Other Metagames [Pure Hackmons] The Royal Army (NOW DEFUNCT)

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

(Undertale - Mashup Remix)

The Royal Army

THIS IS MY LAST UNDERTALE-BASED RMT I SWEAR!!!

but that just means I'm going all out this time :mehowth:
Before I began laddering with The Royal Army I've decided to give every Pokémon on the team Undertale-based names and made the account I was laddering with hold an Undertale reference. This couldn't have been more of a coincidence.

Warning: This contains Undertale spoilers.

King Asgore has waged a war against humanity and brought in some of his most powerful units for world domination. Fate is on your hands. You can defeat Asgore by reading through this RMT, liking this post, and recruiting a copy of his own army to conquer the lives of other mere mortals. Otherwise, you let us all down. Don't let us all down :psysad:. Together, we can all successfully reign over the king and save humanity!

Introduction
Hello! This is the actual introduction. As you may have noticed, this is a Gen 8 Pure Hackmons RMT. It was used almost three months ago while Gen 8 Pure Hackmons was in the middle of its OMotM period. Despite this having been a new ladder to enjoy at the time, I initially planned to not make an RMT for this format and wanted to turn all my most successful teams into samples. That was the plan...

but then I got this...

which ended up being this...

and at this point I just felt obligated to make one.

This team was built in an attempt to make 88 GXE in this format as I've done in Gen 6 Classic Hackmons. It took two attempts. The first attempt was a major fail because I encountered the best player on ladder and lost to them at least six times in a row. Before I could even make a second attempt with the team I honestly made 88 GXE on a different account using a different team. I decided to ignore that however.

Achievements:
37-0 win streak
90% GXE

On the variant of this team I got 37-0 with two of the Pokémon had Mail. Turns out Mail is actually not in Sword and Shield and those items became ineligible. Both items have been replaced accordingly.

Teambuilding Process
The team was initially much different when I first built it. It was an attempt to use more Stored Power HO spam on the account Star Mikaruge. Star Mikaruge was account I had a failed attempt with when trying to make 88 GXE (I made ~85 GXE max but couldn't get further because I ended up facing the best player on ladder every other game). That's not to say I didn't learn from all of those matches though. For example, I've learned that running this:

was not going to work.
This section of the RMT will be based on what changed from the initial set of six above.

The user I claim to have been the best on the Gen 8 PH ladder is Wiso Altred. (Spoiler: This is fact, don't @ me. He could've probably made 50-0 if he tried)
On one of my first encounters against him using my Star Mikaruge account he noticed how I was running a Gourgeist hazard lead (this really only works if you're spamming Eterna HO tbh). He brought an incredibly vicious Zacian-Crowned lead I kept getting demolished by to the point where he suggested I'd run the same lead myself. I took that initiative and let me just say, wow Zacian-Crowned is a disgusting lead.

Did I also mention he was the first who came up with proper Stored Power Eternamax sets? Yeah I've been using those as well and even running different variants of them that ended up destroying the ladder. Imprison is the most notable tech it had and the majority of teams automatically lost against this beast among making a single wrong play. Eternamax was not only added because it's a great sweeper but also because it's the main focus of the entire metagame, it was thought to have been absolutely required at the time, and its core with Zacian-Crowned is as perfect as a core could get in this format.

In Pure Hackmons it's ok to be greedy. I wanted another Stored Power sweeper but I also wanted a spinblocker because it's important for these types of sweepers to be able to break sashes and rolls against opposing Eternamax. Lunala is too weak to take care of Eternamax and Mewtwo cannot spinblock and is more difficult to set up with. Necrozma-Dawn-Wings is really the best option fitting both of these roles simultaneously.

There are a lot of Stored Power sweepers in this format and they're all among the most centralizing. A good Stored Power wall is just about essential. Aegislash is one of the best for this due to its combination of Steel-typing and base 140 Special Defense. It is also a second spinblocker, which is helpful because Defog and Court Change are rather rare in Pure Hackmons when compared to Rapid Spin. Bulky Ghost-types are also useful because they increase the chances of being able to fight off Final Gambit spam, which an Umbreon is absolutely unable to do.

To reiterate, in Pure Hackmons it's ok to be greedy. Zacian-Crowned is not only immensely brutal as a lead, it's immensely brutal as a Pokémon in general. You'd rather be facing Eternamax than Zacian-Crowned in most cases despite the BST difference. Zacian-Crowned has a god tier Speed and Attack stat combination that honestly makes Mega Rayquaza's stat spread look balanced. With this along with its Steel-typing allowing it to use STAB Double Iron Bash, I think it's safe to say a second Zacian-Crowned is definitely worth having on a team.

Here lies a third Stored Power sweeper to show you how chaotic the Gen 8 format could get. Indeedee is one of the best Pokémon in Pure Hackmons. It's usually surprising to people who don't play because this Pokémon only has 475 BST. However, this metagame is by far most centralized around Eternamax, Heart Swap does not exist as of current, and Indeedee has the best type combination in the entire metagame. Not only does it get STAB Stored Power and a decent enough SpA to OHKO Eternamax after two Shell Smashes, because Heart Swap doesn't exist and Pokémon can freely set up in many cases, Spectral Thief is also among one of the most common moves in the meta. Indeedee's Normal-typing blocks Spectral Thief and it can continue setting up until it's ready to sweep. Sure it has to use up two turns, but it's easier for this Pokémon to with a combination of this immunity, the opportunity to inflict sleep status with Spore, and the fact that this metagame's only real breakers are Zacian-Crowned and OHKO/Final Gambit spam Eternamax. If it's not Zacian-Crowned, an OHKO/Final Gambit Eternamax, or anything listed in the Checks and Counters section below, it's likely giving this Pokémon the opportunity to use Spore and/or set up. Another thing to point out is that this Indeedee is female. Its male forme has the better stats for Indeedee's role but the differences are often quite slim and unnoticeable in full play and a female Indeedee with Modest nature isn't really going to miss out on what male Indeedee can do unless there's some rare case for an exception.

The Team
Before looking down it's important to know that all of these Pokémon were given an odd number of HP. This was because of their known reputation in Pure Hackmons to choose an extra turn of survivability against hazards and other forms of passive damage. For Gen 8 PH in particular the only breakers either use OHKO moves, are Double Iron Bash Zacian-Crowned, or are unable to realistically pull off much damage.

NOTICE
You should also be aware that Neutralizing Gas is the most broken ability to have ever existed in competitive Pokémon. It eliminates nearly every other ability and leaves only a few remaining relevant. As a result you will see Neutralizing Gas on almost all of these Pokémon.

Neutralizing Gas has become the new main centralizing force of the metagame succeeding after the several previous generations of Wonder Guard and No Guard. What this ability does is shut every other ability down in its presence allowing those with a particular great stat or stat spread to thrive. Pokémon with high offenses who to set up, can much easier. Pokémon who want to wall as much of the meta as they want, also can much easier. All other abilities are shut down whether they're for utility, boosting offenses, or boosting defenses. Pokémon will have to run ability-changing moves such as Gastro Acid and Entrainment for their own ability to be effective in battle.

Examples of widely affected abilities: No Guard, Wonder Guard, Shadow Tag, Innards Out, Imposter, Huge Power, Pure Power
The quote above was me underestimating its impact. Comatose is the only consistently good ability remaining unaffected and this will be pointed out below.

Wisolovania (Zacian-Crowned) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Stealth Rock
- Nuzzle
- Whirlwind
- Double Iron Bash

Find this thing in team preview and you already know you're up for a bad time. Facing a Zacian-Crowned was wild enough to remind me of when I fought Sans so Megalovania might as well be its theme song. Also giving credit to Wiso because he not only convinced me to run this as a lead, but he was by far more difficult to win against than anyone else who played the meta. This Zacian-Crowned is a Nuzzle hazard setter with Lum Berry. Lum Berry is used to go against opposing Nuzzle Zacian-Crowned leads and anything with Spore. With base 170 Attack, 148 Speed, a good Steel/Fairy type combination, and great 92/115/115 Defenses, Zacian-Crowned really just takes care of itself in most cases. It's definitely a highly flexible Pokémon that can run too many different sets, but although it can run so many sets, it prefers to run Jolly because of how valuable its base 148 Speed is. It cannot risk getting outsped by opposing Zacian-Crowned for the fear of it getting flinchspammed by opposing Double Iron Bash attacks.

Move Descriptions
Stealth Rock - This is what Zacian-Crowned uses to set up hazards as a lead. It's essential for powerful offense teams to carry some sort of hazard for opposing Eternamax whether it's Stealth Rock or Spikes. Hazards are also essential to deal with the many potential Sash users. Stealth Rock is better in most cases because it can punish Flying-type Pokémon and Kyurem-White, who is another one of the best sweepers in this format.
Nuzzle
- Nuzzle does two things. It helps slow down the opposing Ninjask and Zacian-Crowned allowing this one to outspeed and it gives them the chance of becoming fully paralyzed in each turn. Both of these give this Zacian-Crowned a much better chance of stomping any opposing threat with Double Iron Bash as it carries a 51% chance flinch rate and that can stack on top of the 25% full paralysis rate.
Whirlwind
- Whirlwind gets rid of Substitute Pokémon, random first turn Shell Smashers, and cheesy Truant gimmicks you may mindlessly fall under. Taunt also works but Whirlwind is used over Taunt here in case you want to use Nuzzle or Stealth Rock and don't see their first move coming. This move fights back better because it isn't blocked by Max Guard and if you get hit with Magic Coat you can retaliate better with most switchins.
Double Iron Bash
- This is Zacian-Crowned's signature attack in Pure Hackmons, a move with 60 BP that hits twice with a 51% total chance to flinch the opposing target. Having base 170 Attack for damage, base 148 Speed for flinch chances, and STAB for even more damage allows this move to work wonders when carried by this Pokémon. This move is so perfect for Zacian-Crowned that I even sometimes have a hard time understanding it cannot naturally learn this. Thank goodness it cannot though.

Omega Flowey (Eternatus-Eternamax) (M) @ Safety Goggles
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Imprison

This is Eternamax. Eternamax is beyond a background. If you look into the Pure Hackmons thread you'll see all sorts of posts about how influential this beast is in the meta it owns. Let me tell you it's definitely a menace. The Pokémon holding this set above is a gigantic 1125 BST hand dragon with defenses higher than Ultra Necrozma's entire stat spread combined. A full 255/250/250! Eternamax's stats are about as crazy as Omega Flowey is as a character, hence the name given for it. The first thing to notice about Omega Flowey over here is its item. Its been given Safety Goggles because it is objectively the best item for this set. It's going to need two turns to set up and along with Spectral Thief, Spore is one of the most common moves in the metagame. Most people who have the move will try to use it, so it's best they remain unable to inflict sleep status on this Pokémon. Next thing to notice is its 160 Happiness. This is the max amount of happiness a Pokémon can get in Gen 8. This happiness stat is absolutely pointless here but who's to say I don't like a happy Eternamax? Gotta say though this camper can't be too happy. Giving Stored Power Eternamax Jolly nature is a sin you would be greatly punished for as it misses out on too many vital KOs.
[Calcs comparing neutral SpA nature to beneficiary SpA nature]
+4 252 SpA Eternatus-Eternamax Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 296-348 (76.2 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+4 252+ SpA Eternatus-Eternamax Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 324-382 (83.5 - 98.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+4 252+ SpA Eternatus-Eternamax Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eternatus-Eternamax: 650-766 (91.1 - 107.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+4 252 SpA Eternatus-Eternamax Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eternatus-Eternamax: 592-698 (83 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Imagine if it were given an -SpA nature instead...
Modest or any other +SpA nature must be given for this set to consistently get KOs.

Stored Power Eternamax comes in many different forms. This means it can use all sorts of different filler moves such as Bolt Beak, Taunt, Magic Coat, Horn Drill, or Fissure. I just happened to decide to run the most basic one however.

Move Decriptions
Spectral Thief - There's a reason why 49% of Eternamax run Spectral Thief in high ladder PH. Half the living beings in the game will try to set up in front of it. Whether it's Mewtwo, Kyurem-White, Dawn Wings, a Wonder Guard, or an opposing Eternamax, not running this move on an offensive Eternamax will dramatically increase your chances of losing a match. This Ghost-type move significantly helps against almost all of the biggest sweepers in the entire metagame and can even be used with Imprison to stop other targets from stealing its own stat boosts.
Shell Smash - Eternamax will need at least two turns of Shell Smash in order to properly sweep. The hassle needed to be done in order to pull this off is well worth it and is actually surprisingly easy if you brought the right filler move at the right time.
Stored Power - Stored Power is the single most destructive move in the entire metagame. You are going to see a combination of Shell Smash and Stored Power on half of this team for great reasons. Stored Power increases +20 BP per stat boost, and for Eternamax's case once it hits two Shell Smashes and gets x3 in Atk, SpA, Spe stats, this move is mopping through everyone's floor with 260 BP. The reasons why this move is so special is because it stacks up upon acquiring multiple stat boosts and it's a Psychic-type move, which opposing Eternamax are weak to.
Imprison - Highly valuable tech which I can thank WrathoftheLeopard for giving the idea of. This move is used to have Eternamax keep all of its moves to itself. Upon usage the target would become unable to use Spectral Thief, Stored Power, or Shell Smash at all, and this could greatly increase your chances of getting a free turn.
I'm putting a summary here because oftentimes when people use my teams they don't run this set very well and miss out on their opportunity to win.

Getting one Shell Smash in is very easy so in most cases. I just send out Eternamax, use Shell Smash once, and then use Imprison. Once the target is out of the way and blocked Eternamax is usually given a free turn to Shell Smash a second time. Afterwards, it becomes very difficult for most teams to stop. To elaborate, the idea is you don't want to Imprison right away. You want to Shell Smash first (and outslow the target before doing so if you can but this isn't a big issue since most battlers wouldn't click Spectral Thief before seeing stat boosts). After you Shell Smash you click Imprison and in many cases will you see the target try to Spectral Thief and fail. Spectral Thief is perhaps the most common move in the entire metagame so I can only put so much emphasis in how well this works. After you use Imprison and they're locked out of Spectral Thief, they will most likely switch out or use a move that's ineffective. Either way you are being given a free turn to set up to x3 Atk, x3 SpA, x3 Spe. Afterwards, you either sweep or make an attempt to sweep.

God of Hyperdeath (Necrozma-Dawn-Wings) (M) @ Mind Plate
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Stored Power
- Flamethrower

Isn't God of Hyperdeath fitting for a name on Necrozma-Dawn-Wings? Dawn Wings looks a lot like Asriel Dreamurr and can just as well be very devastating to battle off against! Despite this, if you want me to be honest, this Pokémon has 0 Atk IVs because it's not using any physical attacks. Anyway, like the Eternamax, this Pokémon has 160 happiness for no reason and absolutely needs to be Modest or any other +SpA nature for this set to work. However, the key differences here are, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings is able to rely on just one Shell Smash most of the time and is in dire need of either Mind Plate, Expert Belt, or Life Orb in order for it to achieve its goal. It has Mind Plate here because Dawn Wings is prone to taking lots of damages beforehand and Life Orb chips off even more damage each turn, hindering its chances to sweep. Those three items all boost Stored Power's effectiveness against Eternamax allowing Eternamax to be KOed at x2 Atk, x2 SpA, x2 Spe. Also, I could've used Mewtwo, Kyurem-White, or a second Eternamax. Each of those are great in their own aspects. However, I decided to run Necrozma-Dawn-Wings because I needed a spinblocker to keep rocks up and sweep more efficiently. I can also say that Dawn Wings can be upfront more often than Kyurem-White and Mewtwo because it has the more opportunities to come in and sweep. If any of the three get hit by Knock Off, they're each screwed. If any of the three get hit by Spectral Thief, they're each screwed, although Kyurem-White is to a lesser extent. If any of the three get hit by Rapid Spin... only Mewtwo and Kyurem-White out of the three are screwed unless it's very late in the game and all of the Eternamax have been chipped well enough. Good luck with that when it has 270% usage. This Pokémon is underrated :(.

+2 252+ SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus-Eternamax: 546-644 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus-Eternamax in Psychic Terrain: 662-780 (92.8 - 109.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus-Eternamax in Psychic Terrain: 602-710 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eternatus-Eternamax in Psychic Terrain: 602-710 (84.4 - 99.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Max Mindstorm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eternatus-Eternamax in Psychic Terrain: 548-648 (76.8 - 90.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
It will need to Dynamax or use Spore to Shell Smash twice if there are multiple Eternamax.

Move Descriptions
Spore - For Stored Power sweepers who are less bulky than Eternamax, Spore is a pretty good option. It's a 100% accurate sleep move that punishes any opposing target for not running Safety Goggles or Grass-type. This move causes the opponent to fall asleep for 1-3 turns, giving Necrozma-Dawn-Wings the free turn it needs to Shell Smash once, or even twice.
Shell Smash - As you can tell, this is the main stat-boosting move for sweepers in Pure Hackmons. It can be used after Spore lures a target to sleep or if Dawn-Wings feels confident enough to randomly set up and gain at least x2 Atk, x2 SpA, x2 Spe stats.
Stored Power - Eternamax is no joke. The entire metagame has to stand their ground and go all out against it. Aside from running OHKO attacks it is most prominently done by running Stored Power after setting up stats. It works wonders because Eternamax is weak to Psychic-type moves and most other Pokémon are falling victim to this if a Pokémon with base 255/250/250 defenses is.
Flamethrower - For the Pokémon who do take Stored Power because they either resist or are immune to it, here's a coverage move. Flamethrower is good for dealing with the prominent Steel-types made to fight off against this metagame's most centralizing breakers and sweepers. Stuff like Zacian-Crowned, Aegislash, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane are examples. They can also be used on Dark-types but I recommend just switching into a different Pokémon at that point unless you want to change this coverage option to Moonblast.

Royal Guard (Aegislash) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Knock Off
- King's Shield
- Recover

Who's a good royal guard doggy? You are yes you are! This doggo is a royal guard carrying a sword and shield. Aegislash IS a sword and shield so the name works out perfectly! The happiness stat is pointless again but a bad dog is a sad dog. You may be able to tell already but Pokémon is vastly different from the rest. First of all, Magic Bounce is pretty much required on at least one Pokémon in each team. Comatose not being affected by Neutralizing Gas means threats like Ninjask and Zacian-Crowned can comaphase by running a Choice Scarf item and Comatose ability with Sleep Talk, Whirlwind, and Roar as moves. With Zacian-Crowned and OHKO/Final Gambit Eternamax being the only real breakers in this format, opportunities to deal with Comaphazing fall short. On paper, Magic Coat could work, but you would have to spam Magic Coat on multiple Pokémon moveslots, which just isn't worth it on offense teams when most of the Pokémon already have crazy 4-moveslot syndrome. Run any less and you could risk the target going through an entire round of Sleep Talk power points without ever having your Magic Coat Pokémon phazed in. Magic Bounce is by far the best bounce option because it's the only way you can consistently deal with Comaphazing without sacrificing a lot. Something else that's also required on this offense team is a Stored Power wall. This can be in the form of a bulky Dark-type or Steel-type Pokémon. Aegislash successfully fulfills this role. These types of Pokémon don't necessarily need a particular ability to thrive and because of this Magic Bounce is perfectly convenient. Aegislash is also a Ghost-type, enabling it to spinblock and avoid getting KOed by Final Gambit Eternamax under the right plays. Lum Berry is its item because I treated this Aegislash as a natural Zacian-Crowned switchin and it could help with Nuzzle. It works to knock off opposing Zacian-Crowned items and lower its attack with King's Shield. There's not much it needs as long as it could block the opposing Pokémon's moves. Impish nature has been given specifically for take Spectral Thief attacks more efficiently since it's weak to those.

Move Descriptions
Haze - If you're gonna wall Stored Power sweepers, you're gonna want to clear the sweeper's stats. I heavily don't recommend running Spectral Thief on these types of Pokémon because if you're dealing with an Imprison Eternamax they can block your Spectral Thief, continue to set up, and be incredibly annoying by having you spam recovery moves in order to take care of it.
Knock Off - This move single-handedly ruins most sweepers as they either need an item to KO Eternamax after setting up, are prone to getting KOed by this move due to its typing, or are more vulnerable to getting Spore'd on by this team's own sweepers in the future. You'll love being able to knock off the opponent's items.
King's Shield - This is a filler option, mostly used for hindering opposing Zacian-Crowned. Lots of Zacian-Crowned carry Rapid Spin, Double Iron Bash, and/or Nuzzle anyway and Aegislash is very easily able to punish it, then convince it to switch out leaving you able to predict and switch into one of sweepers on this team.
Recover - This move is mandatory if the aim is to wall a specific type of Pokémon. Otherwise there's no point in running this set. Recover gives Aegislash 50% of its HP back whenever it gets chipped and allows it to resume whatever it's been doing in battle.

Wisolovania (Zacian-Crowned) (M) @ Rusted Sword
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Nuzzle
- Taunt
- Double Iron Bash

1 2 [Rick]. What kind of monster do you have to be to face Sans TWICE??? Just ONE is difficult enough!!! Yeah as mentioned before there's absolutely nothing wrong with running a second Zacian-Crowned on any team in this format. Plenty of Gen 8 PH experts can generally agree that Zacian-Crowned consistently competes with Eternamax for the top spot. As you can tell, this Zacian-Crowned is very similar to the lead Zacian-Crowned set, and it's all because it's just that effective. Simple! Although I must say while I was on the Star Mikaruge account I was having issues with the frequency of opposing users running Trickscarf Zacian-Crowned sets so I decided something was needed to block Trickscarf. Unfortunately one of the only relevant items that can fulfill this task in Gen 8 are Rusted Sword and Rusted Shield. Rusted Sword can only work on Zacian-Crowned and Rusted Shield can only be used on Zamazenta-Crowned. Aside from this only the moves are different in this Pokémon, and if you want most of the general description of how this Zacian-Crowned works you can scroll back up to the lead set because it's the same Pokémon anyway.

The [Rick] link is definitely Rick Astley. Don't hate on me for rickrolling you if you clicked it once without expecting it. I tried to make it clear :(!

Move Descriptions
Rapid Spin - Great move this gen because it increases the user's speed and you really want your own hazards up when running offense. Zacian-Crowned absolutely loves Rapid Spin because it compliments all three of its other moves while clearing hazards to make sweeping even more difficult for your opponent to accomplish.
Nuzzle - Nuzzle does the same two things as what it does for lead Zacian-Crowned, but with Rapid Spin it's able to get off paras first, which is important in Zacian-Crowned vs Zacian-Crowned matchups.
Taunt - Like Knock Off on Aegislash, Taunt on Zacian-Crowned also single-handedly ruins sweepers. The difference here is, Taunt is a status move that only temporarily stops them although it stops even more sweepers than Knock Off. This is a highly spammable move that's able to prevent opposing targets from boosting their stats, setting up hazards, or inflicting sleep with Spore. Many teams like this one for example can crumble very easily upon the opponent overusing this move in battle. Another thing is, you end up outspeeding every Pokémon bar Scarf Ninjask after a Rapid Spin boost, so in return you're able to Taunt nearly anything afterwards and avoid even Trick for the next few turns, giving you lots of momentum!
Double Iron Bash
- This is Zacian-Crowned's signature attack in Pure Hackmons, a move with 60 BP that hits twice with a 51% total chance to flinch the opposing target. Having base 170 Attack for damage, base 148 Speed for flinch chances, and STAB for even more damage allows this move to work wonders when carried by this Pokémon. This move is so perfect for Zacian-Crowned that I even sometimes have a hard time understanding it cannot naturally learn this. Thank goodness it cannot though.... Yeah this was worth copy/pasting. Also note the fact that with 1 Rapid Spin speed boost, it outspeeds everything except scarf Ninjask and you're able to get flinches with Double Iron Bash even more easily.

Toriel (Indeedee-F) (F) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Spore
- Shell Smash
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

Last but certainly not least you have Toriel, who on this team as a female Indeedee. She's a sweet old lady who does no harm until you try facing her in battle! As previously stated in the Teambuilding Process, Indeedee has the best typing in the game and while Male Indeedee has better stats for a sweeper since its SpA and Speed are higher, the differences haven't proven to make any real impact in battle after Indeedee fully sets up. If Indeedee doesn't fully set up with two Shell Smashes it's going to have an incredibly difficult time dealing with targets regardless of whatever forme it's in until it manages to use Spore. Assuming rocks are up on the opposing side running either Timid or Modest nature Indeedee-F is fine, although here it's Modest to make the most out of sacrificing 10 base SpA for some bulk.

+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus-Eternamax: 884-1044 (123.9 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Zacian-Crowned: 403-474 (104.1 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252 SpD Mandibuzz: 448-528 (105.9 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 328-388 (83.4 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 328-388 (83.4 - 98.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+4 252+ SpA Indeedee-F Max Starfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 480-566 (122.1 - 144%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Indeedee-F should probably Dynamax if it's facing Umbreon. Otherwise things are all good.

It is using no physical attacks so its Attack IVs aren't needed, and this is a sweeper that requires two stat boosts in order to be effective at sweeping. Safety Goggles is ultimately the best item for it as a result since requiring two turns to set up tends to promote targets making failed attempts to lure it to sleep. Toriel is an absolute beast and its set is really simple. Here are its moves:

Move Descriptions
Spore - For Stored Power sweepers who are less bulky than Eternamax, Spore is a pretty good option. It's a 100% accurate sleep move that punishes any opposing target for not running Safety Goggles or Grass-type. This move causes the opponent to fall asleep for 1-3 turns, likely giving Indeedee the two turns it needs to sweep. This was worth copy/pasting.
Shell Smash - Indeedee is not going anywhere unless it can achieve getting the two Shell Smash boosts it needs. This move is essential. It can and should be used after Spore lures the target to sleep.
Moonblast - Because the Necrozma-Dawn-Wings on this team carries Flamethrower for Steel-type walls, Moonblast is necessary on this sweeper to take care of Dark-type walls. All of the most prominent Dark-type Pokémon in this format are weak to Fairy-type attacks so having this move equipped while sweeping would definitely help. Another thing to point out is that Indeedee-Female at x3 Atk, x3 SpA, x3 Spe is much more powerful than Necrozma-Dawn-Wings at x2 Atk, x2 SpA, x2 Speed. Many Steel-types can be naturally taken care of unless they are able to Dynamax. It is usually the Dark-type, the Steel-type, or a Shell Smash sweeper who Dynamax in battle and the Dawn Wings can trigger one of them, while Eternamax can trigger another just to secure Indeedee's winning chances even further.

Stored Power - If anything, this and Shell Smash are closer to being Indeedee's signature moves than anyone else's. Not only does it have a Normal-type/Psychic-type combination to ensure blocking Spectral Thief and STAB Stored Power, but both of these moves also have 99% usage on Indeedee-Female. Even on Male Indeedee does Stored Power carry a 99% usage rate, but I don't know Male Indeedee's Shell Smash usage ended up being 88%. Some players must be crazy. Shell Smash + Stored Power is the only strategy Indeedee can pull off in this format while still being justifiable to use and it's one of the best Pokémon in Pure Hackmons because of effective this strategy is.

Checks and Counters
Despite making 37-0 this team still has some very notable checks and counters. Here are all the main ones:
Tauntspam - Tauntspam is a massive counter to this team as it's mostly dependent on 3 Shell Smash + Stored Power users to take down Eternamax and its squads. This team's Zacian-Crowned can deal with anything else bar Eternamax so Shell Smash + Stored Power is really the only wincon. It being threatened badly harms the team.

Safety Goggles Whirlwind Eternamax
- Another thing to note is that none of the setup sweepers have Taunt or Magic Coat on their own to counteract against the bulky Whirlwind Pokémon. These Pokémon tend to take advantage of Pokémon who require two Shell Smashes. Spore would be the only full counteraction this team has against bulky Whirlwind and with Safety Goggles that opportunity is shut down. The entire game is left solely dependent on whether or not Necrozma-Dawn-Wings can set up and sweep at the right moment.

Zacian-Crownedspam - Gonna be honest there's no way out of this checking almost every standard PH team :blobshrug:. Zacian-Crowned is just that good. It beats everything! This includes Eternamax but with the use of OHKO moves.

OHKO moves
- Unless you're running Substitute spam or are incredibly fortunate there's no way out of this. All Pokémon are free to get OHKOed at any time. The only ways you're really dealing with these moves are by spamming Substitute and/or by not getting unlucky.

Replays
The elo are how much each opponent had before the match ended.

Not all of these replays are perfect. A few of them were won due to lots of hax.

Dawn Wings Sweeps:
[1675 Elo] monsareeasy's team: Kyurem-White / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned
[Roomtour] The Move Reminder's team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Ninjask / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax
[Friendly] Tmi489's team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax

Indeedee Sweeps:
[1663 Elo] Wiso2's team: Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned / Mandibuzz / Indeedee / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax
[1423 Elo]
arkeis's team: Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Indeedee / Corviknight / Mandibuzz / Eternatus-Eternamax

Eternamax Sweeps:
[1690 Elo] Wiso2's team: Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned / Mandibuzz / Indeedee / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax
[1225 Elo]
TwoLargeGayMen's team: Gourgeist-* / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Reshiram / Grimmsnarl
[1409 Elo] You Are My Sons's team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Indeedee / Dragapult
[Roomtour]
Sarato°~°'s team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Kyurem-White / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zeraora

Tauntspam losses:
[Friendly] monsareeasy's team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax
[Friendly] monsareeasy's team: Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax

Miscellaneous Losses:
[Friendly]
Wiso2's team: Zacian-Crowned / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Mandibuzz / Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax

I also lost to this massive tauntspam team that made at least 40-0 on ladder as it anti-meta'd everything but I don't have a replay for that with this RMT'd team. Instead, there will be a link of when I tried to ladder without Eternamax or Zacian-Crowned:
[1627 Elo]
65658u76768's team: Zacian-Crowned / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Eternatus-Eternamax / Umbreon / Eternatus-Eternamax

Conclusion
Congratulations if you read all the way through to this part of the RMT! You have beaten Asgore and saved humanity!
Honestly I expected to successfully make 88 GXE throughout the run but did not expect to make it through undefeated and because I continued playing to see how far I'd get. I ended up losing to Wiso after the 37th match but afterwards I still had 89 GXE. This convinced me to make a successful attempt to end with 90 GXE so I made it there and left the account alone from that point. I'm amazed to have gotten this streak. I initially believed being this consistent on the ladder was impossible as Zacian-Crowned made it so heavily RNG-reliant, but then I saw dimrah make 40-0 and was given hope! Throughout the entire run I only tried to avoid the best player on ladder and kept finding them anyway but nevertheless it was mostly done in a convenient time and the replays above were against most of this format's best players at the time. Thanks for reading this RMT. If you have any advice or comments to offer feel free to post down below. Feel free to also grab the team from this importable below:

Importable:

Last edited:
while i can say that the teams good, i can't say that I particularly like the team. I don't like 3 sweepers, or 2 zacians without recover or wish.
i personally use 1 sweeper or maybe 2 with an etern because you just win, but that would change the team too much

It has Life Orb here because Dawn Wings is prone to taking lots of damages beforehand and Life Orb chips off even more damage each turn, hindering its chances to sweep.
typo?
Royal Guard (Aegislash) (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Knock Off
- King's Shield
- Recover
Lum Berry -> Rocky Helmet
King's Shield -> Spikes

As you said, King's Shield is mostly filler. 1 Rock and 1 layer of Spikes allows this calc:

+2 252+ SpA Mind Plate Necrozma-Dawn-Wings Stored Power (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Eternatus-Eternamax: 546-644 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

To be a clean OHKO. Because Aegislash spinblocks, it can set up hazards without fear of them being spun off. Rocky Helmet discourages spam of Nuzzle or DIB just the same, and even with Lum, Sleep users can just spore again without much threat.

Optional: Haze -> Whirlwind
Whirlwind allows you to rack up some chip damage and potentially force the opponent into a bad switch or get more Knock Offs out. Haze beats magic coat but sweepers do not have the room to run that 99% of the time and its uncommon anyway.
ok you only won since i was experimenting with 6 eterns without using gambit spam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)