VGC My First Team for VGC18

Hello everybody!

I only started today to play in vgc, unfortunately I do not know anything about this format, being all new to me this is the best I could do.
Do not expect that kind of strategies, unfortunately I am still not able in the team building phase, so I would be very pleased to receive advice on how to best use my pokemon, but above all advice on my team. PS: These are mental turns that I made myself, which most likely, are wrong and senseless. Besides all, and I mean everyone, the moveset have been taken by smogon. I kindly ask you to be lenient both with my team and with my English. xD

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

I started composing my team starting from M - Kanga, being him a great pokèmon (from what I saw in various videos) for the vgc, and being one of my favorite mega, I could not not put it in the team.

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Snarl
- Low Kick

The second pokèmon is Incineroar. I put it especially for the Intimidate ability, and because I find it well to put it together with Fini as a lead, because having fake out and snarl allows me to make Fini with Calm Mind in total security.

Tapu Fini @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 236 HP / 108 Def / 132 SpA / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Fini (as mentioned earlier) I put it to be a lead with Incineroar, as well as being a good pokèmon that also has good defensive statistics and good damage.
Also I chose it to remove the fields of the other Tapu being slower than a Lele or a Koko.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield

Aegislash I chose to break down the various Tapu and the various pokèmon fairy, and because it has a discrete damage and good defenses, but above all ... is not it beautiful?

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand

Cresselia I inserted it as a support pokèmon, being able to learn helping hand, it seemed necessary to me, and then I equipped it with a trick room, to speed up those too fast pokèmon that can be a Koko, an M - Salamance and so on. Psychic I put it as stab move, while ice beam to knock down Landorus T, Garchomp, Salamance etc.

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Def / 80 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos I put him too to give support with Tailwind, and because having the moveset with the Misty Seed is core with Fini, in addition to being a good pokèmon.

I hope you can help me with your advice and become stronger. If someone were willing to teach me a little about the vgc, I would be grateful. Sorry again for my english, have a good day. ^^

Attachments

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Hi Shape! The team doesn't have any evident huge weaknesses, but mainly there are a few suboptimal sets I think could be fixed for the team to work better.

-->

Cresselia --> Landorus-T
Cresselia doesn't fit with your team, as the whole team is too fast for Trick Room to be very useful. It's also not offensive enough to keep up with the rest of the team. Instead, try Landorus-T, which adds a second Intimidate to the team and also gives you an additional way to hit Steel-types. Here's some sample sets:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Level: 50
EVs: 172 Atk / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Kangaskhan --> +Fake Out
For situations where Incineroar can't comfortably take the lead, Kangaskhan having Fake Out would also help you set up more opportunities to use Tailwind with Zapdos or Calm Mind with Tapu Fini. It's also faster and stronger than Incineroar so it can help support Tapu Fini with its offensive presence.

Incineroar --> +Knock Off
Low Kick is nice, but you already have solid Tyranitar checks in Tapu Fini, Kangaskhan, and somewhat Aegislash. Adding Landorus-T also helps beat Tyranitar. You could replace either Low Kick or Snarl with Knock Off, which would let you break bulky Pokemon like Tapu Fini or Cresselia more easily by removing their berries or Leftovers.

Incineroar --> Faster
Since you have Tailwind, you could use 76 Speed EVs to let you outspeed Mega Metagross under Tailwind, letting you check it better with Incineroar. If you think you're weak to Mega Gengar, you could even use 164 Speed EVs, but I think Incineroar can beat Mega Gengar easily without this speed. (note: using Choice Scarf Landorus-T would help your Mega Gengar matchup too.)

Aegislash --> Quiet Nature + 0 Speed IVs
Since Aegislash is very vulnerable in Blade forme, you want it to avoid taking hits in Blade forme. Using a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs makes you more likely to attack after your opponents have already attacked, so you can turn into Blade forme later and you'll get hit in Shield forme instead.

Hope I helped, and good luck with the team!

Thank you very much Level 51! You have been a great help.
Hi Shape! The team doesn't have any evident huge weaknesses, but mainly there are a few suboptimal sets I think could be fixed for the team to work better.

-->

Cresselia --> Landorus-T
Cresselia doesn't fit with your team, as the whole team is too fast for Trick Room to be very useful. It's also not offensive enough to keep up with the rest of the team. Instead, try Landorus-T, which adds a second Intimidate to the team and also gives you an additional way to hit Steel-types. Here's some sample sets:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Protect

Kangaskhan --> +Fake Out
For situations where Incineroar can't comfortably take the lead, Kangaskhan having Fake Out would also help you set up more opportunities to use Tailwind with Zapdos or Calm Mind with Tapu Fini. It's also faster and stronger than Incineroar so it can help support Tapu Fini with its offensive presence.

Incineroar --> +Knock Off
Low Kick is nice, but you already have solid Tyranitar checks in Tapu Fini, Kangaskhan, and somewhat Aegislash. Adding Landorus-T also helps beat Tyranitar. You could replace either Low Kick or Snarl with Knock Off, which would let you break bulky Pokemon like Tapu Fini or Cresselia more easily by removing their berries or Leftovers.

Incineroar --> Faster
Since you have Tailwind, you could use 76 Speed EVs to let you outspeed Mega Metagross under Tailwind, letting you check it better with Incineroar. If you think you're weak to Mega Gengar, you could even use 164 Speed EVs, but I think Incineroar can beat Mega Gengar easily without this speed. (note: using Choice Scarf Landorus-T would help your Mega Gengar matchup too.)

Aegislash --> Quiet Nature + 0 Speed IVs
Since Aegislash is very vulnerable in Blade forme, you want it to avoid taking hits in Blade forme. Using a Quiet nature and 0 Speed IVs makes you more likely to attack after your opponents have already attacked, so you can turn into Blade forme later and you'll get hit in Shield forme instead.

Hope I helped, and good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)