OU OU Mega Gallade

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Apart from being more suave, Mega Gallade has some merits over Mega Medicham. Swords Dance boosts its Attack to greater heights, allowing it to break through bulky Pokemon like Mega Latias and Celesteela easily. Moreover, its base 110 Speed allows it to outspeed a good chunk of OU, including Garchomp and non-Choice Scarf Kartana, and its solid special bulk allows it to take hits such as Clefable's Moonblast. Knock Off allows it to threaten Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Mew that would otherwise be hard to break down and worsen the effectiveness of switch-ins like Clefable and Tapu Fini through removing their Leftovers recovery. When put together, these traits make Mega Gallade into a very strong wallbreaker. Tapu Fini makes for a good partner for Mega Gallade, as Misty Terrain will protect it from status such as Static from Zapdos and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-W. Also, Tapu Lele provides useful utility in Psychic Terrain, boosting the power of Zen Headbutt greatly.

Last edited:
i can do it.
  • i would like this to sound less of a direct comparison with mega medicham. i know the facebook audience will ask, but try to word it in a way that you aren't comparing it so often, because that kind of undermines mega gallade values and makes it feel like its still on mega medicham's shadow, which isn't quite true
  • i would give a stronger emphasis to swords dance, as i believe it's even more notable than the added speed and knock off, you can also mention it's special bulk is respectable too, letting it take hits such as clefable's moonblast.
  • also, keep in mind, mega gallade isn't really sweeping, unless your opponent's team doesn't have something faster, as most opponents would keep their faster mons healthy in order to deal with mega gallade.
  • im not so sure about ash-greninja and magearna because i really can't see the walls these two weaken for mega gallade. and i think ash-greninja and magearna are a lot more likely to sweep than mega gallade. so ideally i'd like you to clear up a bit the synergy here or choose new partner(s). if you want an idea, i think tapu fini is a nice partner, protecting mega gallade from zapdos's static, volcarona's flame body, and will-o-wisps from rotom-w and mew.
  • lastly, priority really isn't an issue for mega gallade, i guess protecting yourself from mega scizor's bullet punch and mega mawile's sucker punch is nice, but it's surely a situational use, that i don't really find worth a mention.
those are all my suggestions, please tag me again when u're done implementing :) i know it's a lot to change, but i'm being nitpicky mostly, you got the understanding of mega gallade very correct still!

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Apart from having being (suave is an adjective, the noun form is suaveness apparently which sounds gross lol so I just changed the verb) more suave, Mega Gallade has some merits over Mega Medicham. Swords Dance boosts its Attack to greater heights, allowing it to break through bulky Pokemon like Mega Latias and Celesteela easily. Moreover, its base 110 Speed allows it to outspeed a good chunk of OU, including Garchomp and non-Choice Scarf Kartana, and its solid special bulk allows it to take hits such as Clefable's Moonblast. Access to (Link to Reasoning) Knock Off allows it to threaten Psychic-types like Reuniclus and Mew that would otherwise be hard to break down and worsen the effectiveness of switch-ins like Clefable and Tapu Fini through removing one of or their only form of recovery their Leftovers recovery. (optional, the section read a little awkwardly; changing it to their Leftovers recovery does dull the importance of it being Fini's only recovery so if you have other ideas on how to reword it also open to those) When put together, these traits make Mega Gallade into a very strong wallbreaker. Tapu Fini makes for a good partner for Mega Gallade, as Misty Terrain will protect it from status such as Static from Zapdos and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-W. Also, Tapu Lele provides useful utility in Psychic Terrain, boosting the power of Zen Headbutt greatly.

GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)