Pro Swimming Thread

Swimming is my favorite sport to watch and I am surprised that there aren't that many people here posting about high level swimming

So I think I will start this thread by posting some of my personal favorite races

The IOC is a bitch so just watch them on youtube lol

In this race the french were the favorites to win, the united states look out of gold medal contention as the french world record holder dove in with a lead, however jason lezak managed to pass the frenchman with the fastest relay split in history to this day

The commentators don't even mention Daniel Gyurta until he wins the race by one one-hundredth of second

Michael phelps shocks everyone by winning the 100 fly by one one-hundredth of a second and assuring his 7th gold medal of the bejing olympics
Back and fourth race between the United Kingdom and the United States that ends with Duncan Scott getting the second fastest relay split in history

Katie Ledecky dominates the 800 free

Watch it on youtube
It looked like the united states women's swim team were going to fail to get any gold medals at the olympics for the first time in history, the doped up east german women were dominating every event and the germans had the two fastest sprint freestylers in the world on their team. But somehow the american women push though and manage to all go best times and beat the east germans.
Antony ervin won a gold medal in the 50 free in the 2000 olympics at 19 years old but quit swimming shortly after, after leaving swimming for 10 year ervin starting training in swimming again, he made the 2012 olympics but didn't win any medals there. 4 years later at 35 years old ervin won the 50 free again.
Ye Shiwen breaks a world record in the 400im with an incredible freestyle leg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)