ORAS Ubers Lando-T Devestation

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader

~GreenCore is amazing at art.

Hello and welcome to my latest RMT, and a team I'm actually proud of and rather happy with. There are actually two versions of this team, both are below.

BUILDING PROCESS
I started out with the concept of Swords Dance Landorus-T, something I think is kind of under-rated in ubers at the moment, and decided on using Earth Plate with U-turn, mainly to bluff the choice scarf set. I opted for a Jolly nature to outspeed most support Arceus formes in the current metagame.

The main obstacles for Landorus-T sweeps was Arceus-Water and other Arceus-formes that are catered to withstanding the attacks of Groudon, along with most forms of offensive teams giving Lando-T very little room to set up in. To aid in the Landorus-T sweep, the next pokemon I added was a Groudon with Toxic over the more standard Thunder Wave to get the damage on Arceus-Water that Lando needed to sweep. I then gave Groudon Stealth Rock because I didn't have it at that point and it would be rather difficult to put an extra Rock Setter on the team without probably opening up weaknesses, and I made it a rather standard Spdef set (with a tonne of speed creep) to help deal with special attackers like Kyogre and Xerneas.

The next mon I chose to put on the team was a rather standard Geoxern, to try and take advantage of Arceus-Water if I was U-Turning into it, and I gave it Aromatherapy because I didn't want to be annoyed by Status moves as much, given that it was the intended pivot into a mon that will more often than not click toxic.

I still needed a Xerneas check at this point and given that I was running toxic over thunder wave on Groudon, and I decided to just go with the sturdiest Xerneas check there is in Aegislash. Nothing much here, just standard spdef to take on xern and toxic to take on other special attackers. Also pursuit helps a bit vs gengars without will-o-wisp, but the priority for Aegislash is dealing with Xerneas and the Latis.

At this point ekiller = win for my opponent so I decided to find an ekiller check, and I went back into my older teams and found this mewtwo-x spread I quite liked. But something still seemed wrong, and I fiddled around with it a fair amount before seeing a combination of moves that allows it to take on basically any physical attacker in the ubers metagame aside from Primal Groudon, which cant switch in on low kick. Stone Edge, Will-O-Wisp, Ice Beam and Low Kick OHKO or 2HKO every physical attacker aside from Klefki, who you can run earthquake for if you want to. While this set dislikes Sableye, I do have support to take Sableye on in Xerneas and my remaining slot, which definitely needed to be a support Arceus forme that could take on both Sableye and Groudon easily.

My end choice was Dragon as this also gives me a check to Salamence, which my team is rather weak to if it sets up on neutral Lando-T, Groudon or Aegislash (kinda iffy but eh). This also allowed me to fit defog on the team and have something that could spread toxic around vs Balance, and also function as a backup fire resist (ho-oh) and water resist (Kyogre) in case I was in a tough spot with either of these two beheamoths. Also, Arceus-Dragon fit the team well due to already having a significant amount of Support from Aegislash and Primal Groudon to deal with the menacing Fairies.

Now this is version one of the team, but the completed version is rather different. Both versions will be below ready for importing. I went to Hack at this point for general discussion and he brought up some good points about the way the team functions, and a couple of suggested changes to make me less weak to offensive teams. I didn't really have a Darkrai check on the first version of the team (although it can get around Darkrai with Mewtwo if needs be, its not a switchin) and Xerneas was rather a filler threatening mon. Getting rid of Xerneas and opting for 3 attacks Life Orb Ho-oh with sleep talk helped patch up my Darkrai weakness, while also meaning I had another menace for stall to face. In addition to this, despite SD Lando-T being fantastic and under-rated, Choice Scarf Lando-T made more sense on the team, as it had no way to outpace Mega Gengar, or anything faster than said. Mewtwo is a speed tie, not reliable enough. This also meant I covered Mega Mewtwo-Y a lot better than in the first team, with Aegislash not always wanting to take it on (fire blast is becoming more popular), as well as getting a really fast pivot with intimidate to make tanking hits from Groudon, ekiller, Arc-Ground and other physical attackers much easier.

And thats the team. I hope you enjoy using it, I certainly do, and dont let the myth of ORAS Ubers being impossible to be creative get to you, it certainly is possible and can be done very well indeed. Better than I have certainly.

Team Description:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lando-T is a very nice glue mon for this team, even if it is no longer the Swords Dance set I started off wanting to use. Earthquake is for good stab, stone edge is good coverage, uturn gains good momentum and explosion was the last move just to get off a really powerful hit before dying when it needs to. Lando also helps out defensively with intimidate making attacks from mons like Adamant Ekiller, SD Ghostceus and similar much easier to take. Also really useful vs offense as a fast pivot.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

The first wallbreaker on the team is one of the best ones in ORAS, fast Life Orb ho-oh has very few defensive answers and also means I have the freedom to switch up my moves. Brave Bird and Sacred Fire are awesome stab coverage and earthquake is to get rid of the very few mons that resist both of Ho-oh's stabs. Sleep Talk is just another way to make me more solid vs offensive teams, giving me a relatively solid darkrai switch in if rocks are up.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 220 HP / 220 SpD / 68 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
Toxic, as was mentioned in the teambuilding section, is to enable me to wither away at Arceus-Water better, and gives me a fair amount more control in the hazard game than I would otherwise if my opponent has an Arceus Water. I dont have fantastic switch ins to Ho-oh, which is why I opted for stone edge over lava plume, and stealth rock and precipice blades are just the standard moves on support spdef groudon. The speed is just me being paranoid, you can easily lower the speed and up the hp of your groudon.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield
No t-wave and no roar on groudon mean I need a better Xerneas answer, and there are no sturdier xerneas checks than Aegislash. Everything is rather standard on this Aegi, with Kings Shield, Toxic and Gyro Ball all being staples, and with pursuit chosen over shadow sneak to help in dealing with the Eon twins.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 HP / 116 Atk / 136 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge / Earthquake
I've been hyping this set up for the last few weeks and for good damn reason, it's really effective. Wisp means that a huge number of physical attackers that normally dont care too much about mewtwo now really hate switching in to it, with SD Arceus-Ghost in particular finding itself unexpectedly crippled on the switch more often than it would prefer. Given my realtive weakness to setup physical sweepers, this helps it immensely. Stone Edge is generally preferable over EQ because ho-oh is very scary indeed, low kick is just mandatory stab for M2 to take on ekillers and kangaskhans and Dialgas and the like, while ice beam prevents setup from Salamence.

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover
The other glue mon on this team is at least as important as Lando-T is. This thing alleviates my weakness to Salamence, most Ray (life orb mixed is scary though), gives me a sort of a ho-oh switch in, and is a generally reliable physical tank to take on Pokemon such as SD arceus ghost that continue to set up after being burnt (or just Arc-ghost in general its a threat), while taking on most Sableye 1v1 and offering a decent pivot for me to use on foul play. Everything is standard here, toxic cause toxic, defog to prevent hazard stack from taking my life turn 1, judgment for solid stab and recover cause not having recover would be stupid.​

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 104 HP / 100 Def / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake / Stone Edge

Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgement
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- King's Shield

Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge / Earthquake

Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Judgment
- Recover

Threatlist:​
  • Life Orb Yveltal: Its me, of course I'm rather weak to this. Less weak than I normally am though.
  • Mega Sableye: While lava plume over stone edge would help a lot with this, I cant afford to give up stone edge and so can have some trouble breaking good mega sableye teams.
  • Primal Groudon: Double Dance is a threat, I handle the other variants though.
  • Life Orb Mixed Ray: I've been playing around with this recently and have come to the conclusion it is impossible to be solid vs this beast. I can deal with it through lando, aegi and mewtwo though.
  • Life Orb Deo-A: lol nothing is solid vs this. Ho-oh can check it and lando can outspeed it but I hate trying to switch around it.
Everything else I feel I have sufficient counterplay for to not be considered weak to it.

And last and quite certainly least, the shoutouts
Teddeh: You've probably been the biggest help to me since I joined the site believe it or not. That skype call when you basically slapped me into stopping playing so passively is still something I bare in mind when I play now.
Lord Outrage: Banned when I make this, but you've really helped me become a lot better since we met back about this time last year. Now stop getting banned -_-.
shrang: Hope Bundaberg treats you well :]
Hack: I actually really appreciate the stuff you said last time we talked, and the points you've made on how to improve ones-self have really hit home for me.
James Jimmy: s. k. y. p. e. m. o. r. e. I even typed it out like a typewriter so it's more familiar to you ;].
Starmei: My fellow brit, we need to skype more too. Joining CT was a lot more fun than I anticipated, and its all down to you :].
GunnerRohan: Now this team will be spammed even more, mwahahaha!
Crestfall: Finish those fics dammit, I want someone else I can complain to at OTWTG not updating since 2014 ;_;
Mr.378: I really appreciate the help you've given me in getting into GSC, its so much fun :D
SparksBlade: I'm not helping you find bloo, nor am I reading Bourne.
DracoMaster Dab: We need to start talking more like we used to :[
Haruno: How do I win Bunnies matchup with own Bunnies?
WreckDra: VGC is a pitfall, stay in ubers :P
absdaddy: Still looking into a trip to the uk next year, see ya if I do go :]
Blim: Retired like Jay-Z in 2004, lets keep it that way
hyw: Nous devons parler plus souvent mon ami. Also dont worry I've kept that pic to myself ;]
Level 56: Grats on open win man :]
March Fires: Tape Tape Severus Tape - literally all I can think about when I call you your old nickname
Dominatio: I see a lot of potential in you to be great at ubers.
DontStealMyPenguin: Chansey is not viable, especially without a Pursuit user.
DracoMaster Pain: In case you were concerned, there's no bad blood between us, and I still remember fondly the encouragement you gave me when i was just starting to become decent.
-Leon- : cause I cant remember your name on here nevermind abs fixed it, much like with dab we really need to talk more, i've not spoken with you in ages ;-;
Krauersaut: You get too much shit flung at you, I hope it reduces in quantity soon. Although if you keep thinking Ferro isn't Ho-oh week, soon is a relative term...
Lacus Clyne: When you get bought this UPL, I'm looking for you to go 4-1, ok? The one is obviously against me :].
Peli: here's your shoutout, was going to be more specific but then you asked for one specifically.
Pohjis: Dont go to the army :[
ShadowQuinn: After not really knowing you a month ago, I've been really impressed with almost everything I've seen in that month, including the replays I've found of yours when I've gone searching. You'll go far :].
Thugly Duckling: Mawile Ogre still the best team ever!
Arifeen: What an overused meme. Also ty for all the teams you pass whenever I ask, makes being lazy so much easier :].
MrAldo: CT is one of my favourite rooms to spend time in and its in large part to you and your management of the room. Also True buddies ftw.
Eyan: Look above for the exact same sentiments minus the TRUE thing, rather specific in-joke.
Cyndequil. : Wtf is your forum name and why cant I tag you? Regardless, always fun to talk with you :]
Scythe. : shame you didn't go further in the grand slam, but you're so chill and fun to talk to :]. Also I still need to test an RU team with you.
thecrystalonix: Good luck getting into gen3 ubers, always willing to have a game if you want it.
Bluwing: Gl getting RO in OU, you deserve it. Also, my webs team must be bad, I know it.
Facts: Not seen you around much fren. Where have you gone? Come back!
~GreenCore: Your name is hard to tag, and you've been a godsend with the youtube videos :]
Analytic: You're last cause you had to go when we were about to skype. Nyah~
There's more people but good god what a list already. I could stay up way too late making a good list, so I'll just say that pts, sp, tru friends, the channel I'm somehow still in in irc, the npl guys, and a few others who dont quite neatly fit into any one of those categories, I'm still thinking of you, I just have to be up really early tomorrow.

Last edited:

hyw

Banned deucer.
Upon watching your commentary of the game between the crab-hunter and Kingler, I found your comment of "I prefer Mega evolutions over Life Orb on Mewtwo" to be peculiar (considering how well the latter fits on Pohjis's hyper-offensive team) and was wondering if you could show me a legitimately decent team utilizing Mega Mewtwo X's properties correctly and, alas, you've come out with a kickass RMT! Obviously nothing to change here at all LOL but yeah this team fits MMX really nicely I like it a lot. 10/10.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Stall matchup here is definitely rough. You pretty much rely completely on Ho-Oh to beat stall teams, which can work I guess with Toxic Primal Groudon, but your Groudon also has limited health, will eventually get Toxiced, and Blissey definitely has opportunities to use Heal Bell versus you. The Mega Sableye weakness is also rather disturbing since it can take down your main cleaners (MMX and Scarf Lando) with ease while Ho-Oh has to tread carefully around Foul Play and also try to break through Lugia and Waterceus.

Toxic PDon + CB Ho-Oh might be good enough against against slower teams without clerics, but against standard stall you will struggle.

A possible sort of quick fix is to drop Aegislash for Bronzong. You can give it SR so you can run Paradancer PGroudon to help against the stall matchup. Skill Swap + SR Zong might not be a bad idea since it can set up Stealth Rock against Mega Sableye, helping your matchup against such teams a bit. This also gives you a second Salamence check and an actual Groundceus check while still checking Lati@s, Mega Diancie, and Xerneas. You lose the Fighting immunity but you have MMX/Lando to beat Lucario and your team is fine against Blaziken. This would also make Wisp a bit more useful since you can use your own MMX to beat opposing MMX.

You also lose Pursuit but I don't think that's a huge deal since Zong is a solid Lati check and HexWisp MGar (pretty much the new standard) dumpsters Aegislash regardless. You also don't have too much that really benefits from a quick Lati kill...they aren't coming in on MMX.

GL with the team!

Is that the team I found you on the ladder one time? I like it, but I'd also suggest Zong over Aegi for the reasons Fireburn talked about. Good team, friend. :)

Also, I'm all for Skype. Hit me up there. :)

Hi PoMMan and thanks for the shoutout :). This is a good team and I'm glad someone finally RMT'ed a team with Landorus-T and Dragon Arceus.
I think Fireburn did a great rate and I agree with Bronzong > Aegislash.
(Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect / Skill Swap
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
I strongly advice using Protect to scout on Ho-Oh and get some recovery. As a player who uses Bronzong a lot, I think Protect is essential.

You should also consider using this Primal Groudon set. It's more offensive than yours(104+) while still bulky enough to take 3 Ice Beams from Defensive Primal Kyogre after Stealth Rock.
(Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 144 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Toxic / Swords Dance (If Bronzong is used.)
- Stealth Rock / Thunder Wave (If Bronzong is used.)

You can add speed from attack EVs but that much bulk is more than enough. This is the most optimal set in my opinion and I use it on most of my teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)