Kyurem Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried running an Arm Thrust Hariyama or Emboar to deal with the Staller set? If so, has it worked/has it been useful enough in other circumstances to keep a slot on the team?

Emboar sucks, and the defensive set survived arcanine's close combat so i doubt hari whill kill him, hipmontop need 2 Mach punchs to kill this beast, just a better regice that can actually kill, the worst part is that with the amount of sets (choced, mixed, sub+atks, sub + HC, BP receiver), he's night impossible to predict whitout loosing a chunk of some of your poke, easily loosing one

He's too overpowered in the UU metagame. Slap a Choice Specs on it and watch it spam 100% Blizzards and sweep late game.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been using the mixed set 4 attacks with Abomasnow... it's pretty rape...

It actually ranks alongside victini in kills per game, and being able to take on the majority of water types is crazy. 3HKO's most Suicune with Outrage and 4 ATK EVs, so it still has a shot to beat them even if they rest against D-Meteor (you need hail to take leftovers out of the equation though).

I have a set that I use with Christian's Timid HP-Fire Kyurem, but I'm not sure if it's good enough. The set is:

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Timid
56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Blizzard
Substitute
HP-Fire 70
Dragon Pulse

After EV'ing it in max SpA/Spe, I took EV's out of SpA and gave it enough for 101-HP Subs, which seem to be good for UU. I'm gonna use Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor since I assume that this is supposed to stay in for a while so it shouldn't have a SpA-drop move; but is Draco Meteor still worth it for the sheer power it provides?

Here's a way to get Kyurem out of UU: use it more in OU. If you use it enough, then it will become OU and barred from participating in UU.

literally the most useless post ever because the next usage ratings will come after suspect voting, and by that time it will be banned from uu to bl. heres a way to look like an ass: act like virizion

Im interested in seeing some damage calcs against pokemon like Emboar and Escavalier.

I have a feeling that Kyurem really doesn't have anything to hit Emboar for more than neutral damage, and Emboar can hit back with a 2x STAB Focus Blast or Super Power.

Escavalier can easily dispose of Kyurem with Iron Head, but it would still be interesting to see how much damage Kyurem could actually do to him before he dies.

Im interested in seeing some damage calcs against pokemon like Emboar and Escavalier.

I have a feeling that Kyurem really doesn't have anything to hit Emboar for more than neutral damage, and Emboar can hit back with a 2x STAB Focus Blast or Super Power.

Escavalier can easily dispose of Kyurem with Iron Head, but it would still be interesting to see how much damage Kyurem could actually do to him before he dies.
You wanted calcs so you got 'em:

Timid Specs Kyurem's Draco Meteor versus 252 HP Emboar: 538 Atk vs 166 Def & 424 HP (140 Base Power): 487 - 574 (114.86% - 135.38%)

As you can see even the bulkier Emboar sets are wiped out, and even a Modest Kyurem's Dragon Pulse can 1HKO.

But how about if the tables were turned? I calculated 252 Sp. Attack neutral nature Emboar's Focus Blast first. It can't KO 100% of the time without an Expert Belt or something greater, but a positive natured Emboar can. As for 252 Attack neutral nature Emboar's Superpower? It KOs everytime, with or without an item boost.

Now onto Kyurem versus Escavalier:

Timid Specs Kyurem's Draco Meteor versus 252 HP/4 Sp. Def Escavalier: 538 Atk vs 247 Def & 344 HP (140 Base Power): 164 - 193 (47.67% - 56.10%)

As you can see, Escavalier can't exactly "eat up" those Draco Meteors, but it can live to tell the tale. Shall we try a Focus Blast from the same Kyurem aimed at the same Escavalier?

Focus Blast: 538 Atk vs 247 Def & 344 HP (120 Base Power): 187 - 221 (54.36% - 64.24%)

Ouch, a clean 2HKO without Leftovers recovery. Good thing Focus Blast never hits twice.

And now... For the shocker...

Max Attack Escavalier's Iron Head Versus 1 HP Kyurem : 405 Atk vs 216 Def & 392 HP (Iron Head - 80 Base Power): 324 - 384 HP(82.65% - 97.96%)

Surprise, surprise. I guess Kyurem wasn't so easily disposed of after all.

Anyways, I weighed the calculations with what I thought were common EV spreads, but I got bored before I could do anymore.

You wanted calcs so you got 'em:

Timid Specs Kyurem's Draco Meteor versus 252 HP Emboar: 538 Atk vs 166 Def & 424 HP (140 Base Power): 487 - 574 (114.86% - 135.38%)

As you can see even the bulkier Emboar sets are wiped out, and even a Modest Kyurem's Dragon Pulse can 1HKO.

But how about if the tables were turned? I calculated 252 Sp. Attack neutral nature Emboar's Focus Blast first. It can't KO 100% of the time without an Expert Belt or something greater, but a positive natured Emboar can. As for 252 Attack neutral nature Emboar's Superpower? It KOs everytime, with or without an item boost.

Now onto Kyurem versus Escavalier:

Timid Specs Kyurem's Draco Meteor versus 252 HP/4 Sp. Def Escavalier: 538 Atk vs 247 Def & 344 HP (140 Base Power): 164 - 193 (47.67% - 56.10%)

As you can see, Escavalier can't exactly "eat up" those Draco Meteors, but it can live to tell the tale. Shall we try a Focus Blast from the same Kyurem aimed at the same Escavalier?

Focus Blast: 538 Atk vs 247 Def & 344 HP (120 Base Power): 187 - 221 (54.36% - 64.24%)

Ouch, a clean 2HKO without Leftovers recovery. Good thing Focus Blast never hits twice.

And now... For the shocker...

Max Attack Escavalier's Iron Head Versus 1 HP Kyurem : 405 Atk vs 216 Def & 392 HP (Iron Head - 80 Base Power): 324 - 384 HP(82.65% - 97.96%)

Surprise, surprise. I guess Kyurem wasn't so easily disposed of after all.

Anyways, I weighed the calculations with what I thought were common EV spreads, but I got bored before I could do anymore.
if only Emboar was faster. I guess in a Trick Room team Kyurem is no match for Emboar and possibly Escavalier.

breh

強いだね
just a note, but I'd say that Kyurem without HP fire is more or less countered by Escavalier. Switching into Draco Meteor, at the very least, it means that something will die next turn to Megahorn/Iron Head/Return with good prediction as long as something isn't... steel typed. On the other hand, scarf just flat out loses.

DS Light Clay Kyurem is cool btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)