Monotype Keep My Head Afloat (2k post)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Banner by Ticken

Introduction
Hi, many of you know me as the person that has played Monotype since the middle of ORAS and as also the tryhard that pretty much contributes to every aspect of Monotype here on the forums. I'm excited to share this team as it reflects one of my more favored playstyles, Hyper Offense. This team is no different, while Sticky Webs might not have been as good as pre-home due to the excess of Defoggers Home brought into the metagame this team can punish most of them, making it not that big of a deal. Overall I would say this team has a decent chance to take on a majority of the metagame with proper plays. I named the team, 'Keep My Head Afloat', a song by Jeremy Zucker because one he is an amazing artist, but more importantly it had the theme of water. I also used the song lyrics to come up with the team's nicknames. Another reason I decided to share this team aside from being a fun team to use in the Monotype metagame is that this is my 2000th post on Smogon and it felt like a fun idea. Also, sorry there is no ladder peak, I generally hate laddering although I did make Melmetal Suspect requirements with this team. The team also has found quite a bit of success against good players and in SS Monotype tournaments by me and various other users. Anyway without further ado, let's dive into the team!

The Team at a Glance & Teambuilding Process
:barbaracle::araquanid::keldeo::pelipper::seismitoad::cloyster:
{Click here or the sprites for an importable}

The main idea behind this team was to use Barbaracle, as it seemed like a cool setup Sweeper in the current Monotype metagame. The next step was to add something to support its rather lackluster Speed, which is Sticky Webs. Araquanid is the only setter Water teams have access to, so naturally, I chose it. Araquanid aside from being a hazard setter has a few neat tools in its bag such as Magic Coat. Keldeo is just a general glue for Water teams, it supports the hazard setting core by providing Taunt support as well as a check to Kyurem-B and Ferrothorn, large threats to Water teams. Pelipper is there to give us Rain, boosting up everyone's power levels with their Water STAB as well as just being a general nuke. U-turn also allows Pelipper to generate momentum for the team. Seismitoad takes advantage of Pelipper's rain by being a Swift Swim abuser, as well as the team's Stealth Rock setter, making it a valuable addition to the team. Last but not least is the teams check to Dragon-type Pokemon, while also forming a Shell Smash core with Barbaracle and provides priority with Ice Shard. Also, I build with the philosophy that Power is greater than accuracy, so you may see tons of moves that may have lower accuracy but hit hard on my team. That is the general splash into the main roles of each member of the team!
In-Depth Descriptions
keep my head afloat

Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Adamant Nature
Moves: Shell Smash / Liquidation / Stone Edge / Superpower

Barbaracle is an underrated threat and an absolute beast. It makes up one half of the team's Shell Smash core with Cloyster being the other. Shell Smash allows it to become one of the fastest grounded Pokemon in the metagame if Sticky Webs are up while boosting its power to make it hit extremely hard. Liquidation is strong STAB boosted by Tough Claws and a very strong STAB move, especially in the rain. Stone Edge allows me to hit Fire-, Flying-, Ice-, and Bug-types for supereffective damage allowing it to hit threats such as Togekiss and Galarian Darmanitan. Superpower is a very necessary move on Barbaracle as it allows it to OHKO an insane threat in the metagame after a Shell Smash boosts being Melmetal, which can be an annoying Pokemon even though this is a Water team, as well as allowing me to accurately hit threats such as Kyurem-B. Focus Sash is given to allow it to set up easier, while there is no great reliable hazard remover on this team between Magic Coat Araquanid and Defog Pelipper it is good enough to support it. Its EVs are just there to maximize its sweeping potential. Adamant nature is given allowing it to maximize its damage potential, which is especially important for Pokemon like Melmetal. Jolly can be used after Melmetal is gone from the tier as it allows Barbaracle to outspeed +1 Kyurem-B after a Shell Smash, however I'm positive the loss in power will be very noticeable.
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Liquidation vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 220-259 (55 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 256-303 (98 - 116%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Superpower vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 430-506 (99.5 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 322-380 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Barbaracle Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 382-450 (108.5 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 168 HP / 0 Def Golisopod: 462-546 (138.7 - 163.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Barbaracle Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dracovish: 309-364 (96.2 - 113.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

roll with the motion

Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe | Adamant Nature
Moves: Sticky Web / Liquidation / Leech Life / Magic Coat

Araquanid is usually the lead, as setting Sticky Webs and keeping them up through the match is the best way this team functions. With Magic Coat it also becomes a nice anti-lead, since it can back bounce Taunts and hazards from Pokemon such as Cobalion, Ferrothorn, Froslass, and Ribombee. Liquidation is a powerful STAB that hits extremely hard in Rain and is boosted by its ability to Water Bubble, it also allows Araquanid to check the massive threat to the team that is Gardevoir. Leech Life is pretty mandatory after Pokemon Home has dropped because Celebi exists, which can be annoying to deal with for this team. Luckily that most people are running non-offensive Celebi sets right now so it doesn't pose as large of a threat to the team. Due to Araquanid's natural special bulk, it can also act as a check to Pokemon that naturally threatens rain teams such as Choice Scarf Gardevoir. Its EVs allow it to hit as hard as possible, outspeed base 60 Pokemon with no Speed investment such as Clefable while also outspeeding Tyranitar, then the rest is dumped into its HP to make it a bit bulkier, and the 4 EVs in defense are placed there so it takes less damage from Stealth Rock. Alternatively, you could make it max Attack and max Speed, however, I like giving it a little bit of bulk for more longevity.
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hatterene: 212-252 (66.6 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 376-448 (93 - 110.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Water Bubble Araquanid Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 204-242 (50.4 - 59.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Araquanid Leech Life vs. 252 HP / 128 Def Celebi: 336-400 (83.1 - 99%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Araquanid Leech Life vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 210-248 (64.6 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
i won't drown

Ability: Justified

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Calm Mind / Scald / Focus Blast or Secret Sword / Taunt

Keldeo is here for a few reasons, one being it is and always be an amazing addition to Water teams the second being is its access to Taunt. Keldeo is so good on this team, it does like 100 different things. Because this team likes its hazards up so much having Keldeo Taunt defoggers is crucial to the team's success. Taunt also prevents hazards from getting onto my field. Calm Mind also appreciates Taunt as it allows it to muscle past walls that could cripple it with Toxic or Haze away its boosts such as Toxapex, which Keldeo checks for this team very nicely. Scald is a great move that has the added potential to burn threats. Focus Blast is there because Secret Sword hits Pokemon like Ferrothorn like a wet noodle since it runs max physical defense at the moment. Focus Blast also allows me to target and OHKO other threats such as Ferrothorn, Dracovish, Kyurem-B, Hydreigon, and Melmetal which all can take an unboosted Secret Sword with ease.
252 SpA Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 344-408 (97.7 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 244 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 554-654 (117.3 - 138.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 426-504 (108.9 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

vs.

252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 168-198 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 204-242 (43.2 - 51.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 278-330 (71 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

all float away

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Timid Nature | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Hurricane / Hydro Pump / U-turn / Defog

Pelipper is a fantastic special attacker, nuke, and rain setter for the team. Thanks to its ability to set Rain it can fire off perfect accuracy Hurricane's which hit extremely hard with Specs, as well as boost its Hydro Pumps with its whether. This makes Pelipper extremely hard to switch into. Pelipper's Hurricane is one of the best ways as well to break Grass-type Pokemon for the team such as Virizion, Ferrothorn, and Ludicolo. It can also beat a variety of Fighting- and Bug-type Pokemon after Sticky Webs reduces their Speed such as Kommo-o, Keldeo, Galvantula, and Frosmoth. U-turn allows it to generate momentum for its team and perhaps bring in another teammate such as Seismitoad, Keldeo, or Barbarcle to take advantage of the rain. Defog allows it there just for emergencies, as most of the time you would prefer to keep your hazards up, but there are times where removing Toxic Spikes or preserving Barbarcle's Focus Sash is more important such as against Dragon. Its EVs and nature allow it to maximize its offensive sweeping potential.
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 192-226 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ludicolo: 312-368 (85.7 - 101%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Obstagoon: 258-304 (78.8 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hurricane vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 192-226 (61.7 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cobalion in Rain: 427-504 (110.6 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Corviknight in Rain: 261-307 (65.2 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pelipper Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Wash in Rain: 153-180 (63.4 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
waves of the ocean

Ability: Swift Swim

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Modest Nature | IVs: 0 Atk
Moves: Stealth Rock / Hydro Pump / Earth Power / Focus Blast

Seismitoad does two important things for this team, it provides an Electric-type immunity as well as an immediate form of speed control in the rain, which the other teammates do not. It also forms the other half of the hazard stacking core with Araquanid, with its setting Stealth Rock. Hydro Pump is just a very easy STAB move to click especially in the rain since it can do tons of damage. Earth Power allows it to hit Pokemon such as Dracozolt, Duraldon, Aegislash, and Jirachi for decent damage. Focus Blast again is to nail nuisances to the team like Kyurem-B. Seismitoad is the primary Rain abuser thanks to Swift Swim allowing it to outspeed almost every unboosted grounded Pokemon in the metagame in Rain with Sticky Web up. Its EVs and nature allow it to maximize its offensive sweeping potential, not much more to them.
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dracozolt: 421-499 (131.1 - 155.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Duraludon: 541-640 (192.5 - 227.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 315-374 (77.9 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 237-281 (90.8 - 107.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Frost: 265-312 (109.9 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-Black: 307-361 (78.5 - 92.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Seismitoad Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Avalugg: 515-608 (130.7 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

fell to the water

Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Jolly Nature
Moves: Shell Smash / Icicle Spear / Ice Shard / Rock Blast

This Pokemon is amazing and with decent rng can beat some Pokemon it should never be able to beat like Keldeo, thanks to King's Rock flinching boosted by its ability Skill Link. Shell Smash is an obvious choice that makes Cloyster a dangerous setup sweeper and able to outspeed all Pokemon under Sticky Webs. Icicle Spear is its best move as it has the most damage output with the added potential of flinching down its otherwise checks. Rock Blast is the other move that takes advantage of King's Rock, which allows it to hit Pokemon that resist Ice-type attacks such as Ice- and Water-type Pokemon like Avalugg, Alolan Ninetales, Primarina, and Rotom-W. Ice Shard is finally to give it some form of priority, allowing it to beat out Pokemon such as Hawlucha after it has activated Unburden or Choice Scarf Noivern. Its EVs again was chosen to maximize its offensive sweeping potential, the Jolly nature is there just to outspeed more Pokemon allowing it to flinch more targets.
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 180-215 (55.7 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Corviknight: 320-380 (80 - 95%) -- approx. 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 200-240 (56.8 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hawlucha: 266-314 (89.5 - 105.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 508-604 (163.3 - 194.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 450-530 (115 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Wash: 210-250 (87.1 - 103.7%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Primarina: 280-335 (90 - 107.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Cloyster Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Heat: 420-500 (174.2 - 207.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1080156997 vs. Metariolu's Poison
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070026236 vs. Decem's Webs Water

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1071396824 vs. Kev's Steel
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1080344554 vs Luckypiper's Anti-Water Jirachi Steel
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1072416137 vs Namranan
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070032601 vs. Crazyclown94's Dark
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070183904 vs. Harpp's Ice
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070800621 vs. Jolly Togekiss Melmetal Steel

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1079594581 vs. Guwahavell's Electric
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070827889 vs. Guwahavell's Dark
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1079608294 vs. Rotom-W Electric
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1079624876 vs. Haven's Psychic

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070375416 vs. Ice
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070378219 vs. Ghost
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1070815167 vs. Steel
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype vs. Grass
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1084617488 vs. Electric
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen8monotype-1084628638 vs. Ice
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8monotype-1084622588 vs. Psychic

:ninetales: + :torkoal: + :tyranitar: + :ninetales-alola: + :hippowdon:
It should be fairly obvious to anyone who plays competitive Pokemon why opposing weather setters can be annoying for weather-based teams. Luckily, Rain Water has an advantage over most of them bar Ice. It can easily win any of these matchups, especially because this team has Speed control outside of rain, with two Shell Smash users, Keldeo which has a fantastic speed tier in SS Monotype, and Sticky Webs which slows down every team in a super offense-oriented metagame.

:ninetales-alola: + :kyurem-black:
These two are quite annoying for the team in particular over any other Weather combination as not only does Alolan Ninetales stop the Rain but it can set up Aurora Veil allowing Dragon Dance Kyurem-B to easily get out of hand. However, there are a few ways around this for the team, namely being preserving Barbarcles Focus Sash and revenge killing Kyurem-B with Superpower, beating down Ice teams with Shell Smash Cloyster, or stopping Kyurem-B from getting out of hand with Taunt + Focus Blast Keldeo.

:ribombee: + :gardevoir:
Ribombee merely is a part of this core because it has the ability to get up Sticky Web verse the team with little I can do expect Magic Coat Araquanid. Gardevoir, on the other hand, is pretty crafted to take on Water and Ground weather teams, with its most common set being Trace + Choice Scarf. Gardevoir can devastate the team by outspeeding every member if it gains Swift Swim in the rain + its good speed outside of that. Moonblast + Energy Ball has the potential to 2HKO every Pokemon on the team, which is what certainly makes it a threat to this archetype. Araquanid is probably the best bet in taking down this core.

:pincurchin: +:zeraora: + :raichu-alola:
Electric, its very easy to see why this could be a difficult matchup. With Pincurchin's ability to set Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Electric Terrain alongside Terrain Extender being free this generation it provides perfect support for the two terrifying attackers. Zeraora just smacks everything aside Seismitoad with Choice Band boosted Plasma Fists and can nail the predicted Seismitoad switching for hefty damage with Close Combat allowing Zeraora a kill each time it switches in. Alolan Raichu is more terrifying this generation then ever, thanks to support in extra Electric Terrain turns it can devastate the team with its STAB moves and really becomes near unstoppable if its carrying Thunderbolt + Grass Knot (which allows it to hit Seismitoad). The best chance to win this matchup is to setup Sticky Web early and prevent hazards from getting on your side of the field then setting up Barbaracle, paving a path for Seismitoad to clean. This matchup becomes very difficult if they have Defog Rotom formes on their team, however that sucks this generation so we catch a break.

:whimsicott: + :venusaur:+ :ferrothorn:

Unfortunately, sun oriented Grass teams are not a meme this generation and present a very real threat to this team. Whimsicott can setup priority sun allowing the Chlorophyll abuser Venusaur to easily setup Growth then plow through the team with its STAB moves. Grass teams, in general, are a big problem, but these two can easily set out of control especially when Venusaur has hazard spam support from its teammate Ferrothorn. The best way to win this matchup is to prevent Venusaur from abusing the sun by setting Rain with Pelipper, setting up Sticky Webs early in the game, and just keeping up offensive pressure.

:duraludon: + :kyurem-black: + :dragapult:
This core is pretty deadly for the team, with Duraludon and Dragapult running Choice Scarf most commonly they can easily revenge kill several teammates, especially Dragapult which runs Clear Body on Choice Scarf sets allowing it to revenge kill +2 Cloyster from full health. Duraludon can spam Thunderbolt + Draco Meteor and when it feels it forces a switch, such as against Pelipper it can set up Stealth Rock. Kyurem-B is a fucking threat, I've explained why before in the threat list. The best way to beat this core is to setup Sticky Web, slightly chip Dragapult, then try and pull off a sweep with Cloyster.

:bisharp: + :grimmsnarl:
Bisharp is very very annoying to face despite being Water, since the team is reliant on Sticky Webs. However, in the matchups where it is present, it is definitely worth considering whether Sticky Webs is worth setting as really my only answers are Focus Sash Barbaracle and Keldeo. This is a threat on both types, same with the Grimmsnarl set, they just seemed fine to pair together. The threatening Grimmsnarl set I'm referring to is Bulk Up + RestTalk + Spirit Break as it has the potential to just set up and get going, by the time it has been defeated your team has gone through the works and you have to play from behind well. Luckily Keldeo is a godsend in the Dark matchup.

:gardevoir: + :celebi: + :indeedee:
Gardevoir again is a massive threat that can easily break through the team with Trace and Moonblast + Energy Ball. Additionally, it can provide Healing Wish support for teammates such as Hatterene or Celebi. Celebi, while fortunately does not run offensive sets commonly in Monotype can still be a pain to muscle through given its a Water resist, with reliable recovery, and super effective STAB. Indeedee is just an annoying Choice Specs wallbreaker to deal with that boosts the team's overall power by being able to set Psychic terrain. The way to beat this core is Sticky Webs, allowing Keldeo to outspeed and beat Gardevoir and Indeedee after a few Calm Mind boosts, and to setup Cloyster or Barbaracle, there is little Psychic teams can do at that point.

:gyarados: + :barraskewda:
Ok, offensive Water-types generally are not a problem but these two can be very annoying. Gyarados can be very annoying to handle if it gets the ball rolling with Dragon Dance + Power Whip and has Moxie, hope Barbaracle's Focus Sash is intact and you hit Stone Edge or this matchup is pretty over. Barraskewda is annoying within its own right because it is one of the few Pokemon that can outspeed both Shell Smash users and KO them with Close Combat. If Barraskewda decides to run Jolly it can outspeed both Shell Smash users setup to +2 with Sticky Web up, which is insane and frustrating, luckily they run Adamant because its already super fast and appreciates the extra power. Just, don't let Gyarados set up or Barraskewda revenge kills your sweepers and you should be good.

:ditto: + :heliolisk:
Ditto is annoying because it is the definition of anti-offense, being able to copy you and outspeed which can easily lead to your own defeat. Heliolisk has the nasty habit of running Expert Belt with Thunderbolt + Grass Knot, allowing it to break past all members of the team. The best way to beat Normal teams is through a combination of Sticky Webs and Keldeo.

:excadrill: + :morpeko: + :avalugg:
Rapid Spin users can be very annoying to face as again this team appreciates Sticky Web support and unlike Defog, this team has no way to stop it. Sadly Hyper Offensive Water teams do not have access to a good Ghost-type, but you can still apply offensive pressure and try to set up on their Rapid Spin so it isn't for free.
Edit: tags didn't work but I still think you are all great!

Shoutouts to all the clickers, here is a team we can use for Monotype!

Individual Shoutouts
Ridley for being the absolute greatest that there ever was, I LOVE YOU!!! thanks for helping me collect a few replays and appreciating how cool this team is. STAY AMAZING!! <3
Electrolyte for being awesome and telling me about this amazing artist
Excal faded love Seo. for also being cool people who also think this artist is amazing
TPP Ticken TJ some of my favorite people on this site. Enjoy all the talks we have and really glad I know all of you.
Decem for being chill and helping me decide on a few pieces of this team. Also, stop using that Blastoise webs it is bad.
Conflux Splash keep up the good work with Rating in Monotype, glad you guys are motivated to contribute to the section! Also how the fuck does you post rates that fast, its crazy!

RMT Lads
Twilight vivalospride Gross Sweep ShuckleDeath
For being cool and rating teams, keep up the work good lads! Also omg vivalospride do you see the araquanid, it indeed is a powerful mon!!

Phoenix
Eien Vodoom iLlama Waszap zugubu royale
Damn, I've known yall for a long ass time. glad we're all still friends and hope it stays that way.

Crew
TPP Stoward Indigo Plateau yogi A Cake Wearing A Hat Accelgor Amane Misa Algeria Bebo blarghlfarghl Chloe CKW curiosity Diophantine Donphantastic dream Estarossa Estronic explodingdaisies GW Hilomilo Jho Jordy Juuno Jytcampbell lyd martha neomon nui Qplaz Rage Rekeri avarice Ske So Noisy Sundar Ashley Yuichi zizalith
By far some of the coolest and hardest working people on this site. I'm glad yall gave me the opportunity to join this group and it has been a blast talking to each and every one of you. also, next draft league, we have I am for sure winning!

Imperium
Attribute Ssalbap Wyn Catalystic Ridley Kev dahli Prosaic H.M.N.I.P Azelea Chakra Conflux Maskun Alpha Rabbit TheAveng92R Bondie Brisked Chaitanya CrazyClown94 DemonBldz dhaarma DugZa Endal Ferno Floss Geotal Harpp Havens I am bu Izaya Jyph K3ppr LuckyPiper Mateeus MetaRiolu7 North Omega-Xis Perish Song pichus Sae SectoniaServant Tapo Collino taranteeeno terrors Trichotomy TJ truedrew Wanka Yami Zar Cell average fella diegoblu ErPeris Fardin FU SHUN HA Fylkir Pudin GotCookies Guwahavel Jase Duken Jolly Togekiss ^-^ Nailec NaamNaams Pixel Pusher Racool Seo. Skysolo Xiri TectonicDestroyer
You all have been an entertaining bunch whether you were dealing with my bullshit or I was dealing with yours you all are a cool group of users I am glad I know. I hope we all continue being friends and hopefully, someday we can play mafia without turning insane. I can't wait for that day to happen!

Studio Lads
Brandon StarBlim Clouds Legendary Xernn HamSandwich335
I know I don't really talk in The Studio room that much but you all are always interesting to talk to and have good music tastes (aside starblim ;o).

Other Lads
Chras cromagnet42 ima DoW GL Volkner King Leo V London13 Oberyn SirSkit Tyke Wincon Zesty43 diegoblu DarkPhoenix911 Diagnostic Tico Meu Roxiee Caspell RahelGamer03
All of you are tremendously cool users, I hope that I can get to chat more with all of you. You all don't really fit into one unique group of users so I'm leaving your shoutouts here!

I know there are probably some of you that I forgot but I know that does not change my opinion of you.

Got Melmetal reqs with this team pretty effectively as someone trying to invest in different tiers so this gets my stamp of approval. Only thing is that I don't really consider opposing weather setters a threat to this team outside of Ice teams which are indeed super annoying - Ground and Fire perform miserably against this team with how easily the former's Water checks get worn down, and Dark's only competent Water resist in Hydreigon gets blasted by Keldeo and Seismitoad if you can connect. Really fun team though, got me to enjoy a new tier :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)