SS Ubers Light it up Zacian

I've got really interested in Ubers metagame today. Zacian beeing called the new Mega-Ray, i've tried to pull out some cool checks to handle it but also that was able to provide a good support to the team. I've hit top 50 in ladder with this one (with 80% GXE which is ok), i can tell its pretty cool to try. It's been a while since i didn't RMTed some of my teams (s/o Darma to the top) so here it is :

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpg

You can't really build an Uber team without using it, that'd be a total waste considering how broke it is :

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance

Classic spread and moveset being, only spicy thing is that Adamant nature helping score kills on weakened Quagsire for exemple. The combination of dual STABs + Close Combat got almost no switch-in, specially when boosted by a Swords Dance. Another option would be to run either Psychic Fang on Swords Dance to hit Toxapex or Crunch to hit Aegislash. If stars align themselves, you can also run Solar Blade in combination of Chandelure putting the sun thanks to Dynamax but eh, just a really spicy idea... Jolly nature can also be an option just to tie other Zacian (you can still outspeed Eternatus with an Adamant nature which is the least you can ask for a Zacian right now, and of course Zamazenta).

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpg Dugtrio.png
So yeah, you basicly need a fast ground hitting Pokemon just to revenge kill Zacian, i've picked Dugtrio mostly because of Arena Trap and it's Speed (which is the only 2 reasons why its strong anyway) :

Dugtrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stone Edge

Classical spread here again, Adamant nature is the most optimized considering you don't need to run a Jolly nature to outspeed Zacian (even with this you can't OHKO it lul). Other's move that aren't Earthquake are really meh to be honest, you'll bearly click them. Memento can be cool if you need some nerf to setup your Zacian while Stone Edge can help hitting Fly Pokémon like Corviknight. Reversal can be switched for Stealth Rocks considering my team got no setters but you got Arena Trap so, basicly you set Rocks you're almost sure to die.

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpgDugtrio.png890-e.png
Right after having those two, i needed some support to help Zacian, mostly needed things to check the likes of Toxapex / Quagsire or Corviknight. Eternatus seemed the msot appropriate to do so :

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Substitute
- Recover

This spread was made to duel easily Quagsire : 0 Atk Quagsire Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Eternatus: 198-234 (44.5 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery.
Max speed helps to tie other Eternatus while the SPatk invest can still 2HKO our muddy buddy. Dragon Pulse will be your main STAB to hit things in combination with Flamethrower to hit Steels like Zacian, Zamazenta or Corviknight. Pressure is the key to duel them since you'll just PP waste their attack while they try to break your sub or crit you which will help later on Zacian to clean easily.

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpgDugtrio.png890-e.pngDitto.png
Just another Ditto. Like, if you're aiming to build a strong Uber team (or any SS team tbh) you need a Ditto to nerf Dynamax abuse.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Transform

Only HP matters on Ditto since it's the only stat you can't copy (s/o Hurtadooooo). Ditto is mandatory to nerf Zacian's sweeps but on another hand is too frikking strong when it copies a Zacian and becomes pretty hard to stop cleaning. Scarf helps you outspeeding anything you copy while Dynamaxing it helps you switching moves which is broken ngl.

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpgDugtrio.png890-e.pngDitto.pngChandelure.png
Now here's the fun part. I've legit been looking for a strong Zacian counter for hours. When you want to counter it, you can spot several things that can help building. Zacian struggles to kill bulky Fire (both his STABs are resisted and it lacks coverage like Earthquake) and bulky Water. Beeing an UU main, i know how to counter broke Steel types with Fire mons, we got no Moltres here but Chandelure will do the work, and boy o' boy it did.

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower

Max Def and HP to maximize your checking potential (yes checking, i've legit found no real counter to Zacian, even Quag can struggle if it's not full life). Main idea behind this set was to trigger Flame Body to burn Zacian or at least to burn it with Will'oWisp. Chandelure can switch into most if not all Zacian sets (only Crunch threatens it but i've seen it like once in 50 matches), few calcs just to proove my point :

+3 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 192-227 (59.2 - 70%)
You can handle a Swords Dance Zacian and burn it back while you can afterwards copy its boost with Ditto
+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 115-136 (35.4 - 41.9%)
+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 248-292 (76.5 - 90.1%)
+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Psychic Fangs vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chandelure: 131-155 (40.4 - 47.8%)

As you can see, Zacian can't OHKO Chandelure (unless Swords Dance Crunch which doesn't exist since you need STABs + Steel coverage on all sets). Heavy Duty Boots helps not having to bother about rocks and are mandatory to not get KOed or just cheaped. Dual STABs gives you a perfect coverage while Pain Split helps getting a lot of health back, specially if you can hit it on Dynamax Pokémon.

2614588765_efd83c9a73_z.jpgDugtrio.png890-e.pngDitto.pngChandelure.png54857619-bird-warrior-in-knights-armor-cartoon-vector-animal-series.jpg
Last i needed another Zacian check while also a ground immunity cause i legit had none. Corvikight being Corviknight, i've picked it for it's amazing potential.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Max Def and HP invest to maximize your defensiv potential against Zacian. 8 Speed helps outspeed other Corviknight. Other than that it's a pretty classic moveset, making use of it's amazing Dynamax potential with Bulk Up and Speed boost that Max Airstream offers. It's also a cool Ditto counter as Ditto can't copy it since it'll most likely lose the duel.

Replays
Corviknight and Chandelure putting an awesome work
Chandelure being broke against Dynamax
Will post more later one, it's late but this one shows how good it can be

Shoutouts
- To all da friends i make raids with
- To Katy for being cool
- To Zacian while he's around
- To Ditto while he's around
- To Dynamax while he's around
- To 8G while competitiv never been around
- To NZ cause i miss u....

Last edited:
I've been handling Zacian with Solgaleo, and it's been working pretty well

Solgaleo @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Psychic Fangs
- Flame Charge

Solgaleo can take a +3 Behemoth Blade or Sacred Sword to the face and come out with about 50-60% health. First turn Flame Charge does 31-37% damage, giving Solgaleo a +1 speed boost, allowing it to outspeed Zacian on the next turn with an Earthquake that does 62-73%. This technically isn't a guaranteed KO without prior use of stealth rock or spikes, but it seems to work fairly well, as Solgaleo functions really well as a fast tanky-ish sweeper if it gets the KO over Zacian. Sunsteel Strike is a solid STAB move that (with some weakness policy help) can deal a lot of damage to teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)