Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

It's still here, Good vs. a lot of physical attackers. Very notably Rillabloom, which is helpless even w/ Knock Off unless I've taken a ton of chip. Unburden has been a huge help, w/ just 12 EVs and a +Spe nature I outspeed up to +1 Urshifu, and it's not hard to activate w/ Sitrus. Zapdos is a huge pain though, since it probably Dynamaxes to avoid Destiny Bond. More than once in my few games last season it has been good vs. TTar despite weakness to both its STABs. I've seen some interesting times this actually works Dynamaxed, though that's not its role ofc.

1623023453031.png

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 84 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Dazzling Gleam

SpD EVs for an even number, and to give p2 wrong Download. I'm not sure about AV even after all this time. Outspeeds just up to Cinderace but I think that's the main thing. I'm really getting dubious about this thing. The main issue is Zapdos. It might take a pittance from the special STABs, but it can't out-damage Roost at all. If anyone has some clever ideas about a Roost Koko that can beat Zapdos better I'd love to hear them, otherwise I may need Rhyperior for Zapdos and baiting Rilla/Kartana for Drif. Alternatively Swampert(over Bisharp or Cinderace,) and Eerie Impulse Zapdos, maybe(I figure stat reduction needs SR to be worthwhile, I never really use SR?) I've had several wins due to a rare T-bolt para, thinking to change to Discharge to triple that occurence.

1623021773658.png

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Metal Burst

The newest addition, for no small part because of the Grimmsnarl match-up. Defiant for Spirit Break, 4x dark resist, screens breaking, immune to Prankster, and still somewhat physically bulky. I don't think you can do better vs. Grimm, and it deals the same way w/ Regieleki or fringe screeners you see too. Metal Burst has been a huge help for now, but I'm worried people will learn to play around it. Spe EVs for uninvested 85s. I'm not sure how well that works w/ Metal Burst, but I hardly need 252 HP on sash...I'm losing more than I'm winning, but due to misplays more than the team. I'd say this is a medium option, not the best, but it hasn't been bad. Defiant is nice for Landog maybe, and switching in on Phantasm/Max Darkness/Wyrmwind. In theory.

1623023468244.png

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Trick
- Moonblast

I'm not yet ready to change more than my Fini set from phys. def to this one, though I'm close. This has been pretty good, it can get some damage on Zapdos at least, unlike other Fini. Trick has messed up some stuff, like Ferro and even a mirror where I got Lefties and put those on P2 lol. Does Blizzard(10 more maxed BP and still ok-ish non-maxed,) make sense over Ice Beam? I'll probably change Scald since I can't hang around as much on Landog for burn fishing and have Ice Beam anyways.

1623023404048.png

Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

Gunk Shot to beat Fini, which walls Drifblim completely-I can't even burn it to double Hex's low dmg on it. Gunk Shot has been the main move, it feels like, the few times I bring Cinderace(used to bring it more when it was sash, now it feels naked.) Thinking to replace this, it doesn't work all that well w/ Drifblim thanks to Zapdos, Scarf Fini, and the fact it scares off Rilla and Kartana which Drif can take advantage of.

1623023428734.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 116 HP / 100 Atk / 4 Def / 76 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

EVs mainly live Specs Fini Ice Beam Dynamaxed and Nihilego Meteor Beam not Dynamaxed most of the time(or like 50%.) It has a chance vs. Dracovish as Dynamax too. Takes Surging Strikes and aqua Jet too. Also 2 Flash Cannons from Magnezone. It's been fast enough that I've seen, although more power would be nice. I really like WP for Fini mainly, enough that maybe my Cinderace could run Bounce>Gunk Shot, though I've yet to try that. Also great w/ P2, earlier dropped P2's SpA by 2 stages w/ Moonblast, and Landog was able to se-up very comfortably on Ice Beam. Stone Edge for Zapdos, you for sure can't have enough stuff for Zapdos. Also I've learned it's major for Moltres-K which I'm weak to. This has probably been the main mon I feel safe bringing any time.

Drifblim, Landog, and Fini are likely here to stay, though sets can vary. Otherwise not sold on anything. Largely cause of Zapdos, I probably need more for it. Some variant of Mimikyu, it's not clear yet which I'd go w/ though Curse is a given for the role at least, has been recommended. I'm thinking that over Bisharp to waste screens turns cause I'd be losing the ability to break them. Curse then messes up the screens-using sweeper. This also would help me vs. Cresselia who Bisharp only beats if it's mono-psychic coverage. I did finally reach Master Ball w/ this, at least. But noticing I have no switch-in for Naganadel, Heatran>Cinderace?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)