My First (hopefully thorough ) RMT

Well I've been working on this team for the last week or 2 and it's been my first truly successful team, so I figured I would share it and ask for criticism.

couldn't find a Speed Deoxys sprite :P

Deoxys-e@Life Orb
Pressure
Rash
104 Atk / 252 SpA / 152 Spd
Ice Beam
Grass Knot
Superpower
Psycho Boost

Overall, the EV spread seems to work. It outspeeds what it needs to and OHKOs what it needs to for me. Great type coverage and outspeeding everything makes it a fantastic lead. Even if they switch out, it's still hitting hard and then I can switch out to one of my other guys. Later in the game if it's still alive it sweeps incredibly well, taking out many Pokemon in succession.

Gengar@Life Orb
Levitate
Hasty
22 HP / 44 Atk / 176 Speed / 16 SpA / 252 SpD
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Focus Punch

I saw this on the creative moveset thread a few weeks back and instantly fell in love with it. It's a great switch in to Blissey, it confuses them and everything. It's fast enough to still outspeed the majority of things and Subs on the switch. Great coverage in its three attacks. Definitley my favorite moveset for Gengar I've tried thus far.

Celebi@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
252 HP / 176 Speed / 80 SpA
Substitute
Leech Seed
Psychic
HP Fighting

Standard SubSeeder. My common switch in for some physical threats, such as Gyarados. He can Taunt me, but I'll usually outpredict and Psychic, which I believe is a 3HKO, sometimes 2HKO. HP Fighting gives it that extra type coverage, but I'm not too sure on it. I like Celebi a lot, though I'm not sure if this is the best set I can run for him on this team.

Swampert@Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
Ice Beam
Surf
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Mixpert. Can handle so many random situations, it's unbelievable. I've even had him sweep some games. ;x Usually will switch him in on physical threats and Stealth Rock on their switch, then play accordingly. One of my favorites.

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Bold
148 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed / 104 SpA
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Flamethrower
Thunder Wave

Ah, Blissey. Obviously the special wall of the team. Flamethrower for the very many Steel and Grass Pokemon that come out. It also surprises a lot of players. Thunder Wave is great when they switch for a sweeper and paralyze shuts them down. Not much to say about this.

Dugtrio@Choice Scarf
Arena Trap
Adamant
128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Speed
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Night Slash

Revenge killer. It's speed is crazy and can hit hard. It's been working well for me, but this spot is the one that's been giving me the most trouble. I tried a few things before Dugtrio, like DDGyara and different Lucario variants, but Dugtrio has been most successful so far. Any other ideas for this?

So, yeah, I'm not sure. I guess I'll take a stab at the threat list:

Garchomp: Deoxys can outspeed it, especially if it's stuck in an Outrage. Swampert can take it on at times. He's so versatile and unpredictable that it's hard, but generally Deoxys will take him down after he kills something.

Blissey: Oddly enough, Gengar is probably my best counter here. Dugtrio is very good as well, especially if it doesn't carry Ice Beam. A lot of times I'll switch Swampert into it if I haven't Stealth Rocked yet, do that, either switch to Celebi and Leech Seed, or just straight to Gengar, take the obvious Seismic Toss, Sub and Focus Punch all day. Deoxys Superpower also OHKOs it if needed.

Gengar: Blissey is the obvious switch in here. Unless it's the same set I have, TWave to Flamethrower is usually enough. Otherwise Deoxys Speed outspeeds it with Psycho Boost

Gyarados: Celebi is incredibly good vs Gyarados, it's usually my first switch to. Leech Seed really sucks it away, and like I said, Psychic 3HKOs it at worst. Gengar with TBolt will also kill it if it gets the chance.

Tyranitar: Swampert, Gengar, or Deoxys can all take this on. Swamperts obviously the most preferred because of it's Defenses, though.

Lucario: Dugtrio will usually switch in on Lucario after it's killed something and OHKO it with EQ. Otherwise Gengar can take it on if it doesn't have Bullet Punch. Swampert packs a punch vs it as well.

Heatran: Blissey and Swampert wreck it pretty hard, as well as Gengar and Deoxys. If Gengar Subs as they switch to Heatran, for whatever reason, Focus Punch hits it hard.

Metagross: A big problem. Dugtrio can sometimes revenge kill it, it really depends on their EV spread and how bulky they are. Otherwise Blissey can usually take a hit and hit it with Flamethrower. Deoxys also comes out and outspeeds it and hits hard with Superpower.

Salamence: Deoxys and Swampert surprisingly take it on fairly well. Celebi and Blissey don't do a bad job walling it either.

Bronzong: Annoying. Blissey can Flamethrower and Gengar can Sub up or Celebi Sub/Leech Seed. Plenty of things I can do, it's just bulky.

Infernape: Taken on well with Swampert and even Gengar. Dugtrio can revenge kill it if needed as well. Deoxys Speed also kills it.

Swampert: Speed Deoxys. Gengar takes it on nicely as it usually can't break the Sub, or it'll switch out as Gengar comes in. Doesn't really a pose threat to anything on the team anyway, so whatever can kill it will.

Weavile: Tough. Dugtrio and Deoxys Speed are your best options, as well as Swampert. Swampert can usually take a hit or 2 from Weavile and get an EQ in. Stealth Rock hopefully was set up earlier and hurts Weavile quite bad.

Skarmory: Gengar takes it on great, as does Swampert. They can set up Spikes, but I don't suffer from that too much.

Forretress: Not really sure, haven't encountered one yet. However, Blissey Flamethrowers and Gengar and Celebi set up against it, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Gliscor: Swampert/Deoxys. Ice Beam is a OHKO every time (I believe) Hasn't been a problem for the majority of my team anywya.

Cresselia: Gengar takes it on pretty handily. If it doesn't carry Ice Beam, Dugtrio Night Slash does pretty good damage to it. Leech Seeding Celebi annoys it as well.

Starmie: Blissey walls it all day. Gengar can catch it off guard sometimes, as can Deoxys. Dugtrio revenge kills with Night Slash.

Breloom: Celebi's amazing and Blissey carries Flamethrower, so I don't see a huge problem. Gengar can even take it on pretty well.

Heracross: Deoxys OHKOs if it's caught in a Choice (always is). Gengar can Sub up if it's caught in a Close Combat. My team is weak to his moves, but Heracross seems to be beaten in prediction anyway.

Togekiss: Blissey-->Gengar should kill it the majority of the time.

Celebi: Flamethrower Blissey or even putting my Celebi vs his usually nets me the win. If it doesn't carry Recover and is not SubSeeding, it's a surefire win for me in mirror. Deoxys OHKOs too.

Hippowdon: Swampert mainly, but Celebi works too. Doesn't scare me too much.

Azelf: Blissey Blissey Blissey. Prediction I guess. Haven't encountered one yet.

Dusknoir: So annoying. Celebi will usually have to Seed it for me to beat it. Not really sure what else I can do vs it.

Snorlax: Dugtrio, Deoxys Speed. Gengar hits it hard too. It's annoying of course.

Jirachi: Blissey Flamethrower hurts it a lot. Dugtrio can revenge kill it pretty well. Gengar and Swampert aren't too shabby on it either.

Suicune: Gengar hits it pretty hard, Celebi seeds it pretty well. Deoxys can hit for a lot with Grass Knot.

Vaporeon: Same thing as Suicune, just Wish passing is annoying to deal with sometimes. Blissey can wall it fairly well.

PorygonZ: Blissey walls it. Dugtrio revenge kills it. Swampert hits it pretty good, as does Gengar. Not too bad.

Electivire: Gengar, Dugtrio, Deoxys OHKO.

*phew*

Opinions anyone?

im just wondering, how hard does dugtrio hit without a CB or a life orb? i personally would put a CB on duggy and leave it be. you might also want to try a more bulkier subseed celebi for more durability

I would go for a Bold Celebi, and try Calm Mind over HP Fighting. If Weavile or Tyrantitar try to pursuit you, if you have a sub you can switch out for free. Or, if it's CBtar, you can take a pursuit, sub, then switch out. Try it, it works great.

Calm Mind is awesome because soon, Ice Beams won't break your sub and you can start to sweep with your high Satk.

Dugtrio doesn't hit amazingingly hard, but it usually does what it needs to. I've used Jolly/CB Dugtrio before, but for this team I really just wanted the speed in it. I'll try it though to see how it fairs.

I do kind of like the idea of a bulkier Celebi, though I'm kind of scared of only having 1 attacking attack. I'll try it out though.

Thanks guys, more opinions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)