OM Teambuilding Competition

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
THE LORDSQUAD IS HERE

So this team was actually built around MAMP's ScarfChomp set which is just amazing af tbh. Mega Diancie fell on the team because it is an amazing offensive mon and can spam Boomburst for days, as well as forming an excellent revenge killing core with MegaChomp. I decided to use Precipice Blades on Mega Diancie because it can easily do 70%+ to Aegislash and Registeel, which allow them to be finished off by ESpeed and in general prevents them from switching in. Ho-Oh was a logical next step, checking Mega Mewtwo Y, Mega Gengar (even the annoying Spore variants), and of course Imposter-proofing Mega Diancie. FC Groudon was next, checking MMX as well as Improofing MegaChomp. Aegi was slapped on to check the random Contrary mons on low ladder as well as being a decent pivot and utility mon w/ Rocks and Aromatherapy. Finally, Turboblaze MMX was added to trap Shed--it also OHKOs FC Chans w/ Close Combat! Turboblaze is the best Moldy clone js. Spore hitting through Bounce is also handy.

Usually lead with Mega Diancie or ScarfChomp to get the momentum off the bat. Make sure to keep MMX alive if they have Shedinja. PDon is a threat--conserve ScarfChomp at all costs, and if PDon manages to set up you will have to sack something to V-Create to kill with Arrows (it outspeeds +1 Adamant PDon but not +2). Ogre is also a threat (in particular Fur Coat Power Herb Geomancy Kyogre >_>) as nothing really OHKOs it, so you have to keep Chomp/MMX/MDiancie healthy and bop it with physical attacks before it can set up (be sure to predict around King's Shield).
OO: Diamond Storm can be used on MMX for boppage of opposing Ho-Oh and other burds, while still being walled by Aegi. Make one or more of Aegi/Ho-Oh/Groudon lvl 99 for slower pivoting.

Garchomp-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Claw
- Switcheroo
- Extreme Speed

Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Precipice Blades

Ho-Oh @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Recover
- Flare Blitz

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn
- Defog
- Slack Off

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Roost
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Pursuit
- Spore

This is the only team I used during reqs (so it went 30-4 on ladder) and beat notable BH players such as Ransei and highlighter. A really fun team that has turned out to be quite effective as well :]

This is a team I built in preparation for the protean ban, as with 2 or 3 exceptions all my teams had it. The main Focus of this is a lure, but I had no idea just how effective it would be.
The idea that caused me to make this is that Diancie bluffs ate Really, really well, and so called counters like soundproof bro aren't prepared to eat a light of ruin. It Magic guard is also very nice for the free LO damage and ability to act as a leech seed/curse sponge. Not being able to be whittled by Magma Storm is also pretty sweet, not gonna lie.
From there, I needed an MMX set. Contrary works really well, as it beats all the walls Diancie has a hard time with (Hey Chansey) and further aids with the whole bluff thing- Who would run two wallbreakers on a team like that?
MRay was the next required slot, as it is an excellent ate mon- with other viable sets. With the -ate clause people automatically assume you are using another set (prankster, ate) and so get caught unprepared.
I then needed an imposterproofer, as chansey rekt my team very badly. Aegislash is one of the best improofers in the meta and with Flash fire resisted/was immune to all my moves, so I was set!
Chansey is a pretty general glue I added because I haven't used it enough, but while it has its advantages over Pikachu II'm not sure I really like it as much. It's personal preference, I suppose.
TTar was there as a status sponge, general ate check when I couldn't afford to use Aegislash, a setup sweeper/wincon, a self imposterproofer that ensured I wasn't walled by opposing Aegislash... it just slotted right in, and it doesn't dissapoint. The lack of a move to hit things like MRay with while they kings shield is a disappointment, but you cant have everything.

In the early game, try to lead with and break holes in their team with MMX. Sometimes, you just get enough boosts on unsuspecting teams that they just lose outright. Don't be afraid to switch it out, though. From there, play cautiosly with your other mons, mostly just using TTar to get chip. If diancie is forcing something out and you don't know what to, click magma storm- it gives nothing away. Once you've lured them into suspecting ate diancie, either begin having MRay hit Boomburst, or just destroy things with your twin stabs. They almost never see it coming.

Diancie-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Head Smash
- Light of Ruin
- Magma Storm
- King's Shield

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash
Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed
- Draco Meteor

Rayquaza-Mega @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aerilate
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Boomburst
- Magma Storm

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Baton Pass
- Heal Order
- Substitute

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot

Tyranitar-Mega @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Knock Off
- Shift Gear
- King's Shield

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)