SS Ubers Rate my noob Ubers team

Hi all, I’m new to ubers, I made this team by looking at the tier lists and making a guess as to what fit my play style the best, here it is

Inteleon-Gmax @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Blizzard
The point of the mon is to set up screens and counter G-max Cinderace, as why there are max EV’s in speed and a speed boosting nature, with all of these combined, it can out speed a Cinderace with all of these by 1 point. The speed is necessary to counter Cinderace’s hidden ability, which allows it to change types. The speed means it can always hit super-effectively. The screens are if I wrongly predict a Cinderace lead, so as to not make the mon completely useless, I also taked on Blizzard to kinda counter vulpix (the ice one) as it is a common lead to set up aurora veil.

Ditto @ Life Orb
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Transform
No one ever expects life orb ditto, trading winning speed ties for power, and the ability to swap moves. I have had one or two battles where I swapped into this and my opponent swapped out, mainly because they had a move super effective against themselves.

Quagsire @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
I noticed that a lot of people, once again, don’t see the counter coming. The point is that most people when meet with a quagsire without a grass move on their current mon (at least in low ladder) will try to power through. So counter can potentially remove a sweeping mon from the game. Encore is there in case I run into someone using a boosting move and trap them, and hydro pump and ice beam for coverage, mainly against a grass switch in.

Marshadow @ Spell Tag
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb
Few mons in ubers can outspeed this beast, and without items coming into play (like a choice scarf) nothing would outspeed it with 2/3rds speed drop. Technician boosts almost every move, with spell tag making shadow sneak a base 72 power move, with stab. Ice punch is there to help counter grasses and dragons. With the former helping quagsire.
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Relaxed Nature
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Soft-Boiled
- Shadow Ball
The obligatory wall, made to spread paralysis with a serene grace body slam, shadow ball to hit ghosts (And a nice 20% chance for a sp.def drop), and protect and soft boiled to extend the amount of times it can switch in and do it’s thing.

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Protect
Top of the meta game (according to the tier lost), this zacian’s purpose is to get rid of other zacian. With quick attack to get a last few percents off, the basic behemoth blade, protect to guard against sweepers, and close combat to one shot any bulky normal type.

Please rate my team, I’m new to ubers and I need the help to make a team to help me win. If you want to try it out for yourself, the full team is under the button.

Inteleon-Gmax @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Blizzard

Ditto @ Life Orb
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Transform

Quagsire @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Marshadow @ Spell Tag
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Rock Tomb

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Relaxed Nature
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Soft-Boiled
- Shadow Ball

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Protect

again, I’m only new to ubers as in, this is the first team I made for ubers, I have played OU, VGC, and even tried out LC and AG. This team was made with the tier list and my skill set in mind. Please rate so I can get better at ubers. TY!
I am also on mobile so I hope that this fits the minimum 3 line requirement. Also, I tend to ramble about specific details while somtimes not touching others, so if you have any questions, I am happy to answer!
Once again, Thanks!

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Welcome to the ubers tier, it's really fun and I do think you'll enjoy it as you play it more. Unfortunately, this team just most likely won't find a way to work overall, but a few fixes can improve it a lot more. A lot of the sets need large overhauls to their standard ones. The sets are mostly listed in the dex aside from a few out of date, but it's still best to get them from there. I did my best to make the sets as good as possible before reworking the team, so with most of the best sets the team is here. https://pokepast.es/a89244ebbf0de3b3

From there however, the team has some big weaknesses that have to be fixed. First off, inteleon is not a mon that fits well in ubers. With Pokemon like Blissey being common, fast dragons like Dragapult being common, and speed control with twave, weather and just fast mons being common, it won't work well. So my first recommended fix is to change Inteleon to Rotom-Wash. This frees up the team quite a bit against excadrill, and provides defog support. The team becomes a lot better at dealing with rain since there's no eternatus which personally I don't like but it can work, and as mentioned sand and hazards. Gyarados can also be dynamaxed on defensively if it is power whip, something that Quagsire cant do.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Pain Split

From there, the team actually looks a lot better, it has a ton of defensive boxes checked, and can likely beat most things. One more change that is a small recommendation is change Quagsire to Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. This isn't required since they can both check Zacian, but this gives you a more reliable check to sun Zacian and also kyurem-black, which you previously had to try and hit while it set up, sack mons until dmax wore off, then revenge with ditto, which likely won't work against full offense where you need a lot of defensive mons.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Moonlight
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
The removal of Quagsire also just makes the team safer against things like Gothitelle, while it can trick Necrozma it won't eliminate it from the game immediately, so either works. Finally, something that is likely to just make your time playing a lot easier against a lot of threats instead of pivoting heavily is changing Ditto to Eternatus. Now, this does weaken the team against dragapult, but Marshadow can revenge, and I'll leave a few item options here, shed shell for Gothitelle, Black Sludge for Recovery, or Haban Berry for Dragapult. This mon makes switching into Marshadow, Urshifu, and especially Dracovish so much less prediction reliant, and makes the team a lot more consistent imo. I'd recommend keeping Ditto if you choose to keep Quagsire, since Kyurem Black becomes almost unbeatable if you don't have one of ditto or Necrozma. Personally I prefer Necrozma but it depends on your style.

So here's the updated team I'd recommend. A lot of the stuff you actually had done pretty well with the roles, Quagsire for Zacian, ditto to revenge, but inteleon needed a change. Like I said the second one is more up to your choice, just the weakness to Kyurem-Black is annoying rn with offense being really solid. I'll leave 2 pastes with both Necrozma and Eternatus, and Quag and ditto. I recommend the Necrozma one, but try them both out if you feel like it. Hope this helped and you have fun in ubers!

https://pokepast.es/95227156ad82b9c1 (Necrozma + Eternatus)
https://pokepast.es/fce6dceeb6c88ec1 (Quagsire + Ditto)

Edit: Misworded some stuff on which mons to keep when choosing between those 2 mon combos, fixed it though so I don't contradict myself

Thanks for helping out and giving a detailed explanation! All of what you said seems to be extremely helpful, and I hope to try out the new teams (I think I’ll try both before deciding who I prefer). Once again, thanks!

Reactions: Fc
After trying both out in a couple matches each, I think I prefer the ditto and quagsire set because Ditto can get a x2 by transforming into zichian and sweep at least 2 mons, and the quagsire helps counter Cinderace and zichian

I’ll keep both sets, But I’ll mainly use quagsire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)