Other Metagames LGPE Wish Killer

Hayburner

WHAT A POGGER CURRY!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
Intro
Smogon's user most likely to post inappropriate content is here with an RMT! So far this team has won a suspect tour, peaked #1 on ladder, and I used it in quarterfinals, semifinals, and finals of the LGPE OU release tour. The team won all 3 of those games. While I've made plenty of teams with a lot of success, this one stands out.

Teambuilding Process

I started with Mega Venusaur and Chansey because of Cased hyping up the core. They synergize well as Mega Alakazam and Mega Gengar are two of the biggest threats to Venu and both are crippled by Chansey.

I added Rhydon next as the obligatory Ground type. I chose Rhydon over Nidoqueen or Dugtrio Alola because one of the main weaknesses I anticipated would be Mega Beedrill offense, and a ground that can does not fear it and can switch in if necessary is huge.
(Melmetal Image)
Melmetal is a necessity on any team, and its sets are always almost the same and can be edited later, so I just threw it on here.

While I'm not a huge fan of Zapdos in general, having a backup Melmetal and Mega Gyarados check while being able to regain momentum is hugely important and was the reason for adding it here.

Mew was always going to be on the team, but I added it last to be able to customize the set to specifically deal with whatever threats popped up. I noticed a weakness to Rest Melmetal if I went with a standard wisp set, and I definitely needed Psychic as it's the mon you ideally go to after paralyzing Gengar with Chansey and teleporting. So, I went with Psychic, Flamethrower, U turn, roost all on the same set and dropped wisp all together as ideally you want to spread Toxic, Sleep, and paralysis if necessary; burns often are more detrimental.

The Team

Ikuno Emiru (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
Level: 50
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Mega Drain
- Sludge Bomb

The 'mon the team was built around, I went with a very standard set to abuse the lack of leftovers to punish leech seed and nothing except dodges and Eevee-S preventing you from sleeping something as all the grass types cannot switch in. I went with Bold to better handle Mega Gyarados and being able to take less from Melmetal.

Rias Gremory (Chansey)
Ability: Natural Cure
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

While Chansey sucks, it's very important for this team as it is so slow paced, because it is the only Mega Gengar and Mega Alakazam switch-in with reliable recovery. Paralyzing the most threatening offensive mon in the tier and being able to pivot out while only fearing a Sludge Bomb poison is unique to Chansey alone. Half the games I play it is sack fodder though.

Akeno Himejima (Zapdos)
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Toxic

Standard Zapdos moves, again went with Bold because of the threat of Mega Gyarados as I am not using Poliwrath. Toxic is key for Mew, especially Nasty Plot variants, as well as putting Rhydon on a timer. Zapdos also provides some offensive presence and regaining momentum with this team can be huge to gain turns to heal up with Mew, Venu, or whatever else the situation dictates.

Ayame Kajou (Rhydon)
Ability: Lightning Rod
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

The rocker for the team, Rhydon provides a Drill Peck Zapdos counter, so that both Toxic and Drill Peck variants are handled by Mega Venusaur and Rhydon respectively. Rhydon is still always the initial switch to Zap however, as taking a toxic is far less burdensome most of the time than Venusaur taking a Drill Peck. Impish is primarily for Mega Beedrill, however it also helps in matchups against the other Ground types, such as Alolan Dugtrio, minimizing the damage that you take.

Sakurajima Mai (Mew)
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
IVs: 23 Spe
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Roost

The main "tech" set on the team, this Mew handles Rest Melmetal, while still being able to pivot out of Gyarados and other 'mons that threaten it. 23 Speed IVs are intended to under speed opposing U-turn Mew, as the slower U-turn is ideal, while still outspeeding Nidoking. Bold is again chosen due to the ever-present threat of Melmetal.

Kyou Fujibayashi (Melmetal)
Ability: Iron Fist
Impish Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

Finally, the Pokemon that must be on every LGPE OU team, Melmetal. I chose toxic over Thunder Punch, Superpower, or Thunder wave because of Mew. Nasty Plot Mew is one of the biggest threats to the team and if they try and set up on a switch, toxic is your best option. Again, a Impish nature is chosen due to the lack of necessity of an attack boosting nature, while maximizing the bulk for matchups against Dragonite, Aerodactyl, and Beedrill.

Threatlist
Nasty Plot Mew is the biggest threat to the team should you fail to toxic it. So toxic it. Then win with Chansey
Mega Gengar with taunt or substitute; not really common but probably worth mentioning. Best option vs sub is to go Chansey, teleport to melmetal, break the sub and bring them below subbing range (assuming you have rocks up), then go hard back to Chansey and Twave teleport as normal. Any Mega Gengar can be annoying if played well and poison the Chansey on the first sludge bomb.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7letsgoou-424223 Finals vs. ABR
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7letsgoou-423775 Semifinals vs. Cased
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7letsgoou-422417 Quarterfinals vs. Theorymon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7letsgoou-421421 Suspect Tour win by LL

Conclusion
In my opinion, this is the most consistent team in the whole meta, and is also the closest to stall that any team will get with the offensive pressure available in the tier. It has brought more success for me than any other team without a doubt. Also, yes, the nicknames are my waifus.

IMPORT
https://pokepast.es/bb6c939328dea80b
Shoutouts
LL for listening to me ramble about the tier and winning a suspect tour for me
Ricardo for telling me I need mental help for my waifu obsession (I don't)
Jytcampbell fthx for telling me to use poliwrath every game manlet.
TaceBreeze for also telling me I need mental help for my waifu obsession
suapah best gasser around without a doubt
And all the rest of the Methlab and also to the Classiest for the support thx.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)