Pokémon Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the set. Spdef skarm switches in probably, and bulky volcarona without rocks, but bulky volcarona switches into every lucario besides stone edge(plz don't run stone edge). The biggest problem I really see is rotom w, who isn't hit too hard by any move (does cc 2hko physically defensive?). Also random shit like vaporeon are gonna ruin your day, as it loses that beautiful +2 aura sphere. Now that I think about it, I'm not too sure, as there are definitive downside, and it still beat no twave blobs and weakened goodra, but it's worth considering
It actually does. It also has a chance of 2HKO'ing Vaporeon (of which I actually haven't seen much)
  • 4 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 164-194 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 4 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 236-278 (50.8 - 59.9%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (guaranteed with Stealth Rock)

I stand corrected, this is quite the viable set. I have used work up which is pretty fun as well, although your set seems better.

Interesting. I think it would be a better idea to have Vacuum Wave and Iron Tail rather than Close Combat and Flash Cannon. Priority is always a safe thing to have and Vacuum Wave is incredibly powerful with +2 SA and Adaptability. Fairies tend to have high Special Defense, so a Physical move would bring them down much easier. I know Iron Tail has low accuracy, but the risk is worth it and 75% isn't horrid (still bad though). You could try replacing with Bullet Punch, but that would be underwhelming without investing in attack. I'll have to try the set out though before saying anything further though.
Or you can just use Bullet Punch and Close Combat. :)

Ruins the point of Nasty Plot though. Just leads you back to a Swords Dance or Work Up set.
Project mixed attacking Work Up is a go.

Lucario(nickname:SSFaliure @ Lucarionite
Hasty/Naive
WhateverAtk/WhateverSPAttk/252 Speed
-Work Up
-Close Combat/Flash Cannon
-Crunch/Dark Pulse
-BP/Vaccum Wave
If you have Flash Cannon use VW if CC BP

May it fail horribly for whoever decides to test it.

Last edited:
This thing is broken as hell. Nasty plot set wrecks and its hard to predict whether its physical or special as it hits ridiculously hard from both sides

You
there are more special lukes the higher you go. Problem is that you have to assume physical before anything else. Often losing something if you assume wrong.
you could always use the absolutely impractical Scarftom-H EV spread I made to specfically counter all Mega Cario variants before boosting. The EVs were something impossible to remember so I'll recalculate to ge the really dumb spread.

The Spread
Rotom-H @Choice Scarf
252Hp/220Def/36Spe
-Overheat
-Volt Switch
-Trick
-Whatever the hell you want
It can survive any hit and he priority after from any Jolly or Timid Luc. It also can take Modest plus he priority but it can't take adamant's second priority 20% of the time. the 36 Speed is to outspend jolly and timid with a scarf
MOSR OF THIS POST IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE

Last edited:
I'll just input this for the research I did on this pokemon. With the banhammer going to Mega-Khan people are already used to using common will-o-wisp pokemon like Sableye, Jellicent, and etc. thinking that Mega-Lucario is gonna be the same. Sadly it's not with it's special offensive set. What's worse is that the special set is arguably worse than the Offensive set and frankly breaks balance. Check these key stats.

+2 252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 278-328 (91.4 - 107.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sableye: 380-448 (125 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 428-508 (118.8 - 141.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 624-736 (87.3 - 103%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This is absurd. Absolutely absurd. With the combination of Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, and Dark Pulse he can 2HKO or OHKO with Neutral Damage across the board. You cannot calmly say you can OHKO a Blissey and you are also a Special Attacker.

I won't state he is impossible to defeat. There are a handful of pokemon that can "handle" Mega-Lucario. Sturdy users like Skarmory and Donphan are a few that can "handle" Mega-Lucario's moves. Donphan being better at it's job as an Earthquake will always OHKO. Quagsire is also a decent Check as Unaware is a powerful tool to rid M-Lucario of it's boosts. Priority users with Mach Punch like LO Breloom or Conkeldurr can Check it fairly easily.

Despite that, Mega-Lucario also shares a trait with other broken pokemon in it's ability to be Unpredictable. Unlike Mega-Khan, Lucario isn't crippled to only being an Offensive or Specially Defense Support pokemon. So with the said checks I described; they cannot be reliable by any means. In conclusion, we have a pokemon that is Unpredictable, has amazing stats, an expansive movepool, and not a single pokemon that can switch into boosted Mega-Lucario without being risked to being 2HKO'd or OHKO'd. Very simple, he's a Mega-Khangaskhan in disguise. Please fix this. :c

Last edited:
More annoying still is the fact that he could very well be mixed.
Eh, Lucario deserves a suspect test at least. It's not nearly as obviously broken as Mega Gengar and Mega Kangaskhan. Nothing else needs to be banned unless proven so in a suspect test.
I personally have found it much more broken, with Kang you could at least switch in your rocky helmet ferro/garchomp and know you were going to weaken it signifficantlly (Kang is obviously broken just an example). Lucario can be either special, physical or both and you usually wont find out without a pokemon getting destroyed or Lucario setting up.

If you use the common 252 Def / 252 SDef Blissey build...
  • +2 252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 520-612 (79.8 - 94%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Also, if you really felt like pulling out all the stops, you could use my magical mixed set above and one-shot both pink blobs guaranteed...! :^(

I find the mixed Lucario especially potent as it creates massive potential for mindgames, that Lucario's already notorious for. You can bluff a physical set by using Close Combat early on, only to destroy physical walls with +2 Flash Cannon.

I would say though, that unlike M-Khan, M-Luke Skywalker isn't without its flaws. It's very frail and, without priority, is easily revenge-killed. Though what with the absurd amount of potential to 6-0 whole teams at full health, I can understand, why it's likely to go next.

Mega Lucario is a great Pokemon and all, but it's sheer power alone doesn't give it enough strength to move up to Ubers. It's defenses are frail, making it easy to revenge kill, or easy to outspeed if you have the right Pokemon. Although it's Close Combat is practically an insta-kill, I've always been able to outspeed Mega Lucario and OHKO with a Flamethrower. It's good, and it will be subject tested, but I don't think it's good enough.

Mega Lucario is a great Pokemon and all, but it's sheer power alone doesn't give it enough strength to move up to Ubers. It's defenses are frail, making it easy to revenge kill, or easy to outspeed if you have the right Pokemon. Although it's Close Combat is practically an insta-kill, I've always been able to outspeed Mega Lucario and OHKO with a Flamethrower. It's good, and it will be subject tested, but I don't think it's good enough.
What are you outspeeding Mcario with? 112 is such an odd but good speed tier, allowing it to win out against Gengar, who wins out against... almost everything common I can think of, outside of Starmie, Alakazam, and Jolteon.

Assuming it isn't easy to outspeed, this thing seems very likely to be banned because there's already precedent for its ban- Deoxys, who has worse stats and worse typing(I think) and doesn't have the same options for priority.

Who are you using to do that? Just curious.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
This thing isn't anywhere close to ubers unless enough offensive stuff is banned to where the meta slows to the point where it actually has opportunities to set up, and where teams aren't carrying 3+ checks to it simply built into how you have to design any offensive team in the current meta.

It's weaker than Lucario bar STABs, it's beaten by practically every scarfer in the game, even defensive threats can effortlessly OHKO it if they pack a super effective move. The thing needs so much support and literally every single aspect of the current metagame is working as hard as it possibly can against Mega Luke it's not even funny. This thing looks so broken on paper but it probably wins the award of how it falls so short of that.

Honestly, like Deo-N, it's probably going to be broken by some 4 Attacks mixed set if it ever gets banned to begin with. My biggest issues with normal Lucario since even since Gen 4 is that it was always way too frail to be setting up for something that was a designated set-up sweeper, and it was way too easy to stuff once it got there. Mega Luke is mirroring these issues, but unlike normal luke it actually has some potential to just go for a wallbreaking 4 attack set thanks to its solid offenses, Adaptability, and blistering speed. Not sure if there's a 4 attacks set that can actually break it though, it just doesn't have the coverage. Maybe someone will figure it out, but for now, it seems Mega Luke has little reason to get banned.

This thing isn't anywhere close to ubers unless enough offensive stuff is banned to where the meta slows to the point where it actually has opportunities to set up, and where teams aren't carrying 3+ checks to it simply built into how you have to design any offensive team in the current meta.

It's weaker than Lucario bar STABs, it's beaten by practically every scarfer in the game, even defensive threats can effortlessly OHKO it if they pack a super effective move. The thing needs so much support and literally every single aspect of the current metagame is working as hard as it possibly can against Mega Luke it's not even funny. This thing looks so broken on paper but it probably wins the award of how it falls so short of that.

Honestly, like Deo-N, it's probably going to be broken by some 4 Attacks mixed set if it ever gets banned to begin with. My biggest issues with normal Lucario since even since Gen 4 is that it was always way too frail to be setting up for something that was a designated set-up sweeper, and it was way too easy to stuff once it got there. Mega Luke is mirroring these issues, but unlike normal luke it actually has some potential to just go for a wallbreaking 4 attack set thanks to its solid offenses, Adaptability, and blistering speed. Not sure if there's a 4 attacks set that can actually break it though, it just doesn't have the coverage. Maybe someone will figure it out, but for now, it seems Mega Luke has little reason to get banned.
I've heard a mixed Nasty Plot Set is most effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)