Metagame LC Phantump

Do you think Phantump is good enough to be C- on the LC viability rankings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can probably tell I really like Phantump in both LC and it just being adorable, but I feel like it doesn’t get enough recognition as a good Pokémon to use in LC. It’s quite a good Pokémon for slowly chipping away at your opponent, with curse for damage and Oran Berry + Harvest
for healing. It’s main flaw is being weak to two very important Pokémon in the meta being Pawniard and Vullaby, the only thing that helps that is if they switch in while a substitute is up they get hit by curse meaning it’s free 50% chip damage to them due to protect (this strategy is also weak to Berry Juice Vullaby.) I think Phantump would work well with a Regenerator core (I hope I am using these terms correctly) as when it’s substitute is broken it can switch into regenerator Pokémon. Sorry if I was bad at explaining things I am kinda new to this.

09C9EB5D-0731-421B-B3AC-F0105332069F.png

Phantump @ Oran Berry
Ability: Harvest
Level: 5
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Protect
- Curse

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welcome,

New threads require approval to be posted. For future you can find who to PM about this usually at the top of a forum where it lists moderators.

The contents of your post is well suited for the Viability Ranking thread, where we tend to talk about Pokemon sets and general "goodness" of specific Pokemon. I'm going to edit this into your last post there shortly. I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)