SM OU Rain Team OU

First. sorry for my bad english, second, this is my first team, and i'm very inexperienced at this game, so i hope u guys can help me to some changes if needed

Swampert-Mega (M) @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Power-Up Punch

Main Physical Swipper, Ice Punch to coverage dragons and Landorus, Earthquake and Waterfall stabs and Power -Up Punch to increase attack.

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Pelipper to set up Rain, i don't use Scald cause i think it's useless since, i have a Kingra who has more SPA than Pelipper, Hurricane is good since it's my only Fly attack on team, U Turn to good switches, Knock Off to take some problematic items like Leftovers Rockyhelmeft Toxic orb, roost to sustain.

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Special Sweeper 3 stabs and Icebeam to coverage pokemon like Ammongus, Kartana etc.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Bulky Sweeper with Heat Wave that is excellent to coverage Ferrothorns, Thunder for the good synergy with rain, roost to sustain and Hidden Power for the same reason as Kingdra.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Rapid Spinner, to lead with hazards, Earthquake stab, Iron Head to coverage Fairys, since they are the most trouble to my team, Rock slide to coverage against Flying and Bugs.

Tapu Lele @ Leftovers
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Aromatherapy

Cleric, Aromatherapy to take some burns on my Swampert/Excadrill, Ammongus' sleeps and other bad stats, Taunt if the opponent start with a entryhazard or something like this, Moonblast and Psychic to stab.

Hey, welcome to smogon! the core chosen is great but I don't like how you finished this team because Scarf Excadrill is not something good in SM and while Lele can work in Rain, it just doesn't seem to fit here. For the weaknesses, Pokemon such as Latios (both Mega and Regular) and Magearna are threatening just because your Steel-Type is Excadrill, which doesn't like switching into their attacks. Greninja is also really scary, you don't have any Dark resist which means it can spam its STABs for free, HPump being boosted by Rain. Have a few ideas that you might want to try so let's start.

>
This is one of the two changes I want to make. AV Magearna gives you an actual switch-in to threats I brought up, being able to eat 2/3 HPump from Ash-Greninja and consistently take on opposite Magearnas. It also provides you some support with Volt Switch and leaves you with a better matchup against Pokemon such as Tapu Lele as well. Lastly, it somewhat helps vs Latios by OHKOing and taking hits from it. For the set, I'd run the standard spread and you might also consider Ice Beam over HP Fire since it is weakened when Rain is up.

>
Scarf Excadrill, especially in Rain teams, is literally outclassed by Scarf Kartana. Both like taking less from Fire moves, but Kartana is also able to pressure a lot of things that Excadrill can't, like Lando-T. Kartana's speed tier is also better, which means that Choice Scarf will make it faster than most stuff in OU. I'd run the 3Aks set with Defog, giving you a way to deal with Hazard Stacking.

You lack SR, something that is really mandatory in every competitive team. That's why I'd suggest running SR over Power-Up Punch, which isn't necessary at all, in my opinion. I'd also run a Jolly nature over Adamant because that lets you outspeed Magearna after Shift Gear and other things probably.

I still think Scald is important on Pelipper because of how good it is and Rain boosts its power as well.

Your spread and your nature on Zapdos aren't fine. I'd suggest running either 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe, both with a Timid nature in order to maximise the speed. Since you don't have a Z-Move, another set you might consider is Electrium-Z over Leftovers, which can lure the likes of Clefable even though you lose the HP recovery.

Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Scald
- Roost

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

Zapdos @ Leftovers / Electrium Z
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

That's all, good luck!

I know i didn't the same team that you said, because i really like Heal Bell/Aromatherapy. and unfortunately Magearna doesn't have, so i chose Mew instead of it, now the team is:
P.S:I put Firium Z on Zapdos instead of Electrium Z to get some Ferrothorns which is a really trouble to my team

Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Pelipper (M) @ Damp Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Kingdra (F) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Zapdos @ Firium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)