Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
hello

the bat @ salac berry
ability: simple
evs: 4 def / 252 spa / 252 spe
timid nature
- calm mind
- stored power
- substitute
- signal beam

the bat. i want a post-tiss ban team, archetype doesnt matter it just has to include the bat. i lost to this on the ladder and it seemed pretty good

thank

I have been trying to make a Munchlax team yet have only made it to 3 Pokemon. I will put the movesets below, but they do not really matter much. A balanced team around Weezing and Munchlax is preferred. Skuntank is not part of my core, but I would like to keep him unless impossible.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Stench
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Hey, i'd like to see an offensive team build around one of the new mons: Scyther.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

This set acts as a fighting check (Gurdurr, Hitmonchan) and as a late-game cleaner, with the help of eviolite and Sword Dance. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: asa
Hey, It would be great to get some sort of offense team with a Froslass lead set. Here it is:
Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe (Please adjust as needed)
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam / Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Landon

im in that tonka
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've been messing around with Absol in PU and I find it really fun to use. It's massive attack stat makes defensive walls like Weezing have a hard time switching in. 252+ Atk Life Orb Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Weezing: 153-183 (45.8 - 54.7%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO I haven't made a super good team with it yet as I find it hard. It would be awesome if someone can build around it!

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I have been trying to make a Munchlax team yet have only made it to 3 Pokemon. I will put the movesets below, but they do not really matter much. A balanced team around Weezing and Munchlax is preferred. Skuntank is not part of my core, but I would like to keep him unless impossible.

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Toxic Spikes

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Stench
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
Here's your team ExplosiveChaos,

Munchlax @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Body Slam
- Curse / Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Toxic Spikes

Skuntank @ Choice Band
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute / Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 16 Def / 140 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Lets start with the teambuilding process. To start WeezSkunk is a great balance core that has a lot of natural synergy together. Weezing covers Skunk's weakness to fighting types and ground types while Skunk covers Weezing's weakness to Psychic and Ghost types. Munchlax adds a great special sponge to incredibly strong special attackers that can tear through the initial core like Aurorus and Pyroar. Weezing has a lot of synergy with Munchlax the other way as it can check the threatening fighting types and help support Munch slowly wearing down teams with Tspikes. This three mon core is quite weak to rock types, Kingler, and Snowslash, therefore Poliwrath was an obvious pick. Solidly checking threats like Aggron while still maintaining offensive pressure was really nice for the team. The team was then looking pretty weak to flying types, particularly Calm Mind Sensu and Scyther. I also needed a rock setter and a normal resist, so Regirock fit well. Lastly, I clearly needed hazard control as well as another fighting check so Fat Sensu with Defog over Taunt was chosen.

With the team set, lets talk about the set details. First off I slashed Rock Slide> Curse on Munchlax for a few reasons. The team can be quite weak to Froslass and Haunter in particular. Skunk can check them sort of, but it also risks getting 2hkoed and having to win a sucker pursuit mindgame. However if you feel this is unnecessary, Curse is fine for just being a standard wincon. I changed up the Weezing set you posted a bit in order to optimize it for the current meta. Flamethrower isn't really needed anymore now that Ferroseed is gone. Snowslash isn't worth hitting as you have Poliwrath to wall it. SubToxic Dugtrio-A can be a bit of a nuisance, but Poli still checks that and Munchlax walls it after 1 Curse. Sludge Bomb lets you actually hit the fighting types like Hitmonchan and Gurdurr while Taunt helps you mess with bulky teams and stall. Banded Skunk with Jolly nature lets it trap Psychic and Ghost types, making room for Poliwrath and Munchlax respectively to put in more work. I went with Sub Poliwrath as it can abuse Tspikes well and just generally mess with offense. Ice Beam can be used instead to improve the Altaria matchup as Regirock can't necessarily deal with it. I went with the more offensive spread + Stone Edge on Regirock so it can more easily deal with FatSensu's that try to stall it out with Taunts and Roosts. Protect + Toxic further abuses Tspikes and lets you scout vs choice locked mons like Primeape and Togedemaru. Fat Sensu is the standard spread that lets it check Fighting types as best it can while also removing hazards when it needs to. Flyinium lets you more easily check Gurdurr as you take less damage from Knock Off and also gives you a nuke if you need.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-782703978 Here's a replay showing the team in action.

Hope you enjoy the team! :blobnom:

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
I've been messing around with Absol in PU and I find it really fun to use. It's massive attack stat makes defensive walls like Weezing have a hard time switching in. 252+ Atk Life Orb Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Weezing: 153-183 (45.8 - 54.7%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO I haven't made a super good team with it yet as I find it hard. It would be awesome if someone can build around it!

Absol @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
Hi there, here's the team I made for you. I hope it's to your liking!

Swords Dance Absol is a very threatening wallbreaker that can go on to set up and sweep even some prepared teams, and all of the Spikes going around are kind of a double-edged blade for it given the lack of recovery and semi-reliance on Life Orb, though I feel as if they're more of a boon to Absol than a hindrance. Qwilfish patches up Absol's weakness to Fighting-type moves, provides useful Spikes support to wear down Pokemon like Tangela and also gives common removers like Altaria, Skuntank, and Hitmonchan trouble through the combination of Taunt, Destiny Bond, and its defensive typing, and can also potentially give Absol an easier time switching in because of Intimidate. It also checks non-Stomping Tantrum Kingler because that's still broken. Regirock completed the hazard stacking core and also provided a check to all non-Z-Solar Beam variants of Pyroar as well as a more solid check to Skuntank and Scyther. Misdreavus gave the team a secondary Fighting check as well as a bulky spinblocker that could also spread status and prevent removal. Rotom-F made up for the team's lack of an immediately powerful special attacker and lack of removal, and it also gave the team an offensive pivot to keep up momentum. Finally, Choice Scarf Togedemaru is good Speed control that outspeeds threats like Primeape and +2 Omastar, a soft Aurorus check, a secondary pivot to complete a VoltTurn core, and another status spreader, which really adds onto the residual damage when you consider hazards and Iron Barbs. Problematic matchups include Lilligant, weather, though Togedemaru outspeeds Modest Ludicolo under rain, Gurdurr, and potentially Aurorus, though none of them are overly annoying unless hax happens.

Absol @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

here's a replay of dibs making it work and not me bc i'm terribad. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-783151435

Hey, i'd like to see an offensive team build around one of the new mons: Scyther.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

This set acts as a fighting check (Gurdurr, Hitmonchan) and as a late-game cleaner, with the help of eviolite and Sword Dance. Thanks in advance!
Hey GoldenTorkoal, I have your SD Scyther team for you.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 204 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Punishment
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Frost @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

So obviously I started with Scyther and looking at partners I knew I wanted a really solid Rock resist that could switch in on Regirock and Aggron who Scyther often lets in, so I settled with Gurdurr as it can act as a kind of catch all for Rock and Steel types and can work very well against Hail which Scyther dislikes. Lycanroc was the next mon as it fits in as a nice breaker/cleaner that can pressure Regirock and a lot of other Scyther checks such as Pyroar immensely, Scyther also is able to check Fighting types like opposing Gurdurr and Primeape that Lycanroc struggles against. Type: Null works as a blanket check for special attackers such as Pyroar and Lilligant whilst providing vital momentum for the team. Defensive Mesprit helps out Scyther by relieving some of the pressure from Fighting types and also has good utility in Stealth Rock and Healing Wish. Rotom-Frost was a nice fit for the last mon as it offers its vital role of Defogging and makes a nice Volt-turn core with the other members of the team. Hope you like it!

Landon

im in that tonka
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, here's the team I made for you. I hope it's to your liking!

Swords Dance Absol is a very threatening wallbreaker that can go on to set up and sweep even some prepared teams, and all of the Spikes going around are kind of a double-edged blade for it given the lack of recovery and semi-reliance on Life Orb, though I feel as if they're more of a boon to Absol than a hindrance. Qwilfish patches up Absol's weakness to Fighting-type moves, provides useful Spikes support to wear down Pokemon like Tangela and also gives common removers like Altaria, Skuntank, and Hitmonchan trouble through the combination of Taunt, Destiny Bond, and its defensive typing, and can also potentially give Absol an easier time switching in because of Intimidate. It also checks non-Stomping Tantrum Kingler because that's still broken. Regirock completed the hazard stacking core and also provided a check to all non-Z-Solar Beam variants of Pyroar as well as a more solid check to Skuntank and Scyther. Misdreavus gave the team a secondary Fighting check as well as a bulky spinblocker that could also spread status and prevent removal. Rotom-F made up for the team's lack of an immediately powerful special attacker and lack of removal, and it also gave the team an offensive pivot to keep up momentum. Finally, Choice Scarf Togedemaru is good Speed control that outspeeds threats like Primeape and +2 Omastar, a soft Aurorus check, a secondary pivot to complete a VoltTurn core, and another status spreader, which really adds onto the residual damage when you consider hazards and Iron Barbs. Problematic matchups include Lilligant, weather, though Togedemaru outspeeds Modest Ludicolo under rain, Gurdurr, and potentially Aurorus, though none of them are overly annoying unless hax happens.

Absol @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt
- Pain Split

Rotom-Frost @ Icium Z
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

here's a replay of dibs making it work and not me bc i'm terribad. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-783151435
ty!

Hey GoldenTorkoal, I have your SD Scyther team for you.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- U-turn

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Atk / 204 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Punishment
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Rotom-Frost @ Iapapa Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

So obviously I started with Scyther and looking at partners I knew I wanted a really solid Rock resist that could switch in on Regirock and Aggron who Scyther often lets in, so I settled with Gurdurr as it can act as a kind of catch all for Rock and Steel types and can work very well against Hail which Scyther dislikes. Lycanroc was the next mon as it fits in as a nice breaker/cleaner that can pressure Regirock and a lot of other Scyther checks such as Pyroar immensely, Scyther also is able to check Fighting types like opposing Gurdurr and Primeape that Lycanroc struggles against. Type: Null works as a blanket check for special attackers such as Pyroar and Lilligant whilst providing vital momentum for the team. Defensive Mesprit helps out Scyther by relieving some of the pressure from Fighting types and also has good utility in Stealth Rock and Healing Wish. Rotom-Frost was a nice fit for the last mon as it offers its vital role of Defogging and makes a nice Volt-turn core with the other members of the team. Hope you like it!
Thanks for the team!

Hello, friends. I have been experimenting for a little while using Scarf Offensive-Midnight as a cleaner on offense/balance squads with No Guard Stone Edge. Seems a hella scary concept.

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Toxic

As I said, I enjoy a good bulky balance set up overall, but can enjoy heavy wallbreakers with speed as well. There's no real preference, just no webs squads. Thanks a ton guys, looking forward to some creative stuff!

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello!

I have finally updated the OP. This includes the teams made up until now, along with updating what's allowed or not in the current meta. Quite a lot of teams have been on the chopping block to do recent shifts, but a few have actually been revived (although they might not function optimally in the current meta). We will continue working on the current requests!

Thanks n_n

Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fireblast
- Focus Blast

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Hi there, I'm newish to PU and would like a team built around Specs Drampa + Scarf Togedemaru + Mesprit

The core really interests me but I've struggled to build around it, I saw it on a thread and liked how Togedemaru lured in Pokémon such as Lanturn which invite in Drampa to hit hard and how Mesprit deals effectively with the fighting types which Drampa and Toge struggle heavily with.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I haven't played any tier in a while, but PU sounded fun. I made this particular Absol set but I'm having trouble teambuilding around it:

Absol @ Darkinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Snatch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Superpower

The whole idea here is using Z-Snatch. It boosts Absol's speed by two stages, and allows it to steal some status moves from foes who aren't expecting it. You can, for an example, outspeed unsuspecting Omastar and steal Shell Smash, or outspeed bulky mons and steal their recovery. It would be more accurately described as a late-game cleaner, since the +2 speed is what makes it so great. It can also absorb Knock Off and Sucker Punch very well.
Edit: Forgot to mention, if at late game +2 Speed is uneeded, it can also nuke things with Blackhole Eclipse

But other than the set itself, I haven't been able to find much partners to synergise with it. So here's hoping people ore experienced in the meta could help

Last edited:

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hey PandaTTT, sorry for the wait but here's your team!

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Liquidation

Kangaskhan @ Normalium Z
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Lycanroc-Midnight @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Stomping Tantrum
- Frustration
- Toxic

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Taunt

Turtonator @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Iron Head

To start off, I'd just like to make it clear that scarf Lycan is wildly outclassed by Scarf Kabutops thanks to the more threatening dual stab it provides along with crucial utility in Rapid Spin, but Lycan can be nice as a late game threat as you never having to worry about missing Stone Edge thanks to No Guard. I'd never really recommend you seriously use Scarf Lycan but a request is a request so here we are. I figured hazard stack offense would be the best way to make Lycan work so you can overwhelm rock resists with all the residual damage. I started out with a pretty simple and reliable hazard stacking and abusing core of Qwilfish, Mesprit, and Kangaskhan. Qwilfish and Mesprit set your hazards to keep that important pressure up while also checking the fighting types that beat Lycan and Kangaskhan like Primeape and Gurdurr. Toxic Spikes are really important here for wearing down the likes of Poliwrath and Mudsdale that hard wall Lycanroc. Similarly, Fake Out Kanga can flinch your opponent for one extra turn of toxic damage and keep the pressure on. Z Double Edge on Kanga is useful here particularly to lure a slightly weakened Gurdurr, leaving room for Lycan to freely spam Stone Edge late game. With a solid backbone to the team set, I needed to address a few key issues I could see the team running into. Regirock and Mudsdale were looking to be quite difficult to take down and Rain teams also seemed particularly threatening to the core. Scarf Togedemaru and Lilligant could also both easily run through the team in the late game. In order to address these problems. I first added LO Floatzel in order to threaten Regirock and Mudsdale with strong water stab and check rain teams well with Swift Swim. HP Grass hits Lanturn mainly, while Taunt lets you prevent walls like Clef and Type Null from recovering and keeps the likes of Skuntank and Silvally from Defogging away your hazards you need. Floatzel in general really appreciates hazards as its nearly impossible to revenge without a scarfer and a few layers of hazards can turn 2hkos into ohkos. Next, I needed a way of dealing with Lilligant and Scarf Togedemaru in one slot. I tried out a few options, but ultimately decided on SS Turtonator here. Lilligant can't really do much to you unless its Z Hyper Beam, and Turt's unique typing lets it punish Toge by resisting both its stabs and taking negligible damage. This means your opponent has to think twice about revenging any of your mons as it risks giving Turt free setup. Don't be deceived though, Turt's role on this team is not to sweep as there are a lot of obstacles to sweeping with it thanks to it's poor speed even after a boost and how common priority is. What you should really be trying to do with Turt is bust a big hole in your opponents team with powerful +2 attacks so Floatzel or Lycanroc can clean in the late game.
Here's a few replays which should give you some idea of how to play with this team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-801965159
Here I setup Turt early in order to punch holes in my opponent's defensive core early on which ultimately lets Kangaskhan clean late game.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-801970815
Here I use how predictable rain teams have to play in order to constantly put myself one step ahead of my opponent. Two of the techs come in clutch here as Scarf Lycan puts his lead rain setter out of commission early and Z Double Edge knocks out his Mesprit before he can get off the crucial damage he would have needed.

Well there's the team. I hope you enjoy! :psyglad:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry this took about 2 1/2 months Broken Phobias but at long last here is your team!

Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Water Veil
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Mudsdale @ Figy Berry
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roar

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Taunt

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Waterfall

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

So this team went through a lot of changes since you requested and it was pretty difficult to patch up the weaknesses, but this was the end result of all the swaps. So starting with your requested mons, Floatzel went from special to physical and it was hard to keep a set down, but in the end, Banded was the way to go here as it does a solid amount of damage and and lure in and weaken stuff like Clefairy which can check Lilligant. Pursuit in the last slot helps with stuff like Sensu and Froslass not wanting to take a STAB Waterfall. Floatzel here struggles against opposing Waters which Lilligant sets up against (bar Qwilfish with Poison STAB), which shouldn't be too much of an issue. The set was changed to Life Orb with Giga Drain + HP Ice to help out against Dragons like Drampa and Altaria while also getting back some recovery in the process with Giga Drain. Of course without HP Rock Lilligant can't OHKO Scyther and is easily revenge killed by Scarf variants, so next I wanted a Stealth Rocker that acted as a Scyther check as well as a response to Aggron. Since Pyroar is no longer here, I made the switch from Regirock to Mudsdale and it can switch in on Aggron with ease and well as check Scyther. The set doesn't carry coverage for Flying-types, but Roar is a very nice move to click regardless as it prevent setup from the like of CM Oricorio-Sensu and bulky SD Scyther. Speaking of Sensu, It was added next as a Gurdurr response and a way to check Spiritomb which the team does struggle with otherwise as Z-Hurricane can do a solid amount of damage which still retaining some bulk to act as a pivot to stuff like Hitmonchan to block Rapid Spin. Next was Qwilfish as the team really benefitted from Spikes aiding in a potential Lilligant or Oricorio sweep while also acting as a T-Spike absorber and way of surprising slower foes with Destiny Bond and getting Rocky Helmet chip damage off on stuff like Kangaskhan. Last thing that was needed was some speed and Scarf Togedemaru covers this nicely as it provides momentum, appreciates the hazard stack, and can act as a potential wincon as well. Some things to note with the team is that it does struggles against stuff like Eelektross and A-Sandslash can be a pain with hail support, as well as Spiritomb, but these issues can be worked around with. Enjoy the team!

hello

the bat @ salac berry
ability: simple
evs: 4 def / 252 spa / 252 spe
timid nature
- calm mind
- stored power
- substitute
- signal beam

the bat. i want a post-tiss ban team, archetype doesnt matter it just has to include the bat. i lost to this on the ladder and it seemed pretty good

thank

-the bat (Swoobat) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power
- Air Slash

Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Toxic

Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Lilligant @ Choice Specs
Ability: Own Tempo
Modest Nature
- Petal Dance
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Healing Wish

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Toxic / Earthquake

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 176 Def / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Protect

wassup Leo i decided to take up your offer on building with -the bat. Basically, -the bat is at its best when u remove all the speed control and priority from the game and also since most of its checks don't have reliable recovery, you ideally want to play as passive team as possible for -the bat to put in work. So a natural partner and beginning of the balance core for this team was Rocky Helmet Sableye, u spread burns for the bat to tank more hits, u fuck with all the main speed control (toge/primeape) uturning on it is a complete pain and the faster they get whittled the better ur odds are with the bat. People also like to switch in skunk vs sableye, and with a combination of helmet and night shade, its actually a way better trade for u than it is for them, because you have- the bat. Toge was the next addition, for a similar reason. Iron Barbs Scarf Toge fits really well with the philosophy of whittling all the priority users, and as good speed control its a good mon to help the bat take on all speed control thanks to its great speed tier as well as useful typing /ability. I needed more immediate power in the next slot, but also preferably a reliable way of abusing/whittling regirock skunk type cores, so i went with specs modest lilli. The set really picked up traction during PUPL; access to powerful grass attacks is rlly nice, and healing wish is also vital support for -the bat. In the scenario where -the bat gets status'd it often becomes useless less useful since it needs a good settup turn to be truely effective. This often means getting status. Lilli gives -the bat a second life and is therefore not only a fantastic wallbreaker that puts pressure on all of -the bats checks, but also great support too. With the next slot I wanted a way of reliable checking Aurorus, another bat check, so i went with Utility Alolaslash. Provides great role compression, and in the event aurorus earth powers the Snowslash, u can pressure heavily with swoobat; consider that scarf aurorus cant outspeed maxspeed timid swoobat and suddenly a seemingly good prediction can be used to your advantage heavily. Lanturn is the final gluemon, there to check fires/electrics/swanna mainly but also to provide good volt switch momentum for lilli/the bat.

Weaknesses: any rock type ever (aggron /lycanroc / kabu), but all can be outplayed with a wisp from sableye or good offensive pressure from togedemaru. gurdurr is annoying, but the bat can abuse it and theoretically sableye wins 1v1 too at the cost of all of its health.

hopefully you have a bunch of fun with this team
-fellow bat lover

Felixx

I'm back.

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Trick

Trying to get into this tier bc it actually looks hella lit, so I want a team built around some broken wallbreaker shit. Maybe w/ some VoltTurn or Spikes support, all up to you guys, so get creative, but not too creative.

Combusken @ Firium Z
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Low Kick
- Protect

Hey everyone, shite teambuilder here. I was hoping I could get a team made around a pokemon that has caught my eye recently.

Combusken is interesting because, with Pyroar being gone, it is the most viable fire-type in the tier at the moment. I put Low Kick in this set over Focus Blast because I hate losing to low accuracy, and Low Kick still helps with things like Aggron and Aurorus. I was hoping for maybe a more offensive-focused team for Combusken, but I'll leave the format and ultimately the moveset up to the discretion of the builder. Also slightly off-topic, I would love to get into team building myself, so if any builders have advice on how to team build effectively please let me know, as I'd greatly appreciate it :)

hullo fellas! i am now the evil user in charge of this thread, and as such ill be continuing the excellent work put into place by yogi. I'll be (hopefully) implementing a faster procedure for teambuilders so people who request certain sets to be built with will get a much quicker response than was previously acceptable. I will also be notifying users whos teams are now out of date / have taken a long time to build so that they can choose if they want a new team built or the old idea, considering some teams have been sitting around for multiple metas.
thanks

liepard[1].gif

Liepard @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Copycat

Hi guys, find this set very interesting and fun to use.
But I have built horrible teams to use with it but still liked using the set though.
Thought I could get some help in building a team that would let Liepard truly excel.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Building a team doesn't take a week, why is this dead ._. I would be pleased to help making teams (2 requests? 2 teams can be made in 2 hours). I was told the teambuilder team doesn't need more members and that "the teams where almost ready", but nothing's happening here, so just wanna say that someone here who knows enough about PU (imo) wants to help newcomers get the teams they requested. Don't be like Macron vs the yellow vests, say openly if this is gonna remain dead or take action now :00

PS: last team was posted in september...

Building a team doesn't take a week, why is this dead ._. I would be pleased to help making teams (2 requests? 2 teams can be made in 2 hours). I was told the teambuilder team doesn't need more members and that "the teams where almost ready", but nothing's happening here, so just wanna say that someone here who knows enough about PU (imo) wants to help newcomers get the teams they requested. Don't be like Macron vs the yellow vests, say openly if this is gonna remain dead or take action now :00

PS: last team was posted in september...
yogi died and now dictator jihad (myself) has taken over. Recent weeks has been me trying to organise the last few weeks of requests; what has been done, what hasnt, what cant be done etc. As the new director of the PU teambuilding lab :tm:, ill be reorganising the lab in the coming days (as i mentioned in my "this is my thread now" post above) and letting people know which teams are going ahead to be built and not. I'll also be fully reviewing the Teambuilding Lab Builders :tm:, so if you (ktut) or anyone else think they have the credentials to be a builder, PM me on Discord, Tag me in the PU Discord or message me when im on PS. I probably won't consider adding you otherwise.
Thanks fellas

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Trick

Trying to get into this tier bc it actually looks hella lit, so I want a team built around some broken wallbreaker shit. Maybe w/ some VoltTurn or Spikes support, all up to you guys, so get creative, but not too creative.
Hey, Felixx - I got creative, but not too creative, with a team built around Specs Jellicent. I hope you enjoy!

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball
- Earth Power

Regirock @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Toxic
- Drain Punch
- Stealth Rock

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Ability: Aftermath
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Toxic

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 184 HP / 92 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hurricane

Ability: Sturdy / Iron Barbs
Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Reversal / Toxic

You can pretty much tell looking at this team that I built this during Dodrio: The Meta™ when everyone was looking to abuse that, as I've included 3 Flying checks + Jellicent to cause Jump Kick recoil + Aftermath and Iron Barbs. That's a lot of prep for Dodrio, sure, but the star of this team is really Jellicent here. The team is built in such a way that its barriers to breaking are handled competently, as I've got Oricorio-E handling Grass-types that are bothersome to Jellicent like Lilligant, Bellossom, Roselia, etc. Togedemaru is excellent in bringing out the Pokemon that Jellicent is made to break too, like Mudsdale, Aggron, Weezing, Sableye, Quagsire, and more. Pokemon like Oricorio-E, Togedemaru, and Skuntank are great to have alongside Jellicent in general, as they offer solid resistances to Jellicent's weaknesses. Defensively, Jellicent does a lot for this team in return, as it checks Alolan Sandslash via its typing, which would be really threatening here otherwise, and its ability supports both Regirock and Claydol. IMO, every team in this meta ought to have Water and Ghost resists for causing 50/50's against other Jellicent, and you see that here with this combination of Jellicent and Skuntank. Claydol keeps Jellicent at high HP by removing entry hazards for it, so that Water Spout's damage output is kept as high as possible.

Claydol is a rather niche pick in this meta, but I think it works well here, especially in tandem with Togedemaru and Skuntank. It functions as a hard stop to this meta's iteration of Hitmonchan, given that most are carrying Thunder Punch now (as super effective coverage for Qwilfish, Jellicent, and Oricorio-Sensu), as well as a nice check to prominent physically offensive threats like Aggron, Lycanroc, Gurdurr, and more. By removing these threats, Claydol's presence here allows Skuntank and Togedemaru to clean effectively late-game. I'm running Claydol a bit differently too, as I'm using invested Shadow Ball as a tech for hitting common Rapid Spin switch-ins, so that Pokemon like Froslass and Jellicent are too pressured to do what they want, i.e. setting up Spikes or wallbreaking, respectively. Claydol's utility as a Volt stop can be handy against Togedemaru when that locks into Zing Zap, slower Lanturn clicking Volt Switch, and the occasional Specs/Scarf Manectric, but that's about it.

Given Jellicent is run offensively, the team can struggle a bit with that standard Hail core of Alolan Sandslash + Aurorus when Jellicent's been worn down sufficiently, so Regirock is running Drain Punch here to help check them. Not only does Drain Punch with the given investment allow Regirock to OHKO Aurorus (24 Atk Regirock Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Aurorus: 292-344 (75.4 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock), but it also helps when you're forced to stay in when Stoutland uses Superpower or against Steel-types like Aggron. 24 Atk Drain Punch to Stoutland after a Superpower drop recovers roughly 25% HP, while 2 Adamant CB Superpowers (drop in Attack factored in) can only 2HKO Regirock assuming Spikes/Stealth Rock are in play. Regirock is pretty standard otherwise, as it's here to answer potent threats like Dodrio, Stoutland, Skuntank, etc. and weaken its switch-ins with either Toxic or Stealth Rock. It shares awesome type synergy with its teammates here, so I won't go into the basics too much, but it just fits really well and allows Pokemon pressured by Skuntank, Dodrio, Scyther, Stoutland, etc. like Claydol and Jellicent to really shine.

Like Regirock, Skuntank is mostly just glue here, as it keeps Jellicent close to max HP by removing Toxic Spikes, breaks down Togedemaru's defensive answers (ex. Mudsdale, Quagsire, Sableye) via a combination of Taunt and Toxic, and its defensive answers are covered nicely by Oricorio-E, Jellicent, and Claydol. Consequently, it's often poised to clean late-game with its STAB Sucker Punch. It also applies a lot of pressure to Pokemon like Shiftry and Haunter, which are admittedly annoying threats for this team to handle.

Oricorio-E is awesome for luring and breaking Jellicent's, Togedemaru's, and Skuntank's checks. Specifically, its unboosted Hidden Power Ground scores a surprise OHKO on Aggron and Togedemaru (92 SpA Oricorio-Pom-Pom Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 284-336 (101 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO), and its Calm Mind-boosted Hidden Power Ground breaks down threats like Lanturn and other slowing Flying resists, allowing Oricorio-E itself to break whatever it needs with Z Hurricane. Luring Togedemaru and Aggron or breaking down stuff like Lanturn is huge in removing offensive pressure from the team by limiting 50/50's against Lanturn, removing Volt stops so that Togedemaru can clean, while really limiting Aggron's ability to break something here. Oricorio-E pulls triple duty in checking Grass-types like Lilligant, Fighting-types like Gurdurr, and is the team's wincon against more defensively-inclined teams.

Togedemaru rounds out the team with some much needed Speed control, and is fast enough for potent threats like Modest Ludicolo in Rain, SS Omastar, +1 Lilligant, Alolan Raichu, Lycanroc (when high HP), etc. U-turn is pivotal (ha) in creating opportunities for Jellicent to break Togedemaru's switch-ins, and so you'll be clicking that a fair bit unless you're fighting something like RH Weezing, in which case you'll just double to Jellicent. Togedemaru is running Reversal here as a tech for other Togedemaru and Aggron, which lessens that defensive burden on Claydol so that it's in a better position to clear entry hazards. But, if you do not run Reversal on Togedemaru, at least run Iron Barbs for things like opposing Togedemaru, Dodrio, Mesprit, and the occasional Scyther.

As far as weaknesses go, strong Dark-types like Alolan Raticate, Absol, and to a lesser extent, Shiftry destroy this sort of comp when you have Skuntank as your Dark resist. Breakers like Exeggutor-A are also strong against this configuration, as you can see in the replay below. Lastly, I think traditional Hail cores pose a threat to this team if you're outplayed, but it won't be an automatic loss by any means given most of your Pokemon here check Modest Aurorus and you've got Jellicent for Alolan Sandslash.

replay vs LordST: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-826883439

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)