Rate My (hopefully) balanced team

This team was made with the idea that I wanted to have a team with 3 of my favorite Pokemon (Lucario, Hydreigon, and especially Froslass). I like to make balanced teams but I especially want to make this one really good since I really like the above 3 Pokes I mentioned (though if necessary I could take out 1 or maybe 2 of them).

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Destiny Bond

My favorite way to LEAD on a OU team. Yes at this point she's way predictable but Destiny Bonding is too fun, even if you don't get the time to lay more than 1 layer of Spikes. The only team I wouldn't lead with a Froslass is if I predict their lead would be faster than Froslass and/or I could send in one of my sweepers as a counter pick to their lead. I'm considering changing Ice Beam for Shadow Ball since I already have 2 other Pokemon with Ice Moves. Having 2 Taunts seems unnecessary so I'm thinking of taking it off her or Gliscor. It just depends if I want more coverage for Froslass (I would have both Ice Beam and Shadow Ball) or for an extra person to have Toxic (Gliscor).

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Bullet Punch

The standard physical Swords Dance sweeper set. Plus points if I can switch him on a Dark Move though I'm debating whether Inner Focus would be a better idea. I went with Bullet Punch over Ice Punch for STAB and an additional priority move to use against Gengar, and since I believe my team has enough coverage against Dragon Types.

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower
- Earthquake

A mixed set with emphasis on Special Attacking for great Draco Meteor power. With the 4 moves I chose I think I have a decent amount of coverage to take advantage of the Expert Belt (Dragon, Grass, Steel, Normal, Electric, Rock, Fire). I'm debating putting Dark Pulse or Crunch in there for Earthquake for STAB but Earthquake's been working out well for me.

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

In short, My Special Wall. Toxic + Recover for stalling, Scald for STAB + hopeful burningz for physical attackers, and shadow ball for additional STAB (and hopeful Special Defense decrease). The idea is to switch in Jellicent if it take a good special hit that isn't super effective and then set up Toxic and then Attack or Recover when necessary.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Ice Fang
- Roost

My Physical Tank. Earthquake + Ice Fang have decent coverage, Taunt is good if I think someone is going to set up sweep or lay traps later on in the game, Roost + Poison Heal for good Recover. He would be similar to Jellicent except in addition to being able to switch into non super effective physical attacks well, he can be a good stallbreaker and stop Pokemon I think will try to set up sweep. As said in Froslass' write-up having two Taunters seems unnecessary so if I were to get rid of it on Gliscor I would change it for Toxic so he and Jellicent could both stall and/or all poison to take off some damage before the sweepers go crazy.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I'm generally not big on having more than 1 Choice user. That said, Jolteon rounds out the team as solid special sweeper. He has sorta decent coverage, I'm just debating if I should use Choice Scarf or Choice Specs. I went with Specs for now since Lucario has the tools to revenge kill with priority moves and Jolteon's pretty darn fast sweeper as is (I guess he would only fear Scarf users). If I use Jolteon early I like to use Volt Switch to either switch into one of my tanks or someone I think could start sweeping, especially since Jolteon is quite fast.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Nice team! been trying it out on showdown and it has been working well! The pokemon you have chosen have good synergy. I would definitely keep ice beam on froslass as it has more useful coverage overall. I would consider using hidden power fire on jolteon over ice as there are many ice moves in the team already. It is also good as a backup ferrothorn counter if the opponent is doing clever switching. I would use protect+substitute+earthquake+toxic on gliscor instead of the roost set as it can stall out toxic if it needs to. Justified is probably a better idea on lucario IMO. Hope this is useful!

Cool team! Its also very balanced as well! Although I have noticed that Gliscor does serious damage when given a flying gem, and the move Acrobatics. Just a interesting opinion you could use to possibly enhance this physical tank!

Lucario: change one of the priority moves to Ice Punch/dark type move/whatever. I'm not sure if you need 2 priority moves but that's something to consider. Lucario fears ground so Ice Punch can mess up a Gliscor and some other ground types.

Hydreigon: Earthquake is fine. In no situation will you need a dark type move for Hydreigon. When countering Psychic/Ghost types, they automatically switch away UNLESS its reuniclus, but there are more Pokemon that fear earthquake than the amount of reuniclus on the battlefield.

What I typically like to do with Hydreigon is replace earthquake with U-Turn. Gives a bug type move to your team, recovers all stats lost from draco meteor and super power, makes it unpredictable; theres so much you can do with u-turn. Hydreigon suffers A LOT with 4 move slot syndrome, so maybe alter between the two and see which works best for you. Keep in mind though, u-turn isn't supposed to kill, its just a easy switch for your pokemon while doing *some* damage.

I'm not so sure about the other ones since I've never used them before, but it seems pretty fine. :)

Hope I helped~

Lucario: change one of the priority moves to Ice Punch/dark type move/whatever. I'm not sure if you need 2 priority moves but that's something to consider. Lucario fears ground so Ice Punch can mess up a Gliscor and some other ground types.

Hydreigon: Earthquake is fine. In no situation will you need a dark type move for Hydreigon. When countering Psychic/Ghost types, they automatically switch away UNLESS its reuniclus, but there are more Pokemon that fear earthquake than the amount of reuniclus on the battlefield.

What I typically like to do with Hydreigon is replace earthquake with U-Turn. Gives a bug type move to your team, recovers all stats lost from draco meteor and super power, makes it unpredictable; theres so much you can do with u-turn. Hydreigon suffers A LOT with 4 move slot syndrome, so maybe alter between the two and see which works best for you. Keep in mind though, u-turn isn't supposed to kill, its just a easy switch for your pokemon while doing *some* damage.

I'm not so sure about the other ones since I've never used them before, but it seems pretty fine. :)

Hope I helped~
....Are you serious?

GaryTheGengar

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
hey, froslass is a great lead, but it needs to be accompanied by a SR mon to be used to its full potential. i don't really get the placement of jellicent and gliscor here, as the rest of your team is offensive, and they kind of slow down the momentum. I suggest replacing gliscor with garchomp, to give you stealth rock, and a pokemon that keeps up the offensive pressure that the rest of your team has. Without a physical wall, jellicent kind of loses its spot, so I would consider replacing it. I'd suggest using starmie, as spin allows you to keep froslass' sash intact, and keeping hazards off the field is always nice. finally, i'd use dark pulse for a consistent stab on hydreigon, over earthquake as superpower already wrecks heatran. GL!

sets
Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)