SS Ubers Rate my noob Ubers team

I'm very new to this and I thought I'd give Ubers a shot. This team's worked out surprisingly well though.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Earthquake

Strong psychic type sweeper for my team. The earthquake helps to take out Zacians and electric types, as well as the Cinderaces, shadow ball for other psychic types (Dusk Mane Necrozma) and ghost types like Marshadow, psystrike for the Eternatus and Hawluchas. (Also because Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon lol, but that's not relevant.) I find it's useful to have a psychic type on your team, especially in this format.

Darmanitan-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Zen Mode
EVs: 200 Def / 224 SpA / 84 SpD
Modest Nature
- Belly Drum
- Flamethrower
- Avalanche
- Power-Up Punch

Glass cannon for my team. Belly drum because Zen mode, flamethrower for the Zacians and Galar Darmanitans, avalanche for Eternatus and Dracovish, and power up punch for Galar Darmanitan and Zacian (maybe change this, seems a bit redundant). As I said, total glass cannon with belly drum and power up punch, as well as zen mode.

Dracovish @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 204 Atk / 60 SpA / 108 SpD / 136 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Ancient Power
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic Fangs

Dracovish is a special tank for me, hence the assault vest, also having numerous strong moves. I think I'll stop with the moveset explanation, I think you guys are smart enough to understand type matchups. Dracovish is good so yeah

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
- Sacred Sword
- Moonblast
- Behemoth Blade
- Ice Fang

Zacian is good and has the two best types in the game fairy and steel

Cinderace-Gmax @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 176 Def / 176 SpA / 156 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Bounce

Gmax because yeah, i put it with the best moveset, it's a strong fire type. Honestly most of my reasoning for putting pokemon on my team is type coverage i don't know anything about competitive. libero because it's unexpected

Eternatus @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 Def / 100 SpD / 152 Spe
- Poison Jab
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance

Eternatus has been especially effective as a toxic staller of sorts, using poison jab to poison the opposing pokemon and use recover to wait it out until they die of poison damage. (A bit of a degenerate strategy I know, but hey, it works.) also type coverage is good, poison super effective against fairy

Please let me know if this is actually a good team and what I can do to improve it. Also please help me understand competitive pokemon thank you

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, welcome to smogon. I love the current ubers tier even though dlc is releasing very soon which will make teams like this a lot less relevant with the new legends coming. Unfortunately though, this team doesn't have competitive viability on it's own. The team has some glaring flaws that would take quite a bit of reshaping to fix, and a lot of the sets need work, which is something I can start with then try and go onto the major changes. I'd recommend looking here for the common sets used by Pokemon in the tier by searching them up and looking at their ubers strategy guide. This is how I'd take the original sets and make them more standard https://pokepast.es/ab0d07c0872931e5

It's a lot of changes, but these are the typically considered optimal sets for these Pokemon. Your move choices and evs were off, but the strategy guide resource I linked can help learn what's best for each Pokemon. From here though, the team still has a lot of large weaknesses. There's no ground resist so Excadrill can easily run through the team in sand. Kyurem-Black looks extremely dangerous, as does Zacian-C among others. I'd also recommend this resource which has the current viability of every Pokemon in the tier listed out, letting you know what the most dangerous Pokemon to cover are when building a team.

Now with that covered, changing the team. This is going to be pretty drastic as the team needs a more solid defensive backbone to it unless you went full offense, but for this build I wanted to take it a more standard defensive route. The team is by no means perfect, but this is a step in the right direction to cover a lot of those Pokemon listed in the viability rankings.

My first change was changing Darmanitan-G to Necrozma-DM. This change gave the team a huge boost defensively, as it now has a way to cover the very dangerous Zacian-C and Kyurem-B in one Pokemon, and while it doesn't hard counter these, it support the team against them and can paralyze them for your own Zacian-C to revenge kill.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Moonlight

The second change gave the team a ground resist and a more favourable MU against opposing Necrozma-DM which was previously hard to break, and that is changing Dracovish to Rotom-W. Rotom-W is another water type, just a more defensive one that can cover a variety of offensive Pokemon. Gyarados and Excadrill are the main ones it can cover by defensively dynamaxing, letting it help against 2 of the other more dangerous threats, as well as being a way to remove entry hazards and pivot around with volt switch.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

The final change I would make is changing Cinderace to Blissey. Blissey is a fairly needed part of this team imo, as it is the final defensive piece to cover a lot of the special threats. The other Pokemon can check the most dangerous physical ones, while blissey is very good at preventing things like Lunala from spamming moongeist beam, Volcarona from spamming all it's attacks, and if you choose to use utility umbrella, Charizard also loses it's threatening status.
Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots / Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock / Seismic Toss

So that's it for the changes I would personally make. The team before had some alright offensive pressure, but lost momentum easily and wouldn't be able to defend itself if an opposing Pokemon that was threatening came in. Offense teams do exist and are very strong, one is even listed here as one of the sample teams for the tier, which is also a good resource to check out what successful teams all look like. Here's the updated paste, and I'll be happy to answer any questions about it and further building as you go into the ubers tier. The sprites and import will be a little off since I have slashes for items since it's up to your choice because they accomplish different things, but just removing one in the paste or builder will fix it. https://pokepast.es/22ad3be546ee4b56

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)