PU Phione (mini)

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
iPhone -mz
sketch1543246245143.png

**artwork by me**
It seriously wishes it was as cool as Manaphy...

[OVERVIEW]

Phione is practically unviable thanks to its subpar base 80 stats across the board. It is relegated to being a Rain Dance pivot that can keep itself healthy thanks to Heal Bell and Hydration, but even in the only role it can take it is outclassed by Mesprit and Liepard thanks to their better stats and abilities overall.

[SET]
name: Rain Dance
move 1: Rain Dance
move 2: Heal Bell
move 3: Scald
move 4: U-turn
item: Damp Rock
ability: Hydration
nature: Relaxed
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Phione is a Rain Dance pivot that can semi-reliably heal itself thanks to the combination of Rain Dance and its ability Hydration, along with Heal Bell. However, this set is inferior to other rain setters such as Mesprit, Liepard, and Volbeat thanks to their better stats, stronger support options such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Encore, and access to Prankster in Liepard's and Volbeat's case.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JustoonSmitts, 239732]]
- Quality checked by: [[tondas, 442732], [UberSkitty, 355061]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gum

tondas

This hennessy is gonna be the death of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 147553
**artwork by me**

[OVERVIEW]
While Manaphy has had success in OU, Phione is practically unviable thanks to a lack of Tail Glow and subpar base 80 stats across (I'm not very comfortable with mentioning manaphy, especially since this set performs quite differently than it. poor stats mention is good tho). It is relegated to being a Rain Dance pivot that can keep itself healthy thanks to Rest and Hydration because it is outclassed offensively by Pokemon such as Jellicent, Lanturn, and Carracosta (phione is tasked with setting rain, I don't think it's very fair to compare it with offensive water-types), but even in the only role it can take it is outclassed by Mesprit and Liepard thanks to their better stats and abilities overall.

[SET]
move 2: Rest

[SET COMMENTS]
Phone (Phione) is a Rain Dance pivot that can semi-reliablly heal itself thanks to the combination of Rain Dance, Rest, and its ability Hydration. However, this set is inferior to other rain setters such as Mesprit, Liepard, and Volbeat thanks to their better stats, abilities (prankster is worth specifying since users of said ability can almost always get off rain dance or twave before going down), and stronger support options such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Encore.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<JustoonSmitts>, <239732>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
qc 1/2

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
View attachment 147553
**artwork by me**

[OVERVIEW]
Phione is practically unviable thanks to its subpar base 80 stats across. It is relegated to being a Rain Dance pivot that can keep itself healthy thanks to Rest and Hydration(remove, look below), but even in the only role it can take it is outclassed by Mesprit and Liepard thanks to their better stats and abilities overall.

[SET]
move 2: Rest(I'd go Heal Bell here since ur a support mon and rest just wastes rain turns)

[SET COMMENTS]
Phione is a Rain Dance pivot that can semi-reliablly heal itself thanks to the combination of Rain Dance, Rest, and its ability Hydration(remove the Rest part, look above). However, this set is inferior to other rain setters such as Mesprit, Liepard, and Volbeat thanks to their better stats, stronger support options such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Encore, and access to Prankster in Liepard's and Volbeat's case.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<JustoonSmitts>, <239732>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<tondas>, <442732>], [UberSkitty, 355061]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
QC 2/2
QC - Skitty Slapping Stamp Small.gif

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Phione is practically unviable thanks to its subpar base 80 stats across the board. It is relegated to being a Rain Dance pivot that can keep itself healthy thanks to Heal Bell and Hydration, but even in the only role it can take it is outclassed by Mesprit and Liepard thanks to their better stats and abilities overall.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Phione is a Rain Dance pivot that can semi-reliablly semi-reliably heal itself thanks to the combination of Rain Dance and its ability Hydration, along with Heal Bell. However, this set is inferior to other rain setters such as Mesprit, Liepard, and Volbeat thanks to their better stats, stronger support options such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Encore, and access to Prankster in Liepard's and Volbeat's case.
GP 1/1

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Phione is a Rain Dance pivot that can semi-reliably heal itself thanks to the combination of Rain Dance and its ability Hydration, along with Heal Bell. However, this set is inferior to other rain setters such as Mesprit, Liepard, and Volbeat thanks to their better stats, stronger support options such as Stealth Rock, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Encore, and access to Prankster in Liepard's and Volbeat's case.
GP 1/1
Thanks, frostration! This is all done as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)