Invalid Randoms 1v1

Tyler Klepin

I COULD BE BANNED!
Like for example if we did add the randoms 1v1 format, it would be probably the common Smogon suggested 1v1 sets, but with the 3v3 pick 1 format obviously. I imagen people who like to play randoms but just want like a quick 10 or so second battle. I'd be down to help make or copy/paste the sets from Smogon.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would this be "Pokemon good in the (un)official 1v1 metagame" or "all (or most) randoms-eligible Pokemon"? Would it be intended to represent the 1v1 metagame/format or would it be more of its own "metagame" (as concerns generated sets) entirely? Or perhaps something different for either question? These questions are open for both the OP and anyone else interested in the idea.

As someone else who has been involved in organizing random formats, I could also be down to contribute so long as I have the time.

Tyler Klepin

I COULD BE BANNED!
It'd be easier and make more sense to just have the Pokemon on the viability rankings for 1v1 with all possible sets. So like 4+ possible Charizard X sets multiple Gyarados sets ect. It'd be small but it is a limited tier. For the Pokemon that don't have 1v1 sets but are still on the viability rankings, I guess we'd just ask Osra for help in theory crafting the sets? And Osra and I agreed we should use the lvl 100 same EV system and regular randbats because the sets are kind of linked with the EV spread.

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And Osra and I agreed we should use the lvl 100 same EV system and regular randbats because the sets are kind of linked with the EV spread.
Regular randbats change level based on tier (or special things like being Unown). Either way though, if we choose to go with the 1V1 metagame, I’d recommend doing all level 100 and specialized EVs depending on set (we can change what EVs the mon gets depending on what set it rolls, we do it for BF.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)