SM UU Last Dance (UU - over 1400s in less than a day)

Firstly, I'd like to say that this is my first RMT and one of my first UU teams. I am fairly new to the metagame but I've been playing on ladder today and I've got to over 1400s pretty quickly, almost reaching the top 500. I'll still keep laddering and will keep the thread updated if I get higher.

ladder proof.png

This is the proof of the peak (the last one metagame in the list lol). This is not my main ladder account, I mostly use it for testing teams (that's why I have played so many metagames - I even had minimize the page and cut off a portion of the rank list to be able to see it in the print with my nickname lol).

The team.

pasted image 0.png
amoonguss.png
starmie.png
bisharp.png
rotom-h.png
glalie-mega.png

Jaloo (Kommo-o) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

I wanted to build around stallbreaker Kommo-o. I went with dual STABs in Close Combat and Outrage instead of going for a mixed Clanging Scales set to abuse Kommo-o's wallbreaking potential with Z-Outrage and getting the maximum damage output possible and Stealth Rocks provided the role compression I needed.
Bulletproof was chosen instead of Soundproof or Overcoat due, mainly, to my heavy weakness to Gengar and Bulletproof gave Kommo-o the ability to decently check it.

glamour toad (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Clear Smog

Next, I wanted a pokemon to decently pivot into Primarina and provide speed control to the team. Amoonguss was as a bulky pivot to this team. Spore is pretty much a staple on Amoonguss, Stun Spore provided the speed control my team lacked. Giga Drain is it's main STAB, recovering decent damage while hitting things like Primarina and Krookodile super-effectively. For the last spot, I mainly go for Hidden Power [Fire] to catch Scizor and hit other Grass-types like opposing Amoonguss. Alternatively, Clear Smog can be used to disallow setuppers like Altaria-mega to go for Dragon Dance and such.

Starboy (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Recover

I added Starmie for it's ability to Rapid Spin and switch in decently in pokemon such as Infernape while having a good speed tier. Natural Cure allows it to absorb status for Bisharp (we'll get to that soon) and Kommo-o and switch out.

Pulse L'Cie (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

At this point, I already had in my mind that this team would be a bulky, hazard-stacking balance. Bisharp was a natural choice, pressuring Defoggers and also checking Latias, which was a huge threat to my team. I used the standard set with a Jolly nature to always outspeed pokemon like Primarina and Scizor.

heat (Rotom-Heat) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat was a good option to spread status and come in on pokemon such as Zeraora, Manectric-mega and Altaria-mega while also providing momentum to the team. I decided not to go for Defog to keep my hazards in the field, as I already have Rapid Spin in Starmie.

Kahuna (Glalie-Mega) @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Explosion
- Spikes
- Double-Edge

The spiker of the team. Able to spike up on a big number of threats such as Kommo-o, Hippowdown and such. It provides priority via Ice Shard, a strong Ice-type STAB in Double-Edge and Explosion to nuke something for Kommo-o and Bisharp to clean up.

Threats to the team:

latias.png
hydreigon.png
Dragon-type pokemon in general are a big threat to this team, as I have no reliable switch-in to Draco Meteors. I generally rely on Amoonguss sponging the first hit and switching out into another pokemon to take the next. Generally I have to dance around those.

I'd love to hear you guys' suggestions on the team! Thank you for your attention! :)

PokéPaste: https://pokepast.es/bd531930ac4a0915

One thing I can recommend is replacing Glalie-Mega with Klefki, as Klefki can check the threats you mentioned and also set up spikes and it offers great defensive utility to your team. Even though you lose offensive power from Glalie-Mega, I still think Klefki makes the team better.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Play Rough and Spikes is self explanatory, Thunder Wave is used for speed control and also frees up a move slot for Amoonguss. Magnet Rise is used to mitigate your team's lack of ground resist/ immunity (being only 1) and it also lets you set up spikes on choice locked Krookodile and passive ground mons like Hippowdon and Gligar.

Hope you find this Useful!

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Even if you don't drop Glalie for Klefki as pumpcrump suggested, I would almost certainly run Earthquake over Double Edge for Glalie, because of the hazard-controlling waters of the tier in Empoleon, Tentacruel, and Starmie.

I totally agree with pumpcrump on adding Klefki, specifically for freeing up that Amoonguss slot. You want both HP Fire and Clear Smog for sure. The Klefki additional also counters both Hydreigon, Latias, and even opposing Kommo-o, as you struggle against all of them.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
First of all, Last Dance is super catchy uwu. This team struggling against 2/3 of the S rank mons in the tier is definitely a huge issue but SR Kommo-o is fun even when it isn't mixed. Z Outrage Kommo-o does a nice job of punching holes into teams.

707.png
- Like the others suggested, I found that replacing glalie for klefki was a good move. Glalie can pressure the dragons offensively but klefki can do the same with play rough while having the ability to switch into them. I went with the magnet rise set on klefki because standard malt could be an issue if rotom was worn down. Maero not being able to EQ you is a big plus too, as you can easily get up more spikes or twave them for starmie/bisharp to take out later.
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

starmie.png
- Defensive starmie tend to be suboptimal, and since this team is more offensive being built around kommo-o, I decided to make it the standard LO set with additional coverage over Rapid Spin. Starmie has amazing coverage and it's nice to take advantage of the offensive pressure. It gives you a powerful special attacker as well without losing pressure against blissey as they don't appreciate switching into LO Psyshocks, especially with hazards up.
Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

319.png
- Looking over the team, I thought that Klefki and Rotom had defense under wraps and thought shark > amoongus would be a good pick. Sharpedo provides consistent speed control and cleaning (sucker punch on bisharp can be outplayed). Sharpedo is also notorious for taking advantage of spikes. I see what you were going for defensively with the FWG core of starmie, rotom, and amoongus but it's ultimately a more offensive build. Earthquake is used over psychic fangs to have a more reliable answer to opposing bisharp, should kommo-o get lowered from setting hazards and rotom-h by enemy hazards.
Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Smaller changes:
- Swords Dance > Taunt on Kommo-o. Hazards + Offensive Pressure from Starmie and Bisharp can help against unaware mons and stall in general on their own.
- Defog > Willo for the oven. Willo rotom can be annoying to bisharp trying to sucker punch, but ultimately longevity and/or hazard removal are more useful. Kommo-o already hella pressures bisharp anyway. I decided to toss out toxic for thunder wave too. With Klefki these two can paraspam/provide pseudo speed control against the opposing team for the others to wreck havoc without the use of a scarfer.

Screenshot (8).png
click for team ^

Overall it ended up closer to standard spikes but it's still cool that features kommo-o the way that it does ^^. If you find the m/u against volturn or just mega manetric in general you can run Mamoswine > Kommo-o but the m/u as is is not impossible with the team how it is. I normally lurk and just steal teams rather than rate but I hope you like the changes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)