SS NU Pls help with my hitmonlee team

Hi y'all! It's my first time posting here!

I wanted to ask for your help rating my team and providing feedback to make it better. Below I give some context of the team:

:ss/hitmonlee:
Hitmonlee (M) @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
The team was built around Hitmonlee, which it's one of my fav pokemon. I wanted to use it as a late sweeper using the Reversal strategy, in order to use it in a NU tournament this weekend. I choose Substitute over Endure to use it to avoid status conditions or when the opponent decide to switch. If I'm behind the subs, I'll be able to set a bulk up. Finally, Poison Jab is for Fairy pokemon.

:ss/copperajah:
Copperajah @ Leftovers
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 156 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def / 84 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Power Whip
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
Copperajah is here to set up rocks and pressure fairy pokemon and damage switching pokemon with power whip for ground and rock slide for talonflame.

:ss/tsareena:
Tsareena (F) @ Protective Pads
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- U-turn
It can pressure ground pokemon and gain momentum with u-turn, spin the rocks or remove the opponent's object with knock-off.

:ss/gastrodon:
Gastrodon @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
This one is the one that I'm not sure if it should be in the team. I honestly just added as a physical defensive pokemon.
:ss/talonflame:
Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
Talonflame is here to gain momentum and set SD if possible once there is no checks like Muds.

:ss/xatu:
Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Teleport
Xatu is here mainly for Weezing and gain momentum with teleport. EVs spread is to tank some physical pokemon, specially fighting pokemons

Here is the team in pokepast.

https://pokepast.es/15caa9b898b74d0d

Last edited:

ironwater

⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hi TonoNach, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)