Other Metagames Music of the Night- A LGPE 1v1 RMT (Peaked #1,1416)

1547583323049.png
1547583380913.png
1547583420515.png

Hello, and welcome to my second 1v1 rmt. This time around, I'm sharing the team that carried me to the top of the lgpe ladder, and has been proven to be quite the consistent Team for both laddering an room tournaments. I'm bad at intro's, so lets just get right into this

1547583323049.png

Hulk Hogan (Melmetal)
Ability: Iron Fist
Level: 50
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Double Iron Bash
- Acid Armor
- Superpower

First member of the team is Melmetal, which provides a bulky attacker, ways of handling fast and slow opponents alike, and enough salt to supply frito-lay. For the moves, Thunder wave lets it speedtrap everything under base 120 speed, which is quite a bit in this metagame. double iron bash will be your most used move, giving you a stab move to spam against fast and thunder wave'd threats. its 60% chance to flinch, when combined with thunder wave, provides a solid wincon. Acid armor lets you take even more physical abuse, but it is in general the best way to fill a generally useless moveslot, as earthquake is a poor choice in the meta. Superpower lets you handle other melmetals and snorlaxes much easier. Jolly lets it outspeed mgyra and other melmetals after a thunder wave, letting you flinch your way to victory.

1547585280937.png

Alfred Hitchcock (Pidgeot-Mega) (M) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Happiness: 70
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam
- Substitute

Pidgeot is the second member of the team, rounding out a nice core with melmetal. air slash lets you get opponents into hyper beam's range, and provides good stab to let you handle mega venusaur. heat wave lets you beat melmetal 100% of the time, which is nice. Hyper beam lets you ko your foes quickly after 1/2 air slashes. Sub lets you handle venu's sleep powder, and other status in general. Modest grants you extra power, and still keeps you ahead of all the consequential speed tiers.

1547583420515.png

Large Lad (Snorlax)
Ability: Immunity
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Yawn
- Screech
- Facade​

Snorlax rounds out the team, giving the team the final matchups needed to handle the tier. Protect gives you a way to incoming damage, letting you stall out yawn's startup period if need be. Yawn, of course, sleeps the opponent, letting snorlax get passed what it needs. screech lowers the foe's defense, letting it handle reflect and generally high defense targets. I chose facade as my final move, due to the sheer amount of status being thrown around on the ladder, while still letting it beat what it needs to beat. this can be changed to a higher bp stab move like body slam however.

Proof of peak:
Untitled drawing (1).png

Well, thank you for reading. If you have any feedback, feel free to reply with any improvements!

Importable: https://pokepast.es/aa85a49c6dfad6b6

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Your lose against sub zapdos is non existent, and you 50/50 sub pidgeot, but since that’s it, great team and great job! But it also seems you’ve made the only team to get 3-0d by dragonite

Shaky matchup again mew? Lax can normally win but some Sub Mew variants can 50/50 or win against it, 3-0ing the team.

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
His mew matchup is great actually, it only beats lax with taunt, only beats Mel with sub and willo/barrier + recovery (or Fire Blast then 50/50s) and needs cm/amnesia for pidgeot, meaning that mew can’t run an attacking move, meaning any crit ends it

I think your team could be improved by switching your lax set, and putting rest over acid armor on melmetal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)