DPP Ubers Offensive Team for Ubers

So, I finally reinstall ShoddyBattle and check out the Ubers Leaderboard (haven given up on OU, due my sucking). I've dropped from 5th-ish to 18th in my on-and-off last 3 months; I try out my old bulky-sweeper team and find it is way past it's prime. After fooling around with Maniac's old team (which garners slightly more favourable results) for a good long while, I bring myself to the conclusion that I am need of another new Ubers Team. I decide I want to try something new out; a change of pace from the pseudo-Stall i've been playing. In fact, going as far as to not use the same Groudon/Kyogre (Dual-weather) or Bliss/Lugia combos i'd had used endlessly in the past.

This was to be an offensive team. An experimental one in a few ways, using alot of non-standard templates as well as a few theorymen sets i've had in my head for a while. Based somewhat off one of Articanus' Uber teams, as well as Husk's 'Astral Projection' squad, I found what i was looking for. Screen Support, fast residual setups and do-or-die sweepers.
While this team does have a few 'elements of surprise' it can function reasonably well in repeated battles which is something this team also thrives on. I know this probably doesn't belong in a RMT, but the psychological aspect of this team is also pretty menacing. Designed to get massive pay-offs from very threatening sweepers, this can and has really demoralise a few opponents who now immediately forfeit the match when staring me down (giving me a decent chunk of points in the meantime).

Without further ado,

Deoxys-e @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Superpower
---
My lead-off and the rough equivalent to a suicide lead. Has never failed to get Stealth Rocks up. People often expect Mixed Sweeping sets, giving me ample time to set up Spikes as well. Usually, I can get Stealth Rocks and at least one layer of Spikes as Deoxys' defences can usually weather a hit. Superpower is mostly filler but it 2HKOs Darkrai which is something that can get very annoying for this team.
However, I wouldn't mind giving it something to combat those annoying-as-ass Kyogres. They're a major problem to this team, as I'll elaborate upon later. Taunt shuts down other like-minded lead off pokemon.

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SpA)
- Explosion
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Hypnosis

Part 2 of the setup. Once entry hazards have been setup and Deoxys-S has fallen, this guy steps in, sleeps something then proceeds to setup Dual Screens, followed by exploding. Also, my main counter to Groudon w/out Fire Punch (which is practically all Groudon, anyway). Max SpDef to handle take one hit from a ScarfOgre and to then, shut it down with Hypnosis.

Very integral to the team as it protecting my fast and now, bulky beasts. Can usually take out at least two pokemon as well, sleeping the first and blowing up on the second. Allows for free-setup and a free switch-in to anyone of the next guys.
Since i'm not running Gyro Ball, i've got a 31 IV in Speed to outpace those Forry's who do run Gyro Ball.

---
Metagross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Pursuit / Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
---

My little ace-in-the-whole. When things look rough, Scarf Metagross steps in. Scarf Explosion is another great way to 'clear the field' or just rid myself of something annoying and tanky. Meteor Mash, attack ups make up for the lack of CB most of the time. I rarely see anyone switching it out from Metagross anymore, so Pursuit is becoming a little redundant. Earthquake on the other hand has 100 BP and hits Jirachi and Dialga for SE damage while hitting neutral on Palkia and Kyogre. A solid counter for SD Rayquaza as well.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Dragon Claw
- Flamethrower
---

Bread and Butter sweeper. SD and Extremespeed. Dual Screens protect it from other priority fiends and as well as Lugia's Ice Beam. Sweeps alot of teams on it's own. Not much to explain here.

Tyranitar (M) @ Lum Berry
- Taunt
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
---

Here's that theorymon sweeper. Standard DD/Taunt Tyranitar, but boy does it work a treat. Taunt neutralises WoW from Giratina and Whirlwind/Reflect from Lugia. Meanwhile their Ice Beams, Dragon Claws, Dragon Pulses or Shadow Claws (lulz) are made ineffective thanks to the SpDef boost and dual-screens. Meanwhile Lum protects me from any unexpected Status effects, which are immediately followed by a Taunt. Only really counter is Groudon and Garchomp whose earthquakes usually bait a Bronzong switch-in.

This can usually grab a total of 2 Dragon Dances, once on the switch to a generic wall like Lugia or Giratina and the second after they've been taunted. Lum also alleviates the likes of Toxic Spikes for a single switch in, and once Tyranitar comes it's unlikely it'll be going until it's a taken a few down with him.

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
---
Simple but effective. Flamethrower and Grass Knot provide excellent coverage and have roasted quite a few Scizors, Metagrosses and Forretress' in it time. Every other pokemon on this team can setup or annihilate Blissey in a move or two and by the time, I bring this out, it's usually late game and i'm just cleaning up.

(Major) THREAT LIST:

Kyogre:
Choice Variants have the potential to wipe the floor with me. Especially lead-off variants. As Specs or Scarf Water Spout will knock and underspeed my Deoxys either way, I have no way to tell which is which, and my 'counters' are dependent on me knowing it's item. For example, If it's specs'd, I can send in my Mewtwo or Metagross and eiher GK or Explode on it respectively. If it's scarf'd, Bronzong takes a hit, sleeps it, then sets up Screens. If i mix that process up, i'd be down a Deoxys and either one of my sweepers or my Bronzong.
Not to mention, rain really ruins on Mewtwo's ability to consistently knock out that annoying Scizor/Forry (who stops the TTar sweeps).

Forretress:
Toxic Spikes are a real bummer for LO Mewtwo, forcing it take 20% each turn (after just one layer). Not to mention ones with Gyro Ball really reckon Tyranitar up. Also walling Metagross, Rapid Spinning away Entry Hazards and setting up against Bronzong can get very annoying. Lucky they're pretty rare nowadays and even then, they fall for Mewtwo's flamethrower.

As you can see my 'counters' for these are Shaky at best and would like to know some ways to deal with these threats.

Thanks. I might get around to putting in some pictures later, but ehh.

Looks like a decent Uber team Train Man, but I have a few queries I'd like to raise.

Firstly, some of the natures are weird. Deoxys-E is running Timid with Superpower as the only attack. Jolly seems much more sensible to preserve your Attack, I don't think he can guarantee a 2HKO on even 0/0 Darkrai otherwise. Why Hasty on Mewtwo? You're not using physical attacks so it seems unnecessary to lower your Defense.

As for your team in general, you're right in citing Kyogre as a huge problem for your team. To give you more assurance against lead variants I'm tempted to suggest Mirror Coat + Focus Sash on Deoxys-E. Now for this you'd obviously have to forfeit your Lum Berry, but I'm curious as to how useful that is on a Pokemon that can outrun and Taunt everything? I guess it helps ease prediction against Darkrai with Dark Pulse/Void (or perhaps the odd scarf variant, who OHKOs anyway without a Sash), but other than that it seems kinda redundant. Plus with Focus sash you can afford to drop the HP EVs and pump Attack, allowing you a great chance to OHKO 252/0 Tyranitar and 2HKO most Heatran. Deoxys-E won't be surviving more than one attack in Ubers anyway so the loss of bulk isn't that hurtful. You'd also need to drop something to accommodate Mirror Coat, which leads me to question just how important Spikes are for this team. You lack a spin blocker and your team is very offensive, so the only reason for it would be to help secure important 1-2HKOs on certain Pokemon. If that is the case then ignore that suggestion, but otherwise it is difficult to suggest any alternative to the set you already have.

Other than that there is nothing much left for me to suggest other than Fire Blast is always an option on Mewtwo to guarantee that OHKO on Scizor in the rain. You risk 15% chance to miss but the payoff is worth it in some situations. Also guarantees a 2HKO on Wish/Protect Jirachi outside the rain for what it's worth.

I don't play ubers but Rayquaza should be Adamant as you have a priority move to make up for Spe.

You should consider Thunder on Mewtwo to take down pokes in the rain, probably over Grass Knot.

Not much else to fix.

I'm incredibly tired so I just thought I'd make a few small suggestions. If your not running Gyro Ball why use Sassy nature on Bronzong? Might as well replace it with +SpD -SpA. I'm not sure of the nature so you'd have to look it up yourself.

I'm also like to point out that throwing Thunder on Deoxys over Spikes could help out your Kyogre problem. Stealth Rock hits everything in the game so you won't need to worry about any random Focus Sash ruining your fun. Even without the SpA EV's it can save you from getting swept by a Choice Spec'd Water Spout since nothing on this team can can safely switch in.

It also seems like you have some Dialga problems. Nothing on this team seems like it would like switching into a Draco Meteor only followed by a Fire Blast. I would at least consider Earthquake on Rayquaza for this problem. Also consider a MixQuaza over your current one. A Draco Meteor / Outrage / Extreemspeed / Earthquake or Fire Blast set can cause alot of damage. You could then switch Mewtwo into the standard Taunt+Calm Mind or Substitute+Calm Mind. The dual screens make it really easy for him to set up.

Last but not least why Naive on Mewtwo with no physical attacks?

Overall nice team. Hope I helped and good luck!

since you're using Superpower on Deoxys-S wouldn't you want ot use a Jolly nature instead of Timid?

Heh, thanks for the catches on the natures guys. I shuffled around the movesets recently and forgot to alter the finer things.

@ Lemmiwinks,
Mirror Coat/Sash Deoxys does look pretty tempting but not only would i have to forgoe my Lum but i'd have to lose an attack as well. Taunt is pretty much necessary, while SR/Spikes is of the utmost importance. I guess Superpower isn't too important as it's primary use is for breaking the Sash's on lead off Darkrai's.

I need Jolly on Ray to always outspeed non-scarf Dialga's as well as tying against opposing Rayquazas at the worst.

If Fire Blast ensures the 2HKO on Jirachi as well as on Scizor in the rain, i'm in. Though i'm so wary of that 15% lol. Thanks for the fixes, guys.

I've also been testing out your Deoxys lead (as you could tell by our battles yesterday), and a lot of good Darkrai users are starting to expect Taunt on Deoxys and are just Dark Pulsing off the bat. Life Orb Dark Pulse is a solid 127% OHKO, just something I think you should look into. Maybe consider giving it a Focus Sash or a move other than Superpower.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)