move 2: Iron Head
move 3: Throat Chop
move 4: Close Combat
item: Leftovers
ability: Tough Claws
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
While Perrserker has an above-average Attack stat backed up by great offensive ability, its Steel-type STAB leaves a lot to be desired, and relatively poor coverage leaves Perrserker unable to handle the likes of Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Toxapex, Seismitoad, and countless others. Also, it's still outclassed by several other wallbreakers in the tier overall, such as Dracovish and Hydreigon, which are far more reliable. If you insist on using it, Perserkerr's best option is a Swords Dance set with three attacks. Close Combat is important for Ferrothorn and Corviknight, and Throat Chop hits Aegislash. An Adamant nature is preferred for the power boost. Jolly is still an option to outspeed uninvested Kommo-o and Rotom-W, but the damage boost from Adamant is still preferred in most scenarios. Leftovers is the item of choice to help Perrserker have more longevity and more consistently take on threats like Ferrothorn and Corviknight. 8 HP EVs allow Perrserker to always survive an Earthquake from Hippowdon from full, whereas full Speed investment with an Adamant nature is just enough to outspeed uninvested Milotic.

Dugtrio is an outstanding ally, as trapping—or at least weakening—Toxapex is invaluable. Other teammates that can adequately pressure the Water-types that give Perrserker trouble—like Rotom-W, Seismitoad, and the aforementioned Toxapex—are very welcome; examples include Life Orb Clefable, Hydreigon, and other wallbreakers that don't mind Scald. Faster teammates like Dragapult and Cinderace can capitalize on the damage done by Perrserker and help overwhelm the aforementioned Water-types.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[lyd, 303291]]
- Quality checked by: [[Jordy, 395754], [GMars, 273636]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:
I've been having solid luck with Tough Claws bulky sweeper (252/252 HP/Atk) + AV with a moveset of Iron Head, U-Turn, Play Rough, and Close Combat. It's slow and doesn't do too well with being a setup sweeper imho and Tough Claws is a universal boost to moves instead of just Iron Head w/ Steely Spirit.

I've been having solid luck with Tough Claws bulky sweeper (252/252 HP/Atk) + AV with a moveset of Iron Head, U-Turn, Play Rough, and Close Combat. It's slow and doesn't do too well with being a setup sweeper imho and Tough Claws is a universal boost to moves instead of just Iron Head w/ Steely Spirit.
I presume the idea with this set is that Perrserker will be Dynamaxing to use Max Quake, and since Max Moves are not contact moves, Tough Claws is essentially useless while you are Dynamaxed, but Steely Spirit still works.

comments in purple things to remove in red

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
ability: Steely Spirit

[SET COMMENTS]
Steely Spirit may seem like an interesting ability at a first glance, increasing Perrserker's Steel-type moves by 50%, it still doesn't circumvent the fact that Steel is a really bad Offensive typing, leaving Perrserker unable to handle Water-types like Toxapex, Seismitoad, and Milotic. Rotom-W and Rotom-H are much bigger deals than Milotic, so mention one of the two or both instead of it. And overall, it's still outclassed by several other breakers in the tier. One or two examples of other wallbreakers in the tier would be nice. If you insist on using it, Perserkerr's best option is a Swords Dance set with three attacks. Close Combat is important for Ferrothorn and Corviknight, and Throat Chop hits Aegislash, for the most part. What do you mean for the most part? It either does or doesn't. An Adamant nature is preferred as there's not much a Jolly nature would accomplish and the power boost is noticeable, Jolly is still an option to outspeed uninvested Kommo-o and Rotom-W, however. You directly contradict yourself in this sentence. I'd like an example or two of KOes that Perrserker can pick up with an Adamant nature that it can't with a Jolly nature as well. Leftovers is the item of choice to help Perrserker have more longevity and more consistently take on threats like Ferrothorn and Corviknight. Perrserker doesn't really take Corviknight on reliably if it's a Substitute + Bulk Up variant, so you probably should change the wording slightly to account for this. 8 HP EVs allow Perrserker to always survive an Earthquake from Hippowdon from full, whereas full speed investment with an Adamant nature is just enough for uninvested Milotic.

Dugtrio is an outstanding ally, trapping—or at least weakening—Toxapex is invaluable. Other teammates that can adequately pressure the Water-types that give Perrserker trouble—like Milotic, Seismitoad, and the aforementioned Toxapex—are very welcome, examples include Life Orb Clefable, Hydreigon, and other breakers that don't mind Scald. Faster teammates like Dragapult and Cinderace can capitalize on the damage done by Perrserker and help overwhelm the aforementioned Water-types.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
Good job, 1/2.

I don’t see why Tough Claws isn’t even mentioned. I would say it’s better than Steely Spirit overall since it boosts your coverage. Doesn’t work during Dynamax though but the other benefits are worth it, it actually lets you do damage to stuff that resists Steel (aka lots of things) without having to rely on Dynamax. If dynamax goes Tough Claws becomes the obviously better choice, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there I guess

Also Crunch > Throat Chop, Throat Chop only really helps if you catch Toxtricity on the switch or something, while Crunch’s Defense drops are more useful

I don’t see why Tough Claws isn’t even mentioned. I would say it’s better than Steely Spirit overall since it boosts your coverage. Doesn’t work during Dynamax though but the other benefits are worth it, it actually lets you do damage to stuff that resists Steel (aka lots of things) without having to rely on Dynamax. If dynamax goes Tough Claws becomes the obviously better choice, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there I guess

Also Crunch > Throat Chop, Throat Chop only really helps if you catch Toxtricity on the switch or something, while Crunch’s Defense drops are more useful
oversight on my part, i didnt notice it got crunch oops. as for the tough claws think, you're right i discussed with the rest of qc and it's probably better than steely spirit.

thanks for the suggestions i'll implement them along w jordy's check!

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tough Claws > Steely Spirit, remove Steely Spirit entirely and remember to change the intro to reflect this. This also changes the part about Close Combat vs Corviknight and your justification of Adamant. I believe Adamant is still the better first slash but find an alternate example or just talk about how you want to maximize damage and the things you can outspeed with Jolly aren't relevant enough. Make these changes carefully, then qc 2/2

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma (SC) = Semicolon
Do credits please

GP 1/1

shinxstamp.gif

[SET]
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
ability: Tough Claws

[SET COMMENTS]
While Perrserker has an above-average Attack stat backed up by a great offensive ability, it's its Steel-type STAB leaves a lot to be desired, and relatively poor coverage leaves Perrserker unable to handle the likes of Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Toxapex, Seismitoad, and countless others. And overall Also, it's still outclassed by several other wallbreakers in the tier overall, such as Dracovish, (RC) and Hydriegon, who pull of the role of a breaker (Redundancy) with far more reliability Hydreigon, which are far more reliable. If you insist on using it, Perserkerr's best option is a Swords Dance set with three attacks. Close Combat is important for Ferrothorn and Corviknight, and Throat Chop hits Aegislash. An Adamant nature is preferred as for the power boost. Jolly is still an option to outspeed uninvested Kommo-o and Rotom-W, but the damage boost from Adamant is still preferred on in most scenarios. Leftovers is the item of choice to help Perrserker have more longevity and more consistently take on threats like Ferrothorn and Corviknight. 8 HP EVs allow Perrserker to always survive an Earthquake from Hippowdon from full, whereas full Speed (Capitalize) investment with an Adamant nature is just enough for to outspeed uninvested Milotic.

Dugtrio is an outstanding ally, as trapping—or at least weakening—Toxapex is invaluable. Other teammates that can adequately pressure the Water-types that give Perrserker trouble—like Rotom-W, Seismitoad, and the aforementioned Toxapex—are very welcome; (SC) examples include Life Orb Clefable, Hydreigon, and other wallbreakers that don't mind Scald. Faster teammates like Dragapult and Cinderace can capitalize on the damage done by Perrserker and help overwhelm the aforementioned Water-types.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)