Gen 3 Rate my 1 month old team!

Hey everyone,

So I decided to finally create an account on Smogon after being a lurker for about a month... learned everything from this site, haha to think that before the ubers were the best pokemon and that stat changing moves were worthless..lol. Anyways, I've been constantly tweaking my team to cover my weaknesses for about a month since i've done netbattle so I was wondering if anyone could help me make the team even better with any suggestions. Here is it:

UPDATED ON BASED ON YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS THANK YOU :) ::
Starmie @ Petaya Berry
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Substitute

Salamence (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Atk / 140 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Spd / 60 SAtk / 76 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 104 Def / 96 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Drill Peck
- Rest
- Roar
- Spikes

Swampert (F) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 138 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

The Old team is below:
Code:
Starmie @ Petaya Berry
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Comments: Standard Starmie sweeper build. I love this guy, often I get 4 pokemon sweeps on mediocre teams because this guy join pwns almost everything.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 168 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
Comments: T-Tar build. Does wonders against stupid Blisseys and Curselaxes. Also a decent counter for Umbreons (seeing a lot of those lately) taunt so they can't use baton pass and then earthquake the crap out of it.

Salamence (M) @ Lum Berry
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
Comments: My primary physical sweeper. Kills any tars like its job. I gave it a Lum berry because for some reason people like stat changing this badboy. No need for choice band or anything becuase usually I end up sweeping even without dragon dance.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
Comments: yes yes I know, celebi is very often considered cheap. I just follow by the rules, and he isn't considered a uber so let's end it at that. In terms of team practicality, this guy is VERY useful. Giga Drain owns all the swamperts that everyone uses. Psychic also deals with Weezings (which are a pain in the ASS), Crobats, and gets STAB. Overall solid and very hardy (but yes it is killable, I've had it killed numerous times). Also I often challenge Uber teams on netbattle and this guy is neccessary for tough uber teams. (although i found most of the people who use ubers pretty easy to beat). My standard counter to all those Zapdos, Raikou, Jolteon, (insert electric pokemon here) if I don't feel like pulling out Ttar to EQ (or if I lost him). Psychic also owns Nidoking.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute
Comments: Physical wall. Good Curselax counter in case my other counter dies Spikes a good support move, and a AMAZING Heracross counter. Megahorn does nothing, and Drill Peck owns it. Also very fun to switch into toxic and see it have no effect. Good against Marowak Bonemerangs also.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd / 104 SAtk / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
Comments: Good Double Wall but acts usually as my primary special wall. Hypnosis does a good job of disabling opponents that I have a hard time countering (when one of my countering pokemon dies or an unusual moveset). Everything else is self-explanatory.
New concerns with new team:
With no longer having Taunt (which I found very useful), how do I counter curselaxes and any other baton passing or stat raising pokemon? This becomes a bigger problem especially if I lose my skarm which often happens due to the frequency of magnetons lately. Also is my EV spread for Viltar correct? And did I choose the right type of Swampert to replace milotic or should I go curse pert?

in team builder go to file ---> export to text. Your team will pop up on notepad in a form everybody here is used to. Then people will rate, its really impossible to rate without knowing the evs.

team doesnt like sand, if you want to use sand and spikes more effeciently, try forcing switches. milotic/starmie seems kind of redundant especially with skarm and celebi covering physical and special.

team synergy seems kind of low, except for cmpass to starmie (who should consider rapid spin because your team doesnt like spikes as much as it doesnt like sand)

Hey everyone,

So I decided to finally create an account on Smogon after being a lurker for about a month... learned everything from this site, haha to think that before the ubers were the best pokemon and that stat changing moves were worthless..lol. Anyways, I've been constantly tweaking my team to cover my weaknesses for about a month since i've done netbattle so I was wondering if anyone could help me make the team even better with any suggestions. Here is it:

Starmie @ Petaya Berry
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
Comments: Standard Starmie sweeper build. I love this guy, often I get 4 pokemon sweeps on mediocre teams because this guy join pwns almost everything.

Ok this thing is really useless. I'll explain later.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
Comments: T-Tar build. Does wonders against stupid Blisseys and Curselaxes. Also a decent counter for Umbreons (seeing a lot of those lately) taunt so they can't use baton pass and then earthquake the crap out of it.

Defense is pretty random. I'd put them in Speed. Right now you have 200 speed, which is fine, but if you move the Def EVs to speed you get 210 ish, which is good in case you need to finish off wak/cune/milo without dancing.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
Comments: My primary physical sweeper. Kills any tars like its job. I gave it a Lum berry because for some reason people like stat changing this badboy. No need for choice band or anything becuase usually I end up sweeping even without dragon dance.

It still needs Lefties. If you're good you'll avooid getting Mence status'd. I'd max Atk and drop some HP.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover
Comments: yes yes I know, celebi is very often considered cheap. I just follow by the rules, and he isn't considered a uber so let's end it at that. In terms of team practicality, this guy is VERY useful. Giga Drain owns all the swamperts that everyone uses. Psychic also deals with Weezings (which are a pain in the ASS), Crobats, and gets STAB. Overall solid and very hardy (but yes it is killable, I've had it killed numerous times). Also I often challenge Uber teams on netbattle and this guy is neccessary for tough uber teams. (although i found most of the people who use ubers pretty easy to beat). My standard counter to all those Zapdos, Raikou, Jolteon, (insert electric pokemon here) if I don't feel like pulling out Ttar to EQ (or if I lost him). Psychic also owns Nidoking.

I don't like CM on this guy. Since you ahve no status absorber, you can put Heal Bell over CM. If you do that, try Leech seed over Giga Drain/Psychic. If you do that, try this EV spread: 252 HP / 34 Spd / 48 SpAtk / 176 SpDef with Calm. This makes it more bulky and resistant to Special Attacks. And if you better not find Nidoking a serious problem, or your team needs help.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute
Comments: Physical wall. Good Curselax counter in case my other counter dies Spikes a good support move, and a AMAZING Heracross counter. Megahorn does nothing, and Drill Peck owns it. Also very fun to switch into toxic and see it have no effect. Good against Marowak Bonemerangs also.

It's not exactly an AMAZING Hera counter if it eats FPs on the switch. Otherwise this thing's fine, but I prefer some more Def rather than SpDef. Also consider Rest over Sub.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf
Comments: Good Double Wall but acts usually as my primary special wall. Hypnosis does a good job of disabling opponents that I have a hard time countering (when one of my countering pokemon dies or an unusual moveset). Everything else is self-explanatory.

Milotic will never be a Special Wall. It serves as a Bulky Water. Give it at least 212 HP, max Def, and the rest in whatever.

Problems encountered: For the most part, this team does well. I do get sweeped when a DDTar gets to full strength (If a DDtar gets to "full strength" then it's GG no matter what) before I can do anything about it... I also have trouble against Dugtrio... it'll guarantee the death of TTar but that's about it... nevertheless TTar plays a critical role in stopping Blissey and other support pokemon. I've encountered other teams with Celebi that give me problems...I often have to resort to Hypnosis to put it to sleep and then depose of it using Ttar or Mence. Regice can be a annoyance as well. Magneton like the Dugtrio is the ultimate Skarmory killer... which I guess is unavoidable unless I knew the opponent had one in the first place. Cant think of any other problems I've encountered so far, but I bet you guys can rip apart my teams weaknesses. I welcome brutally honest criticism :)
Your team is horribly weak to Rock attacks. First up, that Starmie is useless. Special Sweeper Starmie isn't good unless you can dispatch of Bliss with EndeavorTile or something. Starmie's used more as a Spinner anyway. I would highly recommending replacing Starmie with Claydol. It provides excellent Ground coverage, wrecks non-Crunch/Hp Bug Tars, and spins.

Now, IMO, having both DDtar and DDmence seems redundant. Unless you're playing a very aggressive team to the point where you only have them to cover each other's weaknesses, I don't think you should have both of them. A reliable special wall would work really well over one of them, because you don't really have one. Celebi can only wall to a certain extent. I suggest Sleeptalking Snorlax or Regice over Mence. Although Mence is a great Heracross counter, Skarm and Claydol (if you take my advice) can take it on (as well as every other physical threat) with good prediction. Tar's Sandstream also works in tandem with Skarm/Dol. DDmence isn't that great either because there really isn't anything that can wear down Milo/Cune/Pert. No Pert user should be stupid enough to keep it into CElebi until it knows for sure it has hp grass/giga drain. DDtar is the same case. Therefore I suggest you consider replacing it with VILtar, which is Sub/FP/EQ/Hp Bug. It can still wreck Blissey/Umbrey, and also busts up Celebi, which the rest of your team can't really do.

I know these last few changes are quite radical, so I'll let you decide what you want to do.

Gormenghast: thanks for the help. I think my team doesn't like sand or spikes too much either, but i usually wait to bring out tyranitar as late as possible if I can. Also since many of them have leftovers, I just think of it as a lost leftovers or play my own TTAR and skarm more often. As for skarm spikers, that is a weakness..I think I might consider a rapid spinner if they become a problem. I guess my team synergy stems most from each pokemon covering each other's weaknesses...sure I don't have baton passing or trick room or any crazy synergy efforts, but I often switch them in and out to play to each other's strengths (which as you mentioned could be bad if spikes had been fully set up). Just a newbie question, what is a cmpass?

Touched: Thanks for the analysis! As of right now, I find starmie a crucial part of my team. Often many people lead with either Dragonite, Mence, or surf-friendly pokemon that I can usually dispose of. In fact if you look at my team, starmie is my only special sweeper with a speed advantage as well so if I do replace it, it will have to be with another special sweeper. What is an endeavortile starmie? I might check that out also since Blissey proves to be a nusance sometimes. As for my DDtar and DDmence, I usually find having double physical sweepers very useful, as I find either one of them dieing really fast. In addition, I can use DDtar to often draw out another tar, and then switch to mence, no effect EQ, and then finish off the tar if they are foolish enough not to switch with my own EQ. I sometimes also use it for any DD'd pokemon as intimidate does help cut down one DD. As for milotic, what's the difference between bulky water and special wall? For the most part, milotic to me seems a very useful dual wall with favorable typing. it can absorb many bolts and leaf blades (from sceptile) before going down so I find him a pretty useful special wall. recover also makes that a reality.
I'll follow up on your Ttar EV recommendation, I think you are very right it can't survive earthquakes anyways so defense is kind of pointless. As for mence, I think you have a good point that it doesn't serve too much of a useful purpose, so I might replace it with something else...dont know what exactly yet though. And your skarmory rest move recommendation really is a good idea, I don't use substitute much anyways and rest would certainly make this a better wall.

I also just remember the BIGGEST annoyance/problem I have encountered: Metagross. Meteor Mash REALLY hurts everything except skarmory, so my strategy usually ends up like this: opponent switches in Mgross, I switch in Skarmory take the MM hit. I use mgross as an opportunity to lay out spikes if opponent is stupid enough to keep metagross in. Usually I try to push metagross into the late game where I can focus on EQing it whenever I have a chance although usually it takes quite a few EQs from my mence or ttar to kill it. Either that, or I put in milotic, take the MM hit, and hypnosis it to figure out how to finish up later. Anyone have a recommendation on how to kill metagross more effectively?

Hey everyone,

Starmie @ Petaya Berry
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
replace this for flygon /screechgon, it hits just as hard and also benefits from spikes.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
I would highly recommend using vil tar over this, seeing how you already have another dder in your team.

- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide
leftovers over lum, because mence wont last long with sandstrom on the field.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

celebi will lose if its up against a cmwar with kou ( obviously due to pressure ) replacing some move with light screen is not a bad idea, seeing how you have no special wall.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
- Drill Peck
- Roar
- Spikes
- Substitute
rest skarm is better imo, but eh

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Surf

replacing pert over this will cover all your electric weaks ( because of flygon ) and pert is better than recover milo anyways, so yeah.

Problems encountered: For the most part, this team does well. I do get sweeped when a DDTar gets to full strength before I can do anything about it... I also have trouble against Dugtrio... it'll guarantee the death of TTar but that's about it... nevertheless TTar plays a critical role in stopping Blissey and other support pokemon. I've encountered other teams with Celebi that give me problems...I often have to resort to Hypnosis to put it to sleep and then depose of it using Ttar or Mence. Regice can be a annoyance as well. Magneton like the Dugtrio is the ultimate Skarmory killer... which I guess is unavoidable unless I knew the opponent had one in the first place. Cant think of any other problems I've encountered so far, but I bet you guys can rip apart my teams weaknesses. I welcome brutally honest criticism :)
ls for pokes like pert, so they can now take pokes like starmie more effectively. screechgon works pretty decently with last pokes like crocune or lax. so now you got everything covered, but claydol might be a pain.

hey cruiselax, what do you exactly mean by "ls for pokes like pert, so they can now take pokes like starmie more effectively."?? Did I do the correct version of swampert (curse) or should I go for the special swampert (surf, icebeam, rest, etc)

just been doing some field-testing on netbattle right now, and so far havent lost a match yet... thanks for the help guys, any other weaknesses I should be aware of?

ok after a few netbattles, this one stood out to me as me getting owned pretty badly (others were ties or wins):

Code:
Battle Log:
Battle Mode: Ruby/Sapphire
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Self-KO Clause
Rule: Apply PP Ups
Rule: Battle Timeout
Me vs DrNerd.  Begin!
Me sent out Starmie (Lv.100 Starmie)!
DrNerd sent out Panzaeron (Lv.100 Skarmory)!

Begin Turn #1
DrNerd withdrew Panzaeron!
DrNerd sent out Zapdos (Lv.100 Zapdos)!
---------------------------------
Starmie used Thunderbolt!
(21% damage)
Zapdos's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #1
Me's Starmie: 261 HP
DrNerd's Zapdos: 85% HP

Begin Turn #2
Me withdrew Starmie!
Me sent out Swampert (Lv.100 Swampert)!
Zapdos used Thunderbolt!
It doesn't affect Swampert...
End of turn #2
Me's Swampert: 404 HP
DrNerd's Zapdos: 91% HP

Begin Turn #3
Zapdos used Hidden Power!
(338 damage)
It's super effective!
Swampert used Ice Beam!
(37% damage)
It's super effective!
End of turn #3
Me's Swampert: 66 HP
DrNerd's Zapdos: 60% HP

Begin Turn #4
Me withdrew Swampert!
Me sent out Celebi (Lv.100 Celebi)!
Zapdos used Hidden Power!
(62 damage)
A critical hit!
It's not very effective...
Celebi's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #4
Me's Celebi: 367 HP
DrNerd's Zapdos: 67% HP

Begin Turn #5
DrNerd withdrew Zapdos!
DrNerd sent out Despotar (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Despotar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Celebi used Calm Mind!
Celebi's Special Attack rose!
Celebi's Special Defense rose!
The sandstorm rages.
Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
End of turn #5
Me's Celebi: 367 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #6
Me withdrew Celebi!
Me sent out Salamence (Lv.100 Salamence)!
Salamence's Intimidate cuts Despotar's Attack!
Despotar used Crunch!
(137 damage)
The sandstorm rages.
Salamence is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Salamence's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #6
Me's Salamence: 231 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #7
DrNerd withdrew Despotar!
DrNerd sent out Swampert (Lv.100 Swampert)!
Salamence used Earthquake!
(34% damage)
The sandstorm rages.
Swampert's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #7
DrNerd's Swampert: 72% HP

Begin Turn #8
Me withdrew Salamence!
Swampert used Rock Slide!
(65 damage)
The sandstorm rages.
Swampert's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #8
Me's Celebi: 302 HP
DrNerd's Swampert: 78% HP

Begin Turn #9
DrNerd withdrew Swampert!
DrNerd sent out Panzaeron (Lv.100 Skarmory)!
Celebi used Giga Drain!
(8% damage)
Panzaeron had its energy drained!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #9
Me's Celebi: 315 HP
DrNerd's Panzaeron: 92% HP

Begin Turn #10
Me withdrew Celebi!
Panzaeron used Spikes!
Me's team had Spikes scattered around it!
The sandstorm rages.
Starmie is buffeted by the sandstorm!
End of turn #10
Me's Starmie: 245 HP
DrNerd's Panzaeron: 92% HP

Begin Turn #11
DrNerd withdrew Panzaeron!
DrNerd sent out Zapdos (Lv.100 Zapdos)!
Starmie used Ice Beam!
(42% damage)
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.
Zapdos is buffeted by the sandstorm!
End of turn #11
Me's Starmie: 229 HP
DrNerd's Zapdos: 25% HP

Begin Turn #12
Starmie used Ice Beam!
(25% damage)
It's super effective!
Zapdos fainted!
DrNerd sent out Gengar (Lv.100 Gengar)!
The sandstorm rages.
Gengar is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Gengar's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #12
Me's Starmie: 213 HP
DrNerd's Gengar: 100% HP

Begin Turn #13
Starmie used Psychic!
(100% damage)
It's super effective!
Gengar fainted!
DrNerd sent out Relaxo (Lv.100 Snorlax)!
The sandstorm rages.
Relaxo is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Relaxo's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #13
Me's Starmie: 197 HP
DrNerd's Relaxo: 100% HP

Begin Turn #14
Me withdrew Starmie!
Me sent out Skarmory (Lv.100 Skarmory)!
Relaxo used Body Slam!
(35 damage)
Skarmory is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
The sandstorm rages.
Skarmory's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #14
Me's Skarmory: 319 HP (Par)

Begin Turn #15
Relaxo used Fire Blast!
(161 damage)
It's super effective!
Skarmory used Spikes!
DrNerd's team had Spikes scattered around it!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #15
Me's Skarmory: 178 HP (Par)

Begin Turn #16
Me withdrew Skarmory!
Starmie is hurt by Spikes!
Relaxo used Fire Blast!
(43 damage)
Starmie was burned!
The sandstorm rages.
Starmie is hurt by its burn!
End of turn #16
Me's Starmie: 73 HP (Brn)

Begin Turn #17
Starmie used Surf!
(22% damage)
Relaxo used Curse!
Relaxo's Attack rose!
Relaxo's Defense rose!
Relaxo's Speed fell!
The sandstorm rages.
Using Petaya Berry, the Special Attack of Starmie rose!
Starmie is hurt by its burn!
End of turn #17
Me's Starmie: 25 HP (Brn)
DrNerd's Relaxo: 78% HP

Begin Turn #18
Me withdrew Starmie!
Me sent out Salamence (Lv.100 Salamence)!
Salamence's Intimidate cuts Relaxo's Attack!
Relaxo used Curse!
Relaxo's Attack rose!
Relaxo's Defense rose!
Relaxo's Speed fell!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #18
DrNerd's Relaxo: 78% HP

Begin Turn #19
Salamence used Earthquake!
(17% damage)
Relaxo used Body Slam!
(218 damage)
The sandstorm rages.
Salamence fainted!
End of turn #19
Me's Skarmory: 198 HP (Par)
DrNerd's Relaxo: 61% HP

Begin Turn #20
Relaxo used Fire Blast!
Relaxo's attack missed!
Skarmory is paralyzed! It can't move!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #20
Me's Skarmory: 218 HP (Par)
DrNerd's Relaxo: 61% HP

Begin Turn #21
Relaxo used Fire Blast!
(170 damage)
It's super effective!
Skarmory used Roar!
Relaxo fled from battle!
Despotar (Lv.100 Tyranitar) was dragged out!
Despotar is hurt by Spikes!
The sandstorm rages.
Despotar's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #21
Me's Skarmory: 68 HP (Par)
DrNerd's Despotar: 94% HP

Begin Turn #22
Me withdrew Skarmory!
Me sent out Swampert (Lv.100 Swampert)!
Swampert is hurt by Spikes!
Despotar used Substitute!
Despotar made a Substitute!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #22
Me's Swampert: 16 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 75% HP

Begin Turn #23
Despotar used Crunch!
(16 damage)
Swampert fainted!
Me sent out Tyranitar (Lv.100 Tyranitar)!
Tyranitar is hurt by Spikes!
The sandstorm rages.
Tyranitar's Leftovers restored its HP a little!
End of turn #23
Me's Tyranitar: 379 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 81% HP

Begin Turn #24
Despotar is tightening its focus!
Tyranitar used Earthquake!
The Substitute took damage for Despotar!
Despotar's Substitute faded!
It's super effective!
Despotar used Focus Punch!
(379 damage)
It's super effective!
Tyranitar fainted!
Me: shit whups
Celebi is hurt by Spikes!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #24
Me's Celebi: 265 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 87% HP

Begin Turn #25
Celebi used Giga Drain!
(39% damage)
It's super effective!
Despotar had its energy drained!
Despotar used Crunch!
(195 damage)
It's super effective!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #25
Me's Celebi: 149 HP
DrNerd's Despotar: 54% HP
Linear1 has started watching.

Begin Turn #26
Celebi used Giga Drain!
(35% damage)
It's super effective!
Despotar had its energy drained!
Despotar used Crunch!
(221 damage)
A critical hit!
It's super effective!
Celebi fainted!
Starmie is hurt by Spikes!
Starmie fainted!
The sandstorm rages.
End of turn #26
Me's Skarmory: 88 HP (Par)
DrNerd's Despotar: 25% HP
DrNerd: gg
Linear1 has left.

Begin Turn #27
Despotar used Thunderbolt!
(88 damage)
It's super effective!
Skarmory fainted!

End Battle!  DrNerd wins!
Score: 0 to 4
Me: hmm

NetBattle v0.9.6
Log saved 12/19/2007 at 5:15:52 AM
can anyone give me some clues on whether this was just poor prediction/tactics on my part or an uncovering of a weakness on this team?

my personal opinion is that the fireblast curselax is a problem...how to counter>?

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, having Swampert eat a Zapdos HP Grass so early definitely cast a pall on your battle here, so I'll go ahead and say your lost was due in most part to subpar tactics, though Ice Beaming that Zapdos on the switch (I don't know if that was your prediction or not) was a good thing.

Fire Blast Curselax shouldn't have really been a problem. One thing you would benefit from VILtar or Boah on your team is you could test how that Snorlax would react. If this Curselax has Fire Blast, it's missing either Rest, Earthquake, or Shadow Ball. From there you can figure out what you need to do. However, generally you can use Dusclops to burn it (also a great Rapid Spin blocker) or make Swampert a Roar variant before Snorlax gets in too many Curses.

I'd definitely suggest Endeavor Sceptile on this team. Once Sceptile plows through a special wall, there's very little that will take on Starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)