SM OU OLT Cycle 2: All Eyes On Us (Team Based On Chakras & Energy) ~ (Peak 1993, until I tilted...)

Introduction:
===================

I was looking through older teams in my teambuilder to see what I could use to qualify for Cycle 2, and I noticed I had a prototype Skarm Latias concept that months later formed into this. Although it brought me to near 2k ELO peak right before the final day of the cycle, I ended up tilting hard to several games in a row of para, freeze and crit hax. By the time I tried recouping points the meta in mid-ladder had changed too much for the team to work as successfully. I peaked at rank 12 of the cycle.

First we will open the Earth chakra, located at the base of the spine. It deals with survival and is blocked by fear.... ~ Guru Pathik

मूलाधार - Muladhara (Hippowdon) (M) @ Passho Berry / Bright Powder
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

- Slack Off

Mixed Defensive Hippowdon performs as a physical wall at the same time of patching the team's lack of a defensive check to Tapu Koko. Toxic is pertinent to punish physical threats that necessitate setup such as Zygarde and Landorus-T.

Passho Berry is a neat tech I've tinkered with that enables hippo to safely toxic water-based physical threats in the likes of Mega-Swampert and Gyarados. Pasho Berry's usefulness is also seen when faced against Greninja; the typical response would be to switch to Toxapex - that unfortunately leads to getting spikes spammed. Pasho Berry reduces the prediction stress through preparing hippo with an option to attack Greninja directly, rather than lose momentum to spikes stacking.

Rest of its set is pretty standard.

Third is the Fire chakra, located in the stomach. This chakra deals with willpower and is blocked by shame. What are you ashamed of? What are your biggest disappointments in yourself? ~ Guru Pathik

मणिपूर (Manipura) (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

Reuniclus used to be in this slot until I realized Heatran would provide more consistent results for the team. Toxic Wisp combo is for greater utility in punishing common Heatran switchins. Heatran helps serve as a soft defensive check to Lele, other Heatran, and Mega-Mawile. Heatran's set and spread was made in a rush, so it could probably be better optimized.

The fourth chakra is located in the heart. It deals with love, and is blocked by grief ~ Guru Pathik
Associative Element: Air

अनाहत (Anahata) (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Counter
- Roost
- Spikes

Long story short: This set is designed to counter Mega Mawile and a plethora of other physical threats. While the set and EV spread is very unconventional I can assure you that it helped in many games to buffer against heavy mawile pressure, a job that standard Skarmory cannot perform. Skarmory performs as the other physical tank of the team, which pairs well with Hippowdon through harassing substitute phys-threats that Hippo can't toxic.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-creative-underrated-sets-v2.3628431/#post-7685684

The fifth in the chain is the Sound chakra, located in the throat. It deals with truth, and is blocked by lies. The ones we tell ourselves ~Guru Pathik

विशुद्ध Vishuddha (Toxapex) (F) @ Poisonium Z / Brightpowder
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature

- Gunk Shot / Poison Jab / Toxic / Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

This set I designed for several purposes: To Punish HO Screens, and to harass Tapu Fini and Serperior. Most Tapu Koko screens I encountered weren't prepared with a defogger, as they relied on Tapu Koko's taunt to prevent hazards. Originally I used mental herb to bypass this, but I later found poisonium z to be a more utile solution that allowed me to manually chose when to bypass taunt. Extra benefits to poisonium-z were seen in blocking trick shenanigans and avoiding extra damage generated through knock off. You can opt for toxic over gunk shot as an option to poison Mega Gyarados directly through its taunt.

Usually Serp will Leaf Storm spam pex on the switch, but poison-z gives it a lure aspect to ohko Serperior, whom might otherwise expect a haze instead.

The EV spread is to provide as much special bulk as possible while out-edging Reuniclus in speed creep.

The sixth pool of energy is the Light chakra, located in the center of the forehead. It deals with insight and is blocked by illusion.
The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation.
Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same ~ Guru Pathik

आज्ञा (Ajna) (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb / Brightpowder
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

The native set with stored power helped immensely in absolutely shredding through stall teams (which this team otherwise can't break), life orb proved pertinent to its stall-breaking opportunities while proving itself as a defensive utility when forced to immediately moonblast fairy-weak setup mons. Life orb also confused many opponents of mine into believing clefable to be max EV invested Special Attack...

8 Speed outspeeds opposing Clefables, particularly 4EV invested ones.

Cosmic power CM Moonblast is an alternative set I used when I wasn't expecting to face stall on the ladder. Iapappa Berry and Brightpowder proved more useful items to this set than leftovers by far.

The Thought chakra is located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to this world... ~ Guru Pathik

सहस्रार Sahasrāra (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Shadow Ball

I much preferred this set over the reflect type stored power one. Shadow Ball Latias allows for immediate setup on 99% of teams, rather than waiting to poison all opposing dark types and fighting to keep ts-pikes up (a common scenario for mono psychic attackers_. Shadow ball also prepares latias to immediately ohko Kartana at +1. Reflect Type I find to be an amazing move for Latias to steal more favorable typings for itself, and to setup and threaten mons that normally murder it (Magearna). The benefits of reflect type are endless and have proven in my personal experience to be a more utile and threatening move-slot choice over Substitute.

विशुद्ध Vishuddha (Toxapex) (F) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

मूलाधार - Muladhara (Hippowdon) (M) @ Passho Berry
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

मणिपूर (Manipura) (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp

आज्ञा (Ajna) (Clefable) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

सहस्रार Sahasrāra (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Shadow Ball

अनाहत (Anahata) (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Iron Defense
- Counter
- Roost
- Spikes

Last edited:
Good job! Im very fan of this team, i build a similar team 2 months ago but i leave that for the same reason that are happening to your team, is very wek to blacephalon and, lele alakazam if hit focust blast, equal to m lopunny and m medicham,
How do u counter that? I appreciated ur respond

Good job! Im very fan of this team, i build a similar team 2 months ago but i leave that for the same reason that are happening to your team, is very wek to blacephalon and, lele alakazam if hit focust blast, equal to m lopunny and m medicham,
How do u counter that? I appreciated ur respond
Lele can be reflect-typed and setup on, tho it is helpful to scout for choice-related items. If you end up losing tran to Zam you can go into hippo and ohko it with EQ. Note that non-scarf Blace can be revenged by shadow ball latias and is otherwise semi-walled by pex. If you use the alternative cosmic power clef set then you have a sort of soft insurance against all of the above.

Last edited:
Hello, you wanted me to give some thoughts on the team so here I am. That's a pretty cool semi-stall with Mega Latias which hasn't seen much usage lately, but it does help against all the fat teams you'd battle against in high ladder. It seems very solid overall but I've noticed some issues in Psychic-Types. CM Mega Alakazam (assuming Psychic/FB/Shadow Ball) pressures a lot your team thanks to free switches in against both Skarmory and Toxapex. Same can be said for Reuniclus which, if carrying Psyshock, can even 1v1 your Mega Latias (at +6 Shadow doesn't 2HKO whereas Psyshock does) and your own Clefable. Z Focus Blast Tapu Lele is another threatening Psychic-Type for your team because it can get rid of Heatran, your main answer. In order to fix this issue, I want to suggest one major change...

I suggest to replace Heatran with Heart Swap Leftovers Magearna. This change allows your team to deal way better against the aforementioned threats thanks to Heart Swamp + Pain Split. This Magearna can also grab some Momentum thanks to Volt Switch. It still does what Heatran used to do, so checking the likes of Tornadus-T, opposite Magearna and Clefable. This change would make your matchup against Mega Mawile harder to deal with though, but you still have Hippowdon and Skarmory, so you can play around it.

I want to keep the original sets you use (in Mega Latios or Toxapex for instance) but I'd advise you to run either Ice Fang or Whirlwind over Toxic on Hippowdon. I noticed SubCoil Glare Zygarde looks like a pain for your team and having Hippowdon to phase it or just to break the sub is nice. I'd also advise you to make Clefable Leftovers because Life Orb seems very strange to me and would help you setup more easily as well as helping vs Zygarde.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap

मूलाधार - Muladhara (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang / Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Hope this rate helps, good luck!

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Aurella, super cool team!

Don't really want to repeat too much what was said above, nor do I want to actually change the members as I respect the peak and team flow, but I do think that trying Taunt over Toxic on Heatran is worth trying. While toxic is nice for mainly Zapdos, all the grounded mons are hit by Toxic Spikes or Wisp which you'd prefer in Zygardes case, unless it is Sub Glare. I feel like taunt makes it so you don't immediately have to go to your own Clefable on Pokemon like CM Clef (albeit rare) and not get crit in the turns that you boost up stored power enough to overcome it. Taunt is also nice for veil Zygarde variants which are slower than max speed Heatran, as well as blocking defog etc. Taunt also helps you trap Toxapex quicker, meaning Haze isn't as annoying for your squad.

I too am also a big fan of Ice Beam on Clefable over Stored Power, and going back to a Leftovers set. Right now SD Gliscor is a huge pain for the team, it sets up on everything and just has to outplay counters. Using Ice Beam on Clef helps with that weakness, and works really well with Heatran having taunt. If you want extra insurance vs opposing CM Clefable, you can also try psyshock + ice beam. But not a fan of dropping Moon Blast since this is your best Mega-Gyra check. Solid team fren :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)