Lower Tiers ORAS RU Role Compendium V2

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Add Scyther to Offensive Fighting checks and Cleaners (base 105 is rly good in ru and more than fast enough to clean with flying resists eliminated)
  • Dugtrio under Offensive SR users since the last slot on LO is usually a free slot anyways
  • Move Registeel and Scrafty to other under setup sweepers bc there's no point in having a category with just one mon lol.
  • Add Granbull to wallbreakers bc banded bull is insanely strong and can even 2HKO Mola without lefties after one round of rocks.
  • Add Archeops to flying resists
That should be all for now :]

Also, a side question, can tr sweepers be added to cleaners or setup? Because OTR Diancie is a threat and can steamroll past offensive teams late game, and it really needs to be included.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ONE AT A TIME (Jk)
Hariyama to Defensive Fire checks, Fletchinder to offensive Fire checks

Why not add Diancie to defensive Psychic checks? It checks Meloetta okay as well as Sigilyph and Delphox​

Remove Trevenant from Water checks it's getting unranked prolly and I think it dropped to NU though don't quote me on that

Mega Camerupt should be in offensive Stealth rock users too not just defensive ya nub

Sneasel to Wallbreakers

And Dianxie and Aromatisse to status absorbers, they've got dat Heal Bell
- Hariyama is more of an Offensive Fire Check honestly but eh, sure why not add it to both. Fletchinder doesnt check offensive Fire checks whatsoever, Resist =/= Check, It needs more than just revenge killing.
- Mmm, I guess. Not the best meloetta check (though sufficient enough) but it does check sigilyph and Phox pretty well so yeah.
- Wait for Trevenant to get officially unranked, I will do the rest.
- Huh, pretty sure it was there before? my bad
- No, Sneasel is everything but a wallbreaker. It is weak.
- Being a Cleric isnt the same thing as being as status absorber.

add diancie to offensive rockers too imo
- Sure

• Add Scyther to Offensive Fighting checks and Cleaners (base 105 is rly good in ru and more than fast enough to clean with flying resists eliminated)
  • Dugtrio under Offensive SR users since the last slot on LO is usually a free slot anyways
  • Move Registeel and Scrafty to other under setup sweepers bc there's no point in having a category with just one mon lol.
  • Add Granbull to wallbreakers bc banded bull is insanely strong and can even 2HKO Mola without lefties after one round of rocks.
  • Add Archeops to flying resists
That should be all for now :]

Also, a side question, can tr sweepers be added to cleaners or setup? Because OTR Diancie is a threat and can steamroll past offensive teams late game, and it really needs to be included.
- Scyther is on Offensive Fighting Checks fam. Scyther isnt fast enough, take a look at how fast the Pokemon in there are.
- I really think SR Dugtrio is really bad but I guess thats fair.
- True. Gonna do that and put some small text to mention the move.
- Nah, not quite sold on Banded Granbull, like I enjoy the set but idk.
- Ok

Thanks everyone :D

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Reviving this to say I have implemented a Dark type checks (Knock Off Switch-ins) section so be sure to share your opinion about how it looks, what is missing, why rotom-fan is in there, etc. Some checks will lose to some dark types but overall it is really functional imo.

Shoutouts Ryoma Nagare

MrAldo

Hey
why is rotom-fan in there
Takes on basically every dark type bar sneasel thanks to being the only rotom form that invests considerably in physical defense so, it takes a knock off easily, and possesses the combination of will-o-wisp + pain split for being somewhat reliable at checking them.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
why would u run water absorb quagsire + loses to toxic mola / toxic refresh toise / jellicent / gk samurott / every fucking water bar like qwilfish and kabutops loooooooool

so no

e: add cm xatu and np liepard to boosters

e @ below:

LOL who runs band quagsire then u legit only "check" toise. you still lose to toxic mola wisp jelli and every other fucking water

E2: omastar has hp grass u dipwad

Last edited:
252+ Atk Choice Band Quagsire Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blastoise: 145-172 (40 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
i'll leave this here, plus takes on Omastar

MrAldo

Hey
Until a quality replay is provided about Banded Quagsire where it does something and it does something besides "looking dank" on team preview, then I will add it to stuff like Defensive Water type and Scald switch-in, otherwise gastrodon is better and thats unranked.

Just gonna put quagsire on defensive fire check and curse setup sweeper (Other) for now.

Would adding a "Grass-type checks" section be worth it considering how prevalent Venusaur and Virizion are, as well as Torterra being on the rise?

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
Would adding a "Grass-type checks" section be worth it considering how prevalent Venusaur and Virizion are, as well as Torterra being on the rise?
Idk, it is definitely something I will thing about until the drops of the final tier shift happen, which hopefully I would have a lot to update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)