move 2: Trick Room
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Play Rough / Taunt
item: Mental Herb
ability: Disguise
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu has a strong niche as a Trick Room setter on Calyrex-I teams thanks to Disguise and its good bulk virtually guaranteeing that it can set Trick Room. Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy and pick off weakened Pokemon. Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I and Torkoal. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. Play Rough gives Mimikyu ways to hit Pokemon such as both Urshifu formes and Grimmsnarl super effectively. Taunt is an alternative option to stop status moves such as Amoonguss's Spore and Incineroar's Parting Shot. Safeguard is another option that can also stop Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves, and unlike Taunt, Mimikyu doesn't need to use the move as actively to stop status; however, this disables Mimikyu from stopping Incineroar's Parting Shot and opposing Trick Room reversals. Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott in order to set Trick Room.

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon, and Mimikyu isn't an exception, with Mimikyu appreciating Fake Out virtually guaranteeing that it can set Trick Room as well as Incineroar's ability to check Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. Calyrex-I has great synergy with Mimikyu, as Mimikyu can set Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak, making it a huge threat. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp for Calyrex-I. Torkoal appreciates Mimikyu's Trick Room support, as it enables Torkoal to deal huge amounts of damage with Eruption under sun. Tapu Fini is also a fairly common Pokemon on Mimikyu compositions, as Misty Surge blocks status moves such as Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves, allowing Mimikyu to set Trick Room.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Sole Survivor, 518634]]
- Quality checked by: [[Yourwelcomethanku, 548417]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:
You know the drill
:SS/Mimikyu:

[SET]
name: Trick Room
move 1: Shadow Sneak
move 2: Play Rough Trick Room
move 4: Trick Room Play Rough / Taunt
item: Mental Herb / Babiri Berry (I question if Babiri Berry should be slashed considering its significantly less common. lmk about this one)
evs: 252 HP / 25236 Def / 420 SpD (May as well be max def)

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu has established itself as a premiere (Its a niche Pokemon used on mainly Calyrex-I teams. Change the introductory sentence to make its niche clear from the start.)Trick Room setter thanks to its Disguise only allowing it to be hit by one attack a large majority of the time,(Fluff) virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set up courtesy of its good bulk.(Something like "thanks to its disguise and good bulk it can set Trick Room near guaranteed" seems to flow better.) Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy who it is very commonly(If you're going to make its niche clear from the start there is likely no reason for saying its commonly paired with it.) paired with and also to pick off weakened Pokemon. Play Rough is Mimikyu's Fairy-type STAB of choice(STAB of choice makes less sense now that Taunt is slashed, remove veltal and Palkia mentions for Grimmsnarl as its far more relevant and idk if "Urshifu forms" is appropriate.) to hit Pokemon such as both the Urshifu forms, Palkia, and Yveltal super effectively. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R Landorus-T.(Landorus-T is often Lum and its also not particularly threatening to Calyrex-Ice teams.) Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I,(RC) and Torkoal, and Tapu Fini.(Tapu Fini is more of a support Pokemon than a beneficiary imo.) Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott and set up Trick Room,(AC) while Babiri Berry allows Mimikyu to survive a Behemoth Blade from Zacian-C and cripple it with Will-O-Wisp. The given Defense investment with the Impish Nature hits a stat bump.
(Add Taunt to the set comments. Also an incredibly awesome player named Alec Rubin topcut PCIII with Safeguard mmq, please give it a set mention, it replaces Play Rough.)

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon and Mimikyu isn't an exception, appreciating Intimidate slowing down Zacian-C and Groudon and(Intimidate is overall less critical due to disguise I think?.) Fake Out virtually guaranteeing Trick Room set-up Mimikyu setting up Trick Room thanks to Disguise and the Mental Herb. (At this point in the analysis I'd think its pretty obvious and not needed to be mentioned.)Incineroar also checks Calyrex-S and Steel-types such as Zacian-C and its Parting Shot allows Mimikyu to take attacks better.(With the Intimidate part cut you could probably merge this.) Mimikyu checks both Urshifu forms for Incineroar in return.(Its not that strong a check Calyrex-I is frequently paired with Mimikyu as Mimikyu can set up Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak so that Calyrex-I can snowball. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp.(I would much rather terminology for how important or good Calyrex-I is for mmq rather than how often its paired with it and read the commment after this.) Calyrex-I destroys Landorus-T for Mimikyu in return. ("Calyrex-I destroys everything in return" Its kind of strange to specifically mention Landorus-T when mmq isn't particularly weak towards it. You could maybe try and merge a new point with the first point replacing "snowball" and say that Calyrex-I is very threatening when enabled by mmq) Torkoal and Tapu Fini are two other allies that appreciate Mimikyu's Trick Room support to demolish Steel-types with Eruption in sun and set up Calm Mind, respectively. Tapu Fini checks Incineroar and blocks status moves onto Mimikyu in return with its Misty Surge. (Seperate the point of Torkoal and Tapu Fini since they work for different reasons. Torkoal is a strong TR Pokemon and Tapu Fini doesn't really demolish Steel-types (Zacian-C) its more so just a solid fit on those teams. You could maybe say something like "Tapu Fini is a fairly common pick on these teams because of terrain blocking status".

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Be careful when implementing this, it seems you ignored part of the previous check.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu is a premiere(Not necessarily wrong but I think something like "Mimikyu has a strong niche as a Trick Room..." would be much more accurate.) Trick Room setter on Calyrex-I teams thanks to its Disguise and good bulk virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set up. Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy and also to pick off weakened Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I and Torkoal. Play Rough is Mimikyu's strongest Fairy-type STAB,(Its still weak. "gives Mimikyu means to hit" should work) hitting Pokemon such as both the Urshifu forms and Grimmsnarl super effectively. Taunt can be used alternatively("can be used" and "alternatively") to stop status moves such as(You don't exclusively stop the moves you mentioned, hence this change.) Amoonguss's Spore and Incineroar's Parting Shot. Safeguard is another option that can also stop Amoonguss' Spore and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-H.(What's the difference? You did not mention which moveslot Safeguard is replaced for which is the 4th, and rn its not meaningfully differentiated from Taunt. Safeguard can protect Mimikyu's team from status beyond its time on the field unlike Taunt, however unlike Taunt it cannot stop TR reversals and Parting Shot.) Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott and set up Trick Room.

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon and Mimikyu isn't an exception, appreciating Fake Out virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set-up as well and Incineroar's ability to checking Calyrex-S and Steel-types such as Zacian-C.(Are we pretending none zacian-c steels are real?) Incineroar's Parting Shot allows Mimikyu to take attacks better. Calyrex-I is frequently paired with(Nitpicky but I think using vocabulary to show how strong they are together would be better. Also please fix up the sentence im pretty sure you're supposed to use "it" in some places.) Mimikyu as Mimikyu can set up Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak, making Calyrex-I a huge threat. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp for Calyrex-I. Torkoal and Tapu Fini are two other allies that appreciate Mimikyu's Trick Room support.(Talked about this last check, separate Torkaol and fini, don't really see why they are lumped together.) Torkoal destroys Steel-types with Eruption in sun(Torkoal can destroy more than Steel-types in TR. You can simply say something like its a big threat enabled by mmq's TR ) and Tapu Fini checks Incineroar and blocks status moves in return with its Misty Surge. (Checking Incineroar is not overly critical to the functioning of a weak support Pokemon like this. Misty Terrain helps mmq by preventing sleep moves to help in set TR, change this accordingly.)

[CREDITS]

Last edited:
Lets wrap this up, ping me once you implemented and then I think I should be able to stamp
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu has a strong niche as a Trick Room setter on Calyrex-I teams thanks to its Disguise and good bulk virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set up. Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy and also to pick off weakened Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I and Torkoal. Play Rough gives Mimikyu ways to hit Pokemon such as both the Urshifu forms and Grimmsnarl super effectively. Taunt is an alternative option to stop status moves such as Amoonguss's Spore and Incineroar's Parting Shot. Safeguard is another option that can also stop Amoonguss' Spore and Will-O-Wisp from Rotom-H (Find a more relevant example, maybe Venusaur.)and unlike Taunt Mimikyu doesn't need to use the move as actively to stop status,for longer than Taunt can, (Lasting longer isn't really a reason to justify one over the other.)however this disables Mimikyu from stopping Incineroar's Parting Shot and opposing Trick Room reversals. Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott and set up Trick Room.

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon and Mimikyu isn't an exception, appreciating Fake Out virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set-up as well Incineroar's ability to check Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. Calyrex-I is frequently paired(If Mimikyu's niche is as a support to Calyrex-I then the fact that its commonly paired with it should be very obvious, would rather you have vocabluary that says they good together.) with Mimikyu as Mimikyu can set up Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak, making it a huge threat. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp for Calyrex-I. Torkoal appreciates Mimikyu's Trick Room support as it enables Torkoal to deal huge amounts of damage with Eruption in sun. Tapu Fini is also a fairly common Pokemon on Mimikyu compositions as it blocks status moves such as Spore Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves with its Misty Surge, allowing Mimikyu to set up Trick Room more safely.

[CREDITS]

Last edited:

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
add
delete
comment

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu has a strong niche as a Trick Room setter on Calyrex-I teams thanks to its Disguise and Mimikyu’s good bulk virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set up. Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy and also to pick off weakened Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I and Torkoal. Play Rough gives Mimikyu ways to hit Pokemon such as both of the Urshifu formes forms and Grimmsnarl super effectively. Taunt is an alternative option to stop status moves such as Amoonguss's Spore and Incineroar's Parting Shot. Safeguard is another option that can also stop Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves and unlike Taunt Mimikyu doesn't need to use the move as actively to stop status, however this disables Mimikyu from stopping Incineroar's Parting Shot and opposing Trick Room reversals. Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott and set up Trick Room.

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon and Mimikyu isn't an exception, with Mimikyu appreciating Fake Out virtually guaranteeing a Trick Room set-up as well as Incineroar's ability to check Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. Calyrex-I has great synergy with Mimikyu as Mimikyu can set up Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak, making it a huge threat. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp for Calyrex-I. Torkoal appreciates Mimikyu's Trick Room support as it enables Torkoal to deal huge amounts of damage with Eruption in sun. Tapu Fini is also a fairly common Pokemon on Mimikyu compositions as it Misty Surge blocks status moves such as Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves with its Misty Surge, allowing Mimikyu to set up Trick Room.

[CREDITS]
good job! :blobthumbsup:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

Mimikyu has a strong niche as a Trick Room setter on Calyrex-I teams thanks to Disguise and Mimikyu’s its good bulk virtually guaranteeing a that it can set Trick Room set up. Shadow Sneak allows Mimikyu to activate Calyrex-I's Weakness Policy and pick off weakened Pokemon. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. Trick Room is used to support slow teammates such as Calyrex-I and Torkoal. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers such as Zacian-C, Groudon, and Urshifu-R. (reordered to match move order) Play Rough gives Mimikyu ways to hit Pokemon such as both of the Urshifu formes and Grimmsnarl super effectively. Taunt is an alternative option to stop status moves such as Amoonguss's Spore and Incineroar's Parting Shot. Safeguard is another option that can also stop Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves, (AC) and unlike Taunt, (AC) Mimikyu doesn't need to use the move as actively to stop status; (comma -> semicolon) however, (AC) this disables Mimikyu from stopping Incineroar's Parting Shot and opposing Trick Room reversals. Mental Herb lets Mimikyu ignore Taunt from the likes of Incineroar and Whimsicott and set up in order to set Trick Room.

Incineroar is a great ally to basically every Pokemon, (AC) and Mimikyu isn't an exception, with Mimikyu appreciating Fake Out virtually guaranteeing a that it can set Trick Room set-up as well as Incineroar's ability to check Calyrex-S and Zacian-C. Calyrex-I has great synergy with Mimikyu, (AC) as Mimikyu can set up Trick Room and activate its Weakness Policy with Shadow Sneak, making it a huge threat. As an added bonus, Mimikyu can cripple Zacian-C with Will-O-Wisp for Calyrex-I. Torkoal appreciates Mimikyu's Trick Room support, (AC) as it enables Torkoal to deal huge amounts of damage with Eruption in under sun. Tapu Fini is also a fairly common Pokemon on Mimikyu compositions, (AC) as Misty Surge blocks status moves such as Amoonguss's and Venusaur's sleep moves, allowing Mimikyu to set up Trick Room.

[CREDITS]
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)