SS LC Lax and the bros! ( Peak 1st on ladder, 1767 elos, 88.4% GXE)

Hello and Welcome to my first rmt! As I'm almost at 100 posts, I figured that spamming my favorite team was the easiest way to finally change my awful name

I peaked at around 1789, however, 1767 is the best elo for which I havent lost the proof for ( oops), gxe prob would be higher if I had played this team since the start but wtv thats not what you're here for anyways.
Image 2021-08-26 à 23.41.jpg

Also Acehunter1 thinks my teams are "boring", so I gave the team his nicknames so he can feel partly responsible for this teams existence :')

Introducing: Lax and the bros!

Munchlax as a big balloon by MCsaurus on DeviantArt

guardian (Munchlax) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Curse
- Recycle

As the name suggests, this team was meant to be built around one of the pokemon is think is still heavily underrated: Munchlax. Munchlax has a couple of attributes that makes it stand out: amazing special bulk with very reliable recover, the strongest facade in Lc, and ofc a strong late game threat with curse.

As such, munchlax, by itself can handle multiple different special threats, reliably and over the course of an entire game. The main one munchlax wants to face is Koffing, as good as it is normally, munchlax basically completly invalidates it. Munchlax also completly sits on a variety of different pokemon, including but not limited too: Staryu, porygon, most abra, basically ever fire type ever, natu, pumpkaboo, and many more.

The idea behind playing munchlax is fairly simple, you want to get it status if possible and keep it far, far away from any knock off user. That is ofc, unless you can consume the berry juice, in which case, munchlax can safely set up on pokemon like ferroseed for example.

The 4th move is fire punch bc hitting pawniards on switch in makes it a lot easier to pressure with munchlax, but seed bomb can also be an option if you would rather be able to hit frillish.

Pokemon Center 2017 Mareanie Plush Toy

bright water (Mareanie) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 HP / 100 Def / 36 SpA / 100 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover

Obviously, munchlax isnt going anywhere if its just taking strong fighting type hits, which is why im going with a fighting resist, the fattest and move passive one to be sure I can check them for a long period of time. With recover and regenerator, mareanie isnt going anywhere (unless its gets trapped but I will talk about that later). Munchlax and mareanie have amazing defensive synergy, and the core is just very difficult to break through in general.

The set itself is pretty basic, its the standard mareanie. T-spikes over knock off is also a viable set, however, with how many poisons types we have in the tier, knock is much more reliable.

597: Ferroseed | When attacked, this Pokémon shoots out its… | Flickr

overgrowth (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 88 HP / 188 Def / 84 SpA / 148 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Switching back and forth between lax and mareanie is fun and all ( its what me and my friends do when im invited to parties), but it makes progress that is likely too slow for most ladder clicking nerds. As such, you need someone that actually makes just switching around damage the opponent. Enter gen 5 ferrothorn ferroseed (aka double hazard ferro). You have both rocks and spikes which you can spam to pressure the opponents team. You dont have t-wave, since the goal isnt to para the common switch ins to ferro (fighting types) but to burn them with the following pokemon, and paralyzing them wouldnt really help make any progress anyways since the team is really slow anyways. Aside from that, ferroseed also beats the abra's that munchlax doesnt (sash with counter).

Larvesta by FluffyFluffs on DeviantArt

chantico's fire (Larvesta) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 156 Atk / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

If you've been living under a rock, the entire meta has lived in fear of scraggy and grookey ever since vullaby got banned. Scarf larvesta can outspeed scraggy at +1and threaten the burn with flame body. It also beats grookey for obvious reasons.

However, thats not the end of it. Since we are using 2 fight weak in a fighting heavy meta, larvesta can act as a second fighting resist. If mienfoo u-turning on ur mareanie and then going into a trapper isnt fun for you, you can always use larvesta as a switch in instead( and maybe get a burn if you're lucky).

In mu, where you dont need the scarf ( ex: opponent has a foo and a timb but no scraggy or grookey), you can abuse the fact that ppl click knock off all the time to get yourself a second cool fight resist with morning sun, fishing for burns in the process!

Again, wild charge can be changed to zen headbutt or maybe even leech life depending on preference.

Timburr Pokemon Figure Black & White | Buy A to Z Pokemon -PokemonZone.com

Code red (Timburr) @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Defog

It's timburr lol, if you've played lc at all in the last year you already know what this does lol. It comes in on steel types like ferro and pawn, forces them out, and defog away the hazards they tried to set up. It punch stuff to get healing and knock stuff off: its timburr. The spread also allows to live 1 hit from +1 scraggy, which is cool, you can then, get this, hit it till it dies ( with priority lul). Your welcome for this very in depth timburr analysis.

Galar Ponyta | Cute pokemon wallpaper, Pokemon coloring, Pokemon art

Sugar rush (Ponyta-Galar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pastel Veil
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Psychic
- Mystical Fire

The 2nd wincon. If the opponent doesnt have a scraggy ( if ur reading this post ban, then always lol) this pokemon goes in. You can calm mind on a lot of different pokemon with the more defensive spread, and then kinda just destroy everything lol. This one is also self explanatory cuz its just so strong lol. Important note, the more defensive spread allows you to setup on more pokemon, but it does mean you dont 1hko ferro at +1, you need a little bit of chip, before hand.

And yeah thats about it, the team has a lot of cool synergies and break the mold from the more standard offensive teams you would normally see, try it out for yourself and see how u like it!

Threats:

:Archen: is super annoying lol, It can setup rocks and is generally hard to switch around, you will almost have to trade with it

:mudbray: isnt too fun to play against either, but is plenty manageable, again tho, you most likely will have to make a trade

:scraggy: cuz its broken lol

Have fun! I will prob post in other places too, I hope to see you using this on ladder!

Attachments

Last edited:

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not much to change without completely changing the bulky offense outlook. Here are just some suggestions to improve certain matchups.

:ss/Munchlax:
Honestly would consider Superpower > Fire Punch on Munchlax. It OHKOes Pawniard on the switch-in, retains coverage for Ferroseed, and makes it so that Scraggy can't set up on you. The third part is especially important when you are forgoing Dazzling Gleam on G Pony and have a bunch of setup fodder like Mareanie and Ferroseed.

:ss/Ferroseed:
Definitely go Thunder Wave > Spikes. Dual hazard Ferroseed is bad (so bad that you didn't even put the set in the RMT :bloblul:) and loses to super common stuff like Timburr and Natu. I understand the point about wanting to burn Fighting-types, but relying on 30% is a bit unreliable to say the least. Thunder Wave puts pressure in matchups against foes like Koffing, Ponyta, and non-Substitute Scraggy, which greatly benefits Curselax and CM Pony wincons.

Grats on peaking #1 and the incoming name change!
(800th post moment)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)