Tournament NUPL VIII: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
[cool banner]​

With SS NU coming out of beta in just under a week, its time to get rolling on the newest edition of NUPL. As it stands, the only change from last year is reducing the slots in the tournament back down to 8 from the 10 from last year, unless there is a larger surge in signups compared to the last year. There might be some changes to manager pricing, we're looking at potential alternatives so any input on that during these signups would be helpful.

These are the teams that are coming over from last year. Team names can stay the same despite the mons being removed / in another tier, but we will not be against franchises changing names this edition to a mon that is currently in the tier.

:vivillon: The Vibrant Vivillons
:kingler: The Krusty Krabs
:mesprit: The Mesmerizing Mesprits
:musharna: The Moneymaker Musharnas
:palossand: The Pablo Sands
:piloswine: The Pile of Swines
:samurott: The Sacred Samurotts
:lilligant: The Listless Lilligants

Price lists from last year: https://pastebin.com/n0LWHXPN

Managers will be chosen based on experience in NU tournaments (most notably NUPL and SPL), involvement in the community, competence™, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities we're looking for and which team you would like to take over if you have a preference. No shitposts masquerading as sign up posts, so no "in" posts please.

Deadline for Manager Sign Ups will be Sunday, March 29th at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -4).

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I would like to take over the Pile of Swines.

As a members of the Swines last year, I experienced something special. Everyone working together in harmony, hoping to get the coveted Swine of the Week award. Through victory and defeated, all of the Swines came together as one. Whether it be Tsunami Yahallo's unique perspective of in-game mechanics or elodin's steadfast interpretation of who has won and who has lost, everyone on the Swines contributed to the collective performance that led to our championship.

Taking over the Swines is no easy task. I have the support of elodin behind me and believe that I can recreate the unique culture of the Swines that made victory so easy.

I'd like to manage the pile of swines on behalf of the real leader of this new, yet very strong franchise, the burger.

I feel like I know the NU playerbase inside and out (except, perhaps, some of the new people that came with the introduction of gen 8), and I have enough experience playing in official tours, as well as a decent knowledge of most of the tiers in the tournament. Thus, I think I would be able to draft a solid team and fight for the 2nd victory in a row.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Here's the managers for NUPL VIII:

:vivillon:The Vibrant Vivillons: rozes
:kingler:The Krusty Krabs: Kiyo
What was the mesprits: Sjneider
:musharna:The Moneymaker Musharnas: Raseri
:arctozolt:The Pablo Zolts: lax
Rebranded from The Pablo Sands​
:piloswine:The Pile of Swines: Garay oak
:samurott:The Sacred Samurotts: Osh
:clefairy:Clefairy Coalition: Disjunction
Rebranded from The Listless Lilligants​

Player sign ups will be out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)