SM OU OU Balanced Team (I think)

untitled.pngI really wanted to just make a balanced team to the best of my abilities so here is what I came up with.
It consists of 1 setter 1 def tank 2 physical sweepers 1 special sweeper 1 spdef tank the highest rating I was able to get was around 1300. I also really want to make this team unique so suggestions for movesets and items regarding that would really make me wet while still being viable of course that's what I want the most while still making this team better in general also I don't want any gen 7 bullshit pokemon because they all look like dumb shits tbh and would really like to stomp ppl that use them.

1) Rotom-Wash is a great check for earthquake with it's levitate ability gives me ground immunity which really helps with my infernape and gengar

2)It's my specially defensive Pokémon on my team.

3) It's also my defogger which is why i run defog lol and will o wisp is really helpful with widdling down the opponent and their physical attackers too. Volt-switch and hydro pump are just general moves to have on him and help one shot landorus t and stuff.
th9CDD21XX.jpg

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

1) Ferrothorn is a great setter in OU and it's rocky helmet + iron barbs really finish off physical sweepers with priority moves and hurt them a lot more than they hurt me ex. fake out or sucker punch. Since it's a pretty predictable pokemon to send out first round it really helps me to predict whether or not they will send in their own setter or something they wanna setup with it immediately ex. If they have a mega charizard I know one flamethrower with kill me which is why start out the game with someone like my mega pinsir and which outspeeds charizard and a return will most likely kill

2) So yea it's a pretty tanky pokemon with EVS in defense and HP

3) This has always been a pretty standard set I've known setup with stealth rocks & spikes, gyro ball for damage, and leech seed if they wanna setup
thLM90809X.jpg

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

1) I didn't want all OU pokemon and gengar is a favorite of mine and helps with team balance

2) I'm shooting for a well balanced team so Gengar is a good special attacker in my opinion and helps fit the role

3) I feel good running dual stabs with shadow ball and sludge bomb good damaging moves must have on gengar. I run focus blast so I don't instantly die to a tyranitar and focus sash for the extra survivability that has helped me in the late game. Substitute helps me setup well if I know they will switch out. Although, I don't know if thunder or thunderbolt would be a better option than sludge bomb.
untitled.png

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

1) I picked clefable because I think it can setup very well with calm mind and it's amazing ability with magic guard which I find very helpful in situations with ex. Toxic stall pokemon and leech seed

2) A defensive pokemon that suit well being a tank in my team. I like to call clefable a sleeper sweeper

3) I love to use T wave for pokemon that have already setup on me and continuously go for calm minds and soft boil whenever they are paralyzed until I'm pretty much set with 3.5x spa and spd and despite resists moonblast will do a massive amount at this point (obviously
thWYICTGCR.jpg
Shit that's a big picture

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

1) I picked infernape because again I didn't want all OU because that's gay and I wanted a choice something on my team so choice scarf over choice band because although infernape already has a pretty high base speed and is able to outspeed many pokemon already I thought why not just make him even speedier

2) Needed a physical sweeper and has done great work on my team so far with this set

3) Flare blitz and close combat are standard on infernape along with earthquake so not much to explain there. However, you might say why thunder punch over something like mach punch or fake out for priority or U-turn. I want my team to have some uniqueness to it so thunderpunch w/ 75 base power and iron fist giving it 90 base power I feel is pretty solid in my opinion even though it isn't enough to kill something like azumarill
thL9SNLSFD.jpg

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch

1) Lastly, I see a swords dance setup and in need for a mega I chose mega pinsir a pokemon pretty good in the meta right now I believe

2) Mega, physical sweeper, the extra boost my team needed

3) Swords dance to secure an epic sweep, close combat for some heavy hitting, quick attack for priority and return because it's a high damaging flying type move in my kit
th.jpg

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

That's all! Any replies will help thanks guys

This team looks good, and avoids any of the non-standard tropes which I applaud, but there is still somethings you might want to consider

Changes
Gengar' set should be changed to both maximize damage output and give it a better item
Your Gengar isn't bad persay, but Focus Sash is not very useful for it, since hazards, sandstorm, and other forms of chip eliminate Focus Sash, and Gengar really misses the damage output that Specs or Ghostium gives.
Substitute also should look to replaced, since after losing levitate, Gengar can't really use it as effectively anymore. To remedy that I would suggest you give Will-o-Wisp Hex Ghostium Set a try as it hits really hard and annoys many fat mons. Your team has a lot of ways to spread status with Thunder Wave Clefable, and Will-o-Wisp Rotom Wash, so Hex Gengar will seamlessly slot in, especially since you have no other z-move user.

Ferrothorn should also replace Spikes with Knock Off
Since your team isn't specifically a spikes stack team and pairing Stealth Rock with Spikes isn't the best combination, you may want to consider dropping spikes for Knock Off to harass opposing walls while also severely weakening some offensive pokemon which is useful for your team to break other sides

Thunder Punch on Infernape isn't very helpful on your team, so maybe you should consider giving it Hidden Power Ice or Vacuum Wave
Thunder Punch really only hits Azumarill, Mantine, and Tapu Fini all of which are already dealt with on your team. Your team doesn't really appreciate the presence of Choice Scarf Landorus, as your ways of dealing with it is limited in really only Rotom Wash which spells a recipe for disaster should it get worn down. Hidden Power Ice gives you nice way to Lure Landorus and shave off a nice chunk of its health while also doing good damage to Zygarde and the like. Similarly, Vacuum Wave can be useful to revenge Choice Scarf Kartana after minimal chip from Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn, should you find that a problem as well.

Very Minor Changes
Rotom's Evs should be change to 248 Hp / 8 Def / 252 SpDef to maximize bulk thanks to 248 hitting a jump point in bulk

Clefable should utilize that extra 4 Evs in Special Attack in Defense for more bulk
Ferrothorn should use those extra 8 Evs in Attack for Special Defense
Mega Pinsir's Return should be changed to Frustration, which has the same power, to screw with opposing Dittos should the situation where that is helpful occurs.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Gengar @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Vacuum Wave

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Moxie
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

Last edited:
i would also recommend that you change out the iron fist ability on infernape to blaze and definitely use hp ice to hit lando and zygarde which are common threats in the ou metagame over thunderpunch, because "being unique" isn't going to win you games. Also, id recommend using earthquake on pinsir over cc, because it has better coverage and can hit steel types (like cc) but you dont have to worry about defense drops. Lastly, theres no point in taking sash on gengar if ur gonna run sub because sub makes you lose health anyways so like sash is useless. best of luck getting past 1300 u fking sh1tter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)