ORAS UU Nature's Beauty

Nature's Beauty | Presented by AllAttack

PREFACE

Hello there! I'm AllAttack, a room-driver in Competitive Tutoring on PS!, and an avid Pokémon and Dota 2 fan. I've played competitively for around a year and a half now. I enjoy various tiers from Ubers to UU to Doubles OU. The main reason why I'm making my 3rd RMT is that this is my 100th post! Without further ado, I'll get into it.

THE TEAM

TEAM ASSEMBLY

I built the team around Roar Suicune + Florges. The reason I decided to do so was because Suicune can sweep and deal with many threats in the tier such as Feraligatr while Florges can support it with Wish and Aromatherapy, waking it up from Rest.

Mega Aerodactyl was added as it provided a solid fast-mode, helping significantly against more offensive teams, while it could check threats such as Mega Beedrill reliably.

Krookodile helped by trapping Pokémon such as Hoopa and with its ability to threaten some of Aerodactyl's checks such as Slowking, while Aerodactyl beat some of its counters like Chesnaught. Krookodile also helped the team vs. things like Swords Dance Bullet Punch Lucario.

Forretress was essential as I needed a solid check to Mega Abomasnow and hazard control. This Rapid Spin + hazard was really needed to pressure opposing teams and to stop my team getting worn down. Forrretress also had good synergy with Florges, as it could pass Wishes to restore Forretress's health.

Heracross was added due to its ability to beat Snorlax, which the team struggled with. In addition, it provided another check to opposing Suicune and Reuniclus, two threatening bulky set-up sweepers.

DETAILED ANALYSIS

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald

- Rest

- Roar

- Sleep Talk

I decided to run a Roar set on Suicune as it is very effective at phazing threats which are otherwise hard to deal with. Scald is the attacking move of choice as it gains STAB and it has a high chance to burn the foe, making it easier for Suicune to disrupt the opponent while making it easier to sweep for itself. Rest is to recover Suicune's health, and while it makes Suicune set-up fodder, this recovery is essential to stay healthy and Aromatherapy from Florges mitigates this issue. The EVs let Suicune be physically defensive to deal with these threats such as Feraligatr. I chose to run Leftovers as it allows Suicune to recover passively, improving its longevity because it lives significantly longer with this. 240 HP hits a Leftovers number as well while the rest of the EVs are put into Special Defense to take special hits slightly better.

•••

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis

- Calm Mind

- Moonblast

- Aromatherapy

Florges is a bulky set-up sweeper with the set of Calm Mind. Synthesis is for instant recovery which lets it boost up and Calm Mind improves Florges's Special Attack and Special Defense Aromatherapy lets Florges deal with status, in particular, Suicune's self-inflicted status from Rest. Moonblast is the attack for STAB and dealing with various things such as Heracross, Salamence and Krookodile, while also preventing Florges from being Taunt-fodder. The full defense lets Florges checks these threats better and Fighting-spam as well as it can. In addition, its Special Defense is boosted by Calm Mind anyhow. Leftovers allows Florges to recover every turn helping it survive longer, and Protect especially works well with it.

•••

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge

- Aerial Ace

- Roost

- Earthquake

Mega Aerodactyl is the fast mode for the team, outpacing nearly everything in the metagame. Stone Edge and Aerial Ace are STAB, the former a more powerful one, while the latter is for reliability and hitting Pokémon such as Chesnaught and Lucario. Roost is there for stallbreaking ability and provide reliable recovery which lets it consistently check things such as Mega Beedrill and Crobat. Earthquake nails Lucario and hits Cobalion harder.The EVs and nature let Aerodactyl capitalise on its brilliant Speed tier while maximizing its power. Unnerve can be used for niche revenging of things such as Custap Forretress as the foe cannot activate its berry.

•••

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock

- Earthquake

- Knock Off

- Pursuit

Krookodile provides Stealth Rock which is essential for every team's hazard control. Earthquake is a reliable STAB hitting Pokémon such as Florges hard. Knock Off is used for the utility it provides; removing the foe's item is amazing and it also nails Reuniclus ,Cresselia and other Psychic- and Ghost-types. Pursuit allows me to trap these aforementioned Pokémon. Max Speed with a Jolly allows me to revenge kill Lucario, which would otherwise be a bigger issue, and the attack EVs are put in for wallbreaking power. Black Glasses is used for the power boost to Krookodile's Dark-type STABs.

•••

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin

- Spikes

- Volt Switch

- Gyro Ball

Forretress is here for its hazard-controlling capabilities. Spikes is used to pressure the opponent and Rapid Spin removes hazards on my side of the field. Gyro Ball is used to hit Pokémon such as Mega Aerodactyl and Mienshao hard, as Forretress has abysmal speed, while Volt Switch is used for momentum when it forces certain Pokémon out. The EV spread boosts Forretress's HP, improving its general bulk, and defense while the nature adds to Forretress's great physical bulk. Leftovers is for passive recovery which really helps Forretress with its longevity. Overcoat lets it switch into some moves such as Amoonguss's Spore and Roserade's Sleep Powder.

•••

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance

- Close Combat

- Knock Off

- Megahorn

Heracross is running Swords Dance to wallbreak very well in conjuction with Krookodile. Close Combat is an excellent STAB which is reliable, while Megahorn hits things like Cresselia which would be problematic for Heracross otherwise. Knock Off provides essential coverage on Chandelure and general utility. Max Speed with a Jolly nature allows it to outpace Mamoswine, Chandelure without a Choice Scarf, and Feraligatr and the attack boosts Heracross's power. If you choose to run Adamant, you get an extra 10% boost to your attack which is helpful, and you still outspeed things such as Timid Hoopa.

FORMER SETS

Suicune
Calm Mind > Sleep Talk

Krookodile
Choice Band set > Black Glasses set

Forretress

Stealth Rock > Spikes and 96 Def / 160 SpD > 252 Def / 4 SpD

Florges
Wish + Protect variant > Calm Mind + Synthesis

Aerodactyl
Hone Claws > Earthquake

ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE

IMPORTABLE

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature

- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Earthquake

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Heracross @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Megahorn

POSTFACE

Master Sunny-EX An amazing friend, thank you ever so much for building, testing and being a great friend.
FookMi? Very cool guy who's always honest and tries to help
MrAldo Nicest guy ever, always positive and friendly
Exeggutor Very cute and kind
Trinitrotoluene amazing at formatting, really kind, and thanks for the guides and help
Eyan Ever since I've joined PS!, you've always been there to help or have a laugh with, all the way back since 2014
Kreme it's fun how you have a different take of things and I've known you for ages.
Cyndequil. we joined around the same time, and we always competed together, with ranks and just in general. Shame to see you go, but I wish you luck in the future
Starmei the lizard who I can always insult :^)
Nedor good luck with your rating; you've always been a kind guy that I've done stuff with
Sparkychild so sweet and good luck with all your bots
yuruuu I love your innovation and chillness <3
SparksBlade cool guy, hope I can keep supplying you w/ teams
Arifeen memes .feen, nice friend who I talk to a lot

Everyone else in the Competitive Tutoring community; this has brought me to where I am today and I have many great memories which I have collected over the years.

Finally, thanks to all of you for reading my 100th post RMT. Any suggestions which improve the team without changing its nature or purpose would be great to have and with this, cya!

Last edited:

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey bro. Solid af team (where's my shoutout smh) one thing I notice about your team is that it suffers a lot from Mega Beedrill + Rotom-C + Doublade cores. Therefore, I'd suggest you to run Pursuit over Hone Claws on Aerodactyl since Beedrill loves to switch into Florges and you can predict a double and trap it easily. Hone Claws isn't really needed since you have Heracross and Krookodile as wallbreakers. On another note, your team also looks weak to Substitute + Swords Dance Cobalion, since it can setup on Forretress, Florges, Krookodile if it's locked into anything other than Earthquake, and therefore, Earthquake over Hone Claws on Aerodactyl is also an option. That's about it though, really solid team friend. Good luck!

Yo man. Nice team, basically a "goodstuffs" balance UU squad, Krook and Hera wallbreaking and aero to clean up, backed by the usual fairy/steel/water. However it looks like you absolutely need Sleep Talk > Calm Mind on Suicune as any free turns given to Cobalion, Lucario (especially NP), any variant of Gatr, DD Salamence, and even CM Florges can be massively painful for your team. With Sleep Talk you can act as a check to these rather than simply giving them additional setup. I guess CM > Wish Florges is an option to use in conjunction with this, although Forry Hera and Krook would still appreciate the Wish support. But yeah I think Sleep Talk Roar is basically a must for this team.

In addition, I'd have to support EQ > Hone Claws Aero, letting you catch stuff like Empoleon and Cobalion which are pretty annoying for your team (especially the latter, also lets you OHKO Lucario from full which would be appreciated. I think you'll really come to enjoy the extra coverage.

One small thing to keep in mind is the possibility of using SR (Dread Plate) Krook along with Spikes Forry; while definitely not as necessary as the switch to Sleep Talk Suicune, it works really well with the new Suicune set as well as Florges and Aero since they all can abuse Spikes. Normally I'd miss the power that CB Krook provides since it can more reliably check stuff like Reuniclus, but with Hera in the back it's not too big a deal.

PS I like SD Hera as the last slot on this team, I've toyed around with Kyurem, LO Hydrei, LO CM Reuni, Roost Venomoth, and SD Cobalion in the last slot with Forry/Florges/Cune/Aero/Krook in case you want to give any of those a try.

Hey bro. Solid af team (where's my shoutout smh) one thing I notice about your team is that it suffers a lot from Mega Beedrill + Rotom-C + Doublade cores. Therefore, I'd suggest you to run Pursuit over Hone Claws on Aerodactyl since Beedrill loves to switch into Florges and you can predict a double and trap it easily. Hone Claws isn't really needed since you have Heracross and Krookodile as wallbreakers. On another note, your team also looks weak to Substitute + Swords Dance Cobalion, since it can setup on Forretress, Florges, Krookodile if it's locked into anything other than Earthquake, and therefore, Earthquake over Hone Claws on Aerodactyl is also an option. That's about it though, really solid team friend. Good luck!
Yo man. Nice team, basically a "goodstuffs" balance UU squad, Krook and Hera wallbreaking and aero to clean up, backed by the usual fairy/steel/water. However it looks like you absolutely need Sleep Talk > Calm Mind on Suicune as any free turns given to Cobalion, Lucario (especially NP), any variant of Gatr, DD Salamence, and even CM Florges can be massively painful for your team. With Sleep Talk you can act as a check to these rather than simply giving them additional setup. I guess CM > Wish Florges is an option to use in conjunction with this, although Forry Hera and Krook would still appreciate the Wish support. But yeah I think Sleep Talk Roar is basically a must for this team.

In addition, I'd have to support EQ > Hone Claws Aero, letting you catch stuff like Empoleon and Cobalion which are pretty annoying for your team (especially the latter, also lets you OHKO Lucario from full which would be appreciated. I think you'll really come to enjoy the extra coverage.

One small thing to keep in mind is the possibility of using SR (Dread Plate) Krook along with Spikes Forry; while definitely not as necessary as the switch to Sleep Talk Suicune, it works really well with the new Suicune set as well as Florges and Aero since they all can abuse Spikes. Normally I'd miss the power that CB Krook provides since it can more reliably check stuff like Reuniclus, but with Hera in the back it's not too big a deal.

PS I like SD Hera as the last slot on this team, I've toyed around with Kyurem, LO Hydrei, LO CM Reuni, Roost Venomoth, and SD Cobalion in the last slot with Forry/Florges/Cune/Aero/Krook in case you want to give any of those a try.
Thanks a lot for both of these replies! I'll try EQ on Aerodactyl, and I tried CM Florges in the past and it didn't work great. Cynde has also suggested Sleep Talk Suicune so I'll go with that and Spikes + RoarCune is pretty good as running Dread Plate Krook frees up that space for Forretress.

AllAttack

this seems like a pretty good team at a glance; there are a lot of teams that entail the standard aero / krook / forre / cune type thing at the moment, although honestly i think you can have some better set choices here

i would definitely consider changing krook to a sr variant and putting spikes over sr on forre. you lose a bit of outright offensive pressure, yeah, but this gives you a bit more of role compression, and with spikes + roar cune it makes it a lot easier for the rest of ur team to do its thing. you won't miss cb on krook too much either, because you still have the benefit of pursuit trappin shit, which is virtually required if you're running non-custap forre.

with that being said, i think a fairly cohesive way to go from there is using sleep talk > cm on cune. you already have both hc aero and sd hera so you don't really need to go overkill, plus phazing gatr and such is really beneficial seeing as how it's your primary answer to it.

this is more of a personal preference than anything, but seeing as how opposing florges is kind of annoying for this team, i would consider the usage of adamant roseli sd hera here, as you can kind of bluff the choiced set since you don't show lefties recovery, and since a fair amount of defensive teams rely on florges as their hera switch-in, you can really overwhelm them if you manage to play it like cb, if that makes sense. alternatively you could just go cm florges over wish but i really think you need the wish recovery for cune / forre. another personal pref is goin wing attack > aa cause more pp + same power, which is kind of helpful in specific situations vs stall builds, tbh it's honestly one of those "better safe than sorry" things that probably will never really happen but is nice to have in case it does.

thats all i really got, hope i helped

e: wow f*ck dodmen for snipin

I forgot to mention if you're still using SR Forry, Bronzong is worth looking into to check Nidos and Shaymin better (both big threats for you atm) and Aero a bit better, at the cost of being a bit weaker to Bee and probably needing to fit a Defogger (SDef Mandi maybe) > Hera. But that's just a variation of the team you could try out.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Like dodmen said, this is like the "goodstuffs" of balance so I like it A LOT (a major balance player here) and I will happily rate this for you! :)
  • First off, I second dodmen's suggestion of running Sleep Talk > Calm Mind on Suicune as like dodmen said it just means all kinds of opposing setup sweepers can't use your Rest turns for the setup bait they are now currently.
  • Second, while not necessary, I really like the idea of Status Orb Hera > Lefties Hera. While it would somewhat get worn down quicker, it becomes an automatic status absorber and a wallbreaker that can get past Florges really easily. Plus it can get recovery from Florges thanks to WishPassing.
Heracross @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Facade

Other than that, dodmen and bouff pretty much have said what needs to be said lmao. Hopefully my minimal changes help, and I gotta say I really like this team :)

Hey man, cool team. Looks like a very classic and good balance squad. I like a lot of what the other raters have posted but this is what I would do with the team if I were you.

First off, I would go CM -----> Sleep Talk on Suicune. This would let you keep a steady check to common offensive threats like Feraligatr. Rest w/ no Sleep talk is always sort of an awkward set and it can bite you in the ass sometimes. Next I would change Florges to a CM + Synthesis variant to replace Suicune's slot as a bulky wincon. I would go Dread Plate + Stealth Rock > CB on Krookodile. This lets you free up the slot for Spikes on Forretress and roll compression is nice. Since I already mentioned Forry, I recommend Max Defense on Forretress since Spdef investment is pretty much useless as well as the set making Forretress have trouble checking the pokemon it is suppose to check without max defense. Your reasoning for the investment(To take Blizzard from Abomasnow) is really silly since Forretress cant touch Abomasnow since it does negative damage(kidding) with Gyro Ball. I would opt for Earthquake > Roost / Hone Claws on Aerodactyl. EQ would help a ton to hit pokemon like Cobalion which pose a huge threat to the team as well as Nidoqueen. I personally run Adamant but its all personally preference. I would keep Hone Claws but I could see why you would want roost if you are making Florges CM w/ no Wish pass. My final suggestion would be Flame Orb > Leftovers on Hera. This set is overall a lot stronger although it can get whittled down quite easily. If you run this set run Facade > Megagorn / Knock Off as it does crazy amounts of damage.

Good looking team dude, it looks really nice!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's not a ton that I can add here regarding changes that others haven't already suggested; as previous folks have mentioned, RoarTalk Suicune + Spikes Forry + Rocks Krook sounds like a great set of changes for the team.

On a more minor note, shifting Suicune's EV spread to 240 HP/216 Def/52 Speed lets you hit a Defense jump point, while not missing any relevant Speed benchmarks. With Sleep Talk breaking Roar's negative priority, the fact that you might lose out against opposing CM + Roar Suicunes is less of a big deal, so I think it's worth it in this case. For Heracross, I personally like going with 40 HP/252 Attack/216+ Speed to get a solid mix of Speed and bulk - while you have a really reliable answer to Mamo in Suicune, you still don't want to be forced out by the threat of its Icicle Crash, which does >80% to Hera.

Great team!

Like dodmen said, this is like the "goodstuffs" of balance so I like it A LOT (a major balance player here) and I will happily rate this for you! :)
  • First off, I second dodmen's suggestion of running Sleep Talk > Calm Mind on Suicune as like dodmen said it just means all kinds of opposing setup sweepers can't use your Rest turns for the setup bait they are now currently.
  • Second, while not necessary, I really like the idea of Status Orb Hera > Lefties Hera. While it would somewhat get worn down quicker, it becomes an automatic status absorber and a wallbreaker that can get past Florges really easily. Plus it can get recovery from Florges thanks to WishPassing.
Heracross @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Facade

Other than that, dodmen and bouff pretty much have said what needs to be said lmao. Hopefully my minimal changes help, and I gotta say I really like this team :)
Hey man, cool team. Looks like a very classic and good balance squad. I like a lot of what the other raters have posted but this is what I would do with the team if I were you.

First off, I would go CM -----> Sleep Talk on Suicune. This would let you keep a steady check to common offensive threats like Feraligatr. Rest w/ no Sleep talk is always sort of an awkward set and it can bite you in the ass sometimes. Next I would change Florges to a CM + Synthesis variant to replace Suicune's slot as a bulky wincon. I would go Dread Plate + Stealth Rock > CB on Krookodile. This lets you free up the slot for Spikes on Forretress and roll compression is nice. Since I already mentioned Forry, I recommend Max Defense on Forretress since Spdef investment is pretty much useless as well as the set making Forretress have trouble checking the pokemon it is suppose to check without max defense. Your reasoning for the investment(To take Blizzard from Abomasnow) is really silly since Forretress cant touch Abomasnow since it does negative damage(kidding) with Gyro Ball. I would opt for Earthquake > Roost / Hone Claws on Aerodactyl. EQ would help a ton to hit pokemon like Cobalion which pose a huge threat to the team as well as Nidoqueen. I personally run Adamant but its all personally preference. I would keep Hone Claws but I could see why you would want roost if you are making Florges CM w/ no Wish pass. My final suggestion would be Flame Orb > Leftovers on Hera. This set is overall a lot stronger although it can get whittled down quite easily. If you run this set run Facade > Megagorn / Knock Off as it does crazy amounts of damage.

Good looking team dude, it looks really nice!
There's not a ton that I can add here regarding changes that others haven't already suggested; as previous folks have mentioned, RoarTalk Suicune + Spikes Forry + Rocks Krook sounds like a great set of changes for the team.

On a more minor note, shifting Suicune's EV spread to 240 HP/216 Def/52 Speed lets you hit a Defense jump point, while not missing any relevant Speed benchmarks. With Sleep Talk breaking Roar's negative priority, the fact that you might lose out against opposing CM + Roar Suicunes is less of a big deal, so I think it's worth it in this case. For Heracross, I personally like going with 40 HP/252 Attack/216+ Speed to get a solid mix of Speed and bulk - while you have a really reliable answer to Mamo in Suicune, you still don't want to be forced out by the threat of its Icicle Crash, which does >80% to Hera.

Great team!
Thanks for all the rates! I agree with these changes regarding the sets and EVs and I'll test all of them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)