Doubles Mew (Doubles)

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Mew @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 40 SpA / 12 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock

Great bulk, decent Speed, and an incredibly wide movepool make Mew the most flexible utility Pokemon in the Doubles metagame! Mew can fill up a lot of holes for many teams, such as providing speed control in form of Tailwind, Fake Out support, a Stealth Rock setter, and even a pivot with U-turn. Coverage moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower also prevent Mew from being complete fodder to common Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, Mega Metagross, and Genesect. The given EV spread lets Mew outpace Kommo-o as well as survive a Gigavolt Havoc from Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain or a Bloom Doom from Kartana, but this is by no means Mew's only viable spread. Since Mew is very flexible, it can run different moves depending on its teammates' needs. For example, Pokemon with a mediocre Speed tier like Kyurem-B and Volcanion enjoy Mew's Tailwind, while setup sweepers like Zygarde and Volcarona definitely appreciate Fake Out, Transform, and, in Volcarona's case, Defog.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Mew's kind of a unique case so I'm going to request some larger changes here and I'll probably have more tweaks after these are implemented:

I'd rather you take the first 2-3 sentences to talk about Mew's value as the most flexible utility Pokemon available, and save discussion for this specific set until afterwards because I think Mew's increased relevance isn't due to any one particular set. Mew's ability to plug 4-5 holes in one slot are what make it viable, and even more so because those 4-5 holes it fills are likely to be different on every team it's found on. Wide movepool, bulk, decent speed, etc are all important factors here.

Afterwards, I think staying really vague about the spread but then touching further on its flexibility outside of just moves would be a better use of the limited number of characters you have available.

A few nitpicks: Incineroar isn't really something I'd think of as notably appreciating TW support, saying Volcanion or CB Zygarde would fit better. Also, Mew doesn't really stand out to me as a check to Lando/Zyg/Mence, so I'd phrase it more as Mew avoiding being total Taunt-bait thanks to its ability to threaten these mons. I know that I put slashes on the set when I posted the set to reserve, but I think this will translate better to its final format if those slashes are removed. You can use those first 2-3 sentences to talk about all the many moves it can commonly take advantage of anyway, including U-turn.

Egor

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion
Mew's kind of a unique case so I'm going to request some larger changes here and I'll probably have more tweaks after these are implemented:

I'd rather you take the first 2-3 sentences to talk about Mew's value as the most flexible utility Pokemon available, and save discussion for this specific set until afterwards because I think Mew's increased relevance isn't due to any one particular set. Mew's ability to plug 4-5 holes in one slot are what make it viable, and even more so because those 4-5 holes it fills are likely to be different on every team it's found on. Wide movepool, bulk, decent speed, etc are all important factors here.

Afterwards, I think staying really vague about the spread but then touching further on its flexibility outside of just moves would be a better use of the limited number of characters you have available.

A few nitpicks: Incineroar isn't really something I'd think of as notably appreciating TW support, saying Volcanion or CB Zygarde would fit better. Also, Mew doesn't really stand out to me as a check to Lando/Zyg/Mence, so I'd phrase it more as Mew avoiding being total Taunt-bait thanks to its ability to threaten these mons. I know that I put slashes on the set when I posted the set to reserve, but I think this will translate better to its final format if those slashes are removed. You can use those first 2-3 sentences to talk about all the many moves it can commonly take advantage of anyway, including U-turn.
implemented, thx. got rid of slashes too, is it fine?

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
After explaining the spread details, I'd throw in a quick "Bloom Doom from Kartana, but this is by no means its only viable spread" or something similar if you don't like that wording. Otherwise, this looks great, nice job!

QC 1/1

Egor

RoAPL Champion
After explaining the spread details, I'd throw in a quick "Bloom Doom from Kartana, but this is by no means its only viable spread" or something similar if you don't like that wording. Otherwise, this looks great, nice job!

QC 1/1
implemented, thx tree. ready for the gp.

Fireflame

Silksong when
is a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove Add Comments (AC)= add comma (RC)= remove comma (AH)= add hyphen (RH)= remove hyphen
Mew @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 40 SpA / 12 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock

Great bulk, decent Speed, and an incredibly wide choice of moves movepool make Mew the most flexible utility Pokemon in the Doubles metagame! Mew can fill up a lot of holes for many teams, such as a providing speed control in form of Tailwind, Fake Out support, a Stealth Rock setter, or and even a pivot with U-turn. Coverage moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower also prevent Mew from being a complete fodder to common Pokemon like Landorus-T, Zygarde, Mega Metagross, and Genesect. The given EV spread lets Mew outpace Kommo-o as well as survive a Gigavolt Havoc from Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain or a Bloom Doom from Kartana, but this is by no means Mew's only viable spread. Since Mew is very flexible, it can run different moves depending on its teammates' needs. For example, Pokemon with a mediocre Speed tier like Kyurem-B and Volcanion enjoy Mew's Tailwind, while setup sweepers like Zygarde and Volcarona definitely appreciate Fake Out, Transform, and,(AC) in Volcarona's case, Defog.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)