png

DISCLAIMER: Roaring Moon was banned just after I finished this RMT. I'll leave those parts in but just update if there is a better alternative.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

:sv/manaphy::sv/kingambit:
This team actually started with Manaphy. I wanted to build around what I think is the best pokemon added in DLC1 (not including Bloodmoon). Its Speed tier was a bit slow for a sweeper, so I paired it with Webs. It was going to be a rain team, but rain being stomped by Wellspring made me pivot to Webs. It serves as a setup sweeper with Tail Glow. The next mon was obvious, as Kingambit is the best mon in the tier and is even better on Webs since it outspeeds more foes; additionally, it checks opposing Kingambit well thanks to almost always going first. Kingambit pairs well of course with Manaphy, as it can take Grass moves like Grassy Glide from Rillaboom and revenge kill the users.

:sv/manaphy::sv/kingambit::sv/ribombee::sv/gholdengo:
Next was the Webs part of the team. What better pair than Ribombee and Gholdengo? Ribombee is the best offensive lead in the tier right now, as it's able to beat all the others and set up Sticky Web if played right (versus balance you get Webs up for free unless Cinderace is there). Even after getting Webs up, it is a great emergency sack option and can provide support with Skill Swap and Stun Spore. While most Gholdengo are bulky or speedy support, this Gholdengo serves as a stallbreaker. Since Webs negate the need for heavy Speed investment, this set focuses more on bulk and power to break through opposing teams and serve as a defensive backbone.

:sv/manaphy::sv/kingambit::sv/ribombee::sv/gholdengo::sv/iron-moth::sv/ogerpon-wellspring:
Rounding out the team are the heavy hitters. Iron Moth is a wallbreaker as well as a form of Speed control when Webs aren't up. It helps with the Webs mirror matchup as well as the sun matchup. Ogerpon-W is here to serve as a physical wallbreaker that helps support Kingambit by weakening things like Gliscor and Dondozo. It also offers Encore support which shuts down setup and more, namely Double Dance Manaphy.

TEAM BREAKDOWN:

:leftovers::sv/manaphy::leftovers:
HPDARKEAGLE (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Grass / Water
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

The most flexible member of the team, Manaphy serves as an early game wallbreaker and a sweeper thanks to its excellent coverage. 168 Speed and a Timid nature hits 305 Speed to outpace the crowded 300 Speed tier and outspeed almost everything with Webs up. Maximum Special Attack is to hit as hard as possible. The rest was poured into HP to give some bulk. Tail Glow to boost special attack, Surf for a strong STAB option, Ice Beam for hitting things like Amoonguss and Roaring Moon (even hitting Tera Flying Roaring Moon). Energy Ball compliments the first moves perfectly, namely covering Water-types and OHKOing Ogerpon-W at +3 and Tera Grass. Tera Grass also gains a resistance to both of Manaphy's weaknesses, including Grassy Glide. Tera Water can also be used to power up Surf. Leftovers helps with set up, as you might need to switch in multiple times in a game. You generally want to open up teams with Manaphy, as it almost always forces a Tera, but you can also open with Iron Moth depending on match up. Try weakening walls like Galarian Slowkingand Empoleon before using this Manaphy. For Galarian Slowking, just getting rid of it enables Iron Moth and Manaphy so much so try to pressure it as much as possible. Also, this is the perfect partner for Iron Moth as it hits a lot of things that it can't (like Heatran). Don't be afraid to double into Manaphy if you expect a Great Tusk switch-in.

:black-glasses::sv/kingambit::air-balloon:

awyp (Kingambit) @ Black Glasses / Air Balloon
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying / Dark / Fairy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Low Kick / Iron Head / Tera Blast

The main cleaner of the team, Kingambit's sheer power just completely breaks things down late game. Maximum Speed and Attack take full advantage of Webs, beating opposing Rillaboom, Kingambit, and Gholdengo. Swords Dance boosts attack, Sucker Punch provides strong priority, and thanks to webs dropping opponents Speed, most Sucker Punch mindgames can be avoided. Kowtow Cleave provides insane damage output. The last moveslot is flexible; Low Kick hits other Kingambit as well as Roaring Moon and Heatran and is the preferred chioce, especially with Tera Dark. Iron Head hits Iron Valiant and has the best coverage with Tera Flying. Lastly, Tera Blast is another choice with Tera Fairy. Black Glasses give a good boost in power to your Dark moves, while Air Balloon is an option to dodge common Ground coverage like Earthquake Great Tusk. Tera Flying is usually the best option for its immunity to Ground and Spikes, while Tera Dark can also be used (thanks to hpdark) for showing me the power of it) for a boost in power to even beat Dondozo. Tera Fairy is just for the tech coverage, but it also comes with a Dragon immunity and Fighting resistance.

:focus-sash::sv/ribombee::focus-sash:
wildfiree (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Stun Spore / Skill Swap

The Sticky Web setter. Returning from the DLC comes Ribombee, and boy is it as good as ever. Its high Speed beats all the leads of the tier. Mainly it sets up Webs and faints, but in some matchups is saved for later or used for a free sack. Sticky Web is a given on this set as it enables this team, and Moonblast provides strong STAB coverage and notably 2HKOes Hatterene. Psychic is for leads like Glimorra and counter leads like Iron Moth. With these two moves, Ribombee is able to disrupt opposing leads. Lastly, Stun Spore paralyzes common Heavy-Duty Boots users to still provide a Speed drop. Skill Swap can also be ran to annoy the likes of Hatterene and Gliscor, shutting them down completely. Tera Steel is ran here over Tera Ghost to stop Glimmora from removing Webs on lead. Also, Gholdengo can spinblock, meaning that Tera Ghost is a waste. You mostly don't need to Tera Ribombee, but only if you really need to slow things down like opposing HO (Exotic64's HO for example) makes the matchup so much easier by messing up Booster Energy and more. When using Tera vs Glimorra, don't Tera turn one and throw of a Psychic. This will break Focus Sash. Then Tera Steel turn two and get Webs up. They will either switchout (what we want) or will stay in and sack Glimmora. Again, Tera isn't needed for all matchups, just some faster paced teams.

:air-balloon::sv/gholdengo::air-balloon:
wessin (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Dark / Fighting
EVs: 148 HP / 144 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast / Psyshock

Gholdengo is kind of our "do everything" Pokemon. It's able to spinblock, set up and sweep, and completely wall certain mons (Gliscor + Dragonite). This EV spead is tweaked to Webs and being the fastest it can while not sacrificing too much power. 216 Speed EVs hits 258 Speed which is enough to outspeed Weavile and everything slower under Webs. 148 HP allows Gholdengo to tank a Shadow Ball from offensive Gholdengo and a 75% chance to survive after taking Stealth Rock. This added bulk also allows Gholdengo to live one Fiery Dance from Speed Booster Energy Iron Moth. The rest was poured into Special Attack to make sure it was still hitting hard. Make It Rain is a strong STAB move that OHKOes Gliscor after Nasty Plot. Shadow Ball is also a good STAB move and can threaten Galarian Slowking, which the other special attackers stuggle with. Nasty Plot is well used predicting a switch as well as setting up on free turns. Lastly, Focus Blast hits the bulky Steel-types like Empoleon, Heatran, and Kingambit that all eat hits from +2 Gholdengo as well as take hits from my other attackers. It also hits greedy Roaring Moons that stay in on Gholdengo. Psyshock was ran in past versions of the team as a stallbreaker, but now Blissey runs Tera Dark. Air Ballon is to ignore Spikes to ensure that Gholdengo is coming in healthy as well as ignoring opposing Webs. It also makes spinblocking Great Tusk easier. Tera Dark provides an immunity to Stored Power from Polteageist which helps verus the Psychic spam matchup. Tera Fighting can also be ran to power up Focus Blast but you can also run Tera Blast on it too for a more consistent move.

:booster-energy::sv/iron-moth::booster-energy:
scarlet (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fairy / Ghost / Ground
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Dazzling Gleam / Sludge Wave
- Substitute
- Psychic / Tera Blast

The fifth member of our team, completing the core of our special attackers is Iron Moth. It acts as Speed control if Webs are down as well as a potent sweeper. It gives key resistances such as a 4x resistance to both Grass and Bug meaning it can come in on U-turn and Rillaboom's Grassy Glide pretty well. It also puts pressure on Cinderace as if they choose to remove Webs, it can turn it into setup fodder if we get a boost. Also, its good into opposing Webs teams and sun. A tip I would give is for the mirror matchup is to lead with Iron Moth and get a free Substitute to fish for boosts with Fiery Dance. Just watch out for Stun Spore. Also, the same concept is applied for Torkal, with a Subsittue up you ignore Yawn. Speed Booster Energy provides Speed control when Webs are down as well as being able to counter lead Ribombee. Fiery Dance is strong STAB and is good for fishing on free turns, if left uncheck it can just win games by itself. Dazzling Gleam is to hit Dragons such as Dragapult and Roaring Moon which moth cannot OHKO after a boost. Sludge Wave can also be ran for a stronger attack but not being able to KO Dragapult which is a common revenge killer. Substitute is for predicting switches and block status moves. Its really well used for scouting Tera as well as for Sucker Punch mindgames. Psychic is tech for hitting other Iron Moth and other bulky Poison-types like Toxapex and Clodsire. Tera Fairy is only run with Dazzling Gleam, as it powers up the move. Tera Ghost can be run with Sludge Wave, as it provides an immunity to Normal meaning that Dragonite can't revenge kill. Iron Moth is probably going to be the most useful threat in general every game, so make sure to use it well as you only get the Booster Energy once a game.

:wellspring-mask::sv/ogerpon-wellspring::wellspring-mask:
faya (Ogerpon-Wellspring) (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip / Trailblaze
- Encore

The final member of the team and the hardest spot to fill. I originally had Kommo-o, then Roaring Moon. The team was struggling with rain, Gliscor, bulky walls like Clodsire and Dondozo, as well as Kingambit. After some discussion with Exotic64, I finally decided to use Ogerpon-W. Its ability eases the rain matchup greatly as well as being able to wall things like Alomomola and prevent it Wish passing. It also completely invalidates walls as Encore locks them into any passive move forcing them to switch out. Swords Dance to boost up attack and is great for predicting switches. Ivy Cudgel and Power Whip just hit so hard especially with a Swords Dance up. This thing will OHKO pretty much anything at +2, not even joking. Encore is great tech for stopping setup as well as locking things into passive moves. It shuts down things like Clefable, Sucker Punch Kingambit, Empoleon (which my team struggles with a bit), any Pokemon using a recovery or Water move. Seriously, this mon is too much. It's great as a starting wallbreaker, as it can turn Hisuian Samurott into setup fodder. This is also a check to Manaphy as it won't be able to setup at all. One tip is to make sure that you mange its Tera well. Sometimes you need the power boost but sometimes you need the immunity. Just play smart on conserving Tera and don't Tera willy nilly.

EDIT Added section thanks SirSly720312 : Trailblaze can be a good alternative to Power Whip. While it does come with a huge decrease in power, it comes with the side effect of a Speed Boost. This can be used in many ways. With one boost, you outspeed everything unboosted, so things like Cinderace (runs Boots which ignore the speed drop) are no longer threatening to you. You also are able to keep it from Court Changing our Webs, as you threaten it with an OHKO. It also performs well in the Ogerpon-Wellspring mirror matchup as you don't need to gamble with speed ties. It also is an alternative to the mirror matchup lead (vs Ribombee) as it can Encore it into Webs, then Trailblaze and Swords Dance to setup. Its a good option if you aren't able to get Webs up, but do remember that you don't hit as hard, so you struggle with things that can live a hit like Toxapex and Dondozo thanks to your lower stab power.

ALTERNATE SETS:

:leftovers::sv/manaphy::leftovers:
Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Tera Type: Posion / Dragon
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Acid Armor
- Take Heart
- Stored Power
- Scald

The only alternate set I would recommend is Double Dance Manaphy. This set is very strong and serves as an efficient endgame defensive sweeper. It sets up on mons like Kingambit, Cinderace, Galarian Slowing, Rillaboom (with Tera), and more. This set is stolen from Pinkacross, credit to them (I did tweak it a little for this team). Anyways, 252 SpA and a Modest nature ensures that you hit hard even if not boosted, it gets a notable unboosted 2HKO on Iron Valiant. 52 Speed EVs hits 249 Speed which outspeeds Sneasler and everything slower under Webs, and 204 HP gives some bulk to Manaphy to better let it set up. Acid Armour boosts its Defense by +2 to 1v1 Kingambit and other physical attackers with this. Take Heart removes status and completes the Double Dance set. Stored Power is great for beating things like Clodsire and Blissey (with some luck). Scald gives a good STAB attack that it can use to fish for burns, making iteven more unkillable and able to contribute even if not setup. Tera Poison gives a Fairy resist, Toxic immunity meaning that we don't need to waste Take Heart PP, as well as Grass and Fighting resists. I personally prefer this option. Tera Dragon can be used to flip Manaphy's type weaknesses and helps agianst weather teams. Do note that Tera Dragon opens you up to Ribombee as it doesn't outspeed that under Webs, but it can run 76 Speed EVs instead to outspeed it. Leftovers help it when setting up. The reason why this isn't the main set, is because of its passivity. It hits like a sponge, I personally prefer the Tail Glow set, its more versatile as its more flexible.

TEAM USAGE TIPS:

This is a section is where I discuss how to play against different playstyles like stall and boots spam. These are general tips, so I might not cover everything. Feel free to post a question if more info is needed. Just click on the spoiler below, and learn how this team deals with it. Thank you hpdark, I was feeling extremely burnt out from writing this RMT. He wrote the HO and balance sections.

The most important part of the game play again HO is the lead matchup. As a Web team, the lead is very predictable: Ribombee, and other HO teams will try to counter this with their own lead.

Glimmora lead:

This is the HO lead that is the hardest to deal with since it is usually paired with Booster Energy Iron Valiant or Dragapult, both will outspeed and KO Ribombee. As mentioned above, you can Psychic turn 1, then Tera Steel to get Webs up, however you shouldn't and couldn't always do this for 2 main reasons:

1. Red card glimmora will ruin this line.

2. There is another threat on their team that you need Tera for.

While this is a Webs team, all our offensive Pokemon are relatively fast, so against HO teams that have 3 or 4 threats slower than Ribombee, it is OK to not set up Webs early. It is OK to use Psychic twice and come back in later to get Webs up, or just play without Webs entirely. Against Red Card Glimmora, things are a little bit more RNG, the next play depend on which Pokemon the Red Card pull out. Ideally, Manaphy or Iron Moth can OHKO with Surf / Psychic to guarantee that Glimmora does not get any extra value. Kingambit should Sucker Punch immediately (while they can screw with this by running Stealth Rock and Spikes, it is generally not a common set) to save HP for later. Gholdengo is safe but will have to give up Air Balloon to KO it. Ogerpon-W can encore into a Sword Dance, but this means that the next Pokemon to come in must be Iron Moth, Gholdengo, or Kingambit to be immune to / remove Toxic Spikes.

Ideal situation would obviously to come out of the lead matchup with a 1 Pokemon lead and Webs up, but trading Webs for Rocks is also OK, as our team isn't weak to Rocks except for Iron Moth.

Iron Moth Counter Lead:

With Heatran on the decline, many teams have been running Iron Moth, a threat previously hard walled by Heatran. Speed booster Substitute + 3 attacks is an extremely good set against Ribombee lead, as it can Substitute turn 1 to prevent Stun Spore. With Ribombee, NEVER click Stun Spore on turn 1, as this only give them extra chances to fish for a boost. It is better to click Webs on turn 1, then if they Substitute, hit it with Psychic to break the Substitute and then switch to your own Iron Moth. This gives them 2 chances to boost with Firey Dance, but now your Iron Moth get a safe switch in against either a full HP Moth if they did not sub, or a 75% if they did. This will also preserve your Ribombee to Stun Spore other fast threats/resetting Webs/sack/finish up kills later.

After your Iron Moth is in, Psychic is always the best move. If the Iron Moth is 75%, Psychic -> Firey Dance. If the Iron Moth is full, Psychic twice to guarantee the KO. However, remember that all of this is a Speed tie, and the outcome will change depending on if the other Iron Moth also runs Psychic or not and how many boost it gets. If they get 2 boosts (1 from Ribombee and one from switching in), odds are you will lose this 1v1 and will have to go to Kingambit to revenge kill. If they run Psychic and and got 1 boost and then win the Speed tie, same thing. If they didn't get any boosts and you win the Speed tie/they don't have Psychic, you win the 1v1 and come out with a potential +1 Iron Moth. There are so many variables in this 1v1 to be listed, most of which are pure RNG, but you should never Tera Iron Moth to win the 1v1.

Everything here also applies if you didn't get Webs up against Glimmora and they traded the KO for Stealth Rock, although the RNG rolls are a bit less in your favor as they can KO your Iron Moth from a higher range.

Alolan Ninetales lead:

Nothing special need to be done against Alolan Ninetails. Webs up, then Stun Spore for Kingambit later, and switch out to Iron Moth. Ideally you should be able to preserve the Focus Sash on Ribombee against this lead, which will be important to stop other threats on the team. Alternatively, Iron Moth can be used as a counter lead, as it can fish for at least 2 Special Attack boosts, but don't do this if they have a Ground move on their team, because they can just switch them in for a free KO / force Iron Moth to switch out.

Hisuian Samurott lead:

While this thing is less and less popular with Gliscor being the most dominate spiker in the tier, some teams still run it as a lead. Always get Webs up turn 1, as it cannot do anything to stop you except something extremely gimmicky like Choice Scarf Taunt. If they use a Water move, switch to Ogerpon-W and go for the Encore. If the opponent used Ceaseless Edge, always Moonblast to break Focus Sash and then do it again to either finish it off or force it to use priority, which Ogerpon-W can switch in and Encore for a free set up.

Outside of the lead, assuming Webs did go up, anything on the team can be a game-ending threat that spiral out of control with just one set up turn. It is important to remove the spinner before going for the sweep, as we do not want them to spin / Defog on us as we set up. If they managed to stop any threats on the team, go to Kingambit to finish off the weakened revenge killer and then pivot around / sack to get in your other threats. Gholdengo can be used to lure in Kingambit and use Focus Blast to remove it for other threats or lock it into Sucker Punch with Ogerpon-W. While Kingambit is important for the late game, do not be afraid to sacrifice it when you are against Zamazenta + Iron Valiant + Great Tusk, as the rest of the team handles them better. Tera should be used offensively to finish off important threats (i.e. Tera Grass Energy Ball to KO Ogerpon-W, Tera Dark Kingambit to ensure KOs with Sucker Punch / make sure Kingambit survives to Kowtow Cleave instead of Sucker Punch 50/50).
There are too many styles of balance to have clear counterplay against all of them, but most balance run a core that needs to be played around.

Rillaboom - Grassy teams (HO/Balance, depends on team):

A strong offense style. Choice Band Rillaboom threaten KOs on both Ogerpon-W and Manaphy. Save Tera for Manaphy to survive the Grassy Glide and OHKO with Ice Beam. Ogerpon-W should never Tera in this match up. Iron Moth can be used as pivot by switching in on a Grassy Glide and then doubling out to Manaphy and later a sweeper without Booster Speed, but will never be used to offensively early game as this team style usually run Heatran and/or a Ground type. Under Webs, Kingambit shouldn't need to Sucker Punch against Rillaboom, as Kowtow Cleave is safer and Grassy Glide does not do enough even with Tera Grass.

Grassy Seed Sneasler is very threatening as it outspeeds almost everything even at -1 Speed and hits very hard with Close Combat / Acrobatics / Dire Claw. Save Booster Speed on moth for this as it cleanly OHKO with Psychic. Gholdengo can also be used to stop it as it will survive Shadow Claw before Sword dance, and will completely walls it if Sneasler does not have Ghost/Dark coverage. Alternatively Kingambit can revenge kill after Sneasler tera or even before if Sneasler is chipped.

Fast U-turn + Hatterene:

Dragapult/Scarf Sneasler + Hatterene completely deny web. In fact we should NEVER click web against Hatterene team, as our team have no way to remove web itself. Against teams like this, try to remove the Hatterene with Iron Moth or Gholdengo (Ribombee 3HKO No Spd Moth, but will lose to 252 HP/252 SpDef, we can know which set it is from Moonblast damage) before setting up Web, or just play without web entirely.

Cinderace + Glowking Teams:

Although Cinderace should never be leading against Ribombee, if they did, Always Stun Spore it as this will instantly win you the game as Cinder can never switch in again to clear web against anything on your team. Otherwise you can web up at some point then force the Cinder to switch in and get a free set up turn with Manaphy/Ogerpon as it Court change. More details are noted under Threats/Notable Counterplay.

Glowking is very good against our team as it completely stop Ribombee from doing anything useful, walls Iron Moth before it get too many boost, and tank multiple hit from Manaphy and hit back surprisingly hard. The best counterplay agains this is position Iron Moth into the game and forces the opponent to go to Glowking, after which you can spam Firey dance for boost/chips and then sacrifice Moth for a safe switch to Ogerpon/Kingambit. Gholdengo can also be used as it can lure in Kingambit similar to when we are against HO. A popular teammate with this core is Red Card Alolamola (Pinkacross's team). Always try to remove the Red card from the fish first, then it can be set up fodder for Manaphy. Or, you can keep setting up with it and go for the OHKO, do keep in mind that they might try to bait an attack from you (Eg. You Ice Beam into a Thundurus-Therian and they switch into Mola.

Heatran:

Heatran on balance is very annoying to deal with as it can confirm the kill on Ribombee with Magma storm, Tera Grass to stop the sweep from Ogerpon-Wellspring, Will-o-wisps Kingambit, and completely walls Iron Moth.

As mentioned above, you would never want to switch Iron Moth in when Heatran is still alive unless you are planning to double to Manaphy/ Ogerpon-Wellspring. When you are against Heatran teams that isn't Grassy, you want to lead with Ogerpon-Wellspring instead of Ribom, because if they lead with Heatran (this is very common because they will want to counter lead Ribombee), it can open the game with you blowing holes in the opposing team with +2 Ivy Cudgel because the best Heatran can do is to chip you down with Magma Storm + Protect and will usually be forced to switch out. You can also bait Heatran in with Gholdengo and remove it with Focus Blast, the same also applies to Empoleon as both are a nuisance for Iron Moth.

Outside of these cores, your wincon is most likely Kingambit after you eliminate/weakened most other Kingambit checks with Manaphy and Ogerpon wellspring like Great tusk, Dondozo, Gliscor, Cinderace, and Iron Valiant. Stun sporing HDB mons and Flying types like Enamorus, Dragapult, and Cinderace is more important than setting up web against most balance teams as their teammates usually are not faster than Manaphy and Ogerpon-Wellspring. Tera should be saved to use defensively to get an extra set up turn in bad matchup.
This is probably the most simple matchup, as this team does pretty good into the current "Gliscor Stall" however, this team is long outdated and as a member of the Stall Discord, I have seen many new stall teams that work well. Examples of this are Cyclizar and Talonflame stall, they use their high speed tiers as well as boots to ignore the speed drop (Talon being flying type) and mess with our sweepers. Talonflame can Wisp Ogerpon, Blissey now runs Shadow Ball, Dondozo now runs Tera fighting, etc... A general tip I would give is to force a tera on a Special wall, like using Tera with Gholdengo (Dark) and trying to overload Blissey. If they tera, then you can eventually use Ogerpon and Kingambit to break through the team. There is also Ditto stall, for that you would just use Tera on Ogerpon to beat the team. The matchup is normally pretty good, but just play very smart and conserve your resources. If you manage to force tera one something that isn't a Phys wall, you win the game (unless ur me). A pretty consistent way in forcing Tera that I have found is switching in Gholdengo on Gliscor. They will either Knock or Switchout. You get a free Nasty Plot and just go from there. Swapping Focus Blast for Psyshock also makes this matchup much easier. I'll include some replays of me vs stall, note that there are losses to the new stall teams as it was my first time playing vs them. I'll also provide a stall team that is a work in progress, this is what I've seen them mainly use.
https://pokepast.es/e29cc605313f706f
To be clear, this section is about our matchup vs Webs teams in general, not Vs our own team. Anyways, now that is cleared lets move on.

To web or not to web. That is what you often think when facing the mirror matchup. It actually depends on your preference and the matchup. You mostly want to lead Iron Moth off the rip and get rid of Ribombee as soon as possible. Make sure to Substitute, as they might use Stun Spore. Then proceed to fish with Fiery Dance. Coming out of that lead, we will be in a very favorable position, as we will most likely come out with a +1 or 2 boosted Moth. Then, inflict as much damage as possible before going down. Then setup Webs yourself. A weakness to this route is that if you web up later, if Iron Moth switches in on the right turn they can boost their speed while you are always slower because Webs are already up as well as turning your own Ribombee into setup fodder. If it gets boosts, it can be very threatening. Make sure to save Tera on another mon like Ogerpon-Wellspring as it can Tera into a safe type as well as boost its SpD. An alternate route is leading with your own Ribombee. If they lead Ribombee as well, just both get Webs up and keep Moonblasting. You actually want to loose the speed tie, so you don't give the other mon some momentum. This is good to create a middle ground as Webs are up on both sides, canceling out each other. You really only need to know how to lead vs the webs mirror, as the rest is just play by play.

THREATS/NOTABLE COUNTERPLAY:

:sv/cinderace:
CINDERACE

This is the most annoying pokemon to face for the Webs matchup. Its able to Court Change the webs, turning it against us. Also, it runs Boots meaning that it ignores the speed drop from Webs. A tip I would give is to lead with Ribombee and just see what they do. They might lead Cinderace off the rip, or lead with something else. If they lead with Cinderace, prioritize getting it Paralyzed. If you manage this, you pretty much win now. If they don't lead with Cinderace, their goal will be to get a Court Change when the time is right. If you know you are forced to Webs, then go for it. When you think they are going to Court Change, go into Iron Moth and start fishing for boosts. This is a good way to put pressure on Cinderace as you force them to switch out and stop Iron Moth or stay in and Court Change, letting Moth setup for free. You could also consider slotting Tera Blast Ground on Iron Moth for a way to hit Cinderace, but it doesn't even OHKO the bulky sets. Another way to pressure Cinderace is to use Double Dance Manaphy. This is a great set, its just that right now Roaring Moon completely walls it meaning that this set isn't as viable. When Roaring Moon is to get banned (I hope), I would recommend switching to this set. It has a far better matchup with Cinderace.

:sv/roaring-moon:
ROARING MOON - UPDATE, BANNED.

A bit of a smaller threat, but it can be VERY threatening in the right times. With Webs up, its far less of a threat, as Iron Moth can outspeed and kill it with a Dazzling Gleam, but if they Tera, they can live a hit and get a Dragon Dance up. This can lead to two pathways. You either keep attacking with Moth, as they used Tera, let Moth die then go to Kingambit and kill with Sucker Punch, or you can let it get a Dragon Dance up, then go into Ribombee if it only got one off (meaning its at +0) and Stun Spore/Moonblast depending on the health. Or, you can just OHKO with Manaphy after one Tail Glow. Now, with webs up this can be a huge threat. This situation might happen with Cinderace + Roaring Moon. With Webs up, it outspeeds the entire team meaning that we can easily lose if Tera is wasted already. You want to preserve Tera + Kingambit to make sure that Kingambit lives a hit. Never switchin Kingambit into Roaring Moon, always sac a mon then go into Kingambit. Tera and pray you live a hit. Now, if the Moon is already Tera'd then you can just go for Sucker Punch. Just make sure to preserve Kingambit if you see this mon.

:sv/dragapult:
DRAGAPULT

To be clear, we are talking about Clear Body Dragapult and Boots Dragapult. This thing is very fast and is able to ignore the speed drop from Webs and kill our mons back. Right now, Clear Body isn't very popular as an ability, but as Web teams become more common, I'm sure that this tech will become more common. Tips for counterplay is to save Booster on Iron-Moth and kill it with Dazzling Gleam. Note that you need to tera or have a +1 boost to OHKO Dragapult. Switching into Kingambit is also an option, but Sub Wisp sets are also a possibility so watch out. As long as you keep Moth or Gambit around, you should be good.

:sv/zamazenta:
ZAMAZENTA

This mon only poses a threat if its the Heavy-Duty-Boots set. It ignores the speed drop from Webs, and thanks to hits high speed tier, its able to outspeed and kill/greatly damage all our sweepers. The only ones that are safe from it are Booster Moth, and Gholdengo. The two can live one hit from Zamazenta, and can tank another with Tera if needed. Try to preserve Iron Moth's Booster Energy so you can go for as many Psychics as possible, as well as saving Ribombee's sash so you can get a Stun Spore off or Moonblast.

:sv/kingambit:
KINGAMBIT

Per Usual, no team is safe from this monster. We have alot of counterplay available, but if played wrong can come back. Thanks to Sticky Webs, our Kingambit is always faster and can kill with a Low Kick. This is what will happen most matches, but watch out for a Tera. If the opponent suspects Low Kick, then they can Tera into a flying or fairy type and just shrug it off. But, also thanks to Webs we always win the Sucker Punch war. We will always go first, meaning that if we see a Tera, we can just kill it with Sucker Punch. Other forms of counterplay include Encore on Ogerpon-Wellspring, its able to lock Kingambit into passive moves rendering it useless. Also we have a Substitute on Iron Moth. A good example of playing around Sucker Punch is to just attack. If they don't click Sucker, we are just chipping it down for Kingambit/Other to get in and finish it off later. If they do, you can just go into Ogerpon and start setting up on it. Just make sure every game that you have a 100% clear way to get rid of or the game will come down to a 50/50.

:sv/iron-treads:
IRON TREADS

This isn't really a threat, but AlphaQ mentioned I should add it to counterplay so thanks to them <3. Anyways, the two most common forms of Iron-Treads are: Booster-Energy lead, and Boots. Both threaten removing our Webs, so we must play smart and don't burn to many resources. For Booster Energy lead, you should always go for Para on it. If you do get it, then switch to Ogerpon or Manaphy and use it as setup fodder. Another option is just to go Iron Moth/Ogerpon off the rip, as the most they can do is get Rocks/Chip off. If Webs are already up, then Booster isn't a threat. Just spinblock like usual. If its boots, made sure it doesn't get a spin off. Just go into Gholdengo, take a hit then switch back into Ogerpon or Iron Moth. Try to prevent it from getting Webs up, but if they are no longer needed that you have more options like using Manaphy and setting up on it. Do be aware that some might have Volt-Switch, so that can mess with your predictions.

REPLAY BANK:

I have saved alot of replays when laddering/attempting reqs with this team, they are below. This is more of a big dump so you can see the losses + wins, gives an idea on what and what not to do. I'll try to add a description for each replay, just so you know what you are clicking on. Thanks alot to hpdark for helping test the team alot, I really ironed out the team from there. Do note that some of the replays are from him, also this is just some of the replays as I have played countless battles on alts. I tried to put these in order of my ladder climb, but with private replays and more its kinda difficult. I'll keep the replays in the 1700-1889 range, as lower replays show unviable teams + its boring. Note that these replays have the team in diffrent stages, meaning that we where running different sets. Ofc there are more replays, but it would be unnecessary to provide these.

Replay of peak:
No. 50: :zarude::garchomp::gholdengo::zapdos::manaphy::sneasler:

Vs Pinkacross , I'll never forgive this hax >:( https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966212889-tz8clcxradevthkzs5qzjkffxbieq5tpw
Shows how dangerous Sub Moth can be https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1965576488
Vs random stall team, was using Psyshock Gholdengo https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966218809
Vs another random stall team https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966400841
Vs a GOOD stall team, piloted by knexhawk , Lost as this was my first game, but could have played around Zaza better. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1967563749
Vs Stall, piloted by quacc , Again lost to if bc the suprise factor and got reversed sweeped by Ditto. Should have used tera on Ogerpon. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968364081
Vs a sample team, Toedscruel lead. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968330986
Vs HO, shows how webs ruin booster. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968335562
Shows how threatening Boots Zama is, perserved Tera for it tho. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968383027
Hellish Matchup for us, shows how to play around Hatterene. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966371009
Same team as last time, just another win. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966942274
Vs Aviel, a bit of a weird team as it wasn't HO. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1972926881-xae4mgbhwixoqdokotwl993f9q0925ppw
Vs a really bulky team, luckily Focus Blast comes in clutch. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1972922959-0t710h9dadhdsegvkxomcxyk8ey8qjbpw
Vs Rain, Use Ogerpon. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968375447-42yrhdm4762i9mb5ure3g8v0v7z5hh7pw
Vs Sun HO, as well as Critmenot Clefable. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966937454-dp6cfp2d9u078a181izuzvhp1v5lwsypw
Vs cat , you are so stupid and don't switch wtf. This was a version of the team before it had Tera steel bee. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966397967-u8f6z3r0af6jyvhhu6a2s47eugc64jgpw
Vs Grassy HO, But with Teal Oger. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966399444-0vnnhz9h1vq0ie54ihysuzrvv713ysxpw
Vs Smudge, Sun HO. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966235984-6z2k8boe7ywlcjl0m5019wec6x1azq7pw
Vs Sun HO, with Skeledirge. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1966415744-7ea06ql8jsxlsyeb050fuh878ul8tjgpw
Vs Exotic64 HO, should have tera'd bee. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1968381381-o98q231q8quptaf3k516t2gy0sdgpz3pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9predlcou-1950895102-lgesggaxez13u1cq6jqzc40iquqtyhhpw

The rest of the replays are from my friend HPDARK, this is going to be more of a dump without discriptions as they where piloting the team (Most of these replays where in the early vers of the team)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964764843
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964758841-y1bqigruqj554qkeob8kl6uhl0r1c51pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964764843
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964756755-t7i31qzxiumz4n6tk5txtmmkfsm9qrvpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964753738
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1964752227

Shoutouts!
Thanks so much to: hpdark , clerica , 1LDK . They all helped test it out, as well as ladder/get reqs with it. Without them, this team wouldn't be nearly as good.

HUGE thanks to UT . Extremely helpful, they GP checked my RMT out of the Kindness of their heart.

Thank You shawk*+:) . They made the team banner, their work is fantastic. Full credits of the banner to them.

Thanks to awyp , I just got badged today!

You didn't do anything cat , but I just want to say I want the rematch. I'm better than you in SV OU as well as AAA as well as every other format.

Everyone from Smogcord! Really chill people, and fun to hang out with. I'll mention some of the rlly cool people, but ya'll cool :)

Conclusion + Team:

Thanks so much looking at this team (you did right?). I hope you do well on ladder as well and I hope some high ladder player picks up my team and can beat my peak (with this team). I certainly see Webs as a playstyle staying in the metagame, its very strong vs all other styles, and just got way better thanks to the ban of Roaring Moon. This is the first taste of "high ladder" for the teams i've built, I hope I only grow from here. You can use this team for the most recent Suspect Test, Gliscor. Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:
Love it, one thing I would say is that stall teams are running shadow ball Blissey a lot more now, so I wouldn't recommend tera ghost on moth. Otherwise looks great, I might have to steal this team to get reqs lol

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey matte,

Thank you for posting, this was exceptional to read and I love the effort and detail you put in shoutout to you and shawk*+:) for the artwork.

Small suggestion even though I don't think it's a mandatory change but considering Clear Body (Choice Specs) Dragapult > Iron Moth could be a consideration especially for those mirror matchups in general, provides a solid speed tier without worrying about Sticky Webs being on the field.

Great team and thanks for posting.

Love it, one thing I would say is that stall teams are running shadow ball Blissey a lot more now, so I wouldn't recommend tera ghost on moth. Otherwise looks great, I might have to steal this team to get reqs lol
Yeah, I did notice that while laddering. Tera Ghost is pretty much only used for Espeed/Fake-Out immunity. I was thinking of Tera Normal Iron Moth, but thats too heat for me.

I don't think you need substitute on Iron Moth because when are you actually clicking that other than when you are trying to counterlead other Ribombees? Against Kingambit it's better to just die to sucker then Encore on Waterpon and win.

yo thanks for this team i used it for half of my gliscor reqs climb and got reqs, one thing you might wanna add in the usage tips section is dealing with iron treads booster lead as i saw it multiple times while laddering

I don't think you need substitute on Iron Moth because when are you actually clicking that other than when you are trying to counterlead other Ribombees? Against Kingambit it's better to just die to sucker then Encore on Waterpon and win.
This could be a potential idea, 4Attack Moth is a really cool idea as it stuggles with 4mss. Maybe Sludge Wave could come back on the set, it helps with Unterad Ogers and a stronger stab move for more coverage. We could also try Tera Blast Ground Moth, but thats too much of a commitment. Also, I have been testing out Trailblaze + Ogerpon, do you think it could work? It helps with the Ribombee mirror matchup (Encore webs --> Trailblaze + SD) and vs Cinderace revenging. The only problem is the power of our Grass stab.

yo thanks for this team i used it for half of my gliscor reqs climb and got reqs, one thing you might wanna add in the usage tips section is dealing with iron treads booster lead as i saw it multiple times while laddering
Added, thanks for telling me
Very nice team ! I’m 19-0 with this team for reqs :)!
Oh good luck! Hope you make it.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
gonna give you two tiny suggestions for manaphy that might aid some matchups but dont need much explanation. ive been swapping around some stuff on the webs team I use and use this from time to time. Tera Fairy Manaphy is something ive used a decent bit, its nice for draco, sucker and fighting move. I think it might be worth testing out since it can provide one extra out in some match ups you've listed. Another misc thing you can try is grass knot > eball. I dont use this all the time but its cool if you're trying to cteam people who might bring the stresh milo team or a dondozo. It gets higher rolls on some particular defensive mons like milo and dozo which is why i bring it up. Eball is still fine and is better vs offensive teams but its worth a try in a tour game if your scouting suggests they might bring fat

gz on shiny rater somehow

gonna give you two tiny suggestions for manaphy that might aid some matchups but dont need much explanation. ive been swapping around some stuff on the webs team I use and use this from time to time. Tera Fairy Manaphy is something ive used a decent bit, its nice for draco, sucker and fighting move. I think it might be worth testing out since it can provide one extra out in some match ups you've listed. Another misc thing you can try is grass knot > eball. I dont use this all the time but its cool if you're trying to cteam people who might bring the stresh milo team or a dondozo. It gets higher rolls on some particular defensive mons like milo and dozo which is why i bring it up. Eball is still fine and is better vs offensive teams but its worth a try in a tour game if your scouting suggests they might bring fat

gz on shiny rater somehow
I think thats a good idea, I just haven't been able to try the Grass Knot one out. Idk where to go for OU tourneys, can ya tell me? Also, Tera Posion is here for a Grass resist to setup on Rillaboom. If Rillaboom wasn't as common I would 100% switch to Tera Fairy, but its so common which means I need to prioritize that matchup more than the Dragapult one.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
I think thats a good idea, I just haven't been able to try the Grass Knot one out. Idk where to go for OU tourneys, can ya tell me? Also, Tera Posion is here for a Grass resist to setup on Rillaboom. If Rillaboom wasn't as common I would 100% switch to Tera Fairy, but its so common which means I need to prioritize that matchup more than the Dragapult one.
more of just a mention than a needed change RIGHT NOW since ive been optimizing some webs structures myself lately

Whats your opinion on Ogerpon-Teal. I know you said you used it but I really like the speed boost for the webs mirror, as they generally dont run full speed, and defiant helps vs intimidate and webs. Just wondering about your thought process behind Wellspring over Teal.

Whats your opinion on Ogerpon-Teal. I know you said you used it but I really like the speed boost for the webs mirror, as they generally dont run full speed, and defiant helps vs intimidate and webs. Just wondering about your thought process behind Wellspring over Teal.
For me, the choice was really easy. It beats Gliscor and Stall much better, its ability makes the rain matchup easier, and is able to beat Manaphy. It also preforms well in to Zapdos. Ogerpon-Teal isn't able to do any of this as well as its counterpart. I often didn't even think of using Tera most of the time, because the Water-Adsorb ability just provided so much value. The speed boost is too committal, as you need to tera to even get it. If you want to have a better mirror matchup and higher speed, just slot Trailblaze over Power Whip. It also is good for Cinderace counterplay. Its able to also counter lead vs Ribombee. I'll update the RMT with this option, I just used this mod for my Suspect Test reqs.

Edit, just added the Trailblaze section, find it under the Ogerpon-Wellspring section.

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
This team is amazing! I love it it is very cool I love HO I love HO I love HO
(matte do i get my 5 bucks now)

Seriously though this is a pretty aight team, HO go brrrrr

Just updating the RMT with some replays, here are some below (more recent). They show good appliance of the tech on this team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1985981418-vmd1ah4tdvaikci1vmhwhv7wtsj3mqjpw (Tera Steel Ribombee comes in handy)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1985030365-14fi3r1ctb2wb39zzq1f0lwkn0adceqpw (Last Game of Reqs)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1986668322-aft4osucpqsgpf0c9dzncy2y5t15j42pw (Gholdengo 6-0s, some Hax involved but shows how oppressive it can be.)

What's the lore behind the nicknames?
Oops, forgot to reply to this. I lost my draft! :psywoke:

:manaphy:HPDARKEAGLE: I named it after hpdark. They helped out alot with making the team, so I just HAD to ;). Anyways, we where testing the team out on ladder and one match we faced an Unaware Cosmic Power Clefable. Manaphy got 2x Ice Beam Freezes on the Clefable, and then Clefable missed Charge Beam (90%) like three times, then we crit the Clefable with Kingambit and won. LOL really funny game, i'll try to find it. It used to be named after 1LDK, but like hpdark > 1LDK everyday.

:kingambit:awyp: I named this after my mentor: awyp. They taught me alot about rating teams, as well as building them. Kingambit is leader, so is awyp. Also, awyp is similar to the gun AWP which hits hella hard so that too.

:Ribombee:wildfiree: Wildfiree loves Ribombee alot. Thats all :). It used to be named after Bella but shes a meanie and told me to change it.

:gholdengo:wessin: This one was made by me, I was listening to some 21 Savage and heard about the gun brand Smith and Wesson. Wesson sounds like wessin which sounds better to me, so yeah. Also Gholdengo is made outta metal, and a gun is like chrome so yeah :)

:iron-moth:Scarlet: I needed a fire name for a fire mon, so I named it after Scarfire. Huh they have a diff nickname on Smogon soo uh yeah. But on the server they go as Scarlet. Anyways, always spell his name with a captial S or they'll get mad.

:ogerpon-wellspring:faya: This ones named after you! I named it after you because the :wellspring-mask: Wellspring-Mask had teardrops, which is you missing/getting crit. This Ogerpon has to be one of the most unlucky (never hits Power Whip).

Sorry for ping btw :P

Also, I will be updating this RMT soon, just with counterplay, potential alternatives etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)