SS Ubers Rate this Uber team

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I decided to play ss ubers earlier today and somehow, I don't know how, but this team managed to get me to 1500 elo before a roller coaster ride happened for me from 1400-1500 elo range. I really have no idea what happened since this was just a random team I made and I only made one minor change to the items and nothing more. I also know next to nothing about the tier other than Yveltal is an almost must have. 1500 elo is usually my average in a tier so I thought I might as well ask for advice since I'm enjoying ss ubers and I wanted to have that mindless moment of just spamming shadow ball from Spectrier in the good ol days

:yveltal::necrozma-dusk-mane::eternatus::groudon::kyogre::calyrex-shadow:
There will be one change from the paste compared to the rest of the post and it will only concern Groudon

:choice specs::sm/kyogre::choice specs:
Drizzle
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse

This guy is the reason I wanted to play ubers in the first place. I just wanted to click one move and drown everything in sight. For the most part, Kyogre does that very well. It's just the garden variety Kyogre but with modest because I want to drown things not outspeed things. It serves as the main breaker of the team. Moves are straightforward. Ice beam for Eternatus, thunder for other Kyogres and of course, the two stabs

:choice scarf::ss/calyrex-shadow::choice scarf:
As One
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Astral Barrage

This is the other reason why I wanted to play ubers. I miss the time Spectrier was in ou and it was just click one move = profit. This time, it now has something riding on it which for some reason has more firepower but whatever. I used the scarf set because this one serves as the team's main sweeper. Modest is the chosen nature because I'm not gonna risk this thing fighting another shadow rider. It has trick but I never click it. That move sucks as I don't want to lose my scarf but there was nothing else to choose from. Psyshock is for Blissey while grass knot is just another random move because I have no idea what else to put. This mon is just straightforward anyway. Spam barrage until everything dies

:heavy-duty boots::sm/yveltal::heavy-duty boots:
Dark Aura
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off

For the next one, I just went with the only thing I know about the tier, always have Yveltal. If I don't, I am almost gonna autolose to opposing shadow riders. I just took this from the spread in its analysis page and chose the moves based on how I prefer to play. Knock is stab to kill the horse and u turn is just for momentum. Defog and roost are mandatory and this thing has an irritating moveslot syndrome as I wanna put in oblivion wing and toxic on it but I can't. It does one thing, spam knock off and makes sure I don't autolose to opposing shadow riders

:black sludge::ss/eternatus::black sludge:
Pressure
240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Flamethrower
- Dynamax Cannon

In this slot, I began to think what would happen if I run to opposing Kyogres. Well, it just drowns my team instead of mine drowning theirs so I added Eternatus for that sole reason. There are probably better options but I picked this because it was a poison type, which means I won't be that crippled if I run into opposing toxic spikes setters. Like with Yveltal, this one also has its ev spread from its analysis page. The same goes for the moves. I was gonna put toxic spikes instead but when I saw that this thing was actually S rank in the viability, I decided fuck that and just went with toxic

:leftovers::sm/necrozma-dusk-mane::leftovers:
Prism Armor
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Sunsteel Strike

When I was choosing the fifth member, I was wondering what else could be a threat. In the vr list, I saw that Xerneas could be one of those threats which mean that I needed to be ready for it. This was the most obvious counter to it and at the same time, it also provides me with the much needed stealth rock so I picked it. Again, I just went with whatever was in its smogon analysis page and since I wanted to deal with Xerneas, I chose the spdef set. Since the other three moves are self explanatory, I just went with thunder wave as the last move to cripple opposing Yveltals who think they have a free switch. Also, Kyogre just appreciates everything being slower than it in general

:lum berry::sm/groudon::lum berry:
Drought
240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades

For the last slot, I wasn't exactly sure what to put in. After thinking about my own team for a bit, I realized that opposing Eternatus could be a problem so I went with an offensive Groudon set on its smogon analysis page to deal with it. It also has a free switch on guys like dusk mane or Eternatus who can't do much to it. Groudon also fixes up a huge flaw in the way I play and that is not paying attention to the weather timer. There were times where if Groudon was dead, I would end up sending Kyogre out on the last turn of rain. Groudon fixes that since its sun replaces the rain which ensures that Kyogre's rain will be up if I send it out. In the paste, it has leftovers but after running into some very irritating toxic Yveltals, I decided fuck it and just go lum. Since Yveltal also comes in on this thing, being able to delete it from the game for Calyrex is very helpful. Thunder wave is just a filler move to help Kyogre as well while blades and edge is for the killings. I also didn't realize this at first but if kept healthy, it can also check Marshadow and kill it which benefits Calyrex. I wasn't too sure about this when I added it but after playing, I'm glad I did

Closing Thoughts

Well, this is the first uber team that I ever made and somehow, it works. I don't know much about the tier other than wild guesses from the vr lists so I would like some help on this team. Also, if anyone gives advice, just keep Kyogre and Calyrex since those two were what I wanted to build around in the first place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)