Done Make /blockpms permanent

As it is, when you exit a session, blockpms expires. I forget to turn it back on and get harassed by people after my battles constantly, and sometimes i just simply dont want people to talk to me without consent but once theyre in DMs they dont shut up and you cant hit /blockpms without feeling rude.

I'm sure there's a reason this is the way it is, but i don't understand it.

PS: someone in help told me it definitely expires so if I'm wrong just delete the thread ig

As it is, when you exit a session, blockpms expires. I forget to turn it back on and get harassed by people after my battles constantly, and sometimes i just simply dont want people to talk to me without consent but once theyre in DMs they dont shut up and you cant hit /blockpms without feeling rude.

I'm sure there's a reason this is the way it is, but i don't understand it.

PS: someone in help told me it definitely expires so if I'm wrong just delete the thread ig
I just checked with jetou , and found that blockpms and bch is persistent but the it doesn't notify if you got a blocked challenge the first time, while it does for the first blocked PM...

PS : the user was me what tried to help sasol

pre

pkmn.cc
So, its actually a little more nuanced. /blockpms and /blockchallenges last for the duration of your session, and both will notify you the first time in a session that either is blocked. I added a toggle for them in the UI but its currently not persistent across sessions - that's still a work in progress (a lot more context here - I've not moved forward with this because it requires modifying the login protocol which is going to be a PITA). Eventually, /blockpms, /blockchallenges and /ionext will all be made to be persistent across sessions.

it doesn't notify if you got a blocked challenge the first time, while it does for the first blocked PM...
It will be shown after a restart. This is because the relevant code for the blocked PM message are hotpatch-able (and was hotpatched), while the relevant code for the blocked challenged messages are not hotpatch-able.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)