Data Old Pokemon With New Abilities : How Will it Affect Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what the point was upgrading Plusle / Minun, since they haven't been even remotely popular since gen. 3
To add another strategy for Doubles: Spamming Discharge (which hits teammates). However I prefer Plus/Minus which allows them to OHKO ground/rock types right off the bat with Grass Knot (which is what lots of people send out due to team preview.)

Do we even know if it got taken away, I think there were 2 slots for hidden abilities so it's possible that this is just another one, we would need to see it Quick Feet Scolipede changes abilities when transferred in December but maybe Chandy still has some hope (now the question about when will they release it?)
Has anyone tried using an ability capsule on a pokemon that has a new hidden ability over their old one? That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Unaware Clefable is astounding. With leftovers and softboiled and heal bell nothing can status it down, nothing can boost up their stats, it shuts down dragons, it continuously heals right back up, and its movepool is spectacular. Moonblast is a great stab, boltbeam is ok, fireblast is great, hell you could run belly drum + knock off. On the support side we have sing, stealth rock, sunny day, rain dance, screens, gravity, and so much more.

Try Unaware Clefable! Literally the only thing you need to avoid is Steel STABs

Unaware Clefable is astounding. With leftovers and softboiled and heal bell nothing can status it down, nothing can boost up their stats, it shuts down dragons, it continuously heals right back up, and its movepool is spectacular. Moonblast is a great stab, boltbeam is ok, fireblast is great, hell you could run belly drum + knock off. On the support side we have sing, stealth rock, sunny day, rain dance, screens, gravity, and so much more.

Try Unaware Clefable! Literally the only thing you need to avoid is Steel STABs
I'm still not sold on this. Clefable is still 2HKO'd by max SpAtk Volcarona's Fire Blast even with max SpDef. Same story for Thundurus-I's Thunderbolt, Blaziken's Flare Blitz, and Breloom's Bullet Seed. It loses hard to Venusaur, Scizor, Excadrill, and Iron Head Aeglidesh. Yeah you wall DD Nite, but is that really worth the loss of Magic Guard when you really can't wall any of the other common set-up sweepers?

Milotic now gets competetive. Whille she may appreciate the defense boost of marvel scale more, a little boost to her 100 special attack is still nice. It's too bad her main attacking moves got nerfed though
Yea I agree the nerfing sucks. It's good to see milotic finally having the potential to break out of the 'wall' mold. Perhaps milo would learn other new offensive moves this gen? It remains to be seen..

I still don't like its stats. I don't see it moving anywhere above NU (not even top NU)
The reason he was NU was because of his ability, Color Change, which was counter-active to his special defense. If he is in NU, his special tankiness along with a solid base 90 attack that is improved by quite a bit with Protean will make him a big threat. I really don't doubt his RU potential tbh. How can you say you don't like his stats when there are plenty of UU pokemon with similar spreads?

I get Gengar, because they have said Megas are supposed to be like Legendaries.

But I don't get Speed Boost. GF already saw how dangerous it was on a non-horrible pokemon like Blaziken, and then they decide to give it to Scolipede AND boost its stats.

I don't see much reason to run Infiltrator Chandelure. Flash Fire Lure is MUCH more dangerous, and if you manage to catch a Flash Fire during sun with Specs on, you can pretty much say GG to everything, as that thing outpowers SP Specs Zard, who can 2HKO Vaporeon with Fire Blast.
Ok, people don't get flash fire boosts that often because if you have a chandelure, they'll be more reluctant to hit a fire move. Just having that extra ability gives chandelure even more versitality and forces your opponant to play more conservatively. I overall think this was a good change to chandy because it gives him more options and doesn't make him broken af.

I guess I was thinking more of Granbull, which really misses its Normal Stab. The Ghost immunity is always nice, though.
Granbull gets play rough which is incredible. Once poke bank is out ice punch,play rough,crunch,and EQ could be viable in NU with choice band

Apparently, Zapdos has its Hidden Ability changed to Static. I must say, I am frickin' pressed. First, Zapdos was left out not receiving Hurricane unlike the other two legendary birds and now this... What kind of f*ckery? Although Static isn't that all of a useless ability -especially when used in conjunction with Zapdos's defensive sets- Lightningrod was just too hard to pass up. For me, immunity to Electric attacks plus a boost to Special Attack is much more appealing than a 30% chance to paralyze a foe.

Apparently, Zapdos has its Hidden Ability changed to Static. I must say, I am frickin' pressed. First, Zapdos was left out not receiving Hurricane unlike the other two legendary birds and now this... What kind of f*ckery? Although Static isn't that all of a useless ability -especially when used in conjunction with Zapdos's defensive sets- Lightningrod was just too hard to pass up. For me, immunity to Electric attacks plus a boost to Special Attack is much more appealing than a 30% chance to paralyze a foe.
Lightningrod was indeed zapdos's one chance to go offensive in ou and now it's just sucking thunt's d*** with its wasted 125 sp.atk:((

Also, zapdoses run would run discharge...if it wasnt for redundance with static -.-

I am glad that Chandelure got its ability changed. Now there is no fear of it getting banned and it still is a good revange killer, aspecially being able to bypass subs.
Disappointed that Zapdos now has static...now it is as useless as the other DW-Birds, unless somebody insist to run Flamebody on Moltres to cripple physical attackers, good luck with it.

Last edited:
I miss Competitive Milotic in the list.

This new abillity can give Milotic an option to run a sweeper set. A set not really considerd before in 5gen.

I think Wigglytuff's new typing is a bigger change than it's typing. Honestly, the odds of taking the sticky web is extremely low unless there's an Ariados hit by encore or something, which would usually be equipped with a magic cloak such things anyway. Also, infiltration could be pretty useful in uu considering it's a common set.

The reason he was NU was because of his ability, Color Change, which was counter-active to his special defense. If he is in NU, his special tankiness along with a solid base 90 attack that is improved by quite a bit with Protean will make him a big threat. I really don't doubt his RU potential tbh. How can you say you don't like his stats when there are plenty of UU pokemon with similar spreads?
Kechleon gets Protean?
This allows you to control the type instead of your opponent.

A lot of people are hyping Greninja as OU because of Protean. If that's the case, then I think Kechleon will make it into UU. Protean is a great ability. The only thing in his way is that Kechleon lacks the expansive movepool of Greninja. Kechleon is pretty much restricted to Return, Aqua Tail, Shadow Claw, and Areal Ace. Maybe some Hone Claws/Work Up to boost its stats.

EDIT: Oh! IT gets Sucker Punch! That'll be really nice.

Kecleon's physical movepool is actually fairly okay. Drain Punch, Fake Out, Sucker Punch, Shadow Sneak and the like allow really good coverage along with priority and healing, respectively. Recover is also a cool part of its movepool.

Does Scarf Chandelure outspeed Mega Gengar? Could Be handy to hit through its Subs,Other Pokemon don't enjoy Its massive attack hitting through their subs im sure.

Gothitelle has no speed so it should enjoy that ability alittle.
Yes it does, I used it to counter mega gengar before it got banned, be carefull though, scarfed max speed chandy outspeeds zam too but not mega zam (that cost me a game once )

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Chandelure with Inflitrator over Shadow Tag: RIP Chandelure. I remember you from DW OU in BW1. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

Game Freak couldn't release Zapdos with Lightningrod and Hurricane because it would just become such a dominating force in VGC. It would become the poster child for rain offence. First, Zapdos would have two 120 base power dual STAB's that have 100% accuracy which have good coverage. Second, water-types on a rain-team with Zapdos would not have to fear any Electric-type attack outside of Discharge (a spread move that hits both Pokemon). Even if you used Discharge, you still give Zapdos a +1 boost to Special Attack. Finally, prankster Thunder Wave, which is one of the best way to stop Swift Swimmers in BW (especially with Thundurus-I), would be useless. Game Freak didn't release DW Zapdos with Hurricane for the sake of the VGC metagame. Shadow Tag Chandulure was probably included in that pool for similar reasons.

I really want to try Wigglytuff now. I don't think it's going to be doing any sweeping, but it's new typing and ability do give it a unique edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)