Other Metagames [National Dex OU] Stall With a Bit of Offense that Wishes to Win

Right now I'm 20th on the ladder with a GXE of 83.3%. I'm not really good and I did not expect to even reach top 500, so it's a pleasant surprise. I did change the team a bit during laddering but not much and it seems to have improved from the changes.

The Team

Team Description

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Mega Aggron is part of a Steel & Dragon/Flying & Fairy core. Mega Aggron forms a great physical walling core with Salamence since they cover each other's weaknesses very well and Salamence can pass Wishes to Mega Aggron. Eathquake is important because this team struggles with Steel type Pokemon a bit. I use full SpD EVs so that it can set-up rocks against special attackers and so that he can more easily come in for wishes. He's a bit Dynamax bait though. All he can do against a Dynamax Pokemon is set up rocks and use Earthquake.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Roost
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

As stated earlier he forms a great physical walling core with Mega Aggron and covers the latter's lack of recovery with Wish. He's also one of my 2 entry hazard removers because entry hazards wear my team down quickly. He pairs well with Tentacrual since he is immume to ground and physically defensive.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sylveon covers the Fighting and Dragon weaknesses for when they come from special attackers. Sylveon goes well with Salamence because he covers Salamence's Dargon Weakness and is a special Wish passer so that I can often pass a Wish no matter if a physical or special attacker is out. This goes well with Mega Aggron who lacks recovery and with Tentacruel who only has Black Sludge. Porygon2, Mega Aggron, and Tentacruel are also vulnerable to being worn down by status hence why I must have a cleric. 16 SpD is to get an extra stat point for my EVs. In the past I've used Florges for this role but Sylveon hits harder and I did not use Synthesis anyway.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Knock Off

Liquid Ooze is great against Ferrothorn and Mega Venusaur. Knock Off is good against Ferrothorn and together with Liquid Ooze can disable all Ferrothorn's means of recovering. Ferrothorn is still hard to beat unless he gets burned by Scald. As stated before Tentacruel pairs well with Salamence to keep entry hazards off. He also pairs well with Sylveon for special walling since he resists both of Sylveon's weaknesses.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Discharge
- Secret Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Since I did not need a physical or special wall in particular, I made this a mixed wall. Fighting is his only weakness but I've got 2 specially defensive Pokemon and a physically defensive Pokemon who cover that. I used to have Trace with Toxic instead of Download and Secret Power but I did not often get good use out of those moves since Porygon mostly attacks offensive Pokemon on their weakness so I decided that Download is better for the SpA boost it can give. Secret Power allows me to use attack boosts and STAB and fish for Paralysis. Download is also better to counter Dynamaxing with. Many good Dynamaxers are weak to either Ice or Electric and Porygon gets extremely bulky when Dynamaxed.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

He's a revenge killer and wincon. Trick is for bulky Pokemon like Ferrothorn if the speed from Scarf is not needed anymore. I think this set is much better than Z-Conversion for my team because I'm often in a situation where the opponent can just kill my defensive Pokemon with extremely strong wall-breakers and thanks to Porygon-Z I can often get a kill for a kill. Stall does not seem to be too good this gen so it's good to have a revenge killer for those wall breakers. Also with Dynamaxing Scarf has become even better.

Aggron (M) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Scald
- Knock Off

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Discharge
- Secret Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Roost
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Conclusion

As stated before this team did much better than I expected. The Pokemon seem to have good synergy. Stall is pretty bad but Mega Aggron seems to be a solid wall and Porygon-Z allows me to get offensive when the stall plan is failing. However it can get pretty hard to win with this team and some Pokemon like Ferrothorn do not go down easily to it. I may also have missed good ways to improve it. Please rate my team and provide me with advice. I wish you a good day!

Last edited:
Not an actual rate, but a little change:

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
Sylveon is good, but Clefable actually outclasses it when it comes to Stall. There are multiple sets you can use but I would stick to the Wish passing set so that it retains Sylveon’s role:

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Calm Mind could be run but Heal Bell retains Sylveon’s role better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)