National Dex Mega Scizor BO (National Dex OU) (Peaked #5)

:scizor-mega: :Garchomp: :greninja-ash: :Rotom-heat: :Tapu-fini: :darmanitan-galar:

Introduction
Hello all! It is a pleasure to finally post my first ever RMT, the objective of which is to cover a recent team I created not too long after Zygarde was quick banned. This particular team aims for a Bulky Offense build centered around Mega Scizor as the main wincon.

The Team

:sm/scizor-mega:

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

The main star as mentioned before, Mega Scizor is a potent mon in the current meta due to its ability to be the best check in the tier to Mega Metagross as well as being a great answer to other pokemon like DD + Ghostium Dragapult, Kartana, Non-HP Fire Mega Latios and Alakazam, etc. Zygarde no longer being an issue allows me run SD over Curse, which lets Scizor boost up quickly to sweep with priority Bullet Punch(which also grants a method of revenge-killing). U-turn is chosen over Knock Off to avoid being trapped by Magnezone, as well as providing momentum by bringing in my wallbreakers. Roost provides longevity to keep checking threats. EVs are standard and notably avoid a 3HKO from Mega Metagross' Hammer Arm.

:sm/garchomp:

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The Stealth Rock setter of the team, Garchomp provides great support for this team, notably a switchin for opposing Heattoms and Heatran, as well as a way of removing Scizor's primary counters in Toxapex, Heatran and Corviknight. Stealth Rock also lets the team put more pressure on the opponent, chipping their defensive core into range of being removed.

:sm/greninja-ash:

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

My next wallbreaker and secondary wincon. Ash Greninja provides some great attributes to the team, such as blistering speed and priority that allows it to revenge kill threats like Volcarona. Spikes also completes a hazard stacking core with Garchomp to wear down defensive cores. It also pairs well with Scizor to improve my Offense matchup.

:ss/Rotom-Heat:

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 68 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

One of the best pokemon to grace the NatDex OU tier thanks to its newfound access to Nasty Plot, Rotom-H provides an offensive answer to both bulky waters AND bulky grasses thanks to its coverage. Volt Switch completes a Voltturn core with Scizor and Darm-G while Overheat hits much of the tier extremely hard. Pain Split was chosen over HP Ice as Lando-T and Gliscor are already blown away by boosted Overheats, and opposing Garchomp forces Rotom out with its Z-move. Pain Split also gives Rotom a form of recovery and lets it abuse switchins like Gastrodon and Chansey.

:sm/Tapu-Fini:

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 32 SpA / 120 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Probably the most important Pokemon on the team, Tapu Fini provides immense utility. Taunt + Misty Terrain largely improves my stall matchup, while also preventing Scizor and co. from being hit with status. Fini also provides an answer to Mega Blastoise, who , as of this post, is a dominating force known to sweep entire teams lacking this, as well as another answer to Heatran and opposing Ash Greninja. Defog allows me to prevent teammates from being worn down unnecessarily, and Scald and Moonblast prevents Fini from being passive. The EV spread is from last gen, with 92 Defense EVs and 32 SpA EVs allowing Fini to survive a +2 Acrobatics from Hawlucha after Rocks and OHKO back with Moonblast as long as Lucha isn't the Psychic Seed variant. The Speed EVs let me outpace and remove Adamant Crawdaunt and the rest is pooled into Special Defense to take on stuff like MegaToise as well as possible. I've actually found the defensive investment to be clutch in other situations other than Hawlucha, such as surving Garchomp's +2 Earthquake after Stealth Rock and a round of Leftovers recovery, as well as being somewhat better at stuffing a hit from something like Mega Medicham in a pinch. Fini also completes a solid defensive core with Mega Scizor, with both shielding each other from checks rather well without draining much momentum.

:ss/darmanitan-galar:

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Last, but not least we have Darm-G. Since Gren and Scizor's priority is often not enough insurance against faster non-scarf mons, Darm-G was added to make up for that. Darm also provides great wallbreaking power thanks to its excellent coverage while compressing the role of a revenge killer. Darm also provides pivot support to bring in wallbreakers and bulkier mons into favorable situations.
Importable: https://pokepast.es/49b352a25812b2cb

Proof of peak(not at #5 anymore sadly) :
Screenshot_20200411-190334_Pokemon Showdown.jpg

Threats:

:Volcarona: Both Bulky QD variants and any variant of offensive Volcarona with Giga Drain pose a huge threat to the team. Fini can click Taunt to prevent Roost, but does not appreciate taking repeated hits and gets 2HKOED by Giga Drain after a QD. The best I can do is make sure Chomp eliminates it with Edge or Z before it boosts or have a teammate chip it into Water Shuriken range.

:Dracovish: This claims a kill each time it gets an opportunity to switch in. Fini can remove it with Moonblast after some chip, but cannot switchin at all. Luckily, Band is super slow and can therefore be dealt with much more easily, such as with Greninja and Chomp. Scarf outspeeds the whole team except Darm-G, who hits it super hard with IC, but doesn't OHKO.

:magnezone: If the opponent double switches when Scizor is brought in, you may as well kiss it goodbye. Fortunately, the rest of the team can punish it rather well while forcing it out.

:Tapu-Lele: While Scizor doesn't mind switching into Specs Psychic and Moonblast too much thanks to its bulk and typing, it pretty much auto-dies if Lele clicks HP Fire, and Fini does NOT appreciate taking hits from it. But again, it's rather hard for this to find switch-in opportunities on its own and it isn't really common because of how much it struggles in the current meta.

:charizard-mega-y: :charizard-mega-x:
Fini can't take on Zard Y because of Solar Beam and Chomp gets 2HKOED by Fire Blast variants. Zard X doesn't take enough damage from Fini to be genuinely threatened and proceeds to DDance in its face. Keeping SR up should be top priority against both so Gren and Darm-G can revenge kill them.

I look forward to hearing your feedback!

Oposing Tapu Fini is also a problem for this team from my experience using it
Rotom-H just forces it out or damages it with Pain Split and Volt Switch(especially if boosted by NP), Garchomp can KO with a +2 Earthquake if Fini tries to switchin to Defog rocks, and opposing Fini aren't going to stay in against Scizor unless they're a Haze variant, which is hardly ever used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)