PU Octillery (mini)

uploading -mz
Discussed on Discord with Megazard and he told me I had his permission to do this.

QC: tondas / TJ
GP: frostration
Finished!
[OVERVIEW]

Octillery might appear to possess some potential with its good Special Attack and vast movepool, but its middling Speed and lackluster bulk gives it a more difficult time to switch in safely. Octillery faces overwhelming competition from Ludicolo and Choice Specs Jellicent as Water-type wallbreakers due to them having far more opportunities to switch in by virtue of their secondary typings. Octillery can only use its poor Speed to its advantage in the niche archetype of Trick Room, but it even faces competition there from Wishiwashi, which has better bulk and humongous Special Attack that invalidates multiple niches that Octillery could have.

[SET]
name: Trick Room
move 1: Hydro Pump / Surf
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Energy Ball
item: Life Orb
ability: Sniper
nature: Quiet
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

This set attempts to utilize Octillery as a wallbreaker on Trick Room with a Life Orb to allow Octillery to fire off its good coverage. However, there is close to no possible reason to use Octillery over Wishiwashi, which has a Special Attack stat that can massively dent the opposition under Trick Room while also having slightly superior bulk and slower Speed in conjunction with Trick Room.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[BackAtYouBro, 451000]]
- Quality checked by: [[tondas, 442732], [TJ, 331538]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited by a moderator:

gum

for the better
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi am check. implement what you like / until qc tells u to do
Discussed on Discord with Megazard and he told me I had his permission to do this.

QC: */ */
GP: */

[OVERVIEW]
Octillery might appear to possess some potential with its decent Special Attack and movepool, also i would say good spa, 105 is p good (also mention good attack too), but its middling Speed and lackluster bulk jeapordizes :blobglare: its opportunities to switch-in. Octillery faces overwhelming competition from Choice Specs Jellicent and Ludicolo as a Water-type wallbreaker due to the latter having more switch-ins due to their typing or the former having a stronger Special Attack and Speed. this doesn't rlly make sense, jelli also has more opportunities to come in. both have lower spa btw Octillery can only use its poor Speed to its advantage in the niche archetype of Trick Room, but it even faces competition there from Wishiwashi who’s better bulk and humongous Special Attack invalidates any possible niche that Octillery could have. tbf, octillery does have a better movepool and ability

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to utilize Octillery as a wallbreaker on Trick Room with a Life Orb to allow Octillery to fire off its alright coverage. good coverage However, there is no possible reason to use Octillery over Wishiwashi who’s Special Attack can massively put a dent on the opposition under Trick Room while also having slightly superior bulk. octillery has a good movepool and better ability so i wouldn't say no reason, maybe smth like close to no reason.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

tondas

This hennessy is gonna be the death of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Octillery might appear to possess some potential with its decent Special Attack and movepool, also i would say good spa, 105 is p good (also mention good attack too)
Just keep SpA, I know its phys attack also pops out somewhat but it's not like you're using it.

Everything else I wanted to say is covered in the check so implement for QC 1/2 :blobthumbsup:

TJ

Banned deucer.
is the Smogon Tour Season 34 Championis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion

QC: tondas / *
GP: */

[OVERVIEW]
Octillery might appear to possess some potential with its good Special Attack and vast movepool, but its middling Speed and lackluster bulk gives it a more difficult time to switch-in safely. Octillery faces overwhelming competition from Choice Specs Jellicent and Ludicolo as Water-type wallbreakers due to them having far more opportunities to switch-in by virtue of their secondary typings. Octillery can only use its poor Speed to its advantage in the niche archetype of Trick Room, but it even faces competition there from Wishiwashi who’s better bulk and humongous Special Attack invalidates multiple niches that Octillery could have.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to utilize Octillery as a wallbreaker on Trick Room with a Life Orb to allow Octillery to fire off its good coverage. However, there is close to no possible reason to use Octillery over Wishiwashi who’s Special Attack can massively put a dent on the opposition under Trick Room while also having slightly superior bulk. (ig wishi underspeeds a lot more things under trickroom as well)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[tondas, 442732], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
2/2, not much to say here. Good Job.

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Octillery might appear to possess some potential with its good Special Attack and vast movepool, but its middling Speed and lackluster bulk gives it a more difficult time to switch in [remove hyphen] safely. Octillery faces overwhelming competition from Ludicolo and Choice Specs Jellicent and Ludicolo [original wording implied that Ludicolo runs choice specs] as Water-type wallbreakers due to them having far more opportunities to switch in [remove hyphen] by virtue of their secondary typings. Octillery can only use its poor Speed to its advantage in the niche archetype of Trick Room, but it even faces competition there from Wishiwashi, [AC] who’s which has better bulk and humongous Special Attack that invalidates multiple niches that Octillery could have.

[SET]
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
This set attempts to utilize Octillery as a wallbreaker on Trick Room with a Life Orb to allow Octillery to fire off its good coverage. However, there is close to no possible reason to use Octillery over Wishiwashi, [AC] who's which has a Special Attack stat that can massively put a dent on the opposition under Trick Room while also having slightly superior bulk and slower Speed in conjunction to with Trick Room.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)