Pokemon Stadium Smogon OU ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, folks!

I'm a long-time fan of this site, but a new forum user. I was hoping you could give me some advice.

There's a game shop near me that hosts events, and I'm trying to put together a few Pokemon Stadium nights. The rules would be based on the Smogon OU metagame.

Since the gen. 1 games are super old, I'm going to design a collection of Pokemon that I can copy and distribute to anyone who wants to play. That's where you come in.

Most of the info about the gen. 1 games is based on the link battle rules, but Stadium has a number of changes that significantly impact the metagame (there's a complete list of changes on Bulbapedia here: https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Stadium_(English)). So I was hoping you folks could give me some suggestions.

1. Each gen. 1 cartridge has a limited amount of space for Pokemon and I want to give multiple movesets to each Pokemon I include, so I'm curious which Pokemon people think would be the most viable. I think all the standard OU Pokemon are still viable even if they've been nerfed, but I'm still trying to decide which UU Pokemon to include. There are a few I'm interested in (like Focus Energy Nidoking), but I'd love to get outside input.

2. Also, do you have any ideas for viable movesets, especially sets that were uncommon/unviable in link battles?

3. I may have space for some filler sets, so feel free to include your favorite gimmicky gen. 1 set.

Thanks in advance for your help. I'll post a link to a spreadsheet with all the movesets when it's done.

Welcome to Smogon! I'm afraid you've posted in the wrong subforum. This subforum is for the Gen 7 Create-a-Pokemon metagame. If you want to post a topic relating to the Gen 1 metagame, the Ruins of Alph subforum is where discussion of Gens 1-6 takes place.

sorry for junior modding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)