OU (OU) Urshifu-R

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

With its great base Attack along with powerful STAB moves in the form of Surging Strikes and Close Combat, Urshifu-R acts as a powerful wallbreaker. Surging Strikes is capable of 2HKOing the likes of Clefable and Corviknight, while Close Combat breaks through the likes of Ferrothorn and Kyurem, which could otherwise come in on a resisted Water-type attack. Urshifu-R is also capable of grabbing and maintaining momentum with U-turn, which hits common switch-ins such as Slowbro and Tangrowth for super effective damage. Aqua Jet offers utility by revenge killing threats such as Volcarona and makes Urshifu-R a menace for hyper offense teams to face. Urshifu-R pairs nicely with Kyurem, as Kyurem has no issues breaking through the likes of Toxapex and Amoonguss, while Urshifu-R in return is able to take on Blissey and Tyranitar and can bring Kyurem in safely thanks to U-turn. Urshifu-R's Water-type attacks are further boosted by rain, making Pelipper another great partner for it.

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I only use Jolly on Urshifu-Rapid personally. It outruns Kyurem, opposing LO regular Urshifu (which tends to run Adamant), Obstagoon, Rotom-Heat, and Excadrill. Having to lock into Aqua Jet vs the latter (arguably the latter two) is less than ideal, but the others you especially need it for. Idk if the facebook spotlights come with the sets already locked in, but just my two cent on that. Regardless, this looks great.

I would not mention Skarmory as a Surging Strikes target as it is frequently running Rocky Helmet, which can make it a neutral exchange for the Skarmory user oftentimes. I would simply replace this with Corviknight, which is still 2HKOd and never runs Rocky Helmet anymore.

I'm glad you mention Kyurem to abuse the Regen Pokemon that tend to check it, but I would also consider mentioning Reuniclus or Alakazam as well. Rest looks great

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I know this isn't GP ready yet but this is 400+ characters over the limit of 1,000, so this should definitely be thinned out a little bit. Remember that these are spotlights and they shouldn't read like an analysis.

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma
Great job thinning this out and getting this under 1,000 characters, it's much better.

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

With it's its great base Attack (Capitalize) along with powerful STAB moves in the form of Surging Strikes and Close Combat, Urshifu-R acts as a powerful wallbreaker. Surging Strikes is capable of 2HKOing the likes of Clefable and Corviknight, while Close Combat breaks through the likes of Ferrothorn and Kyurem, which could otherwise come in on a resisted Water-type attack. Urshifu-R is also capable of grabbing and maintaining momentum with U-turn, which hits common switch-ins such as Slowbro and Tangrowth for super effective damage. Aqua Jet offers utility by revenge killing threats such as Volcarona, (RC) and makes Urshifu-R a menace for hyper offense teams to face. Urshifu-R pairs nicely with Kyurem, as Kyurem has no issues breaking through the likes of Toxapex and Amoonguss, while Urshifu-R in return is able to take on Blissey and Tyranitar and can bring Kyurem in safely thanks to U-turn. Urshifu-R's Water-type attacks are further boosted by the rain, making Pelipper another great partner for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)