SM OU My First Team (Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI, I've made this team and I need serious help, I've been playing with this team for about a week now, and I've been playing without much success. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Heatran: Set-Up

I use the Heatran mainly for set up purposes and sometimes to take down grass ice fairy .etc Pokemon.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is my bulkier special attacker and is generally quite useful. (I tried to base my team around it)

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

One of my favourite mons, and seems to have quite a lot of success as almost all my friends use it.

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf

Serves as a water type? slapped in moves that counter the weakness I have currently.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Rock Tomb

Another one of my favourite Pokemon, quite useful in battle IMO

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

To counter the weaknesses I have (I think)

Sorry if I did a bad job of explaining my Pokemon, I'm quite new and don't know how to describe them yet. Hopefully, if you read this you can kinda rate and change anything on this team. Thanks!

This is a pretty solid team, but Mega Medicham could probably sweep this(except for Mega Latios I think). Also, you may have a hard time breaking through stall. But other than that, this team is pretty good, especially for a first

This is a pretty solid team, but Mega Medicham could probably sweep this(except for Mega Latios I think). Also, you may have a hard time breaking through stall. But other than that, this team is pretty good, especially for a first
Thanks for the reply! But what do you think i need to swap out or change to make this team better?

Felixx

I'm back.
Umm, I think I disagree with this being "a pretty solid team" (not trying to be mean, just honest). This team needs a lot of work, and why do you have two megas?

Let's fix this team up...
https://pokepast.es/78265d52a609f0ef

This team takes the idea of a bulky offense defensive core of Heatran + Tapu Bulu, and also has a common but effective wallbreaking core of scarf Kartana + scarf Magnezone.

*Tran is Offensive Z-Magma to break holes into balance/stall teams with m-sableye or gliscor. Usually timid is preferred, even I prefer timid most of the time, but of recently I find that modest makes more sense since timid was only really needed for jolly bulu, jolly bish, jolly hera (don't run this), all of which are extremely uncommon, and modest Z-magma OHKOs gliscor and gets better earth power rolls vesus Pex.

*Bulu is AV to check revelant threats like Lando-T, Ash-Gren, Lele, Latios, just a nice blanket check.

*Magnezone + Kart: I took your Zone support idea and paired it with Scarf Kart to break holes into teams with grassy terrain boosted leaf blades, also provides defog support to keep hazards off so Tran and Bulu stay healthy. Zone is also scarfed to revenge kill opposing SD Kart which can break apart the team (or any team) without a Lando to keep it at bay.

*Clef is here for rocks, checks Lucha which is a huge threat to a team not carrying a Koko or Pinsir to check it.

*Ash-Gren is in the last slot to spike stack and be a general win-con late game, extra priority is always nice for the team (picks off Lucha), Tran can get rid of or weaken Bulu and Pex so Ash-Gren can dark pulse spam.

Overall, this team got entirely revamped, so I hope you like it.

Stories

now I am become eepy, taker of naps.
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to assume you want to build off of Mega Latios, so I'm gonna edit your team to support it.

The Mega Latios set is going to need to be changed to better suit the current meta;

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Earthquake is to 2HKO Tyranitar and Magearna and OHKO Heatran. Draco Meteor could be replaced with Hidden Power Fire, but you have a Magnezone to trap things like Celesteela and Ferrothorn for Latios anyway.

Speaking of Magnezone, let's make it better check threats to Latios like Celesteela, Mega Scizor, and Ferrothorn.

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

This set allows you to Substitute on Pokemon like Ferrothorn, as well as the switches you force against Pokemon like Tapu Lele and Mew. Electrium Z can do tons of damage to typical Magnezone switchins like Heatran, and can OHKO Pokemon like Celesteela and Toxapex.

With a strong offensive core of Steel and Dragon, a fairy type would pair well.

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 56 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Tapu Bulu is a good Ash Greninja switchin, which you currently don't have, and also soft-checks Zygarde and Mega Gyarados, which beat your current two mons after a Dragon Dance. Grassy Terrain also supports Magnezone and the next partner I'm going to suggest; Heatran.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Heatran also greatly disrupts stall, which gives your team a lot of trouble. It's also just hard to switch into and can take on a lot of threats like Lati@s and most Protean Greninja sets.

Because your team lacks a Rocker and a Physically Defensive pivot, Landorus, of course, can fit on your team.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 24 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Basically Lando is god and you have no reason not to use it. (Gives you a Volt Switch immunity and it deals with so many things and can U-turn on things it doesn't deal with)

Because you lack a hazard clearer, I'm going to go with the odd choice of Empoleon, as your Tapu Lele switchins are limited.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Protect

You may find success with a different Defogger, but I think Empoleon fits fine on here. Empoleon is also paired very well with Tapu Bulu.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm locking your RMT for the time being as your descriptions are lacking and not up to the standard required by the forum rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at RMTs in Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)