SM OU Koko Screens Hyper Offense + Stored Power Mega-Latias

Introduction

This is a Dual Screens Tapu Koko Hyper Offensive team. It's based around taking advantage of Screens with strong set up sweepers that are supported by a hard hitting breaker and speed control teammates. I peaked at 1750, though I did beat one opponent who was 1930 and a few other higher ladder players, I feel I could maybe take it further with some optimizations. (I didn’t take a screenshot because its not that impressive and I was hoping to get a little higher.)

Teambuilding

+

Tapu Koko is the best Screens setter in the game right now and can form a good VoltTurn core thanks to Volt Switch dealing pretty respectable damage.

+
+

I went with my current two favorite setup sweepers, both very hard to stop when boosted and both really appreciate the screens as they have somewhat decent defenses and require more than one boost to really get going.

+

I added Landorus for a strong U-Turn user, with Knock Off, who doesn’t rely on setup to deal damage, as well as providing a decent physical check with Latias as a special check and an electric immunity that pairs well with Gyarados.

+

Victini also hits very hard without setup which is nice. It also has U-Turn to form a strong core and good coverage with Bolt Strike, Trick is also very useful to punish set up sweepers and passive walls.

+

Mimikyu with Red Card phazes out mons who set up on Koko as well as Hawlucha. It also packs a nice secondary speed control method with priority and another decent set of immunities.

Set Descriptions

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Roles: Dual Screens Setter, Defogger, VoltTurn

Moves: Tapu Koko is the teams dedicated setter of Light Screen and Reflect. So obviously these two moves are present. I went with Defog over Taunt as I had no where else to fit it without being Choice locked on Landorus which is horrible for momentum and this removes opposing Screens/Aurora Veil and hazards while being less prediction reliant than Taunt. Volt Switch provides momentum, I chose Volt Switch over U-Turn as it can deal significant damage to Toxapex, Tapu Fini and Tornadus-T, while still hitting Greninja and Weavile.
Item/Ability: Light Clay extends Screens to last 8 turns. Electric Terrain prevents Sleep which is nice against Spore Amoongus and Hypnosis on Ninetales which would otherwise force the sacrifice of momentum.
Nature/EVs: EVs and Nature ensure decent bulk behind Screens with full HP, Speed underspeeds opposing Koko for switch initiative, while still outspeeding pre-transformation Greninja, and Weavile to avoid Knock Off the remainder is placed in SpDef.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Roles: Wallbreaker, VoltTurn, Knock Off, Physical Check

Moves: Its main role is as a breaker however, forming a nice VoltTurn core with Tapu Koko and Victini, Knock Off helps hit or wear down walls like Chansey, Celesteela and Zapdos. Then we have standard EdgeQuake coverage.
Item/Ability: I'm using Choice Band rather than relying on Swords Dance, which frees up a moveslot, prevents this team losing to Unaware walls, provides immediate power and prevents loss of boosts through U-Turn. Intimidate allows Landorus to function as a decent physical check behind Reflect.
Nature/EVs: I find that the damage boost from Adamant is much preferred when multiplied up by Choice Band, and that there aren’t too many significant Speed benchmarks missed, plus with Intimidate and Reflect you are generally in a position to take a hit or two. Standard Max/Max EVs.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Trick

Roles: Speed Control (Scarf), Cleaner, VoltTurn, Wallbreaker, Choice Trickster

Moves: V-Create has incredible power and is the easiest move to mindlessly click, you still outspeed everything up to Base 100’s after a drop (which you are slower than by 1 point). Bolt Strike hits very hard, particularly in Koko’s Electric Terrain and has a good chance to Paralyse which can be very useful, without drops it is slightly more spammable than V-Create if speed is needed over power. U-Turn allows to finish the VoltTurn core with Tapu Koko and Landorus. Trick can be used to cripple passive walls or set-up sweepers, its generally very useful, in Stall matchups try to absolutely Trick the Scarf to the Unaware wall.
Item/Ability: Choice Scarf outspeeds everything up to Adamant Mega Swampert in Rain and outspeeds every unboosted threat, as well as some common Scarfers like Tapu Lele and Landorus. Victory Star increases the accuracy of V-Create and Bolt Strike, but keep in mind the accuracy still isn’t perfect.
Nature/EVs: Pretty simple Max/Max for the highest possible Speed stat and the rest dumped into Attack.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Roles: Set-Up Sweeper, Z-Move, Cleaner, Wallbreaker

Moves: Standard dual STAB with Earthquake to hit Steel-types and Toxapex. Dragon Dance is necessary to hit a good Speed benchmark, two is usually the way to go as you do miss out on Scarf Lele, +1 Zygarde and Mega Alakazam after just one boost, as well as some important KO’s such as OHKO’ing Ferrothorn with a +2 Z-Bounce.
Item/Ability: Flyinium Z gives Gyarados a one-time nuke that can be great to start snowballing and this avoids the set-up turn usually required to hit with a Bounce. Moxie increases Attack after a KO which is great in tandem with the Z-Move to quickly become unwallable, and at +2 Speed often impossible to revenge kill.
Nature/EVs: Again, standard Max/Max, and nature for max speed, which is definitely necessary given Gyarados’ fairly low base Speed.

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt

Roles: Set-Up Sweeper, Mega-Evolution, Cleaner, Special Check

Moves: Calm Mind is necessary for Latias to deal any significant damage, it also boosts SpDef which makes it a very solid Special check behind Light Screen. Recover allows for longevity and to set up multiple Calm Minds. Stored Power hits 100 base power Psychic STAB move which hits very hard at +2 and the power multiplies up much higher past this, although its starts off at a measly 20 BP. Thunderbolt its for a decent move with more immediate power which can hit notable Pokemon like Celesteela and Dark types.
Item/Ability: The mega stone grants a very necessary boost to Special Attack and Defense, which makes it much easier for Latias to setup and net KO’s. Levitate adds another immunity to its already decent defensive typing.
Nature/EVs: Full Speed EV’s and Timid make best use of Latias’ fancy speed tier, which beats unboosted threats up to and including Kartana, Blacephalon and Keldeo. Full HP is used over SpAtk to ease setting up as you will still hit incredibly hard after boosts, but if you can’t set up Latias is very weak even when invested due to Stored Power’s low BP.

Mimikyu @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Roles: Set-Up Phazer, Set-Up Sweeper, Speed Control (priority), Wallbreaker

Moves: Swords Dance is necessary for Mimikyu to hit a workable Attack stat, as it is very underpowered otherwise. Dual STAB and STAB Priority gives Mimikyu very spammable moves thanks to its great offensive typing.
Item/Ability: Red Card helps Mimikyu act as a emergency stop to set-up sweepers who take advantage of the screens setup turns. Disguise means you will not be KO’d by these boosted attackers and provides a guaranteed safe turn to Swords Dance.
Nature/EVs: Standard Max/Max with Jolly to beat everything up to unboosted Kyurem-B, Tapu Lele and Zygarde, all of which it has Super Effective STAB against.

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740341141
vs. Bulky Offense, Gyarados + Victini Tapu Koko VoltTurn breaks, Mega Latias cleans.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740235100
vs. Stall, Band Landorus breaks, Victini cleans.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-739301065
vs. Bulky Offense, lose Tapu Koko and Gyarados to Scarf Greninja Gunk Shot Turn 2, Mimikyu breaks, U-Turn between Victini and Landorus, Victini cleans.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740241253
vs. Bulky Offense, Gyarados cleans early-game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740242544
vs. Bulky Offense (LeleKoko), 6-0’d, Mega Latias clean.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740288994
vs. Semi-Stall, Victini and Gyarados break midgame, Mimikyu cleans. I get a lucky paralysis but he gets a lucky paralysis, full paralysis and I miss Bolt Strike.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-740293496
vs. Sticky Webs Offense, Mimikyu phazes +2 Lopunny and breaks, Gyarados cleans.

Importable

PokePaste

Weaknesses

Protean Greninja can net surprise KO's with coverage and by outspeeding my whole team with Scarf.
Really fat hazard stacking teams can be an issue due to forcing switches and by defogger being pretty unreliable, especially as Victini is vulnerable to all hazards and even Landorus is neutral to Rocks.
Stall is always a difficult matchup, until you can remove the Unaware wall.
Set up sweepers, particularly those with Substitute are trouble if I have already busted by Red Card they can run out of control as this team highly relies on momentum to function.

Last edited:
Hey dude, great team, I love Gyarados getting some love! However, I can see a glaring weakness to stall, and also, you lack Stealth Rock, which are almost a must in the current meta. Also, Buginium Z Volcarona, especially SubSwarm set, can take the game over this team if Mimikyu's Red card is gone, as It can OHKO Gyarados with Swarm boosted Savage Spinout, and Sub protect it from Victini. I have one change, but I feel it could be really useful to improve your matchup against stall and Volcarona.

Choice Band --> Stealth Rock + Earth Plate
I understand the purpose of Choice Band Landorus-T in this team, but I feel Choice-locked against stall can lead you to lose momentum and they can set up hazard, status or heal, and you doesn't lose that much since you still have a VolTurn core with KokoTini, and also, Gyarados takes the Z-move. With this set, You can pressure Stall really well, as you can set up Stealth Rock against Sableye, as it won't come against Landorus-T fearing an offensive set, and you can OHKO it with +2 Earth Plate boosted Earthquake. Also, this set pressure really well Unaware Clefable, since you can 2HKO with EQ after rocks, meaning all your setup sweepers going wild. Last, rocks pressure a bunch of mons weak to it, and put pressure against Volcarona teams since they'll lose their momentum with Defog, meaning you can get a free turn and setup with one of your mons.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gravity / Smack Down / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

That's all, good luck!

Hey dude, great team, I love Gyarados getting some love! However, I can see a glaring weakness to stall, and also, you lack Stealth Rock, which are almost a must in the current meta. Also, Buginium Z Volcarona, especially SubSwarm set, can take the game over this team if Mimikyu's Red card is gone, as It can OHKO Gyarados with Swarm boosted Savage Spinout, and Sub protect it from Victini. I have one change, but I feel it could be really useful to improve your matchup against stall and Volcarona.

Choice Band --> Stealth Rock + Earth Plate
I understand the purpose of Choice Band Landorus-T in this team, but I feel Choice-locked against stall can lead you to lose momentum and they can set up hazard, status or heal, and you doesn't lose that much since you still have a VolTurn core with KokoTini, and also, Gyarados takes the Z-move. With this set, You can pressure Stall really well, as you can set up Stealth Rock against Sableye, as it won't come against Landorus-T fearing an offensive set, and you can OHKO it with +2 Earth Plate boosted Earthquake. Also, this set pressure really well Unaware Clefable, since you can 2HKO with EQ after rocks, meaning all your setup sweepers going wild. Last, rocks pressure a bunch of mons weak to it, and put pressure against Volcarona teams since they'll lose their momentum with Defog, meaning you can get a free turn and setup with one of your mons.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gravity / Smack Down / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

That's all, good luck!
Thanks for the rate my dude! Definitely something I will try out, looks promising.

Hey Altervisi! The team you have there looks interesting and a team I will have my fun rating with. The team does have flaws, some minor ones and some major ones. I will be going over those as well as pointing out individual weaknesses and of course try covering them.

Overview:
Hyper Offense teams are always interesting teams to rate as the teams have to cover multiple things while keeping a certain coheseiveness at the same time. That is why I believe it is the most difficult playstyle to build around. Now you did build a seemingly cohesive team, BUT, as PrideMustang already pointed out, you are weak to stall AND you have no Stealth Rocks, although Spikes are necessary on Hyper Offense too. You make a team that lacks the most rudimental aspect of the entire game, and that ends up costing you a lot in terms of productiveness of the team. Mainly hazards have to be covered in this rate which is going to take a few changes. Another thing I have noticed is the fact that you do not have Taunt on on your screen setter, but instead have Defog. That is especially a problem since most of the removers are going to get rid of your screens making the whole premise of the team fall flat like a slice of toast, but that problem is rather minor compared to the first problem.
What is your team weak to?
/
:
I think you are equally weak to both of the forms. Of course you do not lose to every Greninja set in existance, but you lose to a lot of them, most of them actually being commonly used in the meta. Let us take Choice Scarf Greninja for example: I has the coverage to blow right past your team with Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Gunk Shot, and U-Turn. Even if Gunk Shot is missing and is being replaced for Spikes, you are still heavily annoyed by it, since it can U-Turn on all of your Pokémon once it is in safely. Ash-Greninja's coverage of Water + Dark is also enough to blow right past your team.
: I do not think you straight up lose to it, but I do very much think that you do have a weakness to Tyranitar. What makes you weak to it is the fact that you are running two
-types restricting the use of both of them. Victini is pretty much forced to U-Turn all the time, otherwise it will get trapped by Tyranitar whereas Mega-Latias cannot come in period, since it does not have any coverage move (Earthquake, Hidden Power [Fighting]) whatsoever.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
: As the only major change I wanted to add a Ferrothorn, since I believe Spikes are essential for breaking stall. It does support the rest of the Pokémon in more offensive match-ups as well by having Thunder Wave and Leech Seed and works as a semi measure against rain with Power Whip. It might not make your Ferrothorn as sutainable as you would wish, and you lose your speed control (momentarily) but it should make a notable difference in your way of beating stall.
> : This change is supposed to cover up your weakness to stall, since I do think that Gyarados is one of the most reliable stall- and balance-breakers of the meta with only stuff like Rocky Helmet Tangrowth posing as a check/counter to it, which can be overwhelmed by hazards, so that is something to keep in mind as well.
>
:
The reason why I am going with this change has two reasons: For one, it makes up for the Victini as your speed control. For two, it has Healing Wish which is a cruical way to support the team, especially the aforementioned Mega-Gyarados which is your main stall-breaker. Defog is a nice addition in case your opponent stacks hazards on you, just by the way. * Defog does NOT remove your own screens!
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
That change was going to be my first one, if we were going by chronological order since it is the lead after all. I decided to make this a suicide lead beacause most Hyper Offenses have one. The mere fact that it can overwhelm most of the Pokémon with the combination of Swords Dance and Explosion is great for a Pokémon that wants to set Stealth Rocks. So what I am going for is the set of Swords Dance|Earthquake|Explosion|Stealth Rock.
>
(
) :
Mimikyu is acting as a nuke to the threats like Volcarona or Charizard-Y, for instance. Although it might not seem thatb strong, it is able to handle Pokémon like Volcarona and Charizard-Y well enough to the point where the Z-Move + Shadow Sneak kill both the Pokémon. While it mainly acts as a nuke, it also able to handle opposing Bulky Offenses pretty well as it can Swords Dance on everything when it first comes in. From there is able to fire off powerful Shadow Claws and Play Roughs which can be followed with a Never-Ending Nightmare to kill most of the Pokémon used on Bulky Offense.
Reflect|Light Screen|Taunt|U-Turn (
) : The set includes the changes of U-Turn > Volt Switch and Taunt > Defog. Both changes contribute to the reliability of it setting the screens without them getting removed in an instant. U-Turn gives you a pivot move that has no immunities, that means that you can U-Turn on literally anything on the field. Taunt's purpose is to shut down any kind on of removers or setters that might set hazards or try to remove the screens.
Conclusion:
To wrap it up I wanted to say a few things about the team with my changes being made. The changes might seem like a lot, but in reality I just swapped the megas and tweaked some sets to perform better versus other Pokémon. The only real change I made, in my eyes, is the Ferrothorn one for Spikes support. Anyway, the team should perform decent now as it has most aspects fulfilled and most playstyles covered while having kept a certain cohesiveness to the team. The team is not without its flaws as it does seem pretty weak to the likes of Zapdos for instance as the combination of Discharge and Heat Wave hits every Pokémon, the Electric Terrain does not necessarily better the match-up. If there are any questions or criticism you have, I am open to those and I will respond to those for sure. Also, my bad if I sounded too harsh in some parts, just know that I mean it in a kind way. With all of that being said, have fun with the team and good luck in your future endeavors!

References and Calculations:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 277-327 (89 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO, 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 238-282 (80.1 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Hey Altervisi! The team you have there looks interesting and a team I will have my fun rating with. The team does have flaws, some minor ones and some major ones. I will be going over those as well as pointing out individual weaknesses and of course try covering them.

Overview:
Hyper Offense teams are always interesting teams to rate as the teams have to cover multiple things while keeping a certain coheseiveness at the same time. That is why I believe it is the most difficult playstyle to build around. Now you did build a seemingly cohesive team, BUT, as PrideMustang already pointed out, you are weak to stall AND you have no Stealth Rocks, although Spikes are necessary on Hyper Offense too. You make a team that lacks the most rudimental aspect of the entire game, and that ends up costing you a lot in terms of productiveness of the team. Mainly hazards have to be covered in this rate which is going to take a few changes. Another thing I have noticed is the fact that you do not have Taunt on on your screen setter, but instead have Defog. That is especially a problem since most of the removers are going to get rid of your screens making the whole premise of the team fall flat like a slice of toast, but that problem is rather minor compared to the first problem.
What is your team weak to?
/
:
I think you are equally weak to both of the forms. Of course you do not lose to every Greninja set in existance, but you lose to a lot of them, most of them actually being commonly used in the meta. Let us take Choice Scarf Greninja for example: I has the coverage to blow right past your team with Ice Beam, Rock Slide, Gunk Shot, and U-Turn. Even if Gunk Shot is missing and is being replaced for Spikes, you are still heavily annoyed by it, since it can U-Turn on all of your Pokémon once it is in safely. Ash-Greninja's coverage of Water + Dark is also enough to blow right past your team.
: I do not think you straight up lose to it, but I do very much think that you do have a weakness to Tyranitar. What makes you weak to it is the fact that you are running two
-types restricting the use of both of them. Victini is pretty much forced to U-Turn all the time, otherwise it will get trapped by Tyranitar whereas Mega-Latias cannot come in period, since it does not have any coverage move (Earthquake, Hidden Power [Fighting]) whatsoever.
How can you improve the team?
Major Changes:
>
: As the only major change I wanted to add a Ferrothorn, since I believe Spikes are essential for breaking stall. It does support the rest of the Pokémon in more offensive match-ups as well by having Thunder Wave and Leech Seed and works as a semi measure against rain with Power Whip. It might not make your Ferrothorn as sutainable as you would wish, and you lose your speed control (momentarily) but it should make a notable difference in your way of beating stall.
> : This change is supposed to cover up your weakness to stall, since I do think that Gyarados is one of the most reliable stall- and balance-breakers of the meta with only stuff like Rocky Helmet Tangrowth posing as a check/counter to it, which can be overwhelmed by hazards, so that is something to keep in mind as well.
>
:
The reason why I am going with this change has two reasons: For one, it makes up for the Victini as your speed control. For two, it has Healing Wish which is a cruical way to support the team, especially the aforementioned Mega-Gyarados which is your main stall-breaker. Defog is a nice addition in case your opponent stacks hazards on you, just by the way. * Defog does NOT remove your own screens!
Minor Changes:
>
(
) :
That change was going to be my first one, if we were going by chronological order since it is the lead after all. I decided to make this a suicide lead beacause most Hyper Offenses have one. The mere fact that it can overwhelm most of the Pokémon with the combination of Swords Dance and Explosion is great for a Pokémon that wants to set Stealth Rocks. So what I am going for is the set of Swords Dance|Earthquake|Explosion|Stealth Rock.
>
(
) :
Mimikyu is acting as a nuke to the threats like Volcarona or Charizard-Y, for instance. Although it might not seem thatb strong, it is able to handle Pokémon like Volcarona and Charizard-Y well enough to the point where the Z-Move + Shadow Sneak kill both the Pokémon. While it mainly acts as a nuke, it also able to handle opposing Bulky Offenses pretty well as it can Swords Dance on everything when it first comes in. From there is able to fire off powerful Shadow Claws and Play Roughs which can be followed with a Never-Ending Nightmare to kill most of the Pokémon used on Bulky Offense.
Reflect|Light Screen|Taunt|U-Turn (
) : The set includes the changes of U-Turn > Volt Switch and Taunt > Defog. Both changes contribute to the reliability of it setting the screens without them getting removed in an instant. U-Turn gives you a pivot move that has no immunities, that means that you can U-Turn on literally anything on the field. Taunt's purpose is to shut down any kind on of removers or setters that might set hazards or try to remove the screens.
Conclusion:
To wrap it up I wanted to say a few things about the team with my changes being made. The changes might seem like a lot, but in reality I just swapped the megas and tweaked some sets to perform better versus other Pokémon. The only real change I made, in my eyes, is the Ferrothorn one for Spikes support. Anyway, the team should perform decent now as it has most aspects fulfilled and most playstyles covered while keeping a certain cohesiveness to the team. The team is not without its flaws as it does seem pretty weak to the likes of Zapdos for instance as the combination of Discharge and Heat Wave hits every Pokémon, the Electric Terrain does not necessarily better the match-up. If there are any questions or criticism you have, I am open to those and I will respond to those for sure. Also, my bad if I sounded too harsh in some parts, just know that I mean it in a kind way. With all of that being said, have fun with the team and good luck in your future endeavors!

References and Calculations:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 277-327 (89 - 105.1%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO, 252+ Atk Mimikyu Never-Ending Nightmare (140 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 238-282 (80.1 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hey dude, thanks very much for the rate! Great ideas and well presented.

I can understand why you would say Spikes is necessary, but Ferrothorn seems like a significant momentum drain to the team. So I was wondering what you would think about Protean Greninja with the Z Move or LOrb or Scarf in that slot? With U-Turn and Spikes. It keeps the 3 man U-Turn core, could beat TTar with Z Hydro?

That's my only gripe, everything else I totally agree with. Thanks a lot for the rate dude. Keep up the good work.

(Also J Cole is like my favourite artist dude )

Hey dude, thanks very much for the rate! Great ideas and well presented.

I can understand why you would say Spikes is necessary, but Ferrothorn seems like a significant momentum drain to the team. So I was wondering what you would think about Protean Greninja with the Z Move or LOrb or Scarf in that slot? With U-Turn and Spikes. It keeps the 3 man U-Turn core, could beat TTar with Z Hydro?

That's my only gripe, everything else I totally agree with. Thanks a lot for the rate dude. Keep up the good work.

(Also J Cole is like my favourite artist dude )
Okay so what I said in the change from Victini to Ferrothorn counts here. I could see it being a momentum drain in some cases, but in others Ferrothorn can actually help with let us say Thunder Wave. Why not switch it to Greninja? The team would have no switch in to Fairy-Types whatsoever since it would have no Steel-Type, nor would it have a Fire-Type to back the team up. I basically wanted to build a team that is more or less cohesive in its build and is not being weak to too many individual Pokémon, although there might be a few.

Also, J Cole is the one of the GOATs.

Last edited:
This team definitely looks interesting, and the idea of running Latias on Screens sounds very promising!

As some people have pointed out, the team has a few issues with stall. Gren can also be a problem (both forms), but that tends to be the case with most HO teams. Changes I would suggest are:

Earth Plate or Focus Sash > CB Lando: This change serves to allow your team to be able to set rocks down, which one of its biggest drawbacks at the time. Sash ensures these go up and is good at keeping momentum on your side, while Earth Plate can break stall well with the correct set. Groundium is also an option here.

U-Turn and Taunt on Koko: This allows Koko to keep Momentum regardless of what your opponent clicks, while at the same time preventing defoggers from removing your screens.

Waternium Z Keldeo > Flyinium Z Gyara: While I am a very strong Z Gyara lover and consider it undervalued, I do think that, as it stands, your team needs something that can break Stall better, and has a decent matchup v. Offense as is. Waternium Z Keldeo is very good versus most stall builds and, along with the Lando, should give you a fighting chance versus Stall. You also have mons that can take care of Bulu, Pex and Venu, in Latias and and Victini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)