Monotype Klefki (Fairy) [QC 2/2] [GP 1/1]

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Fairy

[SET]
name: Dual Screens
move 1: Light Screen
move 2: Reflect
move 3: Spikes / Thunder Wave
move 4: Foul Play
item: Light Clay
ability: Prankster
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maximum HP and Defense EVs and Foul Play, Klefki efficiently counters opposing Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats like Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams and blocks Glimmora's Mortal Spin, ensuring that entry hazards remain on the opposing field.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams. Additionally, Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of the chip damage from Klefki's Spikes to power through teams and more easily defeat walls such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoonguss. Calm Mind Flutter Mane benefits both dual screens to set up and sweep and from Thunder Wave slowing down threats like Barraskewda. Iron Valiant appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat them. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like Kingambit and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokemon such as Ting-Lu and Forretress to set entry hazards, while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokemon like Greninja in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards while countering them.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Swiffix, 547532]]
- Quality checked by: [[Aqua Jet, 531302], [maroon, 305839]]
- Grammar checked by: [[UT, 523866]]

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Please ping me when implemented
[SET]
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

[SET COMMENTS]
Kelfki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill by providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maxed out HP and Defense EVs, Foul Play allows Klefki to efficiently counter opposing setupSwords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats such as Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams while the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure clutch OHKOs on foes like x. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of Klefki’s (rephrase, it’s taking advantage of Spikes chipping the opponent. Klefki getting chipped doesn’t really help Flutter) chip damage to power through teams, while the Calm Mind variant benefits from its increased bulk to set up and and sweep. (Mention that it also appreciates Thunder Wave slowing fast things like Floatzel and the like) Iron Valiant appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like? with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat the likes of Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like? and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane, beating types like what. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokémon such as Ting Lu and Forretress to set hazards while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokémon like Greninja in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards andwhile countering with its super-effective Psychic-type STABthem.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Implemented, ty! Just a couple of notes:

Iron Valiant appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like? with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat the likes of Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult.
I added the foes in question right after, do you want me to add more than that?

Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like? and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane, beating types like what.
I didn't mention types because it's more how one handles physically bulky mons while the other takes care of specially bulky ones. The types don't seem too relevant since they're either types that Fairy already beats, like Dark or Fighting, or Steel which I've already mentioned earlier in that sentence. Let me know if I'm missing something though!

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I didn't mention types because it's more how one handles physically bulky mons while the other takes care of specially bulky ones. The types don't seem too relevant since they're either types that Fairy already beats, like Dark or Fighting, or Steel which I've already mentioned earlier in that sentence.
I would mention this then, also they both sorta gang up on Poison teams which is what I was trying to indicate.
In a rush right now so I’ll stamp it once I get more time

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen

[set comments]
Kelfki Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes.
- give an example of what thunder wave can cripple for flutter/valiant
- would mention that klefkis steel typing allows it to block glimmoras mortal spin in the first paragraph, its important for hazard spam set
- name a few pokemon flutter mane can take care of more easily bz of klefkis spikes
- floatzel is irrelevant in monotype, make the example barraskewda

QC 2/2

Swiffix

pipowo
move 1: Reflect
move 2: Light Screen

[set comments]
Kelfki Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes.
- give an example of what thunder wave can cripple for flutter/valiant
- would mention that klefkis steel typing allows it to block glimmoras mortal spin in the first paragraph, its important for hazard spam set
- name a few pokemon flutter mane can take care of more easily bz of klefkis spikes
- floatzel is irrelevant in monotype, make the example barraskewda

QC 2/2
Implemented, ty!

Moving this to GP then (hi Sulo :3)

Hey there, I'm gonna amcheck this.

Add Remove Comment (AC=add comma, RC=remove comma, and any other punctuation changes)

Fairy

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill(AC) by providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maxed out max HP and Defense EVs, Foul Play allows Klefki to efficiently counter opposing Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats such as like (small change of words here since the phrase "such as" is being used very often so far) Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams and blocks Glimmora's Mortal Spin, ensuring that hazards remain on the opposing field.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams(add period) while the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Additionally, the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of the chip damage from Klefki's Spikes to power through teams and more easily defeat walls such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoongus. Amoonguss. Calm Mind Flutter Mane benefits both from its increased bulk to set up and and sweep(AC) and from Thunder Wave slowing down threats such as like Barraskewda. Iron Valiant also appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat them. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like Kingambit(AC) and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokemon such as Ting Lu and Forretress to set hazards(AC) while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokemon like Greninja (you've gotten your point across, so providing examples with very little impact isn't needed) in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards while countering them. who could normally take advantage of type matchups. (there was/is no correlation between Hatterene under dual screens and the ability for it to counter because of Magic Bounce. You already mentioned Magic Bounce above, so I decided that removing and rewording it is the best way to prevent repetition and going off-topic. Also, the "countering" you mention isn't exactly strong in terms of type matchups, as Hatterene is still weak to Poison)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[YashGreninja, 383911]]

Swiffix

pipowo
Hey there, I'm gonna amcheck this.

Add Remove Comment (AC=add comma, RC=remove comma, and any other punctuation changes)

Fairy

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill(AC) by providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maxed out max HP and Defense EVs, Foul Play allows Klefki to efficiently counter opposing Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats such as like (small change of words here since the phrase "such as" is being used very often so far) Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams and blocks Glimmora's Mortal Spin, ensuring that hazards remain on the opposing field.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams(add period) while the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Additionally, the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of the chip damage from Klefki's Spikes to power through teams and more easily defeat walls such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoongus. Amoonguss. Calm Mind Flutter Mane benefits both from its increased bulk to set up and and sweep(AC) and from Thunder Wave slowing down threats such as like Barraskewda. Iron Valiant also appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat them. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like Kingambit(AC) and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokemon such as Ting Lu and Forretress to set hazards(AC) while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokemon like Greninja (you've gotten your point across, so providing examples with very little impact isn't needed) in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards while countering them. who could normally take advantage of type matchups. (there was/is no correlation between Hatterene under dual screens and the ability for it to counter because of Magic Bounce. You already mentioned Magic Bounce above, so I decided that removing and rewording it is the best way to prevent repetition and going off-topic. Also, the "countering" you mention isn't exactly strong in terms of type matchups, as Hatterene is still weak to Poison)

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[YashGreninja, 383911]]
Thanks! I've implemented most of this, barring the final two comments (in green) since I consider the information I had to be relevant to the meta and analysis.

Thanks! I've implemented most of this, barring the final two comments (in green) since I consider the information I had to be relevant to the meta and analysis.
No problem. Also one more thing I just learned; since I am an amchecker, I am actually not allowed to put my name in the credits for GPing your analysis, unless an official GPer approves/checks over my work. Until then, please take my name out of the credits section if possible. Thank you!

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill, comma by providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maximum HP and Defense EVs, and Foul Play allows Klefki to efficiently counter Play, Klefki efficiently counters opposing Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats like Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams and blocks Glimmora's Mortal Spin, ensuring that entry hazards remain on the opposing field.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams. Additionally, the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of the chip damage from Klefki's Spikes to power through teams and more easily defeat walls such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoonguss. Calm Mind Flutter Mane benefits both from its increased bulk daul screens to set up and sweep, comma and from Thunder Wave slowing down threats like Barraskewda. Iron Valiant appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat them. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like Kingambit, comma and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokemon such as Ting-Lu hyphen and Forretress to set entry hazards, while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokemon like Greninja in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards while countering them.

[CREDITS]

GP 1/1!

GP Team done

Swiffix

pipowo
add remove conjecture
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Klefki is a popular choice for Fairy-type teams due to its access to Prankster, dual screens, and Spikes. This set excels at enabling setup sweepers such as Mimikyu and Azumarill, comma by providing them with boosted bulk and chipping the opposing team thanks to Spikes. With maximum HP and Defense EVs, and Foul Play allows Klefki to efficiently counter Play, Klefki efficiently counters opposing Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sweepers such as Scizor and Dragonite. Alternatively, it can use Thunder Wave to cripple fast threats like Flutter Mane and Iron Valiant. Klefki’s Steel typing also provides a useful immunity against Poison-type teams and blocks Glimmora's Mortal Spin, ensuring that entry hazards remain on the opposing field.

Belly Drum Azumarill is an excellent partner for Klefki, as the dual screens greatly facilitate setting up with Belly Drum and sweeping opposing teams. Additionally, the Spikes provide some chip damage to ensure OHKOs on foes like Meowscarada. Choice Specs Flutter Mane can also take advantage of the chip damage from Klefki's Spikes to power through teams and more easily defeat walls such as Toxapex, Quagsire, and Amoonguss. Calm Mind Flutter Mane benefits both from its increased bulk daul screens to set up and sweep, comma and from Thunder Wave slowing down threats like Barraskewda. Iron Valiant appreciates Klefki slowing down faster foes like Flutter Mane, Cinderace, and Dragapult with Thunder Wave, allowing it to defeat them. Iron Valiant also provides a much-needed offensive pressure against Steel-types like Kingambit, comma and works as a devastating offensive core when paired with Flutter Mane. Hatterene and Klefki form a strong defensive core, with the former’s Magic Bounce punishing any attempt from Pokemon such as Ting-Lu hyphen and Forretress to set entry hazards, while the latter can come in on Poison-type moves, potentially forcing a switch on a Choice locked Pokemon like Greninja in the process. The additional bulk that Hatterene receives from the dual screens even allows it to take a stand against foes such as Glimmora, Clodsire, and Toxapex, preventing them from setting their hazards while countering them.

[CREDITS]

GP 1/1!

GP Team done
Implemented, ty!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)