Other Metagames Philophobia [AG Peaked 1871 ELO]

Philophobia: Noun. (Greek philia, love + phobia, fear) - a persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of love and intimacy, of deep relationship with somebody.

Proof of Peak

Welcome to my Anything Goes RMT. First of all, AG never stood up to me as an entertaining metagame because of how stuff goes wildly there. I dislike heavy offense and being over prepared against a plethora of threats and always opt for balance, that was a judgment I made before I experienced the metagame. I wanted to write an RMT for Valentine to say thanks to all my friends that have supported me all the way through my journey, because Valentine isn't about love between couples only, it's a day to appreciate all the bonds built between people whether it's a family member or a friend. I, first was torn between LC and Monotype but decided to pick up a new metagame so I could learn and be able to enjoy more the game. Why Anything Goes? I have seen a lot of my OM friends play it and specially my loved one Zangooser so I decided to try it. I built a team around Mega Diancie because I was always a fan of it's design and competitive side and seeing that it was usable in AG I said why not? The name of the team was chosen because of all the hype Valentine get whether it's by couples or single people complaining about it and what is better than naming it Philophobia seeing it's a Valentine RMT, nothing right? Anyway, less talking, let's get to the team:

Hymn of the Team:
Our Last Night - Reason to love.

Pretty underrated band, give them a listen!

I - The Creation of Love.

It all started when I wanted to build around a Pokemon that checks foe's using status moves to have the advantage over the team such as Darkrai, Yveltal, Giratina. I present you the fairy of love itself, Mega Diancie (
). With the ability to stops the opponent on setting up hazards and in need of a steel type check I added Ho-oh (
). Primal Groudon sounded problematic and I needed another way to remove hazards from the field and a defensive wall, I first started with Arceus-Water but found it it wasn't able to beat Primal Groudon unless it was a toxic variant but I needed some sort of use for Will-o-Wisp as I was very prone to offensive sweepers so I ended up by adding Arceus-Ground (
). I needed a bulky win condition and a Pokemon that resists what the above were weak to and forms a great synergy with them, I decided by adding another Arceus form in Arceus-Steel (
). I noticed another flaw in the team which was the lack of defense and I was still prone to offensive sweepers and seeing that Yveltal formed a great core with Arceus Steel as both of them take on eachother's threat I added Envy the Yveltal (
). Looked through the team and noticed that I lacked a hazard setter and I was so weak to water that I added up Primal Groudon (
).

愛 (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite

Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Moonblast
Earth Power
Diamond Storm
Protect

~So will you be my Valentine for forever not one day,
'cause when this day is over know my feelings haven't changed.

I wanted to build around Mega Diancie because it fits in Valentine's theme and is viable in AG placed in A rank thanks to its ability upon mega evolving in Magic Bounce allowing the team to protected from status and hazards moves which is its first positive aspect. Being a fairy type means that it faces competition against the odds of Arceus-Fairy and Xerneas for a spot in the team but it's second type in rock allows it to check prominent fire and flying types such as Ho-Oh and Lugia. Let's not forget that Mega Diancie also serves the team as a soft Darkrai check being able to bounce Dark Void is nothing to be made fun at. Earth Power allows Mega Diancie hit steel types effectively upon the switch such as Arceus Steel, and allows it hitting Primal Groudon. Its downside is that it isn't bulky enough to live up it reputation being a Darkrai check as it can get 3ohko'd by dark pulse and 2ohko'd by sludge bomb and it pressures the team since it can't live a lot of attacks and let's not ignore it's 4x weakness to steel.

おもい (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
Sacred Fire
Earthquake
Brave Bird
Sleep Talk

~Call my name if you're afraid
I'm just a kiss away.

Since Mega Diancie was weak to steel I needed a Pokemon that can easily check these Pokemon that threatens Mega Diancie so I added adding to that both forms a great core since Mega Diancie has the ability to bounce back and Ho-Oh deals with the annoying steel and ground types that Mega Diancie is afraid of. I added Earthquake because it's a nice way to take on Primal Groudon that also is a problem to the team. As for the last move, Sleep talk was an obvious choice since Darkrai reigns on the metagame and can inflict great damage.

壊れた (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
Judgment
Recover
Defog
Will-O-Wisp

~Don't waste your time on me
You're already the voice inside my head.

I needed another way to take off hazards from the field since Mega Diancie wasn't reliable enough and I needed a kind of defensive backbone to alleviate the team's weakness to offensive pressure which is otherwise problematic, I added Arceus Ground to fend off that Primal Groudon because it was also a huge threat. Then I noticed the huge weakness to water types and I wanted to opt for Arceus-Water or Arceus-Dragon but opt to use Arceus Ground as it made a great check for steel types also. I use Will-o-Wisp instead of Toxic for the sole reason of weakening the foe's attack because my team is actually so weak to set up Pokemon such as Arceus and Rayquaza.

粉々 になった (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate

EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind
Judgment
Earth Power
Recover

~I'm here without you, baby
But you're still on my lonely mind.

I needed a form of Win-Con and another check for the prominent Dragon and Fairy attacks so I picked Arceus-Steel as a set up Calm Mind sweeper with Earth Power as a coverage move since I needed another way to hit annoying fire types. Again, the choice of Arceus isn't solid enough since that doesn't resolve my weakness to water but I found out that Arceus-Steel was my best bet. I use 128 EVs in speed to creep notably Primal Groudon and Kyogre.

暗闇の中 (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
Roost
Toxic
Foul Play
Sucker Punch

~I need someone to prove to me that
love is more than just a tragic catastrophe.

Yea from this point I needed another defensive backbone because I was still prone to offensive pressure that hurts badly the team, so the obvious choice was Yveltal. This Pokemon packs up Godly defensive letting it live attacks from foe's Rayquaza and Arceus while retaliating back with a deadly Foul Play. My team lacked some sort of priority also so I added Sucker Punch to fix that problem. For the last moveslot I was torn between Taunt or Toxic, Yveltal wasn't fast enough to taunt prominent threats so I ended up using Toxic as it can stall the opponent easier.

情熱 (Groudon) @ Red Orb

Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Stealth Rock

Earthquake

Lava Plume

Roar

~Yeah, I'm no angel, I'm just me,
but I will love you endlessly.

In the end I lacked a rock setters and a Water types check so Primal Groudon was the best answer thanks to its bulk and ability in Desolate Land. EVs lets Primal Groudon to live a Focus Blast from Xerneas after Geomancy and Roar it away and avoid the 2OHKO from Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam allowing it to retaliate back and weaken it a bit with Earthquake. While Lava Plume is used to fish burns on threats with boosted power under the sun, while roar lets it phase boosted opponent since they are able to get a free set up and manage to cause heavy damage to the team.

In conclusion I'd like to thank everyone for reading, below you will see a Threatlist, Changes, Replays, Songs List, Shoutouts and an Importable.

- Most of my team is weak to water types and specially Kyogre-Primal which can straight 6-0s me.
- When Mega Diancie dies I don't have a lot possibilities to check that monster.
- Since I lack defense that thing can cause havoc in to my team.

I've already talked about changing stuff in the team notable Arceus Form. I could probably change Arceus-Ground to Arceus-Dragon as it lets me sponge water moves better. I could probably change my WinCon Arceus to another type also? The Arceus form is the only thing that troubles me tbh.

I've grabbed some replays from high ladder AG to showcase the team achieving victories.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-329830160 Close match showcasing how much of a threat can Darkrai and Kyogre be to the team and the power of Arceus-Steel.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-329806644 Another close match that showcases the pressure that offense brings in general to the team.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-329869085 More offense problem.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-329833835

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Valentine's Day
Mayday Parade - Bruised And Scarred
Blink 182 - I Miss You
3 Doors Down - Here without You
The Cab - Endlessly

Tylacto One of my greatest friends, and always here to help when I need something. ♥
Zangooser Bae ♥
Articuno I LOL A NOOB.
Sarii Hi :^) good friend.
Mia Risi Also one of my greatest friends. ♥
Betathunder HJK miss buddy
scpinion One of the greatest person I've ever known, friendly and responsible. Keep up the good work man!
Azelea Tired of your luck buddy.
Drayden8437 Great minds think alike!
Silverwhiteblue Come visit me someday, we're just 2 hours away!
Wyn ♥
Rhythms b-b-baka
Chleg is a cute fairy

Monotype Room: Bondie BlackSchwan Misaka Mikoto jiggle Acast Anttya Omega-Xis14 Dirpz Snowyyy TheAce22 terrors Stunfisk The Great Chleg rnbs dusk raimon

OM Room: Ransei Joshz manu 11 Snaquaza imas234 The Immortal Eevee General ihateyourpancreas The Official Glyx Rumplestiltskin baconbagon jeran InfernapeTropius11 Uselesscrab LaxLapras Sanjay. Peef Rimgar unfixable SpartanMalice

Others: Feliburn Megazard Arifeen GonxKillua slurmz Hingo Bushtush le fat kid petyer

Probably forgot a lot of people! But I'm so tired so, I'm sorry!

愛 (Diancie-Mega) @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Protect

おもい (Ho-Oh) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk

壊れた (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

粉々 になった (Arceus-Steel) @ Iron Plate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover

暗闇の中 (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch

情熱 (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DEG senpai notice me
This is a very good team, I planned to rate earlier but it was hard finding good ways to improve this (aside from changing those un-American nicknames). First of all, for just a little optimization, Ho-Oh has no reason not to run 12 speed EVs. It just requires you to take 4 EVs out of attack and now you outspeed non-mega diancie. I'd recommend creeping a little more, and there's a good chance you already do and just didn't want to reveal the creep, but at least 12 is pretty free imo.

Then there's the speed EVs on Steelceus. Not gonna lie I have no idea what they do. Steelceus's description says it's for the primals but you're in a totally different speed tier and far outspeed even a max jolly/timid primal with that. Either you mixed up what speed certain things hit or I'm just missing the point. The best CM Steelceus spread is a simple max HP max speed timid in my opinion, and that's what I'd recommend here. However, if you really want to keep the special attack EVs (which really don't help that much because you're boosting anyway, which is why max HP is typically the better set) then at least try a spread of 248 HP / 84 SpA / 176 Spe to beat opposing Mega Diancie, which is really threatening to the team. Having Steelceus outspeed Mega Dancie is pretty much forced here, it's up to you whether to run max or reduced speed investment. Anyway, that's all I have for you, I'm trying to tweak it around to see if swapping a member might be more beneficial but I can't really find anything significant that warrants a larger change. Nice team

ok kouhai.
Thanks for the rate, I'm updating just to show the few changes I made on the team which helps me alleviate my weaknesses:
Arceus-Steel EVs from 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe to 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Arceus-Ground Ice Beam>Will-o-Wisp
+12 speed, -12 attack
Dragon Claw>Lava Plume.

I'm disgustingly weak to Arceus-Water.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm disgustingly weak to Arceus-Water.
I didn't think it was that bad since you had 3 ways to status it and CM steelceus which it just can't touch at all, but since you removed both wisp and lava plume it is more of an issue. I really just wouldn't go dragon claw here, not only do you want plume to hit zong and skarm for diancie and steelceus but it also goes a big way to wearing down Waterceus. It's normally reserved for teams that are far weaker to Megaray than you are, I don't think it really does anything here. Also you don't need to take 12 EVs out of Ho-Oh's attack, just 4 + the 8 filler in spdef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)